PDA

View Full Version : Who did you support before supporting Ron Paul?

barcop
12-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I had no interest at all in this election.. until I found out about Ron Paul.

integrity
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
ted Kaczynski

silverhandorder
I liked McCain until amnesty.

CoreyBowen999
Proud to say this will be the first time in my 14 years of life to support a candidate xD

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Mike Huckabee

Mandrik
12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
No one. I didn't like any candidates until I saw Ron Paul in action.

Melissa
12-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I was kinda listening to Biden --Liked what I heard in the Debates from him then got on line to look him up found Dr. Paul and it was love at first site

Jon S
i was planning on waiting until i saw who each party nominated then going either with whichever one i liked or going third party.

TheNewYorker
I liked Rudy Giuliani. Wouldn't call myself a supporter, but I wanted him to win though. Anyone but Hillary or Obama. This was before I knew he was anti gun rights and a crossdresser, else I would probably have wanted Romney to win.

Then I heard about Ron Paul. And everything he said just made plain sense. Everything he proposed was very logical.

gornandez@yahoo.com
Doug Stanhope, the comedian, as Libertarian party candidate.... he was supposed to run and just f*&k s&*t up and point out how messed up the system is but because of FEC rules he couldnt even get started.
Ron is much better, im glad he came along

yongrel
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Clever Hans

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Why can't I spam this poll?

lynnf
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I had no interest at all in this election.. until I found out about Ron Paul.

I was wandering around aimlessly, watching the Constitution being dismantled and diluted piece by piece, until I had an epiphany..... ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Ron
Paul cares about the Constitution and he has a long record of supporting it! voila!
there was no other choice!

lynn

Dan D.
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Ron Paul since January, and I've been saying he should run for President since '05. Been following him since I first heard about him in 2003.

MRoCkEd
12-13-2007, 07:19 PM
i didnt know any candidates except who rudy and mccain were
and then when rudy did his "thats an extraordinary statement" response, i was like, "who was that guy at the end?"

i "googled" ron paul and liked what i saw

Delaware
I was goin for Tom Tancredo until i heard about Ron Paul and did some research.

dircha
Before I found out about Ron Paul I spent a lot of time participating in the Mike Huckabee grassroots community:

http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/

While they don't compare in terms of Ron Paul grassroots, they do have a very strong community over there and they are passionate about Mike Huckabee and the future of this country.

Stop by and drop them a line. I still chat there from time to time. They allow supporters of other candidates to participate.

majinkoola
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Pat Buchanan. It's the first presidential election I can vote in and I was going to write him in.

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Before I found out about Ron Paul I spent a lot of time participating in the Mike Huckabee grassroots community:

http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/

While they don't compare in terms of Ron Paul grassroots, they do have a very strong community over there and they are passionate about Mike Huckabee and the future of this country.

Stop by and drop them a line. I still chat there from time to time. They allow supporters of other candidates to participate.

Now that is funny. I get banned when I mention RP there.:D They are very shifty non humor characters also.

forsmant
12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I would have choose to abstain from the election along with 100 million other Americans. The popular vote is for nobody to be president, nobody to be congressmen, and nobody to be governor. They just keep pretending to be in charge anyway.

SonicInfinity
12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Nobody. Didn't care for anybody until I saw Ron Paul.

Copperhed51
12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
WHAT?!?!?! There were no Sam "Squinty" Brownback supporters?!?!?!?! I can't believe this.

mavtek
12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Never voted, never cared, until Ron paul

inibo
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Before Ron Paul announced he was running I was for None of the Above.

gtjwkq
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Bush.

0zzy
12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Barrack Obama.

honkywill
12-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Every time I see one of these polls in the forums it seems there is an even number of republicans and democrats and independents.

Which really makes me laugh at the polls they use to dismiss him.

quickmike
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Last person I supporter was Badnarik in 04. Since then, its been Ron all the way. Never had a question in my mind who I was supporting when I found out RP was running.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I am a New Zealander. I had no interest in the election until I saw "Google Ron Paul" on someone's car, pulled out my iPhone and did just that. I saw that he had an iPhone specific website (you can only see it on an iPhone), and from that point I knew I had to check the guy out. Within hours I was sold. I now work bloody hard for your freedoms. And mine :)

dsentell
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
I was goin for Tom Tancredo until i heard about Ron Paul and did some research.

Same here.

TwinTurboMike
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Barack Obama, then I wised up and discovered Paul. Now I think a backup plan would be Dennis Kucinich, but he'll more than likely drop out before Paul I'd think.

Funny thing, a VERY long time ago, I remember someone posting something about not being able to post a message on MySpace about Ron Paul. I had no clue who Ron Paul was, and didn't really care. I did think that it was kind of shady though and watched a video of the censorship live in action. Sometime later, I noticed a tidalwave of support for Paul on Digg or something, and then I was intrigued. Now I know what all of the noise is about. I will forever be much more responsible and better informed about the candidates before jumping on-board with any of them.

quickmike
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
If Ron wasnt running, I would have just ignored politics all together this year and not even cared who won whether it be a dem or republican.

Now I realize my destiny. Im not trying to sound all dramatic when I say that, but it really got me to realize that there are TONS of other people out there that feel the same way I do. After this election, whether Ron becomes president or not, I know this wont end with just Ron getting in the whitehouse, because even if/when he does, we all know that we can start other forums and spread the ideas of freedom and make this into a huge movement that will grow every year.

Oh yeah, I amost forgot........... BLOW ME!!

JK:D

This thing doesnt stop here, it doesnt stop with this election.

RedLightning
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Pretty much ron from the beginning though I had been looking at tancredo.

Minlawc
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I really didn't know many of the candidates, so I went to good old Wikipedia and searched through the candidates. Found Ron Paul interesting, (this was before the mini-biography they have on there now) so I youtubed him.

davidhperry
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
I really wasn't paying much attention but I would have probably voted for Fred Thompson solely because he's from Tennessee and it might have benefited our state in some way to have a TN President. Needless to say, my "support" for him was quite weak.

Goldwater Conservative
12-14-2007, 01:05 AM
I thought there was a chance I'd like Thompson, but that never materialized (aside from me liking him as a humorous dude). When I heard Paul was running, I couldn't believe it since I'd known about and liked him for a few years but never thought he'd try something as daunting as taking on the neo-con establishment. I re-registered Republican (from independent, I had given up on the GOP for a while) just to vote for him.

Eric23
12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Joe Biden.

TheIndependent
12-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Ron Paul since before he announced. It was a moment I'd been waiting years for.

BuddyRey
12-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Mike Gravel. In fact, I still love Gravel and wish him success, but, sadly, I don't think his campaign is going very well.

Cindy
12-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Whoever the Green Party nominee was. Then, a man named Ron Paul entered my life and everything changed.