PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Curiosity

Maltheus
12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
A coworker of mine, who is a big Fox News fan, pointed this out to me today because he knew I was a Ron Paul supporter. Their politics page:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html

...now lists Ron Paul among the Republican candidates. He's still polling low and coming in sixth, but the point was that they only use to list the top five candidates. In fact, they still only list the top five among the Democrats. But someone decided to add Ron Paul anyway.

So, what are we to make of that? All I know, is it peaked the curiosity of a coworker that I've been trying to bring over and I'm glad for that.

Ginobili
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
They cant admit their "top 5 is winning" but they are willing to admit he is in the "top 5" :P

robertwerden
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
FOX news knows that Ron Paul has advertising dollars now. I would never advertise with a network who is bias against me. Makes sense for them to be nice now if they want his money

mavtek
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
They no that after this weekend they will have no choice but to include him as it will be ridiculous not to.

Maltheus
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
They no that after this weekend they will have no choice but to include him as it will be ridiculous not to.

I was actually considering that notion. Or at least, that was my way to interject the topic of the tea party to my coworker.

I also got another coworker interesting in looking into him today (Huckabee supporter). He didn't really know much about him, but he did mention hearing something good about him on Hannity of all places. Hopefully, he first goes somewhere other than Hannity to look into him. Those types are always most impressed when I say that he has the most support from the military. That's our "in" with the Republican faithful.

Think12345
12-13-2007, 09:27 PM
For older people throw in Barry Goldwater Jr's endorsement and that Ron Paul was among the few who supported Reagan in 1976. It helped me a couple of times.

jd603
12-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes but Fox will burn viewers/cash to pitch certain political views, they "balance" ratings with propaganda. Perhaps that's what they mean by fair and "balanced"?

I'm still convinced the polls are a sham.

FOX news knows that Ron Paul has advertising dollars now. I would never advertise with a network who is bias against me. Makes sense for them to be nice now if they want his money

boondoggle
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I was actually considering that notion. Or at least, that was my way to interject the topic of the tea party to my coworker.

I also got another coworker interesting in looking into him today (Huckabee supporter). He didn't really know much about him, but he did mention hearing something good about him on Hannity of all places. Hopefully, he first goes somewhere other than Hannity to look into him. Those types are always most impressed when I say that he has the most support from the military. That's our "in" with the Republican faithful.

Have him watch the CNN Glenn Beck interview . . . And the PBS show . . . ?

Voice
12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
They soon won't be able to keep even their biased polls from showing the truth, so they're muddying the field in advance by showing more candidates. Expect them to show ten leading candidates if they can't keep him under number 4.

Ronin
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
So, what are we to make of that

Their email server ran out of space, so they finally gave in ;)

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
6 candidates get 84.6%
There is 9 candidates in the GOP. RP comes in 6th place with 4.4%

There is 15.4% left over. Divide that evenly among the remaining 3 candidates and they each score a higher % than RP, that would put them in 6th place and not RP. That would give tancredo,hunter and keys 5.1% if the 15.4% was divided equal among the last 3.

InRonWeTrust
12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
nice.