PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Gum needs you! [Poll included]

GregVernon
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Hello guys,

Well, it's been about a week since I first posted the plug for my latest project: Ron Paul Gum. Since that time, the response has been, well, less than spectacular. Since that time much has progressed, our graphic designer has been very busy and has produced some nice gum wrapper designs, among other things. We have no intention of abandoning the project.

There has been suggestions that would make more people support it. Currently, we accept donations then hand out the Ron Paul promoting gum to meetup groups - for free. Many, many, people have wanted the ability to just purchase the gum for themselves and meetup groups, rather than donate into the 'community chest.'

So the question is: would you rather donate to provide free gum to meetup groups or purchase gum for yourself (or meetup group)?

Thanks,
Greg Vernon

Ron Paul Gum is a program to provide free gum to meetup groups nationwide, funded by donors nationwide. More information about Ron Paul Gum can be found on our website: http://www.ronpaulgum.info

Ron Paul Gum is a product of LibertyChew PAC

EDIT: It should be noted that these aren't the normal "5 stick" packs of gum, they are the "eclipse" style packaging. Here is a sample pack provided by our vendor next to an "eclipse" package: http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii285/ronpaulgum/1213071611.jpg

StateofTrance
12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Whenever I buy a pack of gum, I open the wrapper, eat the gum and throw the wrapper into a bin.

GregVernon
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Whenever I buy a pack of gum, I open the wrapper, eat the gum and throw the wrapper into a bin.

I should have mentioned, these aren't the normal "5 stick" packs, they are the "eclipse" style packaging. The wrapper is more of a box or sleeve. Here is a sample pack provided by our vendor next to an "eclipse" package: http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii285/ronpaulgum/1213071611.jpg

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I think free hookers would be better than free gum.

GregVernon
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I think free hookers would be better than free gum.

Once Ron decriminalizes it, we'll make sure to do that for the reelection campaign :)

GregVernon
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
bump

GregVernon
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Again, bump

mdh
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
This is pretty effective for being such a low-cost solution. The gum comes in a neat little cardboard box and not just a wrapper, so you can't just toss it. Besides, hopefully grassroots folks would be whipping out the boxes conspicuously to offer free gum to everyone they meet. Beyond that, people like GOP EC folks and undeclared delegates in WV for example, would be good targets for a free full pack.

Chester Copperpot
12-14-2007, 01:13 AM
just let people buy the gum.. this whole movement supports free marketing.. we dont want anybody handing out free gum to our groups.. we just want to buy it for our groups. etc..

my opinion but im sure I speak for more than I

mdh
12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
just let people buy the gum.. this whole movement supports free marketing.. we dont want anybody handing out free gum to our groups.. we just want to buy it for our groups. etc..

my opinion but im sure I speak for more than I

I tend to agree. The difficult part is that you have to order in bulk to get it at a decent price from the manufacturer.

I think we should go ahead and offer people to either *buy* gum or *contribute* gum. Seems a bit more logical. Then people can choose to either have it delivered to them, or to dedicated grassroots activists who ask for it. Everyone can put in the money up front so that when we reach the minimum to order it, we can go ahead and order and ship.

Thoughts?

Revolution9
12-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Good idea.. and a collectors piece for Antiques Road Show 2112 Edition. I think contributions could go towards free distribution to requesters of "charitable packs".. Others could buy at a minor markup which recycles back into the contributors pool.

Best
Randy

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Good idea.. and a collectors piece for Antiques Road Show 2112 Edition. I think contributions could go towards free distribution to requesters of "charitable packs".. Others could buy at a minor markup which recycles back into the contributors pool.

Best
Randy

I personally am in favor of something like that. We had a large discussion on how to best raise funds for, and distribute, the gum. The way we are doing things now, by donations, is a result of that. Unfortunately, market forces proved that the populace isn't in favor of the current solution.

ThePieSwindler
12-14-2007, 02:15 AM
This is actually a really good idea, in my opinion. wish you had thought of it sooner!

RonPaulFever
12-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Does the gum taste like freedom?

McDermit
12-14-2007, 02:36 AM
I'd roll out a pre-order page asap.

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
This is actually a really good idea, in my opinion. wish you had thought of it sooner!
Thanks! I wish I could take credit for the idea, but, that would be lying. Pupnik (Arnim Sauerbier, from Germany) thought of the idea.

Does the gum taste like freedom?
Actually, it takes like peppermint. But I think it really is a nice metaphor for the Paul campaign, the gum is xylitol based so it will clean your teeth. Ron Paul will clean the whitehouse.

I'd roll out a pre-order page asap.
Will do. Expect one soon.

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
It seems that about 1/2 of those voted don't want the gum, any suggestions to make it better?

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Bump

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I wish I had something more exciting to say rather than just "bump"

Edit: Oh wait, I do: keep voting! I would like to get as much feedback as possible!

GregVernon
12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Any other thoughts?

Revolution9
12-14-2007, 11:48 PM
It seems that about 1/2 of those voted don't want the gum, any suggestions to make it better?

Hi Greg.. Ignore them.. I do not know why someone would chime in like that except to be a condescending jerk.. Who gives a fuck if yer whiney ass don't want some gum. Maybe we can use a wad and stick their forehead to the ceiling with it since their nose is so goldanged high in the air to begin with.

Just get it done Greg.. They will come. This is a collectors item..Just look at some of the schtick they had going on in previous campaigns throughout American history..
http://www.loriferber.com/?gclid=CMD52uzKqZACFUtyOAod2RJHMw

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
12-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Any other thoughts?

Get the site up for orders and state a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity kitty to provide gum to requesters. Folks who may have a big gun show or similar and are just short on cash. Door to door canvassing groups. Kids like it..moms like it too. For those of you that get computer caused neck pain..chewing gum will take the pressure and distribute it more evenly.

You seem like a pretty cool fellow. Don;t let the jerks around here give you any negative buzz. Every effort is good. We are all drops of water pushing for the burst of the dam.. You never know which drop will be the one to cause the crashing down and release of all that pent up volume of flow.

Best Regards
Randy

Corydoras
12-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I do not know why someone would chime in like that except to be a condescending jerk.. Who gives a fuck if yer whiney ass don't want some gum.

Obviously Greg was interested in finding out if people don't want any, because he entered it as a poll answer option.

Roxi
12-15-2007, 12:08 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6735/rpgumsmallec4.png

these are awesome

Abobo
12-15-2007, 12:17 AM
If people are going to purchase the gum would it be possible for someone give the money up front and then recover part of it as people purchased the gum?

GregVernon
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
First, I would like to thank all the people who have voted in the poll so far, and would like to encourage those who haven't voted yet to do so!

Second, I noticed there were a few comments and questions about the Gum since I last logged in. I apologize for the long delay in answering those questions. Then I would like to apologize in advance for delaying even longer. I am doing some unexpected traveling over the weekend and will be unavailable until Sunday evening.

I will answer the questions then! (Or sooner depending on if I can find a WiFi hotspot)

GregVernon
12-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Happy December 16th!

Obviously Greg was interested in finding out if people don't want any, because he entered it as a poll answer option.
Yes, I was. I wasn't expecting that percentage to be so high. Which is why I would like to know why people wouldn't purchase the item.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6735/rpgumsmallec4.png

these are awesome
Thanks! The final design may not look like that, but we liked it too :)

If people are going to purchase the gum would it be possible for someone give the money up front and then recover part of it as people purchased the gum?

Most likely, but right now I'd be hesitant to do something like this, simply because of the poll results so far.