PDA

View Full Version : Huckaimplosion!

jclay2
12-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Ok, huckabee has risen to the top very fast. Right now all of the conservative talk shows/strategist what not seem to not favor huckabee as they think he would be an easy kill in a general election. Supposedly, democrats are sitting quite for huckabee as they think he would be nice to run against. Therefore, Huckabee wil implode and I think the so called "conservatives" will find their true candidate in RP raising ron paul to the top. Does anyone else think so?

Midnight77
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Huckabee would be very easy to beat in the General Election. I don't know who it would be if it was between him and Hillary. But I don't think Hillary is going to make it to the General Election, so yeah ... Huckabee would be defeated if running against Obama or Edwards. People are tired of this "preaching to the choir" form of politics.

micahnelson
12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forums.

No.

Let me elaborate. I don't think they are going to find Ron Paul, at this point we are going to have to lead them to the water and make them drink. They are unhappy with the current field, but have been indoctrinated to think that Ron Paul is insane, and his supporters smell bad. It is vital that we see people face to face, put lit in their hands, and get them to the polls for Dr. Paul.

We can't really rely on the media to carry our water, but I will agree that the water may become more favorable with the tea party.

Minuteman
12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
At this point, It doesnt matter if we can commit 50% of the US population to vote for Ron Paul. If we dont have the delegates to vote we are SoL.

austin356
12-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Huckabee would be very easy to beat in the General Election. I don't know who it would be if it was between him and Hillary. But I don't think Hillary is going to make it to the General Election, so yeah ... Huckabee would be defeated if running against Obama or Edwards. People are tired of this "preaching to the choir" form of politics.

your crazy!

Its going to be Hillary, its a 75%+ chance it will be Hillary. Even if Obama wins Iowa.

And Hillary vs. Huckabee is a clear victory for Hillary. She has not only all of the Democratic Party behind her (a much stronger party than the Republicans right now), but she has the entire world's power establishment behind her. And Huckabee has soo much dirt that he would not even stand a chance. Not a chance in the general.

AisA1787
12-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Did you notice how the Democrats haven't come out swinging about his AIDS quarantine statements yet? And all of his other [fill in the blank] off the wall statements? They are waiting to cream him if he gets the nod.

voytechs
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Ok, huckabee has risen to the top very fast. Right now all of the conservative talk shows/strategist what not seem to not favor huckabee as they think he would be an easy kill in a general election. Supposedly, democrats are sitting quite for huckabee as they think he would be nice to run against. Therefore, Huckabee wil implode and I think the so called "conservatives" will find their true candidate in RP raising ron paul to the top. Does anyone else think so?

I think a perfect storm is brewing. I really do!!

voytechs
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Did you notice how the Democrats haven't come out swinging about his AIDS quarantine statements yet? And all of his other [fill in the blank] off the wall statements? They are waiting to cream him if he gets the nod.

2 words: "Glass Jaw"!

Luther
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
The pro-war anti-liberty establishment wants Huckabee as the Republican nominee because he has zero chance to win a general election against the weak candidacy of the anointed Hillary Clinton.

Ann Kobialka
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
I have a completely different take on why the Huckster has risen like a meteor. Just a theory but what do you think.
The way things were lining up Romney was going to win Iowa, he was leading in New Hampshire and in the pack in South Carolina.
Now Romney has already committed what monies he was going to spend for advertisements.
Guilly really was the only other candidte with a large stash but he was holding back. fred was spending a little in all three states but the media companies were waiting for him to catch on and start raising the bucks, didn't happen, wasn't going to happen. Mccain was a flop and was spending what he had in New Hamshire. He was a dud
From a business point of view ,thier customers were going flat so something had to be done to loosen up Romney's spending, Guillies spending and maybe get the new guy Dr. Paul interested with his new found wealth.
Now that huck is in first, Romney is stepping up his spending beyond his old budget. Thompson moved his spending into the frey.
Guillie Annie has started spending where he wasn't going to before.
We have showed up with some bank so they gladly take that to.
But if huck was still in 4th or 5th none of this spending would be going on.
So I thinks its clever merchants getting some money out of its customers. Bob