PDA

View Full Version : Trump Pulls Out Of UN Arms Trade Treaty Over 2nd Amendment Concerns

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 07:27 PM
President Trump announced Friday that the United States will withdraw its signature from the UN Arms Trade Treaty after concerns were raised by 2nd Amendment activists that it might infringe on Americans' right to bear arms.
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/trump%20gun.jpg
"Under my administration we will never surrender American sovereignty to anyone, we will never allow foreign bureaucrats to trample on your Second Amendment freedom and that is why my administration will never ratify the U.N. trade treaty," Trump said during the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Indianapolis, according to Fox News (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-us-withdrawal-from-un-arms-trade-treaty).
"I am officially announcing today that the United States will be revoking the effect of America's signature from this badly misguided treaty, we’re taking our signature back," Trump added.

“Under my Administration, we will never surrender American sovereignty to anyone. We will never allow foreign bureaucrats to trample on your Second Amendment freedoms. And that is why my Administration will never ratify the UN Arms Trade Treaty.” pic.twitter.com/j1xnuUdX1x (https://t.co/j1xnuUdX1x)
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) April 26, 2019 (https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1121846225827958784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) The treaty, signed in 2013 by former President Barack Obama, seeks to regulate international trade in conventional firearms to "prevent and eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and prevent their diversion."
On Friday, Trump signed a notice to the Senate asking that the ratification process be stopped and the treaty returned to the White House, where Trump said "I will dispose of it."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-26/i-will-dispose-it-trump-pulls-out-un-arms-trade-treaty-over-2nd-amendment-concerns

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Good.

I'll await the arrival of the leftarians, who will accuse me of besmirching the Good Name of Ron Paul, by supporting El Jefe' Naranjo in this move.

Zippyjuan
04-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Why would anybody agree to a treaty with Trump when he keeps walking away from existing ones?

enhanced_deficit
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon14.png Bold leadership as usual.
Un-Related

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second-e1519882524664.png

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:33 PM
I'll await the arrival of the leftarians

LOL that didn't take long.

oyarde
04-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Why would anybody agree to a treaty with Trump when he keeps walking away from existing ones?

Why would there ever be a treaty where the US is restricting arms ?

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Why would that be a bad outcome?
Almost all treaties are bad for us.

ATruepatriot
04-26-2019, 07:35 PM

Obama one world order bubble.

ATruepatriot
04-26-2019, 07:38 PM

This one was unconstitutional and should not have been agreed to in the first place. THE UN DOES NOT OWN US.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:39 PM
I miss the days when this forum supported Ron Paul and his efforts to remove us ENTIRELY from the UN, not just one single bad treaty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI1OktUGmag

Zippyjuan
04-26-2019, 07:40 PM

It restricts exports to certain countries. Not domestic sales or imports. https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/arms_trade_treaty

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:42 PM

As you are happy to point out in other cases, this is largely just symbolic.

The Senate already refused to ratify, so it was a dead letter anyways.

However, by removing the Executive's intent to sign, it makes it a little more difficult to bring up again.

ATruepatriot
It restricts exports to certain countries. Not domestic sales or imports.

You might want to read deeper.

Danke

Un-Related

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second-e1519882524664.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqwTgk8ri0

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 07:45 PM
I miss the days when this forum supported Ron Paul and his efforts to remove us ENTIRELY from the UN, not just one single bad treaty.

Trump has done more to move us that direction than any President since the creation of the UN but he gets no credit around here because "Orange Man Bad".

juleswin
04-26-2019, 07:49 PM
Un-Related

Wait a minute, are u saying that the guy who wants to take your guns without due process isn't honest when he says he is protecting the 2nd amendment rights? Also, how can u say those 2 topics isn't related. Hope you reply with a proper correction or I am -repping this post.

You don't unfairly criticize Trump on this site and get away with it :tears:

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:50 PM
It restricts exports to certain countries. Not domestic sales or imports. https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/arms_trade_treaty

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/#3efa98ad5bce

...if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.

Confiscate and destroy all "unauthorized" civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).

Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull - one single "bang" manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).

Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.

In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Wait a minute, are u saying that the guy who wants to take your guns without due process isn't honest when he says he is protecting the 2nd amendment rights? Also, how can u say those 2 topics isn't related. Hope you reply with a proper correction or I am -repping this post.

You don't unfairly criticize Trump on this site and get away with it :tears:
Which one did he do?

juleswin
04-26-2019, 07:52 PM

Trump doesn't hate the UN, he is at the UNSC every other day threatening to invade some poor country. And he doesn't care about the 2nd amendment. This is why its hard to cheer him on for these sort of stunts. He is not an honest broker.

Ron on the other hand genuinely hates the UN and wants to get out of it. Essentially he has credibility on the issue while Trump doesn't have any.

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Trump doesn't hate the UN, he is at the UNSC every other day threatening to invade some poor country. And he doesn't care about the 2nd amendment. This is why its hard to cheer him on for these sort of stunts. He is not an honest broker.
Trump has done more to undermine the UN than any President ever, and he just shutdown this UN plot against our guns.

We should not encourage those?

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 07:58 PM

I'm well aware of that...notice I'm not "cheering".

Simply saying, "Yes. I agree and support this move".

Ron on the other hand genuinely hates the UN and wants to get out of it. Essentially he has credibility on the issue while Trump doesn't have any.

So then why is Zippy glad handing me about how this treaty doesn't do what it clearly says it would have done and telling me to move along?

juleswin
04-26-2019, 08:14 PM
Trump has done more to undermine the UN than any President ever, and he just shutdown this UN plot against our guns.

We should not encourage those?

We would see how damaged the UN is after he leaves office. I think of these cuts are superficial and would heal real easy in no time.

juleswin
04-26-2019, 08:15 PM
I'm well aware of that...notice I'm not "cheering".

Simply saying, "Yes. I agree and support this move".

So then why is Zippy glad handing me about how this treaty doesn't do what it clearly says it would have done and telling me to move along?

I have no idea why Zippy is saying what hes saying. But I am very skeptical of Trumps motives seeing the kind of policies he supports and the people he surrounds himself with.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 08:36 PM
I have no idea why Zippy is saying what hes saying. But I am very skeptical of Trumps motives seeing the kind of policies he supports and the people he surrounds himself with.

Well, my concern is the "no borders, no wall, no USA at all" crowd.

It would stand to reason that you really wouldn't care much about, or would actively support, the UN, if you thought the USA did not deserve to exist.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 08:38 PM

At this point I'll take what's good, even if done for the wrong reasons.

Just like I did under Obama.

ATruepatriot
04-26-2019, 08:46 PM

I did too, there are a few things O-Bro did I actually thought were a good thing. This purist "throw the baby out with the bath water" is ignorant. For me there is both good and bad no matter what the source happens to be.

phill4paul
04-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Good.

I'll await the arrival of the leftarians, who will accuse me of besmirching the Good Name of Ron Paul, by supporting El Jefe' Naranjo in this move.

El Jefe' Naranjo. Yer killing me here. No reps to give.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2019, 09:12 PM
El Jefe' Naranjo. Yer killing me here. No reps to give.

;););)

phill4paul
04-26-2019, 09:19 PM
I did too, there are a few things O-Bro did I actually thought were a good thing. This purist "throw the baby out with the bath water" is ignorant. For me there is both good and bad no matter what the source happens to be.

Trump has been no better or worse than any other president. Unless you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome. If you do you believe he is the white patriarchal nationalist anti-Christ, or something. Bring on 2020. I'm ready for the total meltdown.

ATruepatriot
04-26-2019, 09:27 PM
Trump has been no better or worse than any other president. Unless you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome. If you do you believe he is the white patriarchal nationalist anti-Christ, or something. Bring on 2020. I'm ready for the total meltdown.

There is only one man I have ever put on a pedestal in my life, It isn't God, It isn't Trump, and it wasn't even Ron Paul, He is my Father.

juleswin
04-26-2019, 09:44 PM

Exactly just like Obama, its like the boiling frog fable. Obama and the rest of them slowing turn the heat up just enough to keep us calm until we wake up on morning dead.

This is why their one steps forward three steps backwards annoys me. I wish we can get someone in power that would actually turn the heat off.

phill4paul
04-26-2019, 09:44 PM
There is only one man I have ever put on a pedestal in my life, It isn't God, It isn't Trump, and it wasn't even Ron Paul, He is my Father.

Well, good on ya. Won't criticize you for belief. I got mine and you got yours and as long as we aren't killing each other over it all is good.

phill4paul
04-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Exactly just like Obama, its like the boiling frog fable. Obama and the rest of them slowing turn the heat up just enough to keep us calm until we wake up on morning dead.

This is why their one steps forward three steps backwards annoys me. I wish we can get someone in power that would actually turn the heat off.

LMFAO. Trump ain't no boiling frog. Or haven't you noticed? The heats not off. It's up.

pcosmar
04-26-2019, 09:52 PM
No,, he shut down a threat to MIC Arms Sales.

Still likes Red Flags and parts bans,

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 09:52 PM

Except Trump is lowering the temperature overall.

juleswin
04-26-2019, 09:53 PM
LMFAO. Trump ain't no boiling frog. Or haven't you noticed? The heats not off. It's up.

We are the frog and Trump is the one trying to boil us. I dunno about the heat being turned up, I say the aggregate difference between the 2 presidents is very negligible.

One thing I know is that he aint turning it off

ATruepatriot
04-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Well, good on ya. Won't criticize you for belief. I got mine and you got yours and as long as we aren't killing each other over it all is good.

Actually I must be tired and read what you wrote wrong. I am on your side. I am not against Trump at all, and I'm ready for the crybaby melt down too. I have no clue where I came up with the pedestal thing... lol That's it... Off to bed. :)

TheTexan
04-26-2019, 10:22 PM
"Under my administration we will never surrender American sovereignty to anyone, we will never allow foreign bureaucrats to trample on your Second Amendment freedom

Damn right!! Only domestic bureaucrats are allowed to do that!

pcosmar
04-26-2019, 10:25 PM
Except Trump is lowering the temperature overall.

Actually,, expect the Heat to be turned up to the south as those arms shipments go to South American Wars.

phill4paul
04-26-2019, 11:37 PM
We are the frog and Trump is the one trying to boil us. I dunno about the heat being turned up, I say the aggregate difference between the 2 presidents is very negligible.

One thing I know is that he aint turning it off

We need a good boil. Trump threw some salt in the pot and cranked it up to boil. I am approve.

i am approve,

Matt Collins
04-27-2019, 12:51 AM
Good move on Trump's part, even though he still supports gun control in other areas (bump stock ban and red flag laws)

ProBlue33
04-27-2019, 08:28 AM
So some that are still very opposed to this presidency will say, "yeah well even a broken clock is right twice a day" and disregard it when Trump does something right, that if Ron Paul did it, they would cheering.....I find that sad and intellectually dishonest.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2019, 10:09 AM
He is not an honest broker.

In the corrupt and fetid swamps of DC, maybe that's the only way to get anything done.

Ron is an honest man of rock solid convictions and a dedicated family man and husband.

And he got nowhere.

Matt Collins
04-27-2019, 10:31 AM
In the corrupt and fetid swamps of DC, maybe that's the only way to get anything done.

Ron is an honest man of rock solid convictions and a dedicated family man and husband.

And he got nowhere.Not true...

Ron did get really close to an audit of the Fed, and it will still happen eventually most likely.

But Ron also didn't use proven tactics to win.

This is besides the fact that the federal government is likely beyond repair at this point.

pcosmar
04-27-2019, 10:39 AM

And he got nowhere.

Exactly.
No Honest man ever will...

Therefore if You will worship before me, all will be Yours."

juleswin
04-27-2019, 11:23 AM

And he got nowhere.

My problem is that I think Trump is not being honest with us. You probably see him as a corrupt, flawed man, who even though he pals around with pedophiles, globalists of all kinds(neocons especially), he is not working against our interests. I too would support him if I believed that was the case. I really think he is all styles with no substance, a Mitt Romney with a twist

Swordsmyth
04-27-2019, 02:18 PM
My problem is that I think Trump is not being honest with us. You probably see him as a corrupt, flawed man, who even though he pals around with pedophiles, globalists of all kinds(neocons especially), he is not working against our interests. I too would support him if I believed that was the case. I really think he is all styles with no substance, a Mitt Romney with a twist
That's because you dismiss it every time he does something good.

juleswin
04-27-2019, 02:38 PM
That's because you dismiss it every time he does something good.

You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes, even Obama and Bush gave us something but it still doesn't mean I should cheer when they spare us a few crumbs. Things of the aggregate are getting worse not better.

Swordsmyth
04-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes, even Obama and Bush gave us something but it still doesn't mean I should cheer when they spare us a few crumbs. Things of the aggregate are getting worse not better.
Trump does more good than harm.

juleswin
04-27-2019, 03:19 PM

Just because u post the marginally good stuff he does doesn't mean the majority of em are good

pcosmar
04-27-2019, 03:22 PM

Can't tell,,

This does nothing for me,, nor the millions like me.

and it did nothing for the Gun Ban just passed in Mass.

Does nothing on the Importation Ban,, or "Compliant Parts",,

or anything really.
Disposed of a ghost of a threat that has been used for marketing mostly..