PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump “You pay your taxes and you were forgotten... You are the elite."

dude58677
05-08-2019, 06:58 PM
This guy never had any intention of getting rid of the IRS. He didn’t wimp out over the shutdown, he willingly reopened the government. He is a far cry from Ron Paul. He poses as anti-eastablushment and has an unorthodox presentation of his politics but he is still the same flavor as all politicians.

Anti Globalist
05-08-2019, 07:24 PM
I doubt the IRS was going anywhere anytime soon.

ATruepatriot
05-08-2019, 07:32 PM
I doubt the IRS was going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm trying to remember if he ever even said that he would.

dude58677
05-08-2019, 08:43 PM
I'm trying to remember if he ever even said that he would.

You don’t find it troubling that he hasn’t made that promise? That there is not even an effort to try to get rid of it? Ron Paul promised to get rid of it.

PAF
05-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Once a NY lib, always a NY lib. Based on his record prior to being elected all the proof was there. No surprise here.

kona
05-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Not once has Trump ever mentioned getting rid of the IRS. Don't make it sound like this was a campaign promise.

timosman
05-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Not once has Trump ever mentioned getting rid of the IRS. Don't make it sound like this was a campaign promise.

It'd be cool if he did though. :D

AngryCanadian
05-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Once a NY lib, always a NY lib. Based on his record prior to being elected all the proof was there. No surprise here.

He would also never arrest any of the Clintons.

TheCount
05-09-2019, 04:11 AM
How elite is Trump, then?

dude58677
05-09-2019, 05:14 AM
How elite is Trump, then?

He’s a phony.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 05:39 AM
You don’t find it troubling that he hasn’t made that promise? That there is not even an effort to try to get rid of it? Ron Paul promised to get rid of it.

Yes Ron did. And in reality he never could have done it. He would have been dealing with the same opposition at every turn just like Trump is. Realistically while it is a nice thought, it's just a dream that will never happen. It was a promise he never could have kept.

dude58677
05-09-2019, 05:47 AM
Yes Ron did. And in reality he never could have done it. He would have been dealing with the same opposition at every turn just like Trump is. Realistically while it is a nice thought, it's just a dream that will never happen. It was a promise he never could gave kept.

Not true. All Trump had to do was keep the shut down going and then the IRS employees would have eventually quit.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Not true. All Trump had to do was keep the shut down going and then the IRS employees would have eventually quit.

You have a LOT to learn yet... They would not have quit, they were still getting paid, it was just delayed. They were getting a paid vacation. Even two years later that back pay would have to still be paid.

donnay
05-09-2019, 06:25 AM
Hey you know what? Donald J. Trump doesn't walk on water either...Imagine that? He is just a man, and a fallible one at that. All you people expecting miracles, you need not support any man or woman because it will never happen.

Walk a mile in his mocassins before you pass judgement. He has done a lot more than many presidents have done in our lifetime. He also has a lot more opposition trying to stop him at every turn. If you cannot see that, you're simply not paying attention.

dude58677
05-09-2019, 06:26 AM
You have a LOT to learn yet... They would not have quit, they were still getting paid, it was just delayed. They were getting a paid vacation. Even two years later that back pay would have to still be paid.

He could have laid them off past 30 days.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 06:35 AM

Sarcasm?

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Hey you know what? Donald J. Trump doesn't walk on water either...Imagine that? He is just a man, and a fallible one at that. All you people expecting miracles, you need not support any man or woman because it will never happen.

Walk a mile in his mocassins before you pass judgement. He has done a lot more than many presidents have done in our lifetime. He also has a lot more opposition trying to stop him at every turn. If you cannot see that, you're simply not paying attention.

Would you make these same excuses for Romney or McCain, neither of whom is/was as much of a progressive as Trump?

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 06:37 AM
He could have laid them off past 30 days.

Lol... See... Once hired, you cannot fire or lay off a government employee, It is a real problem the taxpayers have been wanting to fix for many many years now. At every level once hired we are stuck with them until they die and even until their surviving spouse dies.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 06:45 AM

And that is the problem, expectations are absolutely unrealistic. Never in a real world is someone ever going to be elected president and have a completely free unrestricted hand to do all the things they promised or want to do. Both sides would have tied Ron Paul's hands through his whole term and he would not have been able to accomplish one of the actions we wanted him to. Not one...

donnay
05-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Would you make these same excuses for Romney or McCain, neither of whom is/was as much of a progressive as Trump?

I sure would if they accomplished the things that Donald J. Trump has done in the two years he has been in. But of course, their records already speak volumes that they would have done more of the same to destroy this country.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 07:06 AM
I sure would if they accomplished the things that Donald J. Trump has done in the two years he has been in. But of course, their records already speak volumes that they would have done more of the same to destroy this country.

And that's the thing. The Trump apologists on this forum aren't just being realistic in their expectations. They positively support Trump's policies, including the ones that are diametrically opposed to what this website stands for, like his tariffs, his wall, and his national emergency declaration. If they didn't, they'd see him in the same camp as any number of other pseudo-conservative politicians that regulars here have a longstanding history of repudiating as more bad than good.

donnay
05-09-2019, 07:09 AM
And that is the problem, expectations are absolutely unrealistic. Never in a real world is someone ever going to be elected president and have a completely free unrestricted hand to do all the things they promised or want to do. Both sides would have tied Ron Paul's hands through his whole term and he would not have been able to accomplish one of the actions we wanted him to. Not one...

The thing is, the promises Donald J. Trump has made on the campaign trail, he has accomplished much of it. Dr, Paul is just too polite and too kind to have ever tried to be president. He was in Congress for all that time and never once got anything passed, which was unfortunate but it is the reality of the element we have to deal with in a corrupt government. Donald J. Trump is a thick skinned New Yorker. He has dealt with the opposition with vim and vigor. I do not know how many people could handle this kind of opposition the way he has coming out of the gate.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 07:11 AM
The thing is, the promises Donald J. Trump has made on the campaign trail, he has accomplished much of it.

That's easy to do when you promise both A and not-A at the same time on pretty much every issue.

The problem with Trump is his entire agenda is diametrically opposed to everything we (that is, the non-trolls) stand for here. It's not just that he doesn't go far enough in the right direction. He wants to, and as you point out, is to some degree successful, at going in the wrong direction.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 07:18 AM
And that's the thing. The Trump apologists on this forum aren't just being realistic in their expectations. They positively support Trump's policies, including the ones that are diametrically opposed to what this website stands for, like his tariffs, his wall, and his national emergency declaration. If they didn't, they'd see him in the same camp as any number of other pseudo-conservative politicians that regulars here have a longstanding history of repudiating as more bad than good.

So let me get this right? This website stands for individual liberty and free speech until someone deviates from a mandatory script? Group think much?

donnay
05-09-2019, 07:19 AM

And if Ron Paul were president, what do you think he would have been able to accomplish...bring the troops home? Donald J. Trump is trying that and is up against great opposition. Stop welfare? Donald J. Trump has proposed stricter regulations on Food Stamps. Less people are on Food stamps currently than ever before. On welfare, he has put stricter regulations on people who can work and he is trying to stop foreign aid and foreign dependency on our money.

The neocon warmongers and democrats are against him every step of the way to end wars.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 07:23 AM
The thing is, the promises Donald J. Trump has made on the campaign trail, he has accomplished much of it. Dr, Paul is just too polite and too kind to have ever tried to be president. He was in Congress for all that time and never once got anything passed, which was unfortunate but it is the reality of the element we have to deal with in a corrupt government. Donald J. Trump is a thick skinned New Yorker. He has dealt with the opposition with vim and vigor. I do not know how many people could handle this kind of opposition the way he has coming out of the gate.

Reality.... While we hold out for that perfect president based on purism, the world is still turning and not going to wait for us to find that perfect person. In fact we are never going to find that person.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 07:26 AM
And if Ron Paul were president, what do you think he would have been able to accomplish...bring the troops home? Donald J. Trump is trying that and is up against great opposition. Stop welfare? Donald J. Trump has proposed stricter regulations on Food Stamps. Less people are on Food stamps currently than ever before. On welfare, he has put stricter regulations on people who can work and he is trying to stop foreign aid and foreign dependency on our money.

The neocon warmongers and democrats are against him every step of the way to end wars.

Here is the ironic thing. For Ron to have accomplished anything he promised at all he would have had to declare marshal law to actually get it done.

donnay
05-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Reality.... While we hold out for that perfect president based on purism, the world is still turning and not going to wait for us to find that perfect person. In fact we are never going to find that person.

Exactly. However, we need a fighter and one who will not crimp and fold from the barrage of opposition. Thus far he has proven to be a trooper, no doubt. As I said earlier, Donald J. Trump is just a man...and in my opinion a better person than I.

donnay
05-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Here is the ironic thing. For Ron to have accomplished anything he promised at all he would have had to declare marshal law to actually get it done.

Agreed. I believe at some point Donald J. Trump will have to declare Martial Law on the southern border to stop the invasion.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Agreed. I believe at some point Donald J. Trump will have to declare Martial Law on the southern border to stop the invasion.

I hope not... I would oppose this from any president for any reason. What is going to happen is the people will soon go and handle it themselves. This is when things are going to break open.

PAF
05-09-2019, 07:44 AM

First off, it was the controlled/corrupt media and romney-bots who prevented Ron Paul from being elected, Ron was beginning to soar.

Had Ron won, he would have had fire-side chats to talk to the people about the actual problems that affect our country. The base would would have been fired up and contacted their representatives who are the actual policy makers. Ron would not play “chess” or talk diversionary tactics to further the globalist goals. Ron himself stated that as president, he would have have scrapped executive orders implemented by previous president.

It was not the people that did not like him, it was tptb. Had he won, the people would know the truth. About everything.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 07:58 AM
First off, it was the controlled/corrupt media and romney-bots who prevented Ron Paul from being elected, Ron was beginning to soar.

Had Ron won, he would have had fire-side chats to talk to the people about the actual problems that affect our country. The base would would have been fired up and contacted their representatives who are the actual policy makers. Ron would not play “chess” or talk diversionary tactics to further the globalist goals. Ron himself stated that as president, he would have have scrapped executive orders implemented by previous president.

It was not the people that did not like him, it was tptb. Had he won, the people would know the truth. About everything.

Don't get me wrong... I was ecstatic and a very devoted activist for Ron as most of us were. I lived and breathed Ron Paul. And I believed he could actually make some fantastic changes. The reality set in when the RNC changed the rules during the primaries to lock him out. I realized this is what he was going to face during his whole term minute by minute. The establishment mafia on both sides would have done whatever it took to tie his hands or impeach him before he could do anything at all that might dip into their pockets and con game. Realistically it just wasn't going to happen like we wanted it too.

donnay
05-09-2019, 08:04 AM

That's a nice dream...because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Donald J. Trump holds rallies. Have you ever seen the crowds? He has the base and this base is active.

To be honest, I do not know how he got the presidency with the rigged election--either it was (if you believe) divine intervention or good people on the inside that flipped the switch. Everyone is tired of the corruption. I do not believe President Trump is a saint but I can think of no other person to chip away at the embedded corruption than him at this point.

donnay
05-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Don't get me wrong... I was ecstatic and a very devoted activist for Ron as most of us were. I lived and breathed Ron Paul. And I believed he could actually make some fantastic changes. The reality set in when the RNC changed the rules during the primaries to lock him out. I realized this is what he was going to face during his whole term minute by minute. The establishment mafia on both sides would have done whatever it took to tie his hands or impeach him before he could do anything at all that might dip into their pockets and con game. Realistically it just wasn't going to happen like we wanted it too.

One thing Ron Paul and his campaign did was wake many people up to the corruption. He also educated a lot of people to the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

PAF
05-09-2019, 08:10 AM

+ Rep

I was at that convention.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 08:13 AM
So let me get this right? This website stands for individual liberty and free speech until someone deviates from a mandatory script? Group think much?

Deviating from the script means opposing individual liberty. That's the point of my post that you quoted.

It's not the case that Ron Paul supporters are failing to support Trump because he's good but just not good enough because they're purists. It's the case that they don't support him because he's the enemy of what they stand for. Those who do support him actually support some of the very policies he advances that go against what this website stands for, and those are the reasons they support him.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Don't get me wrong... I was ecstatic and a very devoted activist for Ron

That may be so. But in supporting him you had to compromise and set aside some of your statist beliefs because of the libertarian issues where you agreed with RP. Now, with Trump, it's the libertarian issues you're setting aside on account of statist positions where you agree with Trump. You are apparently somewhat of a hybrid between those two, as are many of the Trump defenders here, I gather.

Those here who are unwilling to do that aren't just being purists. We just don't agree with those statist agreements you have with Trump, and against RP, in the first place.

juleswin
05-09-2019, 08:19 AM
What a patronizing thing to say to people who cannot afford expensive accountants to dodge as much taxes as possible. The sad truth is that you are elite if you can dodge as many taxes as possible and not the other way around. The same thing goes for military services. you are elite if you can dodge the draft and instead have some peasant fight and die for the elite.

The debate is not whether dodging taxes is bad but telling people this sort of nonsense is downright insulting. He talks to his supporters like they are small children and that annoys me

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 08:22 AM
The sad truth is that you are elite if you can dodge as many taxes as possible

Either that or you're poor. The tax code may favor the rich in some respects, but not as much as it favors the poor, who spend from December through February anxiously looking forward to being able to file their taxes because they make so much money from it and pay nothing.

juleswin
05-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Either that or you're poor. The tax code may favor the rich in some respects, but not as much as it favors the poor, who spend from December through February anxiously looking forward to being able to file their taxes because they make so much money from it and pay nothing.

And some middle class people can dodge taxes too, I am sure you know exactly what I am getting at. Tax avoidance schemes is the issue not people(poor) getting tax credits

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 08:54 AM
+ Rep

I was at that convention.

He had it won because of you guys, then they threw the wrench in the works. We were following it play by play over at the DP just as everyone here was. It was a huge bubble that burst and set the tone for future reality.

donnay
05-09-2019, 09:01 AM
This is about the same words he said in last nights rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HOvlqckeU

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 09:08 AM
That may be so. But in supporting him you had to compromise and set aside some of your statist beliefs because of the libertarian issues where you agreed with RP. Now, with Trump, it's the libertarian issues you're setting aside on account of statist positions where you agree with Trump. You are apparently somewhat of a hybrid between those two, as are many of the Trump defenders here, I gather.

Those here who are unwilling to do that aren't just being purists. We just don't agree with those statist agreements you have with Trump, and against RP, in the first place.

I have NEVER been against anything Ron stands for. But I am more intelligent than to fool myself with ignorance. Reality dictates true feasibility and capability of ideology.

PAF
05-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I have NEVER been against anything Ron stands for. But I am more intelligent than to fool myself with ignorance. Reality dictates true feasibility and capability of ideology.

They key is to practice and preach to educate others around us. The socialists are expert at this and don’t relent which is why socialism is the norm. Also, groups such as YAL at college campuses need our support in and out of universities.

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 09:22 AM
I have NEVER been against anything Ron stands for.

Then what is it about Trump that you like?

oyarde
05-09-2019, 09:23 AM
I feel like I am elite now that I no longer have to pay fed taxes .

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 09:27 AM
They key is to practice and preach to educate others around us. The socialists are expert at this and don’t relent which is why socialism is the norm. Also, groups such as YAL at college campuses need our support in and out of universities.

I absolutely agree... But the socialists do not teach based on reality. To share concepts and teach should concepts actually be based on factual reality first? Or should they also be based on fantasy bubble fiction as the left does?

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Then what is it about Trump that you like?

We are on the very edge of the abyss of no return, to keep from falling into this abyss one cannot be selective in what they reach out and grab a hold of to keep from falling. I'm going to grab anything that might keep me from going over the edge. I don't like everything he does, but accepting the alternative option is NOT an option, it is they who are pushing us over this edge of no return.

It's that simple...

Superfluous Man
05-09-2019, 09:42 AM
We are on the very edge of the abyss of no return, to keep from falling into this abyss one cannot be selective in what they reach out and grab a hold of to keep from falling. I'm going to grab anything that might keep me from going over the edge. I don't like everything he does, but accepting the alternative option is NOT an option, it is they who are pushing us over this edge of no return.

It's that simple...

Am I right then that you also supported Romney and McCain?

I can understand the reasoning of those who did feel like they had to support those two in their respective runs as the lesser of two evils. It's the same thing I had done in every election before 2008. What I can't understand is the reasoning of those who think that those two were enemies while Trump is an ally.

ATruepatriot
05-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Am I right then that you also supported Romney and McCain too?

I can understand the reasoning of those who did feel like they had to support those two in their respective runs as the lesser of two evils. It's the same thing I had done in every election before 2008. What I can't understand is the reasoning of those who think that those two were enemies while Trump is an ally.

Absolutely not. Neither, I have not been a devoted republican since Reagan. After Reagan the whole thing fell apart on both sides and I became anti-establishment concerning both sides. I was on float and supported no one until Ron Paul came along. But we had wiggle room to be selective without the immediate danger that we are presented with right now. The very life or death of this free republic is in our face. All issues aside the last election was a choice between Communism or not Communism period and this country knew it, in fact it divided the libertarian party into those smart enough to see it who voted for Trump, and those who held onto false unrealistic hopes and dreams still waiting for that one perfect candidate to run. The next election will be even more important in this aspect, and we are right back in that very same position again now, we have a choice between Communism or not Communism. There is no wiggle room in this reality.

dannno
05-09-2019, 10:09 AM
This is about the same words he said in last nights rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HOvlqckeU

Thread title is wrong. (Edit: Mods have corrected the title)

As usual, anti-Trump nuts get everything wrong.

I didn't even need to hear the audio to know this thread was complete horse shit and not worth responding to.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Deviating from the script means opposing individual liberty. That's the point of my post that you quoted.

It's not the case that Ron Paul supporters are failing to support Trump because he's good but just not good enough because they're purists. It's the case that they don't support him because he's the enemy of what they stand for. Those who do support him actually support some of the very policies he advances that go against what this website stands for, and those are the reasons they support him.
You are delusional about what this website stands for, Ron ran on securing the border and you claim that is against what the site stands for.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 03:24 PM
That's a great long term strategy but you completely undermine it if you don't have a short term strategy.

One example is your support for open borders, you will never win the education race if you allow the importation of communists at a faster rate than you can educate the public.

Anti Globalist
05-09-2019, 05:22 PM
To add on to this, Trump was the most famous person in the 2016 election outside of Hillary Clinton. People all over the world knew who Trump was before he even ran for office. The guy was a house hold name. Ron on the other hand has spent most of his political career in political obscurity with hardly anyone even knowing who he was. Most people who even recognized his name in all 3 of his presidential runs were people that lived in Texas. If Ron had an alpha male personality similar to Trump and tried to become a household name, he probably would have been president. We would be at the tail end of his presidency right now if that was the case.

PAF
05-09-2019, 05:50 PM
That's a great long term strategy but you completely undermine it if you don't have a short term strategy.

One example is your support for open borders, you will never win the education race if you allow the importation of communists at a faster rate than you can educate the public.

That is equivalent to saying investing is a great long term strategy but you completely undermine it by investing now.

Or, abiding by the Ten Commandments is a great long term strategy but by doing so now will invite unwanteds.

I hear what you are saying but it is so illogical that I can not wrap my head around it, any more than I can wrap my head around Republicans running for office but once in they do not support Republican agendas, such as Private Property and Contract Rights, and the right to Personal Privacy. Lots of P’s I know, but you get my Point.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 06:00 PM
That is equivalent to saying investing is a great long term strategy but you completely undermine it by investing now.
Nonsense, I did not say you should not educate anyone now.

Or, abiding by the Ten Commandments is a great long term strategy but by doing so now will invite unwanteds.
No, it's like saying that "Thou shalt not kill" (better translated as Thou shalt not murder) is a great idea but it doesn't apply to self defense.

I hear what you are saying but it is so illogical that I can not wrap my head around it, any more than I can wrap my head around Republicans running for office but once in they do not support Republican agendas, such as Private Property and Contract Rights, and the right to Personal Privacy. Lots of P’s I know, but you get my Point.
It seems that the problem is that you are too illogical to understand.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 06:02 PM
To add on to this, Trump was the most famous person in the 2016 election outside of Hillary Clinton. People all over the world knew who Trump was before he even ran for office. Ron on the other hand has spent most of his political career in political obscurity with hardly anyone even knowing who he was. Most people who even recognized his name in all 3 of his presidential runs were people that lived in Texas. If Ron had an alpha male personality similar to Trump and tried to become a household name, he probably would have been president.
With the oligarchs' control of the MSM and the culture he would have had to spend most of his life as a double agent in order to get media attention, which may have been what Trump did.

PAF
05-09-2019, 06:13 PM
It seems that the problem is that you are too illogical to understand.

You certainly are a trip, SwordShill lol

How much do you activate/educate in your neck of the woods? Are you teaching the same thing to others as you preach around here? If so, it will be no wonder why liberty will never be achieved.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 06:27 PM
You certainly are a trip, SwordShill lol

How much do you activate/educate in your neck of the woods? Are you teaching the same thing to others as you preach around here? If so, it will be no wonder why liberty will never be achieved.
I do what I can.

If people believe everything you teach them it will be no wonder that liberty will go from endangered to extinct.