PDA

View Full Version : Dr Paul & Romney teaming up?

daviddee
12-13-2007, 10:18 PM

noztnac
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
The idea is to keep any one of them from breaking out of the pack. If Romney gets in front the tactics will change. They need to split the pro war vote as evenly as possible.

silverhandorder
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I hope this is whats happening.

0zzy
12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Thompson also attacked Huckabee, and Rudy said the same thing about Romney's mormonism. Doesn't mean they're buddy buddy with Romney.

daviddee
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM

rollingpig
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
everybody will get blimped soon

Taco John
12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
-edited-

I missed it... my bad...

silverhandorder
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
btw can some one find me a link about RP press release about Mormonism?

fortilite
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
They don't need to team up to know to attack the front runner. That's 3+ candidate elections 101.

TheNewYorker
12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
RP/Romney 2008

james1906
12-13-2007, 10:31 PM
The Huckster has been promoted as the 'outsider' in this campaign. That takes away votes from RP.

hueylong
12-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Let the campaign do their job, and we'll do ours.

Huey

Shellshock1918
12-13-2007, 10:33 PM
The idea is to keep any one of them from breaking out of the pack. If Romney gets in front the tactics will change. They need to split the pro war vote as evenly as possible.

+1

Revolution9
12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Ive said in the beginning I dont mind Romney at all or Fred Thompson, those I could tolerate as vp.

I think Thompson likes RP.. I also think he does not want to be President. I can't see Romney and RP as a ticket. Thompson could be VP and go around telling folksy stories and lay a few chuckles down. He has a decent sense of humor. It seems he would drop the war thing too. He doesn't seem to blither endlessly about the Islamic "threat".

Best Regards
Randy

daviddee
12-13-2007, 10:44 PM

Original_Intent
12-13-2007, 10:55 PM
RP/Romney 2008

Y'know, I could never support a Romney/Paul ticket, but I could accept a Paul/Romney ticket.

me3
12-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Paul is shooting for 2nd place in Iowa or perhaps first place, by making it a 1 on 1 battle of organizations, between Romney and himself.

Magsec
12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
What needs to happen is have the rest of the candidates equalize. McCain and Thompson aren't doing so hot in the polls, pep them up so Hucks/Romney/Mr. Giuliani lose votes to them.

tnvoter
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM

Hahaha

itsnobody
12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
I didn't notice #3

hellah10
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM

exactly... dead on

sharedvoice
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
You are reading too much into this. There is no Texas Massachusetts connection.

Stealth4
12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
RP/Romney 2008

I could vote for that. I dont hate Romney like I do Huckabee and Giuliani, but I do wish Romney would read our bill of rights and the constitution. Romney has potential where the rest are lost causes. I could see Romney as a VP for 4 years.

musicmax
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM
This all assumes we are to trust the polls that show Huckabee at 35%.

If this number is correct... He needs to be knocked down 15%.

Ain'tcha carryin' the Jesus-For-Huck thing a bit to far by capitalizing "He" when referring to Huckabee? :eek::eek::eek:

Marceline88
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Uhhmmm, hell to the no on a Paul/Romney ticket. Am I the only one who heard that Ken doll say "let's stop thinking about all of our problems and start thinking about the future" in one of the early debates.

He's handsome in a suit and thats about it folks. You make him VP with Paul and our good Dr. will end up with the JFK treatment and we will have Mr. Sideburns as prez. No f'in' thank you.

I am a lady and all but, Romney makes me want to punch him in the forehead. No more silverspoon brats in the Whitehouse. Ron Paul and someone with a brain and a real pair please.

musicmax
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Fred is in this for a VP offer (from whoever)... and he would be a great VP. Send him to dinners, funerals, meet and greets, etc etc.

The problem is you need to pick a VP that you could die knowing he would become president. This is where it gets sticky...

Especially since Fred already looks deader than Keith Richards.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
It is VERY important that the votes are evenly spread. It's an obvious strategy. Dr Paul has been in this game for a LONG time. He KNOWS what he's doing.

JPFromTally
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Et tu, Brutus?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/076iaEYcGTeUo/610x.jpg

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I saw a picture somewhere with Ron Paul and Romney all buddy buddy shaking hands.

it didn't make sense?

Paulitician
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I doubt it means anything.

steph3n
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Just working to split the vote guys :D

however of all them as VP I think Fred would be msot similar, small gov guy and although he has proposed some massive DoD budget increases that wouldn't set well with the country and would never pass. I do really think Fred is more for small gov than any one up there except Paul, but he doesn't realize how much the war is bogging us down.

austin356
12-14-2007, 01:43 AM
We need a Thompson and McCain resurgence relative to the rest of the pack.

We also need Romney to place good in one of the first two primaries; Huckabee to place 1st or 2nd in Iowa. We need Thompson to place 1st or 2nd in SC. We need McCain to place well in one of the first 4 primaries. We need Rudy to place 2nd in Florida.

NOTE: (when I say "such and such needs to place first or second; 1st does not mean at the expense of Paul)

The whole objective of the above "needs" is to keep any candidate of the ugly 5 from jumping out. We need to keep everyone as viable as possible through Feb. 5th.

In my opinion if it gets down to Romney, Giuliani, and Paul on Feb. 5th, we lose. If it is still Romney, Giuliani, Paul, Huckabee, McCain, and Thompson on Feb 5th. we win.

Overall if we keep Romney and Huckabee under wraps, and lift up McCain and Thompson we are sitting pretty.

Goldwater Conservative
12-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Romney wants to face Paul, since he thinks the establishment will rally around him. Paul wants to face Romney, since there's no question who the heir is to the Reagan legacy (Paul endorsed Reagan before most and worked with him, Romney claims to have been an independent during Reagan/Bush and doesn't want to go back to that).

austin356
12-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Uhhmmm, hell to the no on a Paul/Romney ticket. Am I the only one who heard that Ken doll say "let's stop thinking about all of our problems and start thinking about the future" in one of the early debates.

He's handsome in a suit and thats about it folks. You make him VP with Paul and our good Dr. will end up with the JFK treatment and we will have Mr. Sideburns as prez. No f'in' thank you.

I am a lady and all but, Romney makes me want to punch him in the forehead. No more silverspoon brats in the Whitehouse. Ron Paul and someone with a brain and a real pair please.

While I wholeheartedly agree I will accept such if it is necessary to win the nomination come convention time.

RonPaulFever
12-14-2007, 01:46 AM

LOL

Thread over!

conner_condor
12-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Okay, before you instantly call me an ass... Ponder this small list:

1. Dr Paul is going after Huckabee. Who does this really, really help? Knocking Huck down pushes us all up... but it pushes Romney back to #1

2. Dr Paul's press release about Romney's mormonism

3. Did you note that Tancredo, Dr Paul, and Romney were standing in their own little group after the PBS debate?

Although this list is small it does make wonder if the campaigns are teaming up to destroy the competition...

I have this Massachusetts & Texas thing going through my head...

Mitt over there kissing RPs ass for a job when he becomes President.:D:D
He knows RP has an army of people behind him and wants to join the RP club now. But I think he allready offered the job to Tancredo though I do believe.

daviddee
12-14-2007, 01:57 AM

jonahtrainer
12-14-2007, 03:05 AM

I could actually, in good conscience, support a Romney/Paul ticket. Why?

I think the Ghoul and Huckabee are evil. However, I am unsure of whether Romney is evil and if I had to bet I would say he isn't. He is just a flip-flopper but I'd say probably has a 'good' heart; just my gut sense despite his actual words which are damning. For example, if Romney were told by the evil conspiracy to nuke American cities I think he would say No even if it meant being assassinated (which is their last resort as The People don't like their Presidents assassinated). I don't think the Ghoul or Huckster would raise any resistance if Cheney said he was going to nuke LA.

I don't think the conspiracy could continue if it assassinated two presidents (Romney and Ron Paul). However, if Ron Paul was president they would take him out easy. Romney would be much easier to manipulate after Paul is taken out of the picture. But as VP RP could exert much constitutional logic and understanding to Romney which I think he would accept (remember, he is a flip-flopper).

The Fed's days are numbered anyway as the central banks only have about 7,000 tons of physical gold (they deceptively carry gold in the vault and gold out on loan as the same line item) and are bleeding at the rate of 1,500/year. Watch GoldRush21 (http://www.goldrush21.com) by GATA. We are in for some interesting times!

DRV45N05
12-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Romney isn't ideal, and as of right now I certainly would not vote for him, but he's probably 2nd best of the non-RP Republicans, in my book. (Fred would top that list.)

I will not vote for McCain, Giuliani, Huckabee, Tancredo, or Hunter under any circumstances. All view the Iraq War as some monumental achievement for humanity and foreign policy, and all will be incredibly anti-Civil Liberties. Tancredo and Hunter make some really good points every once in a while, though, but they also make horrible points at times, too. (Tancredo wanting to bomb Mecca and Medina; Hunter saying that DADT is the reason why the US Military is the best in the world, etc.)

MGreen
12-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Romney's a politician, and he'll pander to the popular opinion to gain support. That's why he's in cahoots with Paul. ;)

I doubt that they're sharing or coordinating campaign strategies or anything like that, but in Iowa they have the same goal: hamper Huckabee's recent rise in the polls. Their tactics are bound to cross paths, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Antonius Stone
12-14-2007, 06:00 AM
this talk of RP/Romney or RP/Thompson is CRAP, IMO. none of the other GOP candidates are worthy of or deserving of a place on an RP ticket- they're all a bunch of pathetic big spending, NEOCON corporate warmongering liars.

the best person to put on Ron Paul's ticket would be either someone thats not in the picture right now (i've heard talk of Walter Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_E._Williams)) or if we have to go with someone that's already in the spotlight, it would have to be someone that speaks truth to power and courageously takes on the establishment. That would be Dennis Kucinich.

Eric21ND
12-14-2007, 06:09 AM

I'm with on this. I really dislike Romney. We need an attack dog as our VP and in that regard I nominate Lou Dobbs or Jesse Ventura.

freeguy
12-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey did you all see the new CNN poll in SC? Ron Paul's at 11% which is virtually a tie with McCain, Romney, Giuliani and Thompson. Hucks still at 23-24%, but hopefully that will change.

constituent
12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
I have this Massachusetts & Texas thing going through my head...

call me a texan, but i wouldn't vote for any ticket w/ a fella from massachusetts on it (that fella anyway :) ;) ).

romney as vp would be a setup.

Luther
12-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Romney is a very ambitious man. He desperately wants to be president. He is clearly a man of exceptional intelligence, but he lacks principled wisdom. I think that may be due to his overwhelming desire to be president; he is willing to say whatever he thinks is necessary to be elected. I struggle to believe that he man with his education and experience actually believes that torture, Guantanamo bay, and perpetual war in the Middle East, are good for America. So I think that if Ron Paul started winning primaries, Romney would temper his views and lobby for the VP nomination. The question then is would Romney enhance the electoral appeal of Ron Paul? He is articulate, intelligent, and photogenic, but I do not think he would have too much appeal for independents and Democrats. But Ron Paul is already the unifying candidate with crossover appeal to all segments of the political spectrum. What Romney as VP candidate might do is shore up the support of Bush-loyalists in the business and social conservative demographics. I think the probability of this scenario unfolding is less than 2 percent.

Badger Paul
12-14-2007, 10:21 AM
There are no teams....

StrikerV
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah thompson... one bullet is all that is needed on ron paul if he was a VP to get the neo-con machine back on track.

PFFF

Luther
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
yeah thompson... one bullet is all that is needed on ron paul if he was a VP to get the neo-con machine back on track.

PFFF

True, possibly.

belian78
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
as much as I support the Dr, I would not vote for him if he chose ANY of the current candidates as VP. I wouldnt be able to do it in good concience, after everything we've all been through, for Dr Paul to do something like that would be a slap in our faces. :confused:

Delivered4000
12-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Ugh. Say no to Romney, he's a flip flopper, warmonger, fearmonger and panderer. And he's an asshole too. We don't want him.

RPinSEAZ
12-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Romney is the person we should fear. He has the money and the organization. He's saying all the right things. Huckabee has no chance so stop worrying about him. He'll fall when people realize he's a right wing progressive.

Delivered4000
as much as I support the Dr, I would not vote for him if he chose ANY of the current candidates as VP. I wouldnt be able to do it in good concience, after everything we've all been through, for Dr Paul to do something like that would be a slap in our faces. :confused:
Yes. And I don't understand how a bunch of people in this thread are wanting Romney aswell

ClayTrainor
I cant wait for this thread to die.

Everytime i read the title when im just browsing... i get a nasty chill down my spine.

chandlerLBT
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
As soon as Paul wins the primaries, Romney will be the only one to have a "change of heart" about the war. ;]

Luther
12-14-2007, 10:51 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Remember, Adams had Jefferson as his VP. I can imagine a situation where at the convention Ron Paul was leading in delegates, but short of a majority, and was required to compromise by selecting an establishment-approved VP in order to be given the nomination. The kind of vice-presidency of Dick Cheney is not constitutional; if Ron Paul had serious ideological disagreements with his VP, it would be the president's agenda that would be implemented, and the VP would be relegated to the more traditional figurehead role.

i2ambler
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Et tu, Brutus?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/076iaEYcGTeUo/610x.jpg

My god, what is that creature between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. It looks like its getting ready to chomp down on someone's arm!