PDA

View Full Version : NH residents upset with RP supporters?

hopeful
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Respecting Santa Time [Jonah Goldberg]

From a reader:

Jonah,

Here's the problem with Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

My family and I were in downtown Milford, NH this past Sunday to see Santa Claus. My wife and I waited in line outside in the town circle with our two daughters for nearly two hours. The line of families was organized, friendly and represented a definite cross section of the community.
It took no time at all for Ron Paul supporters who happened to pass by to swarm to the crowd like bees to honey trying to hand out Ron Paul fact sheets. There was even a stooge with a Ron Paul sandwich board sign walking in circles. I swear these people appeared out of no where.
When one of the Paul supporters approached me and tried to hand me a flyer I politely said, "No thank you." The woman replied with something along the lines of, 'You need to understand what this election means to the future blah, blah blah...'

My slightly loud reply was, "You need to understand that I'm in line with my family, on a Sunday, to meet Santa and Mrs.. Claus with my children. I'm not here talk or think about politics!" To my surprise the crowd around me erupted with applause. The woman continued on down the line trying to hand out her flyers and this time was being met with a lot more, 'No Thank you's'
I'm sorry but these Paul supporters certainly have a knack from rubbing people the wrong way. If they think this type of support is going to help them in the end, good luck.

12/11 09:17 AM

noztnac
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Most Ron Paul supporters are not like those mentioned.

The real scary thing about this article is the obnoxious response to the Ron Paul supporter. He should have just taken the flyer and thrown it in the trash rather than being so hostile towards a patriotic fellow American.

allyinoh
12-13-2007, 07:19 PM
$10 bucks says this woman is a Democrat or a Rudy supporter.

Maybe I am just more understanding, but I have been approached by many people for different things and have just taken what they had to give even if I didn't want it and not made a big deal out of it.

And this is just her story, any back up? I don't believe anything anymore.

noztnac
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
BUMP!

Everone needs to read this.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Common sense is not as common as you think.

user
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I hope most of us do a better job.

integrity
12-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Santa is more important to some sheeple than the future of our country.

Jonah Goldberg is scum..... http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j111102.html

synthetic
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
The source is a neocon establishment magazine. Don't expect any compliments. The agenda is to weaken the grassroots, not encourage it with praise.

jjockers
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
//

propanes
12-13-2007, 08:13 PM
This was discredited in another thread yesterday or the day before.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51477

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, this was discredited...

Some of you peeps shouldn't believe everything you read.;)

Roxi
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
we had a banner wave on the major overpasses today... every third car waved enthusiastically and then honked for like 10 seconds til we couldn't see them... we probably got 200 honks and one F*** Ron paul so yeah there are going to be a few people who don't like our tactics but our numbers say NH loves ron paul

that being said, if someone doesn't want your literature say sorry and walk away.. DONT ATTEMPT TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT WANT

ManicMondayMomma
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
typical American apathy.

voytechs
12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't even think about that BS. Someone sais no, move on. We need to get the name of RP out there. Probably benito supporter or worse. Those who respond like this would never have been turned in any way shape or form, no matter what you do. So just move on and hope for better luck on the next person.

Mental Dribble
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
He belittles a guy walking around with a sandwhich board that was not bothering them at all... he obviously shows his bias by doing that.

Perry
12-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm calling bs on this thread. Even if true this is probably very rare.
I am sceptical of the OP. Let this thread die a lonely death.

sirachman
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM
So a christian holiday is a time for you to put your countrys future out of your mind? The primarys in your state are now in January because of your leadership, if you dont like supporters of a cantidate giving you things then maybe you should do something about it or move. Problem is you would rather complain than take any relavent action.

Chaos Unlimited
12-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Regardless of any discrediting. We need to be polite when representing Ron Paul. Even when I'm just wearing one of my RP shirts I'm extra friendly and polite to people. Be like Ron.

Menthol Patch
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
That person in line who complained was most likely a neo-con or democrat.

Stoli
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Respecting Santa Time [Jonah Goldberg]

From a reader:

Jonah,

Here's the problem with Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

My family and I were in downtown Milford, NH this past Sunday to see Santa Claus. My wife and I waited in line outside in the town circle with our two daughters for nearly two hours. The line of families was organized, friendly and represented a definite cross section of the community.
It took no time at all for Ron Paul supporters who happened to pass by to swarm to the crowd like bees to honey trying to hand out Ron Paul fact sheets. There was even a stooge with a Ron Paul sandwich board sign walking in circles. I swear these people appeared out of no where.
When one of the Paul supporters approached me and tried to hand me a flyer I politely said, "No thank you." The woman replied with something along the lines of, 'You need to understand what this election means to the future blah, blah blah...'

My slightly loud reply was, "You need to understand that I'm in line with my family, on a Sunday, to meet Santa and Mrs.. Claus with my children. I'm not here talk or think about politics!" To my surprise the crowd around me erupted with applause. The woman continued on down the line trying to hand out her flyers and this time was being met with a lot more, 'No Thank you's'
I'm sorry but these Paul supporters certainly have a knack from rubbing people the wrong way. If they think this type of support is going to help them in the end, good luck.

12/11 09:17 AM

Why is this person making a fuss?? If I was standing in line for two hours and someone handed me reading material,I would have taken it to pass the time.
This person in my opinion is a waste of bandwidth. Next time maybe someone will give you a piece of cheese to go with your wine!

ThePieSwindler
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
People: this account was falsified. Stop responding to it as if it is real. There are multiple firsthand accounts that nothing of this nature occured at all, although the one guy did reject the material, there was no "eruption of applause".

crazyfacedjenkins
12-21-2007, 10:48 AM
This is so fucking fake. Just remember to be polite when you canvas. I still don't believe this though.

w2992
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Let it not be said we did nothing.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
12-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Nothing will stop me from spreading the message of freedom to everyone I get a chance to tell about it! I mentioned RP to the guy at sears auto center yesterday where I bought two new tires. I didn't do it in an in-your-face manner.

Also, I fail to see what the problem was here? RP people were passing out fliers? O no! A woman thinks that this hurts RP? Some people still haven't even heard of RP GIVE EVERYONE YOU MEET A SLIMJIM IF YOU CAN. Most people will not be so ridiculous as to raise a raucous and get the crowd's clapping support. Who cares what this one lady did? Not to mention even RP name getting mentioned in a bad light for having too overzealous supporters can't be that bad for the campaign.

I for one refuse to sit idly by and do nothing.

P.S. YOUTUBE IT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

AAjax
12-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, this tactic is being used quite heavily on Digg. Detractors either posing as "former" Rp supporters (check their profile, never had a good word to say about RP)
Or those posing as current supporters pleading for people to tone it down (again check their profiles) This is an attempt to marginalize the message by attacking those who wish to spread it.
People, revolutions are not PC.... If we miss this opportunity to change peacefully...we will have very few options to choose from.

noztnac
12-25-2007, 06:46 PM
We have entered a new era in misinformation. Misinformation is more common now that information.

Alex Libman
12-25-2007, 07:10 PM
New Hampshire is the state chosen by the Free State Project AND a first-in-the-nation primary election state. Don't like it, move to Taxachusetts or Cuba or whatnot!

Bob Spruill
12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
I would not like to be called on my phone by RP supporters in person, much less bot calls. It would not end my support, but it would piss me off. That sort of thing is happening and I think it is obnoxious and hurts our cause.

I don't find it hard to believe that people who would bother me at home on my phone would also harrass my family in a Santa line. But, on the other hand, handing out reading material to people standing in a line can hardly be considered harrassment.

True or not, this story sends a valid message. You don't win people over to your side by treating them with contempt.

I think most Ron Paul supporters naturally understand that, if we didn't we would probably be supporting someone else.

I figure that story is probably not true. But still, we can use it as an educational tool on what NOT to do. (like phone calls !, I purely despise the asses that use my phone, in my home, to serve their purpose, at my expence, I hate them)

jenninlouisiana
12-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Don't feed it.

shadow26
12-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't feed it.

Those people at the sign wave in Manchester the other day looked REAL UPSET with Paul supporters. I'm SURE that's why they bought those Paul supporters donuts, coffee, and tea...real angry, I'm sure. What claptrap.

Bob Spruill
12-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Don't feed it.

LOL, I'm not a troll, I just don't like phone calls.

Most people don't. Is there anyone that likes having to drop what they are doing to answer the phone ?

And then they get a political message. All that does is make people angry. It is the essence of treating them with contempt of their time and privacy.

Get off the phones !

gold standard
12-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Bob,

Just because your phone rings does not require you to answer it. I certainly don't bother to answer my phone when I am busy doing something. Just a friendly suggestion I'm not trying to bust your balls. I don't answer my phone at least half the time.

Man from La Mancha
12-26-2007, 02:59 AM
LOL, I'm not a troll, I just don't like phone calls.

Most people don't. Is there anyone that likes having to drop what they are doing to answer the phone ?

And then they get a political message. All that does is make people angry. It is the essence of treating them with contempt of their time and privacy.

Get off the phones !Extremely easy for me, I got a $20 answering machine and put it on speaker and screen all my calls. I pick up for family or friends. No problem.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-28-2007, 01:55 AM
allyinoh is right. This guy could simply be a person who wants to make Ron Paul supporters seem like extremist crazies!

colin1
12-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Wow, an unsubstantiated and unsourced "story" from a war-mongering, neo-conservative hack. If Jonah could get away with it, he'd write about a "friend" from New Hampshire who personally witnessed Ron Paul supporters drowning kittens. Give me a break folks. I love watching the desperation dripping from the brows of neo-cons! I'm trying to head to New Hampshire this week to support campaign. Go Ron!

rockwell
12-28-2007, 07:52 AM
http://lonestartimes.com/images/Benzion/jonah_goldberg_in_car.jpg

I AM JONAH GOLDBERG, POLITICAL PUNDIT, FEAR ME PEONS.

all4one
12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
http://lonestartimes.com/images/Benzion/jonah_goldberg_in_car.jpg

I AM JONAH GOLDBERG, POLITICAL PUNDIT, FEAR ME PEONS.

You and your fellow theorists are so right, bro! Keep spreading the word...:rolleyes: 9/11 was an inside job, every live TV shot was faked and the evil neocons brought down the towers just to give their master plan (invading Iraq) some validity.

Please.

makrothymia
01-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I agree there is are common sense boundaries, but our country is in a terrible economic crisis that come next year, you may not want to visit Santa. this is the reason why this race has become one of the most important elections of our lifetime. we need to put things into perspective from both ends.

thoughtbombing
01-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Maybe I am just more understanding, but I have been approached by many people for different things and have just taken what they had to give even if I didn't want it and not made a big deal out of it.

And this is just her story, any back up? I don't believe anything anymore.

Umm, I'd have tried again as well.. if I just said "Thanks anyway" every time one of my stupid ass neighbors told me no, my entire neighborhood may not be filled with Lawn signs...

Instead, I organized neighborhood straw polls(for Republicans AND Dems... all were invited to discuss politics and speak about their guy... I just have a good speaker come in for Ron Paul and take apart the other speakers one by one...)

150 people came... 112 Ron Paul Yard signs handed out. It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.

Soccrmastr
01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Bull shit. These people are in NEW HAMPSHIRE. It's always like this every 4 years, it's expected, and if they dont like it then move.

amistybleu
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Old story, move on.

MCockerill08
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes, but there are lessons to be learned from it.
Never force RP upon others, just try to get the name out.

MooCowzRock
01-06-2008, 03:28 PM

Oooorrrrr....some people have lives and dont follow politics every minute every day. Its important and all, but so it eating...yet people dont eat CONSTANTLY, now do they? Those that do, find themselves overweight.

knappz
01-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Oooorrrrr....some people have lives and dont follow politics every minute every day. Its important and all, but so it eating...yet people dont eat CONSTANTLY, now do they? Those that do, find themselves overweight.

With all due respect, this kind of logic is why we're all in deep shit.

rtil
01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Please people, lets not dwell on this story about ONE PERSON. Start writing letters, making calls, and saving your precinct for Ron Paul!

StarKissed
01-07-2008, 05:59 AM
But, if you can find the original post/letter, maybe someone could post an apology for being so overzealous?

Anyway, I came into your forum to invite you to take part in a positive energy thing I want to do on Tuesday before, and during the election. If you know other meetups you are welcome to fill them in for this too.

I have a thread in "Winning NH" titled "Law of Attraction" if you'd like to see what I'm talking about.

I will be posting more later this eve about it.

Thanks,
Connie

michinNH
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
It was all BS the guy was not being honest.. It is very old news....

Hancock1776
01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
They're not just frustrated with us Paul supporters. They've been getting phone calls, flyers, knocks on the door, and they've been seeing ads on TV and radio for weeks now and if I were them I'd be sick of it. It's bad enough in my own area (in Indiana) during just one Congressional race!

People are understandably sick of being campaigned at. That's why I stuck to passive sign-waving on Sunday rather than bother people at home.

Live free or Die!

D B Branyers
01-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking a hands off approach may be the route to go from here on out. Being obnoxious doesn't gain us any favor. I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul's name is out now, despite the media's attempts at silencing him. Perhaps we just need to let the man work his magic?

I think the best we can do at this point is demonstrate to the people that his campaign is indeed viable by continuing to make donations. People will know Paul means business when he outlasts his opponents.

Airborn
01-08-2008, 07:58 AM
What is the deal with all the negative posts from people with single digits post counts, do they sign up just to post negative stuff..

TuningIn
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I read a post once that was supposedly by a waiter who claimed he was applauded for harassing a breastfeeding woman. People add on the applause to give their "argument" more weight.

Freedom4theWorld
01-08-2008, 10:28 PM
if the ppl dont understand the situation, and still want to b in line for Santa,
well then u cant do anything about it
maybe they'd b also first in the line to get microchipped
and they'll say again
"i'm here to get microchipped on a sunday,with my family,
i dont want to hear about poiltics and my freedom"
let them be

jcarcinogen
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Live Free or Diebold!

1000-points-of-fright
01-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Hurray! I sold my child into a lifetime of indentured servitude because a nerd annoyed me!

derdy
01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I remember reading this when it first came out and I stand by what I said the first time: The person complaining has a HUGE stick up their ass.

dkim68
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Nah. She'll vote Edwards or Romney. Whoever she thinks is cuter. Cuz that's what's important, right? :rolleyes:

Joe3113
01-09-2008, 03:13 AM
If she knew her kids won't have a Country she would care.

dawnbt
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM

Great catch!

Crickett
01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
This is so fucking fake. Just remember to be polite when you canvas. I still don't believe this though.

Oh yeah, it is real..I read it about a month ago. I am sure people get bummed from time to time with candidate supporters of all sorts. We have to remember we are trying to change people's minds here, or encourage them to check out more. If not interested we have to be sensitive.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Santa is a lie......

Ron Paul offers the Truth......

What's not to be excited about???????