PDA

View Full Version : Trump's irritation with top aides grows over Iran strategy

ATruepatriot
05-16-2019, 05:08 PM
President Donald Trump has become irritated at an emerging impression his hawkish national security advisers are marching him closer to war with Iran despite his isolationist tendencies, according to people familiar with the matter.

Instead, Trump is signaling his intent to speak with the Iranians as tensions rise in the Persian Gulf, and his national security team has taken steps they hope could facilitate a new diplomatic opening.

The likelihood of such an opening appears slim. But Trump has raised concern with the heightened rhetoric, believing a large-scale military intervention with Iran would be devastating to him politically, people familiar with the situation said. The President has told members of his team that starting a new conflict would amount to breaking his campaign promise to wind down foreign entanglements. And he's chafed at suggestions his aides, led by national security adviser John Bolton, are somehow leading him to war.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/16/politics/donald-trump-iran-john-bolton-mike-pompeo/index.html

ATruepatriot
05-16-2019, 06:08 PM
First time I have ever done this on purpose just cause... But I am going to bump this my own damned self because it proves a point in perspective. lol

oyarde
05-16-2019, 06:23 PM
They should call me , I can put together an Iran plan on one page on Sunday afternoon and include all of the middle east .

TheCount
05-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Sounds legit.