PDA

View Full Version : Home-based phone bank this weekend and all next week! - Advice needed!

TwinTurboMike
12-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey all, I just received an email from Meetup Alliance a moment ago providing information about a volunteer phone bank that has been set up for anyone interested. I am going to post the contents of the email, minus the website. I have some concerns and need ideas how to overcome them:

This database could easily be compromised by other candidates supporters
People may try and over-sell Ron Paul on these calls, turning people away
People may not want to reveal their personal phone number to recipients
People may not have sufficient minutes on their cell phone plan to contribute

Thoughts on overcoming some of the issues:
Only open to those who have contributed donations to Ron Paul's campaign
Use VOIP services and a temporary phone number, such as www.broadvoice.com
Use caller-id blocking
Stick to a very strict script in your general message
Perhaps senior members/admins of this forum can give the website out selectively in confidence

Here's the email:

I need all of you and everyone you know across the USA to volunteer to help with the HUGE HOME BASED PHONE DRIVE!!!

The greatest part about this event is that you can do it from home, you don't have to go anywhere. All you'll need is a cell phone with free minutes and a computer with an internet connection!

The Libertarian Party has generously opened up their phone banking website for us to use at

[website here]

If you would like to participate please go to [website here] and register on their website. Once you have finished, you will receive a confirmation email. Then you'll have a username and login. Then on Saturday you just log in, pick up your phone, and call the phone numbers. In the website is a very simple tutorial on how to use the system, there's a simple interface that allows you to record the status of the call. It's very important to get as many people as we can all over the USA or even the world to call New Hampshire that day.

Again, to participate:

1. Register at [website here]

2. Familiarize yourself with the website and use the easy tutorials they provide.

If you have any questions please ask: [contact here]. Thanks and have a great day!

Austin Petersen

RobS
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
yeah... the site is ballotbase.org

no point in trying to keep it secret, the LP party released a press release about it.

TwinTurboMike
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Ah ok, fair enough. Well, there it is. Ballotbase.org. Have at it everyone. It looks pretty damn easy! :)

RobS
12-13-2007, 11:23 PM
:)

shortna
12-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Instructions: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Nr9CpdTgw