PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Tea Party Press Conference!

Dave
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
On the morning of December 17th (the morning after the Tea Party) Ron Paul will conduct a live press conference in Des Moines, Iowa.

Do you think he'll have anything big to talk about?;)

Tons of national and international media are swarming in Des Moines. (I was interviewed by a Japanese reporter yesterday at the debate). If the Tea Party ends up being a big success I know they will all be scrambling to cover the story and the press conference could be HUGE!

bobmurph
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Don't let him down. Double your donation. Make this bigger than we imagine.

Arklatex
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I can not wait!!

monday wake n bake :)

Arklatex
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I can not wait!!

szczebrzeszyn
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Maybe that would be finally the FIRST RP story in my country (but I doubt it - they prefer news about Huck & Chuck etc.)

Micahyah
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
this is great

0zzy
12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Where did you get this information?

curtisag
12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Ron is really putting the pressure on us. We CANNOT let him down now. Dig DEEP, charge up a credit card if you have to, it's a small price to pay.

RP4Pres2008
12-13-2007, 10:00 PM

AGREED!

Double all actions! Go! Go! Go! Go!

:D:D:D:D

rich34
12-13-2007, 10:03 PM
The campaign needs to send out an email this weekend urging people to donate on the 16th. They need to hit up EVERY single person that has donated thus far and humbly request that they donate whatever they can and stress that no amount is to small.

davidhperry
12-13-2007, 10:05 PM

I'm going to double my donation as well.

rollingpig
12-13-2007, 10:06 PM
100 million, we can do it!

bobmurph
12-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I can't wait 'til this press conference is airing live on Monday morning on CNN, MSNBC...Fox!?

Reporters: "How did you do it Dr. Paul? $20 Million in a single day!"

Paul: "I guess Freedom is popular."

Jmaths117
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
The campaign needs to send out an email this weekend urging people to donate on the 16th. They need to hit up EVERY single person that has donated thus far and humbly request that they donate whatever they can and stress that no amount is to small.

Call the campaign and suggest this

bobmurph
12-13-2007, 10:12 PM

I agree. There are thousands and thousands of "casual" Ron Paul supporters, or just average people interested in RP, but not yet sold on his message. Tons of people don't even know there is a mass donation planned on the 16th. A co-worker mentioned to me today that he's been getting lots of email from Ron Paul 2008. I asked him if he was donating and he didn't even know the teaparty was planned. He just signed up at the official site and reads the emails they send him...that's the end of his involvement. I guarantee there are tons of people like this, who like Paul's message but are not fanatical supporters and spending time on message boards dedicated soley to his candidacy.

An email from the official campaign could get the attention of the casual supporters in a way that we cannot.

0zzy
12-13-2007, 10:13 PM

They need to send it during the morning or afternoon, otherwise people forget. Plus, it's easier to email on the day of, so people can just go and donate.

boondoggle
12-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm SO excited for the Tea Party. Seriously. We should tell more, more, MORE . . . LEAVE RON PAUL ALOOOONE.

. . . I'm tired. Last post for the night concluding . . . Now.

InRonWeTrust
12-13-2007, 10:18 PM
I will do my part!!!!!!

angrydragon
12-13-2007, 10:20 PM
They'll remember the 16th!

Knightskye
12-13-2007, 10:28 PM

I think that might violate FEC rules. But we haven't paid too close attention to that, now, have we? ;)

I wouldn't ask the campaign to do that. The 16th is our day; the official campaign had nothing to do with it. Spread the message how we have been spreading it. Donate $25 to the Ron Paul Blimp so you can have TeaParty07.com on the blimp for 2.7 minutes.

JenHarris
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I think that might violate FEC rules. But we haven't paid too close attention to that, now, have we? ;)

I wouldn't ask the campaign to do that. The 16th is our day; the official campaign had nothing to do with it. Spread the message how we have been spreading it. Donate $25 to the Ron Paul Blimp so you can have TeaParty07.com on the blimp for 2.7 minutes.

Yeah but a "Wow! Thanks for all the cash so far!" email will alert the people who don't know that something is going on. That is what they did last time anyway :)

jake
12-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Imagine if everyone donated $250 or.. more :)

wow this is getting so exciting!

Myerz
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Just print some money on your fancy HP laserjet....the government seems to think it's ok to print money out of thin air.

just kidding...

Revolution9
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm going to double my donation as well.

Quadrupling mine.

Best
Randy

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
This is awesome news! We need to spread the word like crazy about the Tea Party and urge everyone to donate!

Also, we need to all do whatever it takes to increase the amount of our own donations!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Quadrupling mine.

Best
Randy

That is awesome!

dsentell
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh no!

Just last night I decided to double my donation (I cannot afford it, but . . .)

Does this mean I have to double it again??? :)

Cardinal Red
12-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I've been really frustrated by RP's lack of presence in Iowa-- he's literally spent less time there than any other major candidates in either party-- History shows that you need to do retail campaigning there to be successful. Hopefully his presenece in Iowa right after the biggest day of the campaign will show voters there how much he values their support.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh no!

Just last night I decided to double my donation (I cannot afford it, but . . .)

Does this mean I have to double it again??? :)

Thanks for deciding to double your donation!!!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't wait to watch this press conference!

speciallyblend
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
is it sunday yet?? hehe sigh

dsentell
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for deciding to double your donation!!!

It's a good investment!

Freedom: Priceless!:)

kushaze
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
is it sunday yet?? hehe sigh

The anticipation is killing me. Its going to be fun watching the money ticker all day.

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 12:40 AM

No...I think that is illegal!

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 12:41 AM

I don't know if that is a good idea

brumans
12-14-2007, 12:42 AM
It may be better to keep all of this 100% grass roots... it makes it oh-so-more meaningful

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah but a "Wow! Thanks for all the cash so far!" email will alert the people who don't know that something is going on. That is what they did last time anyway :)

Yea...that sounds good!

fletcher
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
The campaign WILL send out an email on the 16th, just like they did on the 5th. Why would that be illegal? It's not.

Where is this going to be in Des Moines, Dave? I want to be there.

TheIndependent
12-14-2007, 12:50 AM

I'll be doubling my donation (thanks to a Christmas bonus my wife got) to cover one pledger who bails, should there be any. We have to help fill the holes that might exist from back-outs. The upside is that we probably won't have many, and that doubled donation will just add to the overall total. ;)

austin356
12-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Where the hell do yall get "the campaign sending out an email asking for donations on the 16th" is ILLEGAL?

I am a stickler for FEC rules and regs and there is nothing illegal about the campaign saying

Independent supporters are planning another money bomb today hoping to raise many millions. Keep track of donations at our site, and please join in historic campaign freedom as supporters attempt to set the all time fundraising record for either party

Linking to non-affiliated sites such as the Teaparty website is completely different than the campaign sending out a typical fundraising email and telling the readers what supporters are doing.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll be doubling my donation (thanks to a Christmas bonus my wife got) to cover one pledger who bails, should there be any. We have to help fill the holes that might exist from back-outs. The upside is that we probably won't have many, and that doubled donation will just add to the overall total. ;)

That is fantastic! Thank you!

Anyone else willing to double their donation?

austin356
12-14-2007, 12:53 AM
It may be better to keep all of this 100% grass roots... it makes it oh-so-more meaningful

Yea but sending out an email just informing people of what supporters are already doing and them actually organizing things is completely different.

I am fine with the campaign telling all its subscribers what we are doing, just not the campaign telling us what to do or how to do it.

Dave
12-14-2007, 07:25 AM
The campaign WILL send out an email on the 16th, just like they did on the 5th. Why would that be illegal? It's not.

I don't know.

The Lantern
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM

It's time to go all in.

me3
12-14-2007, 07:27 AM
It's a Sunday, so it will be challenging. At work and school, during the week, people check their email several times a day.

We really have to take it on ourselves to use more than the web and email to promote the 16th, on the 16th.

Get out your phonebook, contact every Ron Paul supporter you know.

TechnoGuyRob
12-14-2007, 07:30 AM
I think that might violate FEC rules. But we haven't paid too close attention to that, now, have we?

Mike Huckabee ORGANIZED a money bomb for the 12th; the OFFICIAL campaign did this. It brought in a measly $250k, but nonetheless, there is precedent.

wgadget
12-14-2007, 07:35 AM

I agree. The campaign should just send out a generic call for donations, similar to the others...you know..."The end of the quarter is soon approaching. Please donate now,etc." It would just HAPPEN to occur before the tea party..hehehe.

John of Des Moines
12-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Ron's swing through Iowa is a media only thing, no public appearances.

Avalon
12-14-2007, 08:06 AM
History shows that you need to do retail campaigning there to be successful. That's because throughout history supporters have been too lazy or afraid to convert other people to their candidate. They left everything up to the media, the official campaign, and the wealthy donors who support it. We've already shown the world that "We the People" are donating to Ron Paul. But are we each willing to spread the message to hundreds? To try and leap the hurdles the media and political establishment have put in our way?

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM

Actually, YES WE HAVE. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I was in for $100.

Doubled it for my wife to $200.

Then committed to doubling that to $400.

Put out $1400 for the Tea Party event in Boston.

$4600 is maxed out for both my wife and I.

I may hit that mark, but whatever it is, it'll be more than $400.

Ask yourself, what's more worthwhile: more worthless Chinese baubles under a Christmas tree, or a downpayment on liberty for you and your children's children?

I'm convinced that, should we fail, looking back at the momentary pain of limbering up your wallet and relieving yourself of a few federal reserve notes will be looked upon with nostalgia at how easy this struggle may have been.

Brian Bailey
12-14-2007, 08:37 AM
They sent an email half-way through the day last time urging people to shatter the one day record, and then if I recall correctly I think they sent out another one later in the day. I wouldn't be surprised to see three on Sunday. It won't say "support the Tea Party" it will just say

Wow! Thank you!
Please send more!

Wink wink nudge nudge,
Jonathan Bydlak

jrich4rpaul
12-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm giving everything I got in the bank. $100 just isn't enough if we're gonna set records.

This is our last chance to make a big impact that will get us going toward the primaries.

european
12-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm giving everything I got in the bank. $100 just isn't enough if we're gonna set records.

This is our last chance to make a big impact that will get us going toward the primaries.

RESPECT!!!!! :D

I can't wait 'til this press conference is airing live on Monday morning on CNN, MSNBC...Fox!?

Reporters: "How did you do it Dr. Paul? $20 Million in a single day!"

Paul: "I guess Freedom is popular."

so true :D

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I really wish my wife was a supporter. Between that, Christmas (with 3 kids), and $700 toward our blasted mini-van this week, I'm stuck on $100 -- and sleeping next to the dog for that!

mosquitobite
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I really wish my wife was a supporter. Between that, Christmas (with 3 kids), and $700 toward our blasted mini-van this week, I'm stuck on $100 -- and sleeping next to the dog for that!

LOL! Same here, my husband is a half-supporter (still thinks he doesn't have a chance) but says I have to use my "blow" money (we're Dave Ramsey folk) for my donation. So I'm stuck with $100! I might try to sneak a $200 donation, but he won't be happy with me. Good thing the dog loves me! :D

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow, those last two leave me flat.

I can't imagine not having your wife/husband alongside 100% through something like this.

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 09:13 AM
My wife is a nurse who believes in universal health care and also fears Paul is an isolationist.

It's killing me to not donate more. I thought about selling my guitar amp and effects pedal (I only play acoustic), but those were both Christmas gifts from her a few years back. I don't really own much else.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Lucid wrote:

My wife is a nurse who believes in universal health care and also fears Paul is an isolationist.

UHC 'eh?

I'd say the same thing I say to those who want to continue wars around the globe:

"Maybe you're right, but it's a moot point, we're broke and can't afford it".

grfgerger
12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Sunday is going to be amazing, I can't wait.

mosquitobite
12-14-2007, 09:40 AM

It's killing me to not donate more. I thought about selling my guitar amp and effects pedal (I only play acoustic), but those were both Christmas gifts from her a few years back. I don't really own much else.

My husband just isn't as political as I am. He'll vote for Dr Paul, because he trusts my research into the issues. He's a conservative so he'll vote for whoever the GOP nom is. He just doesn't think Ron Paul has a chance (still!)

Come Monday all of them with that line of thinking will be proved wrong!

I saw on FreeRepublic, they "can't believe" Beck is allowing Dr Paul to come on his show. ;) Should be a fun next week!

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM

No can do. They must not do this. They need to keep themselves separated from this grassroots effort.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 01:42 PM
On the morning of December 17th (the morning after the Tea Party) Ron Paul will conduct a live press conference in Des Moines, Iowa.

Do you think he'll have anything big to talk about?;)

Tons of national and international media are swarming in Des Moines. (I was interviewed by a Japanese reporter yesterday at the debate). If the Tea Party ends up being a big success I know they will all be scrambling to cover the story and the press conference could be HUGE!

We need to raise ten million dollars so this press conference can be very successful!

tiznow
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree. There are thousands and thousands of "casual" Ron Paul supporters, or just average people interested in RP, but not yet sold on his message. Tons of people don't even know there is a mass donation planned on the 16th. A co-worker mentioned to me today that he's been getting lots of email from Ron Paul 2008. I asked him if he was donating and he didn't even know the teaparty was planned. He just signed up at the official site and reads the emails they send him...that's the end of his involvement. I guarantee there are tons of people like this, who like Paul's message but are not fanatical supporters and spending time on message boards dedicated soley to his candidacy.

An email from the official campaign could get the attention of the casual supporters in a way that we cannot.

they sent an e-mail out like midway through nov 5th i'm sure they'll do the same on sunday

tiznow
12-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Where did you get this information?

i can confirm i heard this on the iowa conference call last night

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 01:50 PM
bump

Fyretrohl
12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL! Same here, my husband is a half-supporter (still thinks he doesn't have a chance) but says I have to use my "blow" money (we're Dave Ramsey folk) for my donation. So I'm stuck with $100! I might try to sneak a $200 donation, but he won't be happy with me. Good thing the dog loves me! :D

Mee too on the Dave Ramsey ism. I may be able to pull my blow money together, but, I only get $50 for a full month.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 09:53 PM
It is critical that we raise ten million dollars at the Tea Party so the press conference can stun the world!

Pauliana
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
OMG a press conference! The first one was with the reading list, but this one will be bigger and awesomer!!! I'm so excited!

Ron Paul Fan
12-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, we MUST raise ten million dollars and reach the goal so that Ron Paul looks like a genius on Monday! Just imagine the headlines: Ron Paul supporters raise $10 million in one day! Ron Paul has raised over $20 million in the 4th quarter! Ron Paul wins New Hampshire Primary! Giuliani bows out, Ron Paul to be Republican nominee in general election! Paul defeats Clinton, becomes 44th President of the United States! This could all become a reality and it starts December 16th! We must succeed!

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes, we MUST raise ten million dollars and reach the goal so that Ron Paul looks like a genius on Monday! Just imagine the headlines: Ron Paul supporters raise $10 million in one day! Ron Paul has raised over $20 million in the 4th quarter! Ron Paul wins New Hampshire Primary! Giuliani bows out, Ron Paul to be Republican nominee in general election! Paul defeats Clinton, becomes 44th President of the United States! This could all become a reality and it starts December 16th! We must succeed!

I totally agree!

If we can raise ten million dollars at the Tea Party it put us on the path to VICTORY!