PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul On The Offensive Against Huckabee!

JPFromTally
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow... It looks like Ron is going full throttle against the Huckster...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/77904

Money well spent in my opinion.

Jon S
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
third post on the subject

Geronimo
12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
It's the first I've heard of it.

Thanks for posting.

JPFromTally
12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
third post on the subject

I looked around and didn't see anything.. Oh well, I've had first dibs a couple of times on subjects that others end up repeating... it happens.

Lucid American
12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Awesome! I think Paul's campaign has waited and waited until they figured out who the bonafide front runner would be going into Iowa.

Good to see this.

curtisag
12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for posting, I didn't see it.

dircha
This is excellent.

Mike Huckabee has hijacked Ron Paul's message on the IRS, on the Department of Homeland Security, to name a few.

But we know that Mike Huckabee is not credible on these issues. The people of Arkansas know first hand that he is not credible on these issues.

And it would be doing a tremendous disservice to the people of Iowa to allow this snake oil salesman, Mike Huckabee, to pull the wool over the eyes of the good people of Iowa without saying a word.

curtisag
Who says the campaign is inept? This is a brilliant strategy on their part to take the hot air out of Huck's blimp.

Mandrik
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I didn't see it, either. Thanks for posting!

Think12345
12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
We should've thought of that. Without involving the HQ :)

bobmurph
Who says the campaign is inept? This is a brilliant strategy on their part to take the hot air out of Huck's blimp.

Huck has a blimp too! F*ck! He's copying EVERYTHING Ron Paul does!;)

Jon S
paul brings huckabee critics to iowa... mmkay i guess no one else uses new posts button

rfbz
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Huckabee, a Southern Baptist preacher, spoke out against Holt's proposal in 2005 to ban state services to illegal immigrants and said "I drink a different kind of Jesus juice."

lol..amazing

JPFromTally
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
The fact that Huck is polling so high proves that the only people that are being polled are 2004 GWB voters.

bobmurph
12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
paul brings huckabee critics to iowa... mmkay i guess no one else uses new posts button

Wow. Never used the New Post button before. Nice tool. Thx! I'm sure I'm not the only one.

ChickenHawk
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
The best thing about this strategy is that Hucky can't say anything about it because he knows it will just boost Ron Paul's name recognition.

jj111
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Fred also has a blimp on the Fred Thompson forum. The photos are awesome.

daviddee
12-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Visual
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
MMMMMMMmmmm.... it's gonna get good. When RP starts getting ready for the fights, you know its gunna be FUUUuu-UHN!

Looking forward to it, I always enjoy watching mudslinging.

rich34
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM

I was saying this a couple weeks ago that we should start a chip in letting the people of Iowa no the REAL Mike Huckabee, but no one seemed interested.

And imo, attacking him on what I would consider soft stuff is not the right approach either. Sure immigration, taxation are very important, but I'd go for the throat and hit him up with those pardons of convicted rapist/murders. If this wouldn't get a Christian to change their mind about him nothing would.

moglesb1
12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
thanks thread starter .. i didn't know of this either ...

saahmed
12-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm kind of disappointed. I did not expect Paul to resort to negative campaigning. But, I guess it is a necessity.

jj111
12-13-2007, 10:00 PM
When Huckabee steals all of Ron's platform, I think it's necessary to educate the public that he's a fake.

rich34
12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm kind of disappointed. I did not expect Paul to resort to negative campaigning. But, I guess it is a necessity.

The truth has to come out somehow, if not he'll win Iowa only because the voters didn't know the truth. And he's not attacking him personally, but his policy's. The voters of Iowa I'm sure no nothing about two faced Huck.

EonBlue
12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
The old media here in Iowa has been ramping up it's criticism of negative attack ads and how annoying they are for the last week. Maybe this was the reason for it but they were just wasting their time because it'll work anyway. I never cared much for this type of thing myself until now. Someone had to expose the truth.

dspectre
12-13-2007, 10:04 PM

I can understand that feeling, but it's not like RP is attacking Huckabee personally, he is letting someone else talk about Huck's record in his home state.

So, it basically squares with RP's philosophy, he is going with the facts. It's just he is allowing another side come to light.

Perry
12-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Paul paid these guys $5000 each? Sounds like a steal.

To counter the criticism, Huckabee brought in a group of longtime Arkansas supporters to defend his record.

Way to go on defense Huckster!!:D

hasan
12-13-2007, 10:08 PM

ron paul certainly wouldn't change his principles for anything thats why im sure he doesn't believe its negative. i think someone mentioned in the article that it is simply about telling the truth because huck certainly isn't saying it.

rich34
12-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd still go for the throat, but maybe ALL of them are waiting until they see "the whites of their eyes" :)

thumbto
12-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Way to go on defense Huckster!!:D

Waaay too dangerous to go on the offensive against Paul at this point in the game. Then he'd have to face the facts...

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Huckabee is not willing to treat illegal aliens like the CRIMINAL INVADERS they are!

goRPaul
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
This is too close for comfort. The campaign has no reason to go negative, but then again, all they're doing is bringing in people to talk about a candidate. The campaign isn't saying anything negative at all. I hope they keep it that way, I hope this isn't the start of a bad trend.

gb13
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
This is excellent.

Mike Huckabee has hijacked Ron Paul's message on the IRS, on the Department of Homeland Security, to name a few.

But we know that Mike Huckabee is not credible on these issues. The people of Arkansas know first hand that he is not credible on these issues.

And it would be doing a tremendous disservice to the people of Iowa to allow this snake oil salesman, Mike Huckabee, to pull the wool over the eyes of the good people of Iowa without saying a word.

Word.

Perry
12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Waaay too dangerous to go on the offensive against Paul at this point in the game. Then he'd have to face the facts...

Anytime anyone acknowledges Paul in any way, shape or form Paul comes out on top. That and the fact that Pauls hands are clean. :):)

carter5434
12-13-2007, 10:36 PM
This is too close for comfort. The campaign has no reason to go negative, but then again, all they're doing is bringing in people to talk about a candidate. The campaign isn't saying anything negative at all. I hope they keep it that way, I hope this isn't the start of a bad trend.

Don't be a pussy we are here to win this thing. Huckabee should be exposed for the joke that he is. Nothing negative about stating facts.

Birdlady
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM

But then people would be whining it was too harsh and would hurt the campaign.

micahnelson
12-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Thompson is going negative too... but, thats just his polling numbers.

seriously, dont you guys remember fear the fred days? lol.

InRonWeTrust
12-13-2007, 10:43 PM
haha! Get em Ron!

The huckster lies on a regular basis.

Birdlady
12-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Thompson is going negative too... but, thats just his polling numbers.

seriously, dont you guys remember fear the fred days? lol.

Yes. I was a little worried about him. Honestly though among those who are supposedly pro-gun, they STILL LOVE him. I can't figure it out!:eek:

pdavis
12-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Dr. Paul is not resorting to negative campaign by attacking someones bad policies as a public official. Is Dr. Paul running a negative campaign by attacking the neoconservative's foreign and economic policies?

max
12-13-2007, 10:51 PM
It's about time! Let's hope RP puts out attack commercials out soon.....but I'm disapponited that the rape/murder scandal isnt being kept alive

max
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Don't be a pussy we are here to win this thing. Huckabee should be exposed for the joke that he is. Nothing negative about stating facts.

I was going to respond to that very same post using the word "wussy"....but I like your word better!

Our movement is full of these pusssies who live in fear and dont want to attack

max
12-13-2007, 10:54 PM

whats so "negative" about telling the truth????? Are u suggesting we allow our adversaries to get away with lying???

JacobLyles
12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I DO like getting 4 pages on Newsweek's site. It's not too aggressive, I think it'll come out as a win.

sharedvoice
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
This was long overdue. The campaign should be hammering Huck's record right now. especially when primaries are 3 weeks out.

slantedview
12-14-2007, 12:58 AM
w00t! this is the first i've seen of this today. awesome!

saahmed
12-14-2007, 12:59 AM
whats so "negative" about telling the truth????? Are u suggesting we allow our adversaries to get away with lying???

I think paying someone to come up and speak out against a specific candidate is negative campaigning. If Huckabee had said something that was a specific lie in a debate or something then Paul should refute it. But, having individuals come to Iowa and essentially attack a candidate is not the right route. People in Iowa don't like negativity. He should focus on his positives and state why he is a better candidate. It would have been perfectly fine if these people came in to talk about Paul and argued why he would be a better candidate then Huckabee, citing specific facts. That would be different. Regardless, I have not lost any respect for Ron Paul. I know these tactics are sometimes a necessity in politics.

work2win
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Very interesting tactical move here. Bring in people that worked with him to give their side. Kinda seems like the swiftboat group. This will definitely not have the same bad taste as a TV attack ad, but will prompt many to research huckabee more....which is the goal.

slantedview
12-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Very interesting tactical move here. Bring in people that worked with him to give their side. Kinda seems like the swiftboat group. This will definitely not have the same bad taste as a TV attack ad, but will prompt many to research huckabee more....which is the goal.
yep. it doesn't take much research to realize the guy has lots of negatives.

musicmax
12-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I DO like getting 4 pages on Newsweek's site.

Newsweek's site = less than 1% of Newsweek's reach. The NAU smear article did 1000 times more damage than the good of a pathetic and condescending interview by the inappropriately-named Fineman.

rfbz
12-14-2007, 01:23 AM

well let's be realistic here, this does fall under the category of "negative" because it's showing the faults of your opponents as opposed to promoting yourself.

However, I do think this is a great move. Plus, it's indirect - although the RP campaign didn't necessarily try to keep it a secret. It's not Ron Paul being negative, it's people who used to work with Huckabee. Plus, the other campaigns are probably taking notice and you might see Fred Thompson running with this so Ron Paul doesn't have to waste a lot of resources on it.

DRV45N05
12-14-2007, 01:25 AM
The Huckabee campaign has nothing to complain about. He has been singling out Ron Paul specifically throughout the campaign and attacking him on everything from his foreign policy stance to his "electability."

They brought this on themselves.

NocturnalC
12-14-2007, 01:26 AM
The truth has to come out somehow, if not he'll win Iowa only because the voters didn't know the truth. And he's not attacking him personally, but his policy's. The voters of Iowa I'm sure no nothing about two faced Huck. Does this have anything to do with why his eyeballs seem to stray in two different directions?:D