PDA

View Full Version : Youtube project. Doesnt cost a penny and takes little of your time.

gandhi08
12-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I have this idea. This doesn't cost anyone a dime and it takes a little of your time.

Lets everyday, choose one ron paul video and try to place it on the front page of youtube page. I rarely see Dr paul's video on the front of the page. I always have to look into the new and politics section. Lets everyone watch the same video 5-10 times (just refresh it) and put it on the front of the page. (get more than 100 k views each day) I still believe maybe more than 50% of people who use youtube don't really know about Dr. Paul. So in this way with the December 16th right around the corner we can keep dr paul on the front each and every day.

We can recycle the video's new hope, house of cards.... our power our responsibility and other great videos of Dr. Paul.

What do you guys think?

Every day post a link for the video on this thread and we'll all help make it on the front page of youtube.

Give me your opinions.

gandhi08
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
bump.

LibertyForAll
12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
DO IT. Post a "spotlight of the day" youtube video, first thing every day, circulate it everywhere possible, and get it onto youtube front page with massive hits.

RlxdN10sity
12-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm down, post a link or search and title description for the day and I'll watch it, over and over and over, like I do all RP's vids.

erin moore
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
sure. lets do it.

erin moore
12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
this is one of my absolute favorites ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmH_QUpAMa0

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
this is one of my absolute favorites ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmH_QUpAMa0

Let's DO IT... I'M IN! Let's find some suggested videos then decide on a few to push to the top. Keep in mind that the "feel good" videos are great for some but I think we need to select issue videos which will instantly capture the attention of most YouTube viewers.

We need to win their minds QUICKLY. They should be short and we need issues that will make YouTube viewers stop and go... HEY, I AGREE WITH THIS GUY! We don't want to be "preaching to the choir" we want to win new converts.

Let's ALL go choose our favorites that will work to achieve the goal... win converts for Ron Paul. Then post them here no later than Saturday... say, noon eastern time. Then create a thread with a poll and pick the top four and hammer them like crazy.

Here is one nomination: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Number Two: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoE5ExuOw4o

Number Three: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TgD-VnA4Aec

theantirobot
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok done.
I've got it.
It doesn't cost a penny, but the service is worth a penny. It's like were giving free pennies.

http://www.Pennycrowd.com

I'll set it up so that people can submit videos. We'll vote on which video we promote.

Any feature requests? Any drupal developers willing to lend a hand?

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I encourage the original poster will post this on the TeaParty07 subthread and elsewhere.

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Ok done.
I've got it.
It doesn't cost a penny, but the service is worth a penny. It's like were giving free pennies.

http://www.Pennycrowd.com

I'll set it up so that people can submit videos. We'll vote on which video we promote.

Any feature requests? Any drupal developers willing to lend a hand?

No offense... I am tired of creating accounts all over the place. Can this be done without an account? If not, I would like another option.

Delain
12-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm in. Its a good idea.

Ok done.

I wouldn’t do the vote thing.

Just let the organizer or organizers use their judgment. It's not a contest what the best video is, its only a little coordination.

A "featured video" every day, maybe a little description or something, and that'll do fine. :)

theantirobot
12-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I am sure it can be made that way.
I want this to happen, and I am willing compromise with you all in order to develop a system we will all use.

Delain
12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
No offense... I am tired of creating accounts all over the place. Can this be done without an account? If not, I would like another option.

Agree.

theantirobot
12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I thought we were the organizers? What I'm saying is you don't have to vote to promote.

Delain
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
I thought we were the organizers? What I'm saying is you don't have to vote to promote.
Whoever does it, takes the initiative is the organizer. I mean let everyone submit, but let one or two people be in charge of putting one up every day.

Keep it simple is my philosophy. Every day a whole process of what video is next isnt necessary. Like we don’t have enough polls already. :)

If you and others want a poll, thats fine. I only need to know what clip to promote that day.

ignoranceisntbliss
12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Cool, but wrong forum.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm down. ...Of course, I'm cruizin' YouTube for new videos rating/commenting/viewing all the time...so nothing new...

.....it would be nice to have a focus point for everyone to pounce on though....this is a good idea...:)

...this will get more traction if it is moved from the blimp forum to the grassroots forum. :)

erin moore
12-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Keep in mind that the "feel good" videos are great for some but I think we need to select issue videos which will instantly capture the attention of most YouTube viewers.

We need to win their minds QUICKLY. They should be short and we need issues that will make YouTube viewers stop and go... HEY, I AGREE WITH THIS GUY! We don't want to be "preaching to the choir" we want to win new converts.

Here is one nomination: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

this is my pick. ron sells ron best. starts off great. yeah its a little long, but once you hear him you don't want to click away. even if you dont have time to listen to the whole video, it plants a seed that grows... cant unring a bell and all that.

all in?? lets promote it.

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I like where your going with that. I'll keep it simple so we can get it started right away.

On the Front page it will be very simple, just one video and information about what we do to promote. I can have that done tomorrow. As we build momentum I want to add more features to make it more interactive. The way I see it this could turn into something big.

http://www.pennycrowd.com/

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
By the way....refreshing a youtube page does not give it more views if you are signed in or otherwise.

....I beleive only unique views are counted.

Am I wrong? Didn't they make it this way because of the rampant view counts a few years ago?

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 12:24 AM
there are other places to promote a video

If we coordinated our efforts we could game digg or reddit very easily. There are other social news sites too. If we had 50 people vote for something in an hour, that would be very significant.

erin moore
12-14-2007, 12:25 AM
I think youre right about that. I've never noticed a view count raising no matter how many times I watch a video.

This idea will still work though as long as we get everyone behind it.

Tarzan
12-14-2007, 12:26 AM
By the way....refreshing a youtube page does not give it more views if you are signed in or otherwise.

....I beleive only unique views are counted.

Am I wrong? Didn't they make it this way because of the rampant view counts a few years ago?

So what's the trick... how do we raise the count?

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
So which video should we promote first?

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM

I have no idea.:o

I have always heard that those who get 15,000 views within 24 hours use bots....but I do not know anything about that kind of thing.

We would have to do it the old fashion way I guess.

I hope someone that has more PC know how comes along here and helps us out with this...:)

I would hate for us Ron Paul bots to actually use bots though....lol..

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
We raise the count by getting others to watch it. We do that by coordinating which video we promote at what time.

For instance, Tomorow between 6:00 and 6:30 pm central time 100 people are going to digg this video.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:43 AM
You know...a simple web site that showcased an article or video for people to make a one time stop per day to view/digg/reddit/whatever...would be very good.

You could call it..."RonPaulsDailyDigg" or "RonPaulsDailyStop" or "RonPaulsDailyFix" or "RonPaulsDailyViewing"

....well you get the idea.

People would stop by once a day and click/view/digg.

Each day there would be something new....

We would spread the website like fire via meetups/youtube/e-mails/etc.....and everyone would make a point ot stop by once a day.

This could be huge!!!

Now all we need is some one who can create a simple web site.........

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes! This whole thing is huge! I say it's even bigger then Ron Paul. This is about creating a new world, and Ron Paul is the first step.

Pennycrowd is part of that new world, and it is going to help Ron Paul get elected.

I'll make a new video promo for it, detailing our plan for now. I'll put it up here and see what you all think. If it's a go we'll make the first video we promote one about the site.

Does anyone have any questions?

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Does anyone have any questions?

Nope...go create that snow ball...let's see it get big!:D

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 12:56 AM
I just went to pennycrowd....i did not know that you had already got that far...lol.

Good deal....no just show case a new video or what ever each day and we all will spread the site....although...a new name for the site that involved Ron Paul would catch more people...just a suggestion though.

.....later

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 02:43 AM
I just went to pennycrowd....i did not know that you had already got that far...lol.

Good deal....no just show case a new video or what ever each day and we all will spread the site....although...a new name for the site that involved Ron Paul would catch more people...just a suggestion though.

.....later

Please read my website and watch my youtube videos to understand why it is called pennycrowd.

theantirobot
12-14-2007, 06:58 PM
The first video we're going to promote is up. It's cnn covering Ron Paul Blimp's first flight. They also mention TeaParty07.

www.pennycrowd.com

Troyhand
12-14-2007, 07:15 PM
There are many others smarter about computers than me, but how about we have a "BUMP THIS" box on the top of the forum which links to a daily video(s) that we all can bump to Youtube and/or Google to raise their ratings quickly.
We have a poll each day to decide which video(s) to select to bump. The choices of videos to poll can be picked either cyclically or dependant on what the important issues are of the day. Then the selcted video(s) can go into the "BUMP THIS" box for everyone to see.
I'm also guessing that the "BUMP THIS" box can be scripted, like the Ron Paul Donation Meter, to be placed on all the other Ron Paul-friendly sites, so the daily "bumpers" can be seen by even more people.
Whatcha think? Is there a good idea in here somewhere?

Edit: we could also do this with DIGG articles, I think.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I favored it, and voted it 5*.

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
There are many others smarter about computers than me, but how about we have a "BUMP THIS" box on the top of the forum which links to a daily video(s) that we all can bump to Youtube and/or Google to raise their ratings quickly.
We have a poll each day to decide which video(s) to select to bump. The choices of videos to poll can be picked either cyclically or dependant on what the important issues are of the day. Then the selcted video(s) can go into the "BUMP THIS" box for everyone to see.
I'm also guessing that the "BUMP THIS" box can be scripted, like the Ron Paul Donation Meter, to be placed on all the other Ron Paul-friendly sites, so the daily "bumpers" can be seen by even more people.
Whatcha think? Is there a good idea in here somewhere?

Edit: we could also do this with DIGG articles, I think.

That sounds like a great simple solution. It seems like they could add that functionality here very easily, but I don't know