PDA

View Full Version : I was mistaken about Donald Trump and the taxes

dude58677
05-10-2019, 01:22 AM
I didnít do my research on the issue and I stand corrected. All he was saying you do everything the establishment demands of you and the establishment still treats you like trash and calls themselves elite. So I stand corrected.

Swordsmyth
05-10-2019, 01:24 AM
+Rep

donnay
05-10-2019, 06:38 AM
+rep

The MSM takes snippets and sound bites out of context, all the time, to make President Trump look bad. That's why we have to take what they say as nothing more than Fake News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2sMoykZ-lM

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." ~ Ronald Reagan

nikcers
05-10-2019, 06:43 AM
I was mistaken about Donald Trump and taxes too. I thought he would get the IRS off people's backs because he was hounded by the IRS his whole life.

Todd
05-10-2019, 07:01 AM
I was mistaken about Donald Trump and taxes too. I thought he would get the IRS off people's backs because he was hounded by the IRS his whole life.

Nope. my worst tax return in my lifetime came under Trump. It's almost like a Democrat has been in charge. He's no friend of the middle class.

specsaregood
05-10-2019, 07:10 AM
Nope. my worst tax return in my lifetime came under Trump. It's almost like a Democrat has been in charge. He's no friend of the middle class.

Did you lose deductions or something?

kcchiefs6465
05-10-2019, 08:20 AM
+Rep

dude58677
05-10-2019, 03:22 PM
+Rep

Then I retract my retraction...sigh.

TheTexan
05-10-2019, 03:32 PM
I was mistaken about Donald Trump and the taxes

Donald Trump has great taxes, the best taxes

euphemia
05-10-2019, 04:33 PM

No, Congress is no friend to the middle class.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Did you lose deductions or something?

The new tax code increased the standard deductions, which resulted in my taxes being reduced by about $2000.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2019, 05:28 PM
I didn’t do my research on the issue and I stand corrected. All he was saying you do everything the establishment demands of you and the establishment still treats you like trash and calls themselves elite. So I stand corrected.

What's this all about now?

Swordsmyth
05-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Did you check to see how much less was withheld during the year?

Schifference
05-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Did you check to see how much less was withheld during the year?

I have never concerned myself with how big a refund was. I am only concerned with total amount of tax paid.

There are too many factors to consider. Did children grow up and lose the deduction?

Swordsmyth
05-10-2019, 05:47 PM
I have never concerned myself with how big a refund was. I am only concerned with total amount of tax paid.

Getting a big refund is bad, it lets the IRS collect interest on your money all year and it gets taxed as part of the next year's income.

You don't want to end up owing if you can avoid it but you should want a minimal refund.

Schifference
05-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Getting a big refund is bad, it lets the IRS collect interest on your money all year and it gets taxed as part of the next year's income.

You don't want to end up owing if you can avoid it but you should want a minimal refund.

We always do a calculation around September and adjust with holding accordingly. We don't ever get a large refund because we want as much of our money all the time. Why would anyone want to let the government use their money interest free for a year?

Champ
05-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Going to say something controversial: taxation is theft!

Anti Globalist
05-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Going to say something controversial: taxation is theft!
Doesn't sound controversial to me. Only fools would believe in taxes.

Zippyjuan
05-10-2019, 06:34 PM
We always do a calculation around September and adjust with holding accordingly. We don't ever get a large refund because we want as much of our money all the time. Why would anyone want to let the government use their money interest free for a year?

That is a logical approach but some people see it as sort of a forced savings plan (without admitting it). Even though it is their money they could have had every paycheck the entire year, they may not have saved anything. The check from the government is seen as a "bonus" they can use to spend on something- a vacation. Fixing up the house. Buying something nice- a car or big TV. Left on their own, they don't put aside that money each month and save it up. They let the government do it for them.