PDA

View Full Version : Strategy: RP Evangelicals = Iowa Win

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
The reason Huckabee has surged exponentially is simple: the evangelicals are finally flooding out of the gates and mistaken him as an individual who will defend the moral issues they're concerned about...

If we want to win Iowa, we should target the bulk of our efforts with pin point accuracy on the evangelicals. I don't care if you're the farthest from an evangelical, it's time to start thinking like one.

As a born again Christian myself I am going to outline some talking points Iowa volunteers on the ground can tell churches, pastors, christian schools, etc. We should made a database of all the evangelical style churches in Iowa, Christian schools/colleges, Christian organizations, etc.

UPDATE 3:Latest version of the general evangelical flyer
http://tinyimg.us/i/jdv1197739249p.jpg

Flyer PDF Files:
Evangelical- General IOWA edition: http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general_IA.pdf
Evangelical- General: http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general.pdf
Evangelical- RP vs. Huck: http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_huck.pdf
Evangelical- RP vs Huck IOWA edition: http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_huck_IA.pdf

Text Author: David Gornoski aka Throwback280s
Graphic Designer: Promagma

UPDATE 2: Here's the latest text version I've crafted of the letter's points (newer than the below graphic):
*Every other Republican candidate will continue the same US-led "peace plan" path for Israel, which will result in further division of the Holy Land. Many Christians feel this greatly angers God. Ron Paul will stop America from continuing to divide this land.

*Every other Republican candidate only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act, which would end abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, the other candidates will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Ron Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed.

*Every other Republican candidate supports US continual involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN and other similar global organizations.

*Every other Republican candidate believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution.

*Every other Republican candidate supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus used physical force? When He was confronting the money changers for manipulating His people's wealth. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office.

*Every other Republican candidate supports government funding of church ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs.

*Every other Republican candidate wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling.

Ron Paul honors Christ in both his personal life and political record. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years. Paul is also a proud veteran of the US military. As a doctor, he has delivered over 4000 babies. God has richly blessed this statesman with over 11 million dollars raised in the current quarter, catapulting him to front runner status. Indeed, "the last shall be first." Please consider voting for Dr. Ron Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008.

UPDATE: Here is a graphic made by promagma of the talking points I made that you can use that will seal the deal for Paul over Huckabee (Remember it's not about whether you personally agree with the perspective or not, it's simply truth as they see things).
http://tinyimg.us/i/viu1197695654h.jpg

We plan to pass this along to as many evangelicals in Iowa as possible...print out as flyers and visit churches, Christian book stores, and Christian schools. Also, we are considering running this as an ad in some newspapers. Finally, we're trying to gather an email database of Passion of the Christ fans Huckabee is using.

WE CAN WIN IOWA!

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I can just about guarantee you...if these facts are presented to evangelicals in Iowa, Ron Paul will win the Iowa caucus.

ronpaulyourmom
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Those really are some good talking points.

davidhperry
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I can just about guarantee you...if these facts are presented to evangelicals in Iowa, Ron Paul will win the Iowa caucus.

I agree as well. How should we spread the word?

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
We need to get volunteers from this board to start calling, emailing, or visiting Iowa churches, Christian schools/colleges, and Christian bookstores. Many Christian book stores will let Christians pass out literature outside their doors.

Highstreet
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
The reason Huckabee has surged exponentially is simple: the evangelicals are finally flooding out of the gates and mistaken him as an individual who will defend the moral issues they're concerned about...

If we want to win Iowa, we should target the bulk of our efforts with pin point accuracy on the evangelicals. I don't care if you're the farthest from an evangelical, it's time to start thinking like one.

As a born again Christian myself I am going to outline some talking points Iowa volunteers on the ground can tell churches, pastors, christian schools, etc. We should made a database of all the evangelical style churches in Iowa, Christian schools/colleges, Christian organizations, etc.

Here is a rough draft of talking points you can use that will seal the deal for Paul over Huckabee (Remember it's not about whether you personally agree with the perspective or not, it's simply truth as they see things):

7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Choice for Born Again Christians

- "Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy."

- "Mike Huckabee only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act which, if passed, would've ended abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, Huckabee will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed."

- "Mike Huckabee is for US continual involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN and other similar global organizations."

- "Mike Huckabee believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution."

- "Mike Huckabee supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus got violent? When He was confronting the money changers for manipulating His people's currency. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office."

- "Mike Huckabee supports government funding of church's ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs."

- "Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling."

Nice list!!

Can someone make a printable flyer of this, that can be handed out in the canvassing next week?

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Im not a graphical talent so I can't do much work in that area. But we gotta keep showing these items to volunteers on our board and use them. These are 7 simple points that will let Ron Paul win.

See, illegal immigration and tax attacks against Huckabee are futile when firm Christians believe he is the best for their faith and moral values. This list provides undeniable truths Huckabee cannot explain away.

Ethek
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
It is said the Huckabee got his leap with Evangelicals by renting the mailing list for passion of the Christ. We need to get access to that list. There are 12 million email address on it I think.

Dorfsmith
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Here is a rough draft of talking points you can use that will seal the deal for Paul over Huckabee (Remember it's not about whether you personally agree with the perspective or not, it's simply truth as they see things):

7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Choice for Born Again Christians

- "Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy."

- "Mike Huckabee only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act which, if passed, would've ended abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, Huckabee will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed."

- "Mike Huckabee is for US continual involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN and other similar global organizations."

- "Mike Huckabee believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution."

- "Mike Huckabee supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus got violent? When He was confronting the money changers for manipulating His people's currency. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office."

- "Mike Huckabee supports government funding of church's ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs."

- "Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling."

Very well done! :cool:

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Ron Paul doesn't want to force creationism pseudoscience down our throats...that = not evangelicals

brumans
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Someone should photoshop this information and make it into a nice looking flyer

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Side fact: there are tons of conservative Baptist denominations...Independent Baptist, General Baptist, etc that associate anything Southern Baptist with liberalism. Might want to send these Iowan churches this info first.

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Ron Paul doesn't want to force creationism pseudoscience down our throats...that = not evangelicals

He hasn't actually made a public statement about that issue. When I asked him about that in person in Orlando, he said it's an irrelevant issue once people have more freedom to send their kids to private schools of their choice....they can teach whatever they want.

kill the banks
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
It is said the Huckabee got his leap with Evangelicals by renting the mailing list for passion of the Christ. We need to get access to that list. There are 12 million email address on it I think.

well if it's grassroots why not explore it

excellent 7 points notwithstanding ron lives like a christian , married / faithful , humble and honest ~ champions our best constitutional values and rights ~ walks the talk and votes like a scholar of morals and values

kill the banks

Throwback280s
12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
well if it's grassroots why not explore it

excellent 7 points notwithstanding ron lives like a christian , married / faithful , humble and honest ~ champions our best constitutional values and rights ~ walks the talk and votes like a scholar of morals and values

kill the banks

Yeah, I agree. We could provide that as an ending statement. I think 7 points has a good ring to it for that crowd though. :)

I also wanted to focus on issues where he clearly bests Huckabee/Romney for born again Christian concerns.

Here's the largest Christian political group in Iowa:
http://www.iowachristian.com/

Call their number and kindly inform them on those 7 key points.

Highstreet
12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Someone should photoshop this information and make it into a nice looking flyer

bump

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM

You don't have to say anything much to them yourself, but if you could pass out these talking points in front of churches, Christian schools, and book stores it could garner thousands of new votes.

livinglegend
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Definitely some good ideas.

The evangelicals seems to be pretty easy to swing if you can just tell them what they want to hear.

kill the banks
12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I agree. We could provide that as an ending statement. I think 7 points has a good ring to it for that crowd though. :)

I also wanted to focus on issues where he clearly bests Huckabee/Romney for born again Christian concerns.

Here's the largest Christian political group in Iowa:
http://www.iowachristian.com/

Call their number and kindly inform them on those 7 key points.

done ... emailed president and director

kill the banks

Bergie Bergeron
12-14-2007, 12:32 AM
This almost needs be stickied.

synthetic
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
There is way too much talk about religion and evangelicals right now. Its been the vehicle and excuse to talk about the pastor, Huckabee, for 2 weeks straight. Ron Paul should be talking family values and pointing to his life and large family during this "religious media blitz". BTW, the GOP isn't the party of God, they just say they are on television.

kill the banks
12-14-2007, 12:37 AM
There is way too much talk about religion and evangelicals right now. Its been the vehicle and excuse to talk about the pastor, Huckabee, for 2 weeks straight. Ron Paul should be talking family values and pointing to his life and large family during this "religious media blitz". BTW, the GOP isn't the party of God, they just say they are on television.

BTW , the message wasn't to the GOP

kill the banks

gb13
12-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Bump.

How can we get our hands on that Passion of the Christ mailing list? That would be key.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I believe Paul can experience a blitzkrieg surge if we get these facts out to Iowan christians.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 01:18 AM
http://www.leapingfromthebox.com/hs/elists/iowa.html

List of Homeschool/Christian groups in Iowa w/ contact info.

juddpuds
12-14-2007, 01:29 AM
The people that we need to be talking to and targeting for their support is the ministers. That should also be a lot quicker and easier than trying to contact thousands upon thousands of churchgoers individually. Even if we could only convert a handful of evangelical ministers to our cause it could pay huge dividends.

Ethek
12-14-2007, 01:48 AM
The Man Who Helped Start Huckabee's Roll
By Chris Cillizza And Shailagh Murray
Sunday, December 2, 2007; Page A02

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee's surge in Iowa, from single digits in the polls to a virtual tie for the lead among Republicans, has captivated the political world and prompted speculation about just how he did it.

The Fix may have found the answer: a physician from Montgomery, Ala., named Randy Brinson.

Brinson is the keeper of a massive e-mail list of much-coveted Christian voters that Huckabee is using to reach and organize people in early-voting states such as Iowa.

Brinson's list numbers about 71 million contacts, with 25 million identified as belonging to "25 and 45 years old, upwardly mobile, right-of-center, conservative households," he said. In other words, a target-rich environment for a candidate such as Huckabee, who is preaching a compassionate conservative message heavily infused with religious sentiment.

"You can't win an election with this narrow focus of social conservatives, economic conservatives and foreign policy conservatives," Brinson said. "That has fallen on deaf ears with [James] Dobson and those guys."

How did a doctor from Alabama come to possess one of the most coveted lists in Republican politics? Brinson has actor/director Mel Gibson to thank for that one.

In February 2004, Brinson, who has worked on and off in politics for much of his life, was at a gathering of national religious broadcasters when he ran into a group of people doing the early marketing efforts for Gibson's film "The Passion of the Christ."

It was a match made in, well, heaven. Brinson had been noodling with ideas about how to build a list to reach the Christian community for the better part of a year and had even formed Redeem the Vote, a voter registration organization. The marketers coveted his know-how, and an alliance was born.

By piggybacking onto pitches made for the movie, Brinson was able to collect 12 million addresses in short order. But it wasn't until Jim Caviezel, the actor who played Jesus in the film, taped a pitch for Redeem the Vote that the list really took off. Caviezel's video was e-mailed to more than 60 million people, Brinson said, and started a chain of events that eventually turned the list into a behemoth.

Huckabee got involved with Redeem the Vote on the ground floor, agreeing to serve as the chairman of the organization's national advisory committee in 2004. After the 2004 presidential election, Brinson went to each of the presidential campaigns, Republicans and Democrats, to pitch his list. Huckabee bit, hiring Webcasting TV -- a for-profit manager of the list -- as a consultant to his campaign. (Redeem the Vote is a not-for-profit group and, as such, does no political work.)

In Iowa alone, Brinson's list has produced 414,000 contacts for the Huckabee campaign, a stunning number given that less than one-quarter of that total is expected to vote in January's Republican caucuses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/01/AR2007120101569.html

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 01:52 AM
bump

Ethek
12-14-2007, 01:52 AM
I think the time is right to make a pitch for that list and get these talking points out in a carefully framed email.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 04:12 AM
This needs to be stickied immediately.

I'm a Christian and I concur with this thread. 100%

In 2 months he's gone from 4% to 21%. He's not dumb, he's playing the Christians just like Bush in 2000 and 2004. If we bring him down to 14% or 15%, we can win Iowa by dividing the "Bush" vote three or four ways.

Start throwing ideas and strategies around now or Huckabee will run away with Iowa.

Two ideas.

Homeschoolers email Homeschoolers and Christians email Pastors.

No spamming. Personal letters or email only.

An Open Letter to the Protestant Community in Behalf of Ron Paul (http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance127.html)
An Open Letter to Home Schooling Parents on Behalf of Ron Paul (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/clifton1.html)

I'm going to keep bumping this until we get active movement on this thread.

Ron Paul President in 2008, here are the steps.

1. Massive Teaparty
2. Win in NH
3. Win in Iowa

BTW, this is my first post on ronpaulforums.com, I just want to let you guys know there are lots of people who are passive paul-heads so don't ever get discouraged if you think the only people in the campaign are on the boards. :)

burningfur
12-14-2007, 04:18 AM
One more thing really quickly, it is not imperative to get the evangelicals to vote for Ron Paul. (though it would help.)

What is imperative is to discredit Huckabee on fiscal record, pardons, immigration, etc.

This way, people will focus on his policies (not that he's a Christian) and the vote will get split, RP wins.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 04:38 AM
We need the mailing list. Isn't Mel Gibson's father, Hutton, supporting Ron Paul? If his son has the list, or can get it, we should be able to get it from his father.

I hate to even mention this, but Alex Jones might be the contact to ask Hutton, because he has interviewed him several times.

disciple
12-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Go for it guys. Those are winning points.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 04:57 AM
bump

burningfur
12-14-2007, 06:23 AM
bump

manny
12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Contrasting Mike and Ron's records on homeschooling is a good start.

Really need to push the many many ways in which Huck is as liberal - or more so - than Rudy and Romney. I still believe many of Huck's supporters are not necessarily doing it out of "purely" religious conviction. It is that he is filling the role the Establishment wanted FT to do. That is being the conservative, moral, religious choice on offer. We all know RP is that guy so we need to push that RP is the alternative, the one who will stand up for the right of individuals to hold religious beliefs.

Remind them of what happens without checks and balances. Huckabee wants to extend state powers to promote religion. They might think this is fine, so what we accept the state gets to monitor and control our thoughts. Ask them then how they'll feel when Chelsea Clinton becomes president in the future and has all these powers to hand to force people to think her way.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
We need the mailing list. Isn't Mel Gibson's father, Hutton, supporting Ron Paul? If his son has the list, or can get it, we should be able to get it from his father.

I hate to even mention this, but Alex Jones might be the contact to ask Hutton, because he has interviewed him several times.

Who has an "in" with Alex and can approach him about contacting Hutton to get the Passion of Christ mailing list? If it's going to do us any good, this needs to happen today.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:46 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:51 AM
After the 2004 presidential election, Brinson went to each of the presidential campaigns, Republicans and Democrats, to pitch his list. Huckabee bit, hiring Webcasting TV -- a for-profit manager of the list -- as a consultant to his campaign. (Redeem the Vote is a not-for-profit group and, as such, does no political work.)

I wonder if we could buy this list from him?

Joey Wahoo
12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
What does this mean:

I don't understand that one at all.

I believe pro-life voters should be influenced by the fact that RP is an OB-GYN who has delivered over 4000 babies. He's been "hands on" right to life, you might say.

I think conservative Christians might also be influenced by the fact that RP is a veteran--MH is not. RP is a professional, with an M.D. from Duke. MH's only degree is from Ouchita Bible College.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:13 AM
What does this mean:

I don't understand that one at all.

I believe pro-life voters should be influenced by the fact that RP is an OB-GYN who has delivered over 4000 babies. He's been "hands on" right to life, you might say.

I think conservative Christians might also be influenced by the fact that RP is a veteran--MH is not. RP is a professional, with an M.D. from Duke. MH's only degree is from Ouchita Bible College.

I've talked with tons of evangelical Christians that are afraid/angry about what Bush has done to help spearhead the Road map to peace between Israel and Palestine and remove land they feel God gave to Israel. Now is not the time to debate the facts of that case. Fact is its reality for MILLIONS of evangelicals and needs to be used as a political issue we win on.

But yeah, Liberty Eagle that was an excellent idea. Any progress getting a hold of Mel Gibson's father?

StateofTrance
12-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Ron Paul is a closet Atheist. Believe me.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Any theories like that are irrelevant to the task at hand.

Ethek
12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Huckabee is getting a new campaign chairman. The former chairman for Ronald Regan.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53758

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I spoke with my business partner on the phone. We're considering doing an ad in a couple Iowa papers as well as some radio spots. Let's make this happen.

promagma
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I have some suggested changes, all in bold.
I added a closing section about his personal life.
I added an "ethics" section.
Rearranged the points. I think the ethics point will really catch the attention.
This is a great letter. Is it too long?

- Mike Huckabee has been investigated by a government ethics commission 14 times. Five of those times resulted in an official reprimand. The issues include personal use of government funds, funneling money through a false “charity”, hiding donor information, and misreporting personal income. Ron Paul has put his faith into action with an extraordinary ethical record for over 30 years. He does not use taxpayer money for his travels, never voted for a congressional pay raise, and even returns some of his office budget to the US Treasury each year.

- Mike Huckabee supports government funding of church's ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs.

- Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling.

- Mike Huckabee only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act which, if passed, would've ended abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, Huckabee will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed.

- Mike Huckabee believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution.

- Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy.

- Mike Huckabee supports continual US involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN, CFR, and other global organizations.

- Mike Huckabee supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus got violent? When He was confronting the money changers for profiteering from the the people of God. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office.

Ron Paul bears a Christian testimony in his personal life, his political record, and his statement of faith. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years. He is a former flight surgeon in the US Air Force, and a medical doctor (OB/GYN) that has delivered more than 4,000 babies. Ron Paul was one of Ronald Reagan's earliest supporters. Please consider voting for Dr. Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008. If you'd like to learn more, call Ron Paul's Iowa headquarters toll-free at 1-888-828-PAUL (7285) or visit his website, RonPaul2008.com.

Ethek
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I have some suggested changes, all in bold.
I added a closing section about his personal life.
I added an "ethics" section.
Rearranged the points. I think the ethics point will really catch the attention.
This is a great letter. Is it too long?

- Mike Huckabee has been investigated by a government ethics commission 14 times. Five of those times resulted in an official reprimand. The issues include personal use of government funds, funneling money through a false “charity”, hiding donor information, and misreporting personal income. Ron Paul has put his faith into action with an extraordinary ethical record for over 30 years. He does not use taxpayer money for his travels, never voted for a congressional pay raise, and even returns some of his office budget to the US Treasury each year.

- Mike Huckabee supports government funding of church's ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs.

- Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling.

- Mike Huckabee only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act which, if passed, would've ended abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, Huckabee will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed.

- Mike Huckabee believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution.

- Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy.

- Mike Huckabee supports continual US involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN, CFR, and other global organizations.

- Mike Huckabee supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus got violent? When He was confronting the money changers for profiteering from the the people of God. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office.

Ron Paul bears a Christian testimony in his personal life, his political record, and his statement of faith. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years. He is a former flight surgeon in the US Air Force, and a medical doctor (OB/GYN) that has delivered more than 4,000 babies. Ron Paul was one of Ronald Reagan's earliest supporters. Please consider voting for Dr. Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008. If you'd like to learn more, call Ron Paul's Iowa headquarters toll-free at 1-888-828-PAUL (7285) or visit his website, RonPaul2008.com.

All good things. It is becoming a wall of text though.

ThePieSwindler
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Bullshit. All this assumes is that atheists are somehow "smarter" or more "enlightened" than religious people, and Ron Paul is such, so he must obviously be an atheist. Right? Thats what youre implying here. He lives his personal life like a man of faith, and is also very Christian in how he acts otherwise. This is not to make the blanket statement that atheists cannot be moral, good people - most are. But come on now, this statement is bullshit, and if he were hiding something like that , undoubtedly he would tell it.

promagma
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM

This is technically true, but I think misrepresents Ron Paul's overall foreign policy.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=737

Maybe we can trim that point out.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 01:27 PM
But yeah, Liberty Eagle that was an excellent idea. Any progress getting a hold of Mel Gibson's father?

Alex Jones had the relationship with Mel Gibson's father. Someone who has an "in" with Alex, please email him. Understand that this would only get us part of the mailing list that this Alabama doctor has put together, but it would darn sure be a start. It also leads me to wonder if the doctor would sell the mailing list to more than just Huckabee's campaign. Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.

Noble
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
My suggestions to include onto this COMPLETELY NECESSARY ad.
I think these two quotes should be presented most prominently.

"The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance."

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers."

- Dr. Ron Paul

Noble
12-14-2007, 01:44 PM
By the way, I'm not a christian... but I think Ron Paul seems to be the best christian role model I've ever seen.

Todd
12-14-2007, 01:50 PM

I don't think this is entirely about Ron Paul talking religion as a main focus, but the grassroots effort to organize religious voters is a smart move. Remember we are all in this for one thing...to get Dr. Paul elected. This is where alot of focus was when I first came on board. We need to pull from all walks.;)

Todd
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM

This is a great strategy... We are trying to get people who love "freedom". I don't think this is a promotion of a belief system. We are all in this to get Dr. Paul elected. My meetup group is made up of anti war, pro gun, athiests and Christians...That is what I love about all of this.

Ron Paul = All Of Us ;)

Noble
12-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't think this is entirely about Ron Paul talking religion as a main focus, but the grassroots effort to organize religious voters is a smart move. Remember we are all in this for one thing...to get Dr. Paul elected. This is where alot of focus was when I first came on board. We need to pull from all walks

Agreed... What we really need is a nice photoshopped one page we can print out and hand out at churches. Theres lots of great material in this thread already.

My attitude towards political advertising has always been to take the high ground, don't talk about how BAD the other guy is, but how GOOD our guy is.

Joey Wahoo
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy.

This statement is totally false for two reasons. 1) MH is a Christian zionist who adamantly opposes any return of occupied Israeli land. He is as right-wing Israeli as one can get on this point. This statement is a misrepresentation of his position.

2) Ron Paul has no plan to stop any "fooishly divid(ing) of the land of Isreal to its enemies." Where did you come up with that notion?

Lets not stretch this. Ron Paul is the best candidate for evangelicals to support. But this statement is just false, and will damage the credibility of whatever you do.

sugaki
12-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Pompous elitism like this is why Ron Paul is marginalized. Good job perpetuating that.

promagma
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Nice photoshopped flyer coming soon ....

hawkeyenick
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Pompous elitism like this is why Ron Paul is marginalized. Good job perpetuating that.

Doesn't matter if he is or isn't

You do have to remember that the system is extremely biased against anyone not part of the problem (aka if you're not a christian, you already lose votes)

burningfur
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not here to witness to Atheists, I do that on the street. I have the freedom to say that Jesus Christ is Lord and to explain my position. If you want the gospel, go to NeedGod.com...we don't need to fight over this issue.

---

Target Homeschoolers with Huckabee's Homeschooling record.

Target Fiscal Conservatives with Huckabee's Fiscal Conservative Record.

Target the Tough Conservative with all Huckabee's pardons of criminals.

These are his three weakest points.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Mike Huckabee will continue to foolishly divide the land of Israel to its enemies. This angers God and if continued, our nation may cease to be blessed by Him. Ron Paul will stop this destructive liberal policy.

This statement is totally false for two reasons. 1) MH is a Christian zionist who adamantly opposes any return of occupied Israeli land. He is as right-wing Israeli as one can get on this point. This statement is a misrepresentation of his position.

2) Ron Paul has no plan to stop any "fooishly divid(ing) of the land of Isreal to its enemies." Where did you come up with that notion?

Lets not stretch this. Ron Paul is the best candidate for evangelicals to support. But this statement is just false, and will damage the credibility of whatever you do.

I know don't anything about Huckabee and Israel in the first point.

+1 for the second point

burningfur
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
bump

Ronin
12-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Shouldn't we run this by the campaign? Make sure we aren't contradicting the troops on the ground?

BillDayton
12-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Shouldn't we run this by the campaign? Make sure we aren't contradicting the troops on the ground?

We are the campaign. Keep it up.

mconder
12-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I actually agree with this. If RP focuses on the evangelical vote Huckabee is garnering right now, he might be able to steal 7-10% and some Mitt supporters along the way.

Noble
12-14-2007, 05:42 PM
bump.. waiting for the ad copy

ChelC
12-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Change the wording a little, it sounds funny to say 7 reasons Ron Paul, and every one starts with Mike Huckabee.

That should be 7 reasons not to vote for Huckabee. Then follow it up with a contrast of why to vote for RP. My $.02

promagma
12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Here it is! This is without the Isreal point. I can make PDF's when we get things finalized.

http://tinyimg.us/i/bfi1197679873x.jpg

promagma
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Change the wording a little, it sounds funny to say 7 reasons Ron Paul, and every one starts with Mike Huckabee. That should be 7 reasons not to vote for Huckabee. Then follow it up with a contrast of why to vote for RP. My $.02

I kind of agree with this, but I like approaching from a positive angle and have "Ron Paul" in a big title. I added "When making a faith based decision, please consider the following" to try to transition.

BillDayton
12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Beautiful. Thank you for your hard work.

Ethek
12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I kind of agree with this, but I like approaching from a positive angle and have "Ron Paul" in a big title. I added "When making a faith based decision, please consider the following" to try to transition.

Great work on the graphics. There are a few capitalization mistakes that I caught.

Sey.Naci
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Need to add the 'Paid for by Ron Paul supporters.... Not affiliated with the official campaign...' blurb

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Need to add the 'Paid for by Ron Paul supporters.... Not affiliated with the official campaign...' blurb

Yes. Please add this.

But, wonderful, wonderful, work on this flyer. Just fantastic!!

JordanL
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes. Please add this.

But, wonderful, wonderful, work on this flyer. Just fantastic!!

This needs to go as an ad in the Des Moines Register or something.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:31 PM
We really need to target Christians with this, rather than a general audience.

I wish we had Huckaboo's mailing list. How can we get a mailing list for Iowa Christians? Any ideas?

Then, we need to do the same for South Carolina, etc.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Here it is! This is without the Isreal point. I can make PDF's when we get things finalized.

That. is. Awesome.

We gotta get this out to the Meetup groups in Iowa!

BUMP.

Recommendation: Have a B/W version for people so they can make much cheaper copies

Just make the top graphic b/w, the rest can stay the same I believe...

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
All this great work was a welcomed surprise for me when I stopped by here this evening. Great job everyone...especially promagma for doing the graphical work. It's shaping up great.

Clarifying the Israel part: I included that as a counterpoint to a common scare tactic neo-cons use to eliminate evangelical RP support...namely that he will stop our support of Israel. Facts are he would end our participation in the Road Map to Peace deal which would end our involvement with dividing the land...a point millions of evangelicals believe is displeasing God. But I wasn't aware of Huckabee's position on that issue so it's probably best left out for this letter.

What I'd like to know now is: Are there any Christian newspapers or newsletters in Iowa?

I also emailed the Iowa Christian Alliance leaders this information. I encourage you all to do the same. If we overwhelm these Christian leaders with this letter they will get the picture that these issues are extremely important and must be addressed. Apparently, they seem to be the biggest Christian grassroots organization in Iowa.

Please add your own original touch to the email so it's not just the generic same points pasted over and over. Particularly powerful for sending this would be those who are Iowans.

www.IowaChristian.com

President - Steve Scheffler: slscheffler@iowachristian.com

Treasurer/President of the Board - Morris Hurd: mhurd@iowatelecom.net

State Finance Chairman - Gopal Krishna: gopkrishna@yahoo.com

Director of Church and Community Development Jessica Anderson: jessica@iowachristian.com

Lobbyist - Norm Pawlewski:Rmpaw@msn.com

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Whoever originally created this thread, please put that image on the first post!

Thanks! :D

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Don't forget ChristiansforRonPaul.com domain, that might be good to put at the bottom? What do you guys think?

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:09 PM
That might work. Just depends if they want to endorse this message. My business partner and I are looking at options ourselves as well.

BTW, I've updated the original post with the latest details on our project.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:17 PM
3rd paragraph...

home, private, or Christian schooling.

Is that better?

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
4th paragraph, give might italics.

good idea?

EvoPro
12-14-2007, 10:29 PM
It might be a good idea to tackle the drug issue before someone tries to slander Ron for it.

How does this sound?

The States will keep drugs illegal, some States may choose to decriminalize them and utilize rehab facilities. The goal here is to greatly reduce violence due to underground drug trade and put the drug pushers out of business.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't include the drugs issue on this. It unfortunately will be too much of a red flag for evangelicals. It's a tough paradigm shift for them to accept and it'll take a little longer than a month to bring them over to sympathy for changing anything about the way gov't handles drugs.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 10:46 PM
As a Christian I will tell you that talking about it is not a wise move. Don't put anything regarding drugs on there. Let them do the research to understand his position.

EvoPro
12-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I think you're right. It shouldn't go in this flier, but we should be ready for responses to this criticism.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
The argument to use for that is that the State is trying to takeover the Church's role of guiding people to make healthy spiritual choices for their life. We must stop the State from trying to remove the influence of the church when it comes to spreading the message of redemption and proper care of our bodily vessels God's given us.

0zzy
12-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Change the last 2 paragraphs.

US is not a member of CFR.
UN has nothing to do with Christianity (at least, not explained in that paragraph)
The Fed Reserve requires much more thinking and debate than what you write, has nothing to do with Christianity

Change last two to:

Ron Paul believes in the Christian theory of "just war". Gets approval from congress, etc.
and another one to something else

Think12345
12-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow, this is great! One of the best grassroots projects alongside the blimp.

boondoggle
12-14-2007, 11:01 PM
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS.

Alright, I get it, these are some great ideas.

But canvassing at churches is NOT the way to go. That's incredibly disrespectful, seriously. If anything ask a priest if you can put them on a church bulletin board or next to other flyers, etc. We want Ron Paul's supporters to have a good reputation, not one that takes advantage of individuals' beliefs in order to get someone (no matter how great) attention.

Churches and anything recognized "holy", "blessed", or "sacred" should be avoided. Respect that and others' beliefs. This is, in a weird way, like us going to Saudi Arabia, pissing off Osama, refusing to leave, making them mad, letting them declare war, and then sitting on our asses before 9/11. A loose relation, yeah, but it's an example, nonetheless. That idea is disrespectful . . . Maybe I'm just a spaz . . . But really, think about that.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
3rd paragraph...

home, private, or Christian schooling.

Is that better?
Good, I think I'd like it changed to "home or Christian schooling."

4th paragraph, give might italics.

good idea?

I approve of that as well. It was italicized in my original post.

US is not a member of CFR.

This wasn't in my original article. I think CFR should be removed as well.

The money changers & UN and their motives are just as relevant to Christian thought as abortion.

Mahkato
12-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Could you use a slightly happier looking Ron Paul for the flyer? Maybe one without a giant blurry finger?

promagma
12-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, fixed the CFR and other suggestions. I have emailed ChristiansForRonPaul.com to make sure this is OK.

Anything else?

burningfur
12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS.

Alright, I get it, these are some great ideas.

But canvassing at churches is NOT the way to go. That's incredibly disrespectful, seriously. If anything ask a priest if you can put them on a church bulletin board or next to other flyers, etc. We want Ron Paul's supporters to have a good reputation, not one that takes advantage of individuals' beliefs in order to get someone (no matter how great) attention.

Churches and anything recognized "holy", "blessed", or "sacred" should be avoided. Respect that and others' beliefs. This is, in a weird way, like us going to Saudi Arabia, pissing off Osama, refusing to leave, making them mad, letting them declare war, and then sitting on our asses before 9/11. A loose relation, yeah, but it's an example, nonetheless. That idea is disrespectful . . . Maybe I'm just a spaz . . . But really, think about that.

I agree, but there is no reason that when Ron Paul supporters come across a Christian who is supporting Huckabee or is undecided that this resource should not be available.

Spread this out to the meetup groups in Iowa. Whoever is campaigning in Iowa and reading this, pass it on Ivers (I believe that's his name)...

Jmaths117
12-14-2007, 11:21 PM

UPDATE: Here is a graphic made by promagma of the talking points I made that you can use that will seal the deal for Paul over Huckabee (Remember it's not about whether you personally agree with the perspective or not, it's simply truth as they see things).

We plan to pass this along to as many evangelicals in Iowa as possible...print out as flyers and visit churches, Christian book stores, and Christian schools. Also, we are considering running this as an ad in some newspapers. Finally, we're trying to gather an email database of Passion of the Christ fans Huckabee is using.

WE CAN WIN IOWA!
Genius. The more of these you pass out, the better. These would convince me in a heartbeat if I were a Christian.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 11:22 PM
We don't want a smiling picture underneath the three crosses, that's not good.

Find that serious picture where he's thinking. With his hand on his face. That would be a very good one...

burningfur
12-14-2007, 11:23 PM
0:18, this picture... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-GgJpfSmQ&feature=related)

Where's the source for this?

promagma
12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
But canvassing at churches is NOT the way to go. That's incredibly disrespectful, seriously.

I agree, canvassing at churches is a bad idea. Anything on Sunday morning is a bad idea. We are talking about sending letters and flyers, or emails, to pastors and Christian leaders. Post it on a bulletin board at a Christian bookstore, health food store, YMCA, etc.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I think the current image is pretty cool. Here's some other options for cool images I found on Google.
http://www.menphis75.com/images/foto_varie/JesusWorld.JPG
http://theithacan.org/blogs/thespectrum/files/2007/10/ron-paul-iowa.jpg

Think12345
12-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Maybe Iowa Christian radio?

http://www.christart.com/radio/iowa/

We can have the DJ say "7 Reasons for Ron Paul. Reason #5..."

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Excellent find.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Point 3:

Please change "Christian schools" back to private schools. Otherwise, show me where Ron Paul said he would issue tax credits to those sending their children specifically to Christian schools.

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:37 PM

To help parents with the costs of schooling, I have introduced H.R. 1056, the Family Education Freedom Act, in Congress. This bill would allow parents a tax credit of up to $5,000 (adjustable after 2007 for inflation) per student per year for the cost of attendance at an elementary and/or secondary school. This includes private, parochial, religious, and home schools.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/education/

Here's the thinking Ron Paul image someone was looking for:
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/darla_056/RONPAUL-3.jpg

kill the banks
12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
i see things are moving along here ... i hope your churches consider at least the movement of globalists to a one world religion as well throwback ... if huck is a confirmed to zionist agenda it is part of their agenda against Christian belief system and a virus to the church and Christ imo ...
as you probably know anti zionist movements claiming true jewish orthodox beliefs think israel is a manmade creation of men like rothschild and not true to the scripture ~ that the agenda is ultimately a one world / religion order and a danger to Christianity and the church

perhaps , a point you could research on to represent the danger of electing these CFR 'ers , bilderbergers , globalists ... ?
surely ron paul is a better alternative than elite globalist agenda

kill the banks

Throwback280s
12-14-2007, 11:43 PM
When I looked at the sentence in context, I think the original "private schooling" is the best bet. Don't want to sound misleading as if the credits are only for Christian or home schools.

burningfur
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
could you put all three?

home, private, and Christian?

Either the b/w pic with Paul by the mic or the thinking pic, whoever's doing the graphics check them both out and see which one looks better....

Think12345
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Can someone post just the text here or use a different URL for the image? The URL is blocked for me :(

kill the banks
12-14-2007, 11:59 PM
i'd also rephrase ' Jesus got violent ' ... i don't think it connotes to His true feelings ... angered perhaps or think about it

kill the banks

burningfur
12-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes, here's a better phrase instead of Jesus got violent...

"What was the one time Jesus was justly angered?"

Jesus didn't kill or maim any of the moneychangers, however, he was righteously justified in being angry to make an important statement against those who would use the holy temple for their own gain.

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 12:07 AM
please be sure to disclose that above is grassroots and not official campaign etc

kill the banks

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
He got very physical. Most Evangelicals remember him as being pretty physical in that scene. He was pissed off and angry at many other events as well...especially the Pharisees, calling them a brood of vipers. Either violent or physical seem to be the best words to evoke the picture we want to convey.

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 12:28 AM
He got very physical. Most Evangelicals remember him as being pretty physical in that scene. He was pissed off and angry at many other events as well...especially the Pharisees, calling them a brood of vipers. Either violent or physical seem to be the best words to evoke the picture we want to convey.

angered & physical then ... He was not violent frankly imo

kill the banks

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 12:39 AM
angered & physical then ... He was not violent frankly imo

kill the banks

If a man walked into a church today and started throwing tables everywhere and chasing members out of the church, scattering products and books everywhere, would we call that violent?

Think12345
12-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Are there any clergy members here? I thing it'd do good to run the text by them so that we don't accidentally offend somebody. I am not an Evangelist but am a Christian and "physical" and "violent" coupled with "Jesus" are borderline for me.

Also, shouldn't huck's lies be mentioned? Like this one, posted on another thread?
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I think physical is an acceptable alternative to violent.

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
If a man walked into a church today and started throwing tables everywhere and chasing members out of the church, scattering products and books everywhere, would we call that violent?

i think it is not a fair analogy ... it's semantics and the message was not violence but instruction to the evil money changers

kill the banks

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Are there any clergy members here? I thing it'd do good to run the text by them so that we don't accidentally offend somebody. I am not an Evangelist but am a Christian and "physical" and "violent" coupled with "Jesus" are borderline for me.

Also, shouldn't huck's lies be mentioned? Like this one, posted on another thread?
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222

he apparently does have a ba i think in religion and part masters not completed plus experience ,, be careful what you say in this ... in nicest way i can put it ... what would ron paul say

kill the banks

Myerz
12-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Does someone have a PDF of the flyer? You know the first submission on this thread?

burningfur
12-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Actually, it's funny, I just heard a sermon about this.

Essentially, the preacher was talking about what Jesus would do today.

He'd walk into a Christian bookstore and start ripping apart Joel Osteen books and throwing out Thomas Kincaid paintings out into the street, good points about all this.

I am an Evangelist and after reading it through a few more times, I think that the way it was originally is good. This is a very, very good flier.

Get this out to the Meetup groups

Also, add that, not affiliated with Ron Paul's Campaign thing.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 01:01 AM
No, we don't need to attack Huckabee's degree, his policies provide more than enough ammo.

I repeat, don't put in anything about Huckabee's degree it will backfire.

Myerz
12-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Are we waiting for a final draft? Is that why there's nothing available for download?

burningfur
12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
I think whoever is working on the graphic is going to be testing out three different images for it and correcting stuff....

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Actually, it's funny, I just heard a sermon about this.

Essentially, the preacher was talking about what Jesus would do today.

He'd walk into a Christian bookstore and start ripping apart Joel Osteen books and throwing out Thomas Kincaid paintings out into the street, good points about all this.

I am an Evangelist and after reading it through a few more times, I think that the way it was originally is good. This is a very, very good flier.

Get this out to the Meetup groups

Also, add that, not affiliated with Ron Paul's Campaign thing.

can't agree ... wrong connotation ... wrong message ... wrong image ... He is not literally violent in my opinion and you could offend ... can't endorse that so good luck

kill the banks

Think12345
12-15-2007, 01:10 AM
OK, I withdraw my suggestion about the degree.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Made some major changes. What do you think of this version?
---

*Every other Republican candidate will continue the same US-led "peace plan" path for Israel, which will result in further division of the Holy Land. Many Christians feel this greatly angers God. Ron Paul will stop America from continuing to divide this land.

*Every other Republican candidate only plans to play a never ending chess game of nominating judges that might challenge abortion on demand. Ron Paul has consistently introduced to Congress the Sanctity of Life Act, which would end abortion on demand as we know it. Furthermore, the other candidates will continue to allow federal courts to decide law on issues such as religious displays, prayer in schools, abortion and same-sex marriage. Ron Paul's We the People Act of 2006 would forbid federal courts from reviewing these issues. Federal judicial tyranny against religious freedom would be crushed.

*Every other Republican candidate supports US continual involvement in the UN. Ron Paul realizes that precursors to one world government are something Christians should vehemently oppose. As such, Ron Paul is the only candidate that would end our membership with the UN and other similar global organizations.

*Every other Republican candidate believes marriage is an institution of the government. Ron Paul understands that marriage is a religious institution that transcends man's governments. Ron Paul would fight to bring it back to its roots as a religious institution.

*Every other Republican candidate supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus used physical force? When He was confronting the money changers for manipulating His people's wealth. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office.

*Every other Republican candidate supports government funding of church ministerial work. As the federal government continues to provide more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State. The eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China. Ron Paul would end this underhanded assault against the free Church by stopping such programs.

*Every other Republican candidate wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling.

Ron Paul honors Christ in both his personal life and political record. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years. Paul is also a proud veteran of the US military. As a doctor, he has delivered over 4000 babies. God has richly blessed this statesman with over 11 million dollars raised in the current quarter, catapulting him to front-runner status. Indeed, "the last shall be first." Please consider voting for Dr. Ron Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
That's the thing about this verse, you don't want to make Jesus look like a pansy or a mercenary. People usually go extreme on either side.

Luke 19:45

"And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold, saying to them. "It is written, 'My house shall be a house of prayer,' but you have made it a den of robbers."

In Mark, 11

"And they came to Jerusalem. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And he would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. And he was teaching them and saying to them, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations? But you have made it a den of robbers.'" And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because all the crowd was astonished at his teaching. and when evening came they went out of the city.

He's flipping over chairs and tables. This verse more specifically applies to people who use religion as a way to enrich themselves and to deprive the poor and downtrodden.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Looks great. Very good job!

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 02:14 AM
How about this for a closing statement:
Ron Paul honors Christ in both his personal life and political record. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years. Paul is also a proud veteran of the US military. As a doctor, he has delivered over 4000 babies. God has richly blessed this statesman with over 11 million dollars raised in the current quarter, catapulting him to front runner status. Indeed, "the last shall be first." Please consider voting for Dr. Ron Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008.

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Made some major changes. What do you think of this version?
---

*Every other Republican candidate supports the Federal Reserve, the private bank responsible for the destruction of our dollar. Thanks to the Fed, our dollar is now worth around 4 cents. What was the one time Jesus got violent? When He was confronting the money changers for manipulating His people's currency. Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did. The Federal Reserve's days are numbered when Ron Paul steps into office.

you wrote it more like i would have and it hits a truth button ... still you say "Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to confront the money changers as Jesus did."
will ron paul use violence ...? justice is not violence in my opinion sorry ... "got violent" is not even great english use ... what was the one time Jesus manifested [ used] physical anger ? is better ... ron is not violence and neither was Christ ; both manifest action under the law ~ ron with constitutional law , Christ with God's law

why risk offending people for one bloody word ... ?

kill the banks

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:25 AM
the thing is that It's a hard paragraph to word correctly...

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 02:27 AM
A note about the Biblical money changers. They were engaging in a practice extremely similar to the Federal Reserve's practices. The Jews had to use a special coin to pay for temple sacrifices. These individuals had a complete monopoly on this special coin. With full control over the money supply, they were able to jack the price of the coin up tremendously. This robbed the poor people who were helpless to the monopoly money men.

Also, a side note, my father has been a pastor all his life. He has pastored many evangelical churches across the nation throughout his life. I can assure you each issue I mentioned in my letter is going to resonate VERY strongly with the heartland evangelical conservatives.

And do not discount the Israel point for one moment. Every evangelical I've spoken with talks of Bush helping divide Israel's land as being as evil as abortion on demand. It is an issue yet to be tapped into for us.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:30 AM
How about this for a closing statement:

Get rid of "God has richly" to "first." I really don't think we should imitate Huckabee or Romney and say that God is endorsing us.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Changed "got violent" with "used physical force"....

The reason I want to keep the question format in place for that topic is I want to stimulate thought in the evangelical's mind. It's an issue most of them have never addressed and by getting them to mentally picture that scene very vividly and connect that with what's going on with the Federal Reserve today, it shows a direct What Would Jesus Do? moment.

Isupportliberty
12-15-2007, 02:35 AM

I like the idea about informing Evangelicals about Ron Paul's stances, but the way the ad is presented gives me some concern. I think we need to approach people by being as positive as possible, and this ad seems kind of negative in its attacks. I believe voters should hear the truth but with the way the ad is layed out right now it seems more like an attack on Huckabee than it is a promotion of Ron Paul. I disagree with starting every sentence with the name Mike Huckabee.

Perhaps starting each sentence in a way that connects the reader with Ron Paul would be more beneficial.

i.e.

instead of saying it this way:

"Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling."

it can be said this way:

As evangelicals, we believe that we should have a choice in our children's education. Ron Paul would abolish the Dept of Education. In addition, Ron Paul believes parents should be rewarded substantial tax credits if they choose home or private schooling. On the other hand, Mike Huckabee wants to continue to allow the humanist influenced Dept of Education to have full control over our children's public education.

I think this gets the message across in a much nicer way.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Get rid of "God has richly" to "first." I really don't think we should imitate Huckabee or Romney and say that God is endorsing us.

K, let me explain the way evangelicals think. We all receive blessings from God. Saying God blessed someone doesn't mean that person is receiving an exclusive blessing. It means that God is getting credit for their success. So, in one sentence we show that Ron Paul is top tier while also showing that all success comes from God. Born again Christians respect that.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:38 AM
A note about the Biblical money changers. They were engaging in a practice extremely similar to the Federal Reserve's practices. The Jews had to use a special coin to pay for temple sacrifices. These individuals had a complete monopoly on this special coin. With full control over the money supply, they were able to jack the price of the coin up tremendously. This robbed the poor people who were helpless to the monopoly money men.

Also, a side note, my father has been a pastor all his life. He has pastored many evangelical churches across the nation throughout his life. I can assure you each issue I mentioned in my letter is going to resonate VERY strongly with the heartland evangelical conservatives.

And do not discount the Israel point for one moment. Every evangelical I've spoken with talks of Bush helping divide Israel's land as being as evil as abortion on demand. It is an issue yet to be tapped into for us.

I did not know this, I was born again three years ago so I'm still learning a lot, :)
with that fact in point, I agree 100% with Jesus being violent. Boy, that sure sounds a lot like the inflation tax....

I think another sentence could be added to the Israel part to make it a little stronger. Perhaps it is just me, is there something else....

However, I'm not too familiar with Paul's views on Israel...I originally was worried about the military draft and really, really didn't want to go fight in Iran, then I saw a youtube vid, been hooked. lol.

I don't know who is the leader of the meetups in Iowa, but somehow we gotta get this pdf out to them when it's all finished

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 02:40 AM
I like the idea about informing Evangelicals about Ron Paul's stances, but the way the ad is presented gives me some concern. I think we need to approach people by being as positive as possible, and this ad seems kind of negative in its attacks. I believe voters should hear the truth but with the way the ad is layed out right now it seems more like an attack on Huckabee than it is a promotion of Ron Paul. I disagree with starting every sentence with the name Mike Huckabee.
I agree. What do you think of my latest version? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=607532&postcount=125

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:42 AM
K, let me explain the way evangelicals think. We all receive blessings from God. Saying God blessed someone doesn't mean that person is receiving an exclusive blessing. It means that God is getting credit for their success. So, in one sentence we show that Ron Paul is top tier while also showing that all success comes from God. Born again Christians respect that.

I see your point, sounds good, we just gotta be careful...

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 02:42 AM

i think you worded this carefully enough ... true enough

can't argue that ... not unlike fiat debt system today ... no one should underestimate the challenge the country is under or the church ... good job

kill the banks

Isupportliberty
12-15-2007, 02:48 AM
I agree. What do you think of my latest version? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=607532&postcount=125

While not targeting a specific candidate, I still feel it is abrasive, I think this ad needs to connect with the readers first. By starting off with a statement about how the reader feels and then connecting that with how voting for Ron Paul will help facilitate that, it has a much larger impact with that person. After leaving them feeling good, by showing a contrast of the other candidates, it shows Ron Paul is the only choice for them.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:48 AM

This is why the rEVOLution rocks. How long would it have taken a paid campaign staffer to do this? Don't forget graphics, unbelievable.

It is worded perfectly.

Perfect points for Evangelicals.

Two big thumbs up sir.

Only thing now is to test those two images, pick an image, and export it to pdf.

I still like the one with Ron Paul thinking, I think that would look great.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/darla_056/RONPAUL-3.jpg

http://theithacan.org/blogs/thespectrum/files/2007/10/ron-paul-iowa.jpg

kill the banks
12-15-2007, 02:51 AM
I think physical is an acceptable alternative to violent.

i'll quit ... good nite all
;)

kill the banks

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Will this work?

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/gandalf_paul_08.jpg

Get it, Get it? C.S. Lewis - Christians - Ron Paul

It all makes sense. :D

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 03:15 AM

I'm too tired to figure out how this should be changed, but the last sentence must be. Everything was going well and then we hit the last sentence. Isn't the point that the fed'l government shouldn't have anything to do with an institution/personal decision that is none of their business? Hopefully, someone can come up with a good thing to say here.

ionlyknowy
12-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Within the last two days we have sent out a mass emailing to 120,000 Christian pastors from all over the US with a concentration in NH Iowa, and SC. This was a project that has been in the making for over 2 months....

So if you send out any emails to Christian pastors then you risk sending a repeat email unless you check the email addresses against ours...

See the thread here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28292&highlight=ionlyknowy

burningfur
12-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Within the last two days we have sent out a mass emailing to 120,000 Christian pastors from all over the US with a concentration in NH Iowa, and SC. This was a project that has been in the making for over 2 months....

So if you send out any emails to Christian pastors then you risk sending a repeat email unless you check the email addresses against ours...

See the thread here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28292&highlight=ionlyknowy

please tell me you didn't spam them. please, I'm begging you.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Any update on graphical work?

Joey Wahoo
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Excellent work

Is the final product available on the internet?

promagma
12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok, wrapping things up here. I put in the pensive picture. I made a "general" version with what Throwback contributed. And we will have the Huckabee version available too. Also made Iowa versions, which only changes the last sentence. I used Throwback's closing part for both of them. Changed it to "He has been richly blessed" to lower the intensity a notch.

Will post this in the media forum, soon.

Four versions of the PDF:

Christian flyer - general (http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general.pdf)
Christian flyer - general for Iowa (http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general_IA.pdf)
Christian flyer - RP vs. Huck (http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_huck.pdf)
Christian flyer - RP vs. Huck for Iowa (http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_huck_IA.pdf)

General for Iowa preview:

http://tinyimg.us/i/jdv1197739249p.jpg

scandinaviany3
12-15-2007, 11:30 AM
AGreed on the posts...

Please get everyone to hit the max goal of 50k(min challenge 15k) for the grass roots tv ads under www.operationnh.com and sweep iowa away from huckabee and romney!

Joey Wahoo
12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for all your hard work, and the final piece came out very well.

But I still do not understand the Israel reference. RP has repeatedly said that we should keep out of the affairs of other nations, and that includes Israel.

I really think your product would be much more effective if you leave that out, or deemphasize it.

winston_blade
12-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Will this work?

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/gandalf_paul_08.jpg

Get it, Get it? C.S. Lewis - Christians - Ron Paul

It all makes sense. :D

C.S. Lewis didn't write Lord of the Rings. J.R. from Dallas did.

scandinaviany3
12-15-2007, 11:37 AM
magma, can you send me a message i would like to put your flyers into the packs we are giving out door to door on 30daystoiowa.com

promagma
12-15-2007, 11:53 AM
But I still do not understand the Israel reference. RP has repeatedly said that we should keep out of the affairs of other nations, and that includes Israel.

That was straight from what Throwback posted, but I'd be happy to change the Israel part if people agree.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
That was straight from what Throwback posted, but I'd be happy to change the Israel part if people agree.

The Israel part is key. It is fact and it is integral to my business team engaging in advertisement opportunities with this.

Ron Paul has said specifically we have no business engaging in that Israel/Palestine conflict...our engagement thus far has produced nothing but division of the land....When Ron Paul stops our entanglement in that affair, America will no longer be dividing that land. This is a self evident fact that when shared with evangelicals will when them over in droves.

promagma
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Great, it looks like 30DaysToIowa.com will be using our flyers (or some version of it). I am in the process of messaging meetup leaders in IA, NH, and SC about the flyer.

drednot
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Outstanding piece of work! Very visually appealing.

I felt it was even stronger when it was contrasting Ron with the front-runner Huckabee, but I understand the desire to make this solely about Ron.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
The Israel part is key. It is fact and it is integral to my business team engaging in advertisement opportunities with this.

Ron Paul has said specifically we have no business engaging in that Israel/Palestine conflict...our engagement thus far has produced nothing but division of the land....When Ron Paul stops our entanglement in that affair, America will no longer be dividing that land. This is a self evident fact that when shared with evangelicals will when them over in droves.

Absolutely, the Israel issue is huge.

First exposure to Ron Paul with Israel should be that he is not going to broker "peace" agreements for land with Palestine. Excellent.

I just want to give another two big thumbs up to the graphic artist and the original creator of the thread, Christians shall not be deceived by the ear-ticklers! I really hope that it will not be a repeat of previous elections.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I think someone needs to sticky this thread...Getting this information into the hands of a few thousand Iowan evangelicals can mean the difference between freedom and tyranny for an entire generation of Americans.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I think someone needs to sticky this thread...Getting this information into the hands of a few thousand Iowan evangelicals can mean the difference between freedom and tyranny for an entire generation of Americans.

I second the sticky motion.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Any mods?

burningfur
12-15-2007, 05:48 PM
bumpity bump

burningfur
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
bump

burningfur
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
bumping until mods notice...

burningfur
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
blimp

burningfur
12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
blimp bump.

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm uncomfortable with that point about Israel. Are we putting words in Dr. Paul's mouth? All I have heard him say are things along the lines of it being none of our business.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
bump

gracemonger
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Bump for truth!

burningfur
12-15-2007, 06:49 PM
bump

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Are you all trying to help or hurt the campaign? The drums of war are beating so loudly in this thread that I really can't tell.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Are you all trying to help or hurt the campaign? The drums of war are beating so loudly in this thread that I really can't tell.

? I don't understand what you're saying.

Huckabee will win Iowa if the supporters don't respond to his surge. Why do you think the campaign is brining in people to tell the truth about Huckabee.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
bump FTW

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Huckabee will not necessarily win Iowa. Believe it or not, there are people in Iowa who don't think the world will end if Israel makes peace with the Palestinians. Are you intentionally trying to lose the votes of those people? Ron Paul has made no statements regarding what settlement should be reached in the Middle East except that America should not be involved. Your brochure is misleading. Some churches are preaching peace.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 07:15 PM

+1

burningfur
12-15-2007, 07:20 PM
bump

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 07:24 PM

The key to this campaign is AMERICA FIRST. I believe if you review the YouTube debate, you'll find that stated in no uncertain terms.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Iowa is 40% Christian. This flier is going to be very, very important. Period.

I don't know how this is any different than the pro-life slim jim.

lbadragan
12-15-2007, 07:33 PM
As a former Evangelical Christian, I am convinced these ads would be a very powerful tool.

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Why is it so hard just to tell the truth and change the statement to end "Ron Paul will end the United States involvement in the affairs of Israel?"

burningfur
12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Why is it so hard just to tell the truth and change the statement to end "Ron Paul will end the United States involvement in the affairs of Israel?"

Because then it sounds like he doesn't care what happens to them.

ifthenwouldi
12-15-2007, 07:45 PM

As a Christian, I don't really care either. It's not Ron Paul's fault people have read all kinds of things into the New Testament that aren't there.

In fact, I'm quite offended that people here think Christians in Iowa don't care about the basic principles of life, liberty, and prosperity. IMHO, it would be better to focus on Paul's quiet yet vital faith, his integrity, and his principled leadership. Those are issues all Christians can respect.

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 07:48 PM

I had to ask. :rolleyes:

The evangelicals are free to vote for whichever candidate they feel best represents their political agenda. We have a responsibility to be honest when we represent a candidate. I think Jesus would want us to be honest.

That's all I have to say.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I had to ask. :rolleyes:

The evangelicals are free to vote for whichever candidate they feel best represents their political agenda. We have a responsibility to be honest when we represent a candidate. I think Jesus would want us to be honest.

That's all I have to say.

You are not understanding what I am saying.

If you say "he will end all involvement with Israel." People will think he's anti-semitic and is against Israel which is not the case.

Just like Abortion. If you say to someone he's against a constitutional ammendment to ban abortions, they will say that he is pro-choice, which is false.

There needs to be a distinction drawn here and that is what Throwback280s is trying to do. Ron paul believes in the sovereignity of each nation and by not being involved in the Israel/Palestine affair, Israel will not have to give up land for peace.

*Every other Republican candidate will continue the same US-led "peace plan" path for Israel, which will result in further division of the Holy Land. Many Christians feel this greatly angers God. Ron Paul will stop America from continuing to divide this land.*

This is absolutely true and consistent with his views.

bump

RockEnds
12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
You are not understanding what I am saying.

If you say "he will end all involvement with Israel." People will think he's anti-semitic and is against Israel which is not the case.

Just like Abortion. If you say to someone he's against a constitutional ammendment to ban abortions, they will say that he is pro-choice, which is false.

There needs to be a distinction drawn here and that is what Throwback280s is trying to do. Ron paul believes in the sovereignity of each nation and by not being involved in the Israel/Palestine affair, Israel will not have to give up land for peace.

*Every other Republican candidate will continue the same US-led "peace plan" path for Israel, which will result in further division of the Holy Land. Many Christians feel this greatly angers God. Ron Paul will stop America from continuing to divide this land.*

This is absolutely true and consistent with his views.

bump

Here I go back on my word. I'll say some more.

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. I've been to church, albeit not since the '80's. I've heard the sermons. I've been told that every single problem this country has ever faced has been brought on by a foreign policy that's prevented Israel from occupying every square inch given to her by God. I've stood on the mountain where Moses died, for Pete's sake.

I understand what you are saying.

I also understand that Ron Paul's foreign policy is to stay out of the affairs of other nations. If you can sell that idea to the church, then great!

burningfur
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Here I go back on my word. I'll say some more.

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. I've been to church, albeit not since the '80's. I've heard the sermons. I've been told that every single problem this country has ever faced has been brought on by a foreign policy that's prevented Israel from occupying every square inch given to her by God. I've stood on the mountain where Moses died, for Pete's sake.

I understand what you are saying.

I also understand that Ron Paul's foreign policy is to stay out of the affairs of other nations. If you can sell that idea to the church, then great!

Preachers have always told the problems of America are related to Israel? That's partly the case, but I think it's greed, apathy towards the poor, corruption, sexual perversity, and extreme corruption.

People always looking out for only themselves.

Throwback280s
12-15-2007, 09:48 PM
It's simple. Ron Paul hasn't said one way or another what should happen between Israel and Palestine. What he has said is that with him the US will not be engaging in that conflict....That means with him, we will not be connected with divvying up that land....this is something that MILLIONS of evangelicals are preaching from the hilltops as something extremely wrong that the US is helping divide the land. By letting them know he will stop the US policy in that regard, he will be seen as a hero to the millions of evangelicals concerned.

colecrowe
12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
THIS JUST IN:Ron Paul Posting Ads
<<<<I guess they are printing this in the papers in Iowa... Not sure how much of this is true...I think we need to pick this apart... Anyone agree???
7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Choice for Born Again Christians >>>>
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4179

burningfur
12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
It's simple. Ron Paul hasn't said one way or another what should happen between Israel and Palestine. What he has said is that with him the US will not be engaging in that conflict....That means with him, we will not be connected with divvying up that land....this is something that MILLIONS of evangelicals are preaching from the hilltops as something extremely wrong that the US is helping divide the land. By letting them know he will stop the US policy in that regard, he will be seen as a hero to the millions of evangelicals concerned.

+1

burningfur
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
THIS JUST IN:Ron Paul Posting Ads
<<<<I guess they are printing this in the papers in Iowa... Not sure how much of this is true...I think we need to pick this apart... Anyone agree???
7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Choice for Born Again Christians >>>>
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4179

I don't have a username, can you post what they're saying?

burningfur
12-17-2007, 01:34 AM
bump

*want to make sure the Iowan meetups have this resource*

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
You guys want to win Iowa? Let's get this distributed on the ground.

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Why can't you tell them how it will benefit Israel, if America stops butting into their affairs?

Todd
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
As a Christian I will tell you that talking about it is not a wise move. Don't put anything regarding drugs on there. Let them do the research to understand his position.

Agreed...We Baptists get a little uppity over Alcohol and druggy talk....

I, however, don't. How does that grab ya....A Christian for the legalization of Drugs. ;)

Todd
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM

Yes.. Anything that avoids an overt religious claim can still appeal to Christian sentiments, if it is worded the right way.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Talk to someone from the Iowa. We may be able to use these points in some advertisements.

RockEnds
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
It's a good-looking flier. I'd like to see it distributed as well. It would be wonderful to have the evangelical vote.

Liberty Eagle gives good advice.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your support.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
HUGE UPDATE: Ron Paul Iowa campaign is going to use this advertise in a major ad buy tomorrow. Help needed immediately.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
We're having some tweaks made to the ad and then I'm going to donate it to the campaign.
Thanks everyone for helping us win back our country! This will win over countless evangelicals...the key to winning.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
How do you edit the file? It simply needs a couple minor edits. Just two in fact. It has be done by tonight.

Joey Wahoo
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
thanks for all your wonderful work and effort, but if its not too late I'd definitely suggest removing the reference to Israel. It just gives the Huck folks too much material for a counterattack, and we win hands down on the other issues.

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Promagma has access to the file. If anyone knows his email, phone, or contact info please get a hold of him. He's the guy that has access to editing this piece. The Iowa campaign needs it by tonight because tomorrow they're putting in their ad buys.

EDIT: The campaign didn't make any edit changes to the political info text of the ad so they must be in approval of all the info.