PDA

View Full Version : Numbers for Mississippi

skeet
12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Based upon the 2000 Republican Presidential Primary a total of 114,979 votes were cast.

Adding another 20% to adjust for the population increase that brings us to roughly 135,000 for 2008.

To win all of the delegates in MS we have to achieve 51% 68,850 votes.

To be competitive we will need at least 28% 37,800 votes

At present we have roughly 300 grassroots activists in the state.

That means each activist must influence at least 126 people to vote for Ron Paul to even be competitive in Mississippi.

To win outright we each must influence at least 230 people.

We can do this!
Canvass Now!

deronde
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
we also have open primaries, so we can snag dems who don't vote in primaries as well.

Agora
03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
any news???? TODAY IS PRIMARY

i got this post from DP

"On March 11th, 2008 MadMax76 says:

(to the tune of nah, nah, nah boo boo) I just voted voted for Ron Paul... I just voted for Ron Paul.

Since Huck dropped out I also convinced my mother and sister to vote for Dr. Paul, too. Win or lose, it felt really good to vote today. I truly felt like my vote was making a statement.

Max"

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
bump for news from Mississippi

Bradley in DC
03-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Could someone there please let us know what did the official campaign do in MS? Radio or TV ads? Mailings? Robo-calls?

Please let us know they at least sent an email out to supporters.

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Surely there are official results from Mississippi SOMEWHERE

sidster
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
99% reporting
McCain: 79% 111,919
Huckabee: 12% 17,669
Paul: 4% 5,486

------------------- WOW! What a disaster! :(

-------------------
10% reporting
McCain: 81% 9,073
Huckabee: 12% 1,319
Paul: 3% 385
-------------------
8% reporting
McCain: 81% 8,256
Huckabee: 12% 1,187
Paul: 3% 352
-------------------
6% reporting
McCain: 81% 5,110
Huckabee: 12% 727
Paul: 3% 210
-------------------
3% reporting
McCain: 80% 3,587
Huckabee: 12% 540
Paul: 4% 169
-------------------
2% reporting
McCain: 81% 1,366
Huckabee: 12% 205
Paul: 3% 48

PennCustom4RP
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
On CNN right now, with 3% reporting...

McCain 80%
Huckabee 12%
Paul 4%

WTF, Huckabee dropped out ...are that many Mississipians unaware of that...or is it a protest vote against McCain, and Ron Paul?

On a side note, CNN has projected Obama the winner, and are interviewing him, but with 4% reporting it says:

Obama 45% (checked as winner)
Clinton 52%

hahaha

sidster
03-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm assuming Huckabee is getting votes from absentee ballots.
So we should at least see Paul finish second right? Or is my assumption
about Huckabee's votes incorrect?

UnReconstructed
03-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Could someone there please let us know what did the official campaign do in MS? Radio or TV ads? Mailings? Robo-calls?

Please let us know they at least sent an email out to supporters.

I got a phone call early early on (back in December) and I got an email last week. No radio (only Clinton and Obama just did last week), no TV ads (Obama ran a few last week).

Clinton and Obama both came down here and McCain's Straight Talk Express road through the State in January.

When Ron went through La, I took my family to see him in Baton Rouge.

UnReconstructed
03-11-2008, 07:21 PM
By the way, ALL of the Candidates were on the screen for MS. Rudy, Fred, Mike etc. There were only about 25 people in my very rural county that came out to vote in our area at 1700 CST.

Bradley in DC
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I got a phone call early early on (back in December) and I got an email last week.

So that's the sum total of the results of all of our contributions? Can't we even get them to send out an email reminder the week of the actual election? :mad:

me3
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
So that's the sum total of the results of all of our contributions? Can't we even get them to send out an email reminder the week of the actual election? :mad:
You want them to work for their wages? HA!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

SpeciallyBlend mentioned asking for a donation refund. I've got mixed feelings on that, but if the money is just going to be sent to every member of the Lew Moore family and Kent Snyder, then maybe it's not such a bad idea. A lot of people went into debt trying to contribute to Ron Paul.

WilliamC
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
191 total Republicans voted in Senatobia District 2, where I campaigned and worked at the polls.

Over 280 Democrats voted.

However, lot's of Republicans voted in the Democratic Primary under the mistaken assumption that voting for Clinton will somehow make McCain more electable in November.

What can you say to that mentality? Not much :(

sidster
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
99% reporting
McCain: 79% 111,919
Huckabee: 12% 17,669
Paul: 4% 5,486
Source (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#MS)

I'm assuming Huckabee is getting votes from absentee ballots.
So we should at least see Paul finish second right? Or is my assumption
about Huckabee's votes incorrect?

Bump...

So anyone know where these Huckabee votes came from? I'm
really curious to find out if people were actively voting for Huckabee
even after he has dropped out or are those votes from absentee ballots?

I honestly did not see Paul finishing 3rd in a 2 man race. I mean really...
what's going on here?

jjank11
03-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Ahh, this makes me mad.

The whole idea is to give people a choice but when a candidate drops out, that choice should then be null and void unless the people write that candidate in. This should be simple campaign rules. If a candidate drops out then he should be pulled from the remaining states left, given an amount of time before, and be given his money or whatever it took to get him on the ballot back (i think that would only make it fair).

For example, if your basketball team had to forfeit a game, and the other team found someone else to play in your place and then that other team wins. Would that then count as a win for you even though your forfeited. NO NO NO!!

If we are going to keep candidates on the ballot then they should have to then stay in the race until the convention night and be accountable to the delegates and voters that supported them. Plain and simple.

Hopefully we can get stuff like this changed for the future.

skeet
03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
The fouth district in MS averaged about 8% while the rest of the State went 3% or lower.
We recieved no budget for ads of any kind, no visit by Dr. Paul, The only support we got was in the form of leftover Campaign materials from other States - Which did help our troops a great deal and we were happy to get them. It was a total grassroots effort. While the overall numbers do not tell the tale - those Counties in South Mississippi did as well or better than any Counties in the SE thus far. I am very proud of their efforts.

We could have drawn 12-15% or better in this district if ABC had not run that damn story about Paul dropping out. the last few days have been met with - "Oh I thought he dropped out" It was very frustrating to say the least.

It is a new ballgame now - Do not expect anything from the National Campaign. Your State people have no budget. It is like it was last May - total grassroots. Except now most of your average voters think Ron has dropped out. The good news is - other States may have time to re-connect with their non-activist base. We had three days (thanks to ABC news and others)

FYI the campaign staff here are NOT paid. Our State Coordinator sent out an email reminder barrage on Tuesday and a troop motivation email last week. In my District (4) I sent emails regularly with several this week. We did our jobs the best we could with nothing to work with except highly motivated activists (which were awesome in my District).
1. McCain already sealed the nomination in the sheeples eyes.
2. Our State GOP had already been promoting McCain as the winner and asked the GOP party-line folks to rally behind him.
3. The media led most people to believe that Ron had dropped out (only a few short days before the primary)

If we held our primary in January we would have probably won some Counties and even taken second in this State, but considering all that has transpired over the last month we were lucky to get what we did.

I hope other remaining States can learn from this.

We still must carry the torch of Freedom, they will have to kill us to take it.

See you all in June.

(And some of you I will see at the County caucuses and State convention)

WilliamC
03-12-2008, 05:21 AM
According to CNN in Tate County Ron Paul got 4%, the same as throughout the rest of the State. Even Huckabee got 4 times as many votes with 16%. That really doesn't make sense since at my precinct there were only 11 absentee ballots out of 191 Republicans voting.

Absolutely no effect from my campaigning.

I'll try to find a breakdown of precinct results or call the county clerks office today to get the results from the Senatobia precincts.

If the precinct I canvassed in isn't any higher then I had no success with what I did.

Too many people let the MSM decide who they should vote for I guess.

At least all the naive folks thinking that by crossing over to vote for Clinton they would somehow help McCain win got naught for their foolish efforts, Obama won Mississippi handily.

LittleLightShining
03-12-2008, 06:18 AM
This is so sad. It is exactly, EXACTLY what happened here in VT. It is depressing. Something tells me that the advertising market is probably pretty inexpensive in Mississippi just as it is here. But no, the campaign "knows that Ron Paul hasn't done well in primary states so spending money in those places would be a waste." How about, maybe running a full page ad in the papers that say, "Ron Paul is still running, here is what you should know about him," just as an experiment-- just to see what would happen. My guess is that it would cost no more than $50k to do something like that. (I know in VT it wouldn't cost that much, but even if it did, is that really so much to spend? We're talking about a fundraising record-setting presidential primary run after all). Instead, whoever is strategizing honestly thinks we're going to achieve some sort of coup at the convention? I wholeheartedly believe we've got to take control of the government from the local positions on up if we want to preserve our liberty, but for crying out loud, HQ, throw the grassroots a crumb once in a while. Maybe even a slice, we could fold it in half and make ourselves think we actually have a sandwich here.

I still intend to write in RP in November, but I'm finally thoroughly and completely disgusted with the mismanagement of the campaign. It really does put doubt in my mind as to what a Ron Paul presidency would actually look like. I, and I know I'm not the only one, could use a little encouragement here. Every day I talk to as many people as I can about the economy, our foreign policy, executive branch abuses, judicial branch irresponsibility, legislative branch impotence... But for what? Is it time to move beyond Ron Paul? Forgive me for hijacking, but I'm so frustrated because the campaign doesn't seem to get that doing the same thing over and over (which is NOTHING) will yield the same results-- single digit percentages-- and they seem to be satisfied with that. Why on earth is this? Has he been threatened? Or does he feel obligated to keep going when he wishes he could just quit and go back to his offices in DC and TX and be a hardworking, honest congressman, not a messiah-figure for the fed-up and disenfranchised.

Wiser minds than mine, please...

Truth Warrior
03-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Results in the Republican primary:

McCain 79%
Huckabee 13%
Paul 4%
Romney 2%
Thompson 1%
Giuliani 1%

:confused:

Well, at least Ron didn't come in last. :)

WilliamC
03-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Just talked to the circuit clerks office for Tate County.

Precinct results will be available this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

I'll call in for them and post them here. I'd really like to see if anything I did in my precinct had any effect whatsoever.

Tarzan
03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Just talked to the circuit clerks office for Tate County.

Precinct results will be available this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

I'll call in for them and post them here. I'd really like to see if anything I did in my precinct had any effect whatsoever.

Take a look here... scroll down to the map and mouse over the county in question.
I think this was originally posted by RP4ever

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#MS

rp08orbust
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
In case any lurkers are still subbed to this thread...

http://battleofneworleans2010.com/