PDA

View Full Version : #FridaysForFuture Kids Skipping School Every Friday for Months to Protest Climate Change

dannno
05-03-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm no grammar nazi, but everything from the name of the movement to the way they talk is totally fuckockted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svt8vckwT1g

“In over 500 cities and 75 countries, these students are skipping school and taking to the streets,” host Stephanie Ruhle reported.

After struggling to comprehend a quote the movement is based on, Guthrie gave up and looped in a reporter on the ground. “Help me understand this. What is going on here?” she asked.

“Friday for Future is this idea of students skipping school on Friday to essentially say, ‘Look, why do I need to go to school if I don’t know the future based on the state of the planet?'” Savannah Sellers said. “That’s what these students have been doing for a long time. They have been skipping school.”

Sellers then interviewed three of the young girls at the protest, who spoke passionately about the “sacrifice” they are making for the sake of the planet.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/03/msnbc-kids-skipping-school-climate/?utm_medium=email

CCTelander
05-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Rebels without a clue?

juleswin
05-03-2019, 04:10 PM
The news caster made a mistake when reading the quote on the screen. They wrote "with worsening climate destruction(,) this goal of going to school begins to be pointless" and she read this "with worsening climate destruction(,) this goal is going to make school begin to be pointless". I am sure that sentence could be rewritten in a better way but I can't see the grammatical error.

This is a problem with her reading skills not the author of the quote. Said "is" instead of "of" and "make" wasn't even in the quote

I would have jumped at the chance of skipping fridays, that was our test day and I was no fan of tests.

juleswin
05-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Weird that I was able to catch the mistake on my first watch and the good folks at the dailycaller didn't. This is one of the reasons I do not like the daily caller, in their haste to mock these kids, they missed the solution to the grammar problem.

dannno
05-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Weird that I was able to catch the mistake on my first watch and the good folks at the dailycaller didn't. This is one of the reasons I do not like the daily caller, in their haste to mock these kids, they missed the solution to the grammar problem.

The Daily Caller said nothing of anything to do with grammar. I said I'm not a grammar nazi, but the way they are talking and the name of the movement is totally fuckockted.

It is true that the sentence was grammatically correct, but it still sounds like shit. I was referring to the name of the movement as well as in general.. the fact that the newscaster couldn't read the sentence tells you how fuckocted the sentence was, grammatically correct or not. It just sounds like shit.

juleswin
05-03-2019, 04:45 PM
The Daily Caller said nothing of anything to do with grammar. I said I'm not a grammar nazi, but the way they are talking and the name of the movement is totally $#@!ockted.

It is true that the sentence was grammatically correct, but it still sounds like $#@!. I was referring to the name of the movement as well as in general.. the fact that the newscaster couldn't read the sentence tells you how $#@!octed the sentence was, grammatically correct or not. It just sounds like $#@!.

The daily caller said this

After struggling to comprehend a quote the movement is based on, Guthrie gave up and looped in a reporter on the ground. “Help me understand this. What is going on here?” she asked.

She did not struggle to comprehend what they wrote, she struggled to read what they wrote. I don't care how good one writes but if the reader cannot read what is written, they would have a hard time comprehending the message. The part is them implying that there is something wrong with the kid's messaging.

The name of the movement is also not OK, they were clearly going for the FFF abbreviation. Again, nothing wrong with that.

dannno
05-03-2019, 04:50 PM
The daily caller said this

She did not struggle to comprehend what they wrote, she struggled to read what they wrote. I don't care how good one writes but if the reader cannot read what is written, they would have a hard time comprehending the message. The part is them implying that there is something wrong with the kid's messaging.

The name of the movement is also not OK, they were clearly going for the FFF abbreviation. Again, nothing wrong with that.

You are talking about a woman who literally reads words in front of a camera allll day long.. The reason she read it wrong is because it is written like shit.

juleswin
05-03-2019, 04:54 PM
You are talking about a woman who literally reads words in front of a camera allll day long.. The reason she read it wrong is because it is written like $#@!.

Maybe shes having a bad day, who knows why she read it wrong? I had no problem reading it. Its not written like shyte. Professional reader drops the ball and now dannno wants to blame the author. That is not how it works.

Anyone else had trouble reading the quote?

dannno
05-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Maybe shes having a bad day, who knows why she read it wrong? I had no problem reading it. Its not written like shyte. Professional reader drops the ball and now dannno wants to blame the author. That is not how it works.

Anyone else had trouble reading the quote?

For reference:

"...with the worsening climate destruction this goal of going to school begins to be pointless."

dannno
05-03-2019, 05:08 PM
I probably would have worded it more like:

"...with worsening climate destruction, the goal of going to school becomes more pointless."

TheTexan
05-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Truancy is a serious crime. They should be suspended from school for a few days to let them think about what they've done.

ATruepatriot
05-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Truancy is a serious crime. They should be suspended from school for a few days to let them think about what they've done.

And deduct some Carbon Credits.

Anti Globalist
05-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Well at least those kids will spend one less day in a government facility. Who knows, maybe one less day in school will open their minds and realize too much government is the problem. Not likely going to be the case buy I can dream.

euphemia
05-03-2019, 06:18 PM
School is what taught these kids to believe a lie.

juleswin
05-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Well at least those kids will spend one less day in a government facility.

Its basically a field day for them where they push govt propaganda. I rather they spent that extra day in class.

ATruepatriot
05-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Its basically a field day for them where they push govt propaganda. I rather they spent that extra day in class.

Another day in school another day of propaganda. Where do think they got this crap in the first place? :)

juleswin
05-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Another day in school another day of propaganda. Where do think they got this crap in the first place? :)

Well, its not like one needs hrs and hrs of school time to absorb these info. I still prefer they stay in class rather than go out on the street infecting people who are already out of school. Keep them in class to contain the propaganda.

ATruepatriot
05-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Well, its not like one needs hrs and hrs of school time to absorb these info. I still prefer they stay in class rather than go out on the street infecting people who are already out of school. Keep them in class to contain the propaganda.

Know what? you might be on to something there. lol