PDA

View Full Version : Trump Vetoes Resolution to End US Involvement in Yemen

axiomata
04-16-2019, 06:27 PM
President Trump vetoed a resolution on Tuesday that would have concluded American support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen.

"This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future."
— President Trump

The backdrop: The measure passed the House earlier in April and the Senate in March. Congress does not have the votes to override this decision. This is the second veto of Trump's presidency. Per the Washington Post, April's House vote represented the first time both the House and Senate called for the same resolution to cut off American military presence in a foreign conflict.

TheCount
04-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Gee, this must really be a surprise to the true believers, if any, who still retain the belief that he is a non-interventionist bent on withdrawing us from conflict.

acptulsa
04-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Gee, this must really be a surprise to the true believers, if any, who still retain the belief that he is a non-interventionist bent on withdrawing us from conflict.

You mean the ones who stick their two cents in every single thread on this forum--except this one?

Origanalist
04-16-2019, 06:44 PM
25 G chess, and for his next inscrutable chess move, he won't pardon Assange.

TheCount
04-16-2019, 06:46 PM
You mean the ones who stick their two cents in every single thread on this forum--except this one?

They will stop avoiding the thread as soon as one of the high priests of Trump interprets the mysteries of their Orange God for them.

Peace Piper
04-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Trump - just another pathetic con man.

Tulsi has no problem demanding an end to the illegal, immoral and unconstitutional war in Yemen and everywhere else.

Did you vote for war in Yemen? Syria?

Trillions of dollars pissed away. Trump said he'd end it but surely by now everyone can see he's a filthy 2 bit liar.

BONUS TWEET

The MOST IMPORTANT THING RIGHT NOW IS TO STOP THIS GD MADNESS

Who's talking about doing just that?

#TULSI2020

Watch her kick ass at the debate and thanks to those who made it possible

Swordsmyth
04-16-2019, 07:04 PM

Tulsi has no problem demanding an end to the illegal, immoral and unconstitutional war in Yemen and everywhere else.

Trillions of dollars pissed away. Trump said he'd end it but surely by now everyone can see he's a filthy 2 bit liar.

BONUS TWEET

#TULSI2020

Tulsi would have done this.

She votes for all the wars she speaks against.

specsaregood
04-16-2019, 07:09 PM
Trump is such a cuck.

oyarde
04-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Trump is such a cuck.

I do not understand it . It makes no sense . There is nothing to gain .

Superfluous Man
04-16-2019, 07:20 PM

They will call it a head fake. And they will think it's brilliant.

oyarde
04-16-2019, 07:20 PM

I actually expect her to be much worse .

Swordsmyth
04-16-2019, 07:22 PM
I actually expect her to be much worse .
Undoubtedly.

TheCount
04-16-2019, 07:36 PM

Hillary would have vetoed the bill twice.

RonZeplin
04-16-2019, 07:38 PM
The customers are lined up at Donnell's Arms Bazaar.

https://static01.********/images/2018/03/23/us/politics/23dc-arms-1/merlin_135761385_4525d488-1d28-4cf9-afc1-acb7746ec157-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Swordsmyth
04-16-2019, 07:38 PM
Hillary would have vetoed the bill twice.
No, she would have started two more wars instead.

Anti Globalist
04-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Am I supposed to be shocked?

Brian4Liberty
04-16-2019, 07:58 PM
So hard to throw away that one ring of power. At the very least, his advisers should have been comforted by Sec. 2.

SEC. 2. RULE OF CONSTRUCTION REGARDING CONTINUED MILITARY OPERATIONS
AND COOPERATION WITH ISRAEL.

Nothing in this joint resolution shall be construed to influence or
disrupt any military operations and cooperation with Israel.

TheCount
04-16-2019, 08:29 PM
No, she would have started two more wars instead.

And both of them would have been World War III.

Swordsmyth
04-16-2019, 08:33 PM
And both of them would have been World War III.
They very well might have merged and turned into WWIII

EBounding
04-16-2019, 08:49 PM
Trump is a fairly conventional Republican president policy wise.

dannno
04-16-2019, 09:05 PM
So hard to throw away that one ring of power. At the very least, his advisers should have been comforted by Sec. 2.

So the bill would have done nothing, except to ally us more closely with Israel?

dannno
04-16-2019, 09:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif

UWDude
04-16-2019, 09:06 PM

This was the first time I have ever seen congress able to muster up enough votes to pass a joint resolution to end foreign entanglement.
They have loved every other single one.

It is illusion America is Israel's bitch. Cold hard truth is Israel is a bastion set up by the crusaders, and the crusades never ended. Israel is a tool for "the west" to penetrate deeper into Muslim lands, and hold the holy city. Three blue and white flags, fake states made by "them" after world war 2.

Ahh, how Notre Dame burned, and the outrage and blame to go around! Muslims for sure, especially since all those other church attacks, they agree.

How many priceless mosques were destroyed by American wars in the middle east? Where were the tears and hymns then?

Honk Honk mother fuckers!!

Yeah, Trump said from the start he loved Israel, hated Iran, blah blah blah. So that means loves Saudi Arabia by proxy.

What are the Sunnis and Shiites fighting over, really? Power. Power for what? More power. For what? To be the one to take out Israel.
Friendly friendly! All buds now? Divide and conquer? Forgot who they were really fighting?

UWDude
04-16-2019, 09:11 PM

His tactics are unconventional, but his policies have been average republican.

Well fuck, I guess I have to choose about living in a Nation with a million hate speech laws passed by 2024 by some open borders neocon, or just another neocon.

In other words, back to the same ol' same ol'.

Kim Jung Un would be wise to tell Trump to fuck off, he is keeping the nukes.

pcosmar
04-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Yeah,, I saw that.

Not unexpected,, Still arranging the seating for WWIII.

there has to be places for everyone.

:(

enhanced_deficit
04-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Trump Puts Iran in His Crosshairs as Yemen Bleeds
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533485-Concerns-Trump-administration-may-be-laying-legal-groundwork-for-military-action-against-Iran&p=6782681&viewfull=1#post6782681

However, extreme GOP wing hardliners like Coulter should not be allowed to use recent "surprises" to support her disrespectful claim that MAGA was "scamming the stupidest people among his supporters".

pcosmar
04-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Trump Puts Iran in His Crosshairs

That would do it...
The end of a superpower and destruction of the US.

I have stated repeatedly the Total Stupidity of attacking Iran.

Trump might be stupid enough to do it.

tfurrh
04-16-2019, 09:35 PM

BONUS TWEET

#TULSI2020

GD promise you if she became president she'd bomb anyone and everyone they tell her to.

Warlord
04-16-2019, 09:43 PM
I hate John Bolton. This is a serious setback.

enhanced_deficit
04-16-2019, 09:49 PM
I hate John Bolton. This is a serious setback.

I'm more disappointed in the intimidating guy who forced fearless MAGA to appoint him. Bold leadership was one of his greatest traits and they could not let it stand.

CCTelander
04-16-2019, 10:02 PM
So, once again Trump proves that he's exactly the sociopathic authoritarian many of us have been warning he is from the beginning. And once again his supporters around here will bend over, grab their ankles and say "Thank you sir, may I have another!" SSDD

Yawn.

Firestarter
04-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Yesterday Donald Trump used the second veto of his presidency against the resolution to stop US support for the war, genocide against Yemen.

This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future.
https://archive.is/B3eJw/0d0638c45d4cfdd0e0720200d9ed9fc6e4ecd804.png

Trump claims that the US is “not engaged in hostilities in or affecting Yemen” except “counterterrorism operations against [Al-Qaeda] in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS”. Nor are any US military personnel “commanding, participating in, or accompanying” forces of the coalition operating in Yemen.
If so why would he block it as Al Qaeda is exempted?!?

Trump claims that the US only provides “limited support” to the coalition, “including intelligence sharing, logistics support, and, until recently, in-flight refueling” .
President Donald also pointed out that the resolution would hurt relations with foreign powers and "its efforts to curtail certain forms of military support would harm our bilateral relationships, negatively affect our ongoing efforts to prevent civilian casualties and prevent the spread of terrorist organizations such as al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS, and embolden Iran's malign activities in Yemen".

Sen. Bernie Sanders tweeted:
The people of Yemen desperately need humanitarian help, not more bombs. I am disappointed, but not surprised, that Trump has rejected the bi-partisan resolution to end U.S. involvement in the horrific war in Yemen.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called on Trump to:
advance an enduring solution to end this crisis and save lives.
The conflict in Yemen is a horrific humanitarian crisis that challenges the conscience of the entire world. Yet the President has cynically chosen to contravene a bipartisan, bicameral vote of the Congress and perpetuate America’s shameful involvement in this heartbreaking crisis.

Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have already died due to starvation with another 90,000 as a direct result of the bombs: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/16/donald-trump-veto-resolution-yemen-war/3491383002/

RonZeplin
04-17-2019, 09:40 AM
April 16, 2019, a busy day of sucking up to Saudi-Israel at the White House.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/themes/whitehouse/assets/img/white-house-logo-sm-bl.png
(https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-education-sharing-day-u-s-2019/)

Proclamation on Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A., 2019 (https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-education-sharing-day-u-s-2019/)

Education (https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/)

Issued on: April 16, 2019

A strong republic requires a people abounding in knowledge, which forges the character of the citizenry and its chosen representatives. Through study of the thoughts and discoveries of others, citizens enhance their shared understanding of who they are and who they want to be. Education and Sharing Day affords an important opportunity to reaffirm our belief that educational freedom is essential to our society and to the growth of individuals.

On this day, we recognize Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the Lubavitcher Rebbe, whose very name signifies a spirit of comfort and compassion and a commitment to the betterment of America and the world. In the face of unspeakable tragedy, Rabbi Schneerson championed the teaching of principles of scholarship, justice, charity, and unity, launching an international movement that continues to contribute to the progress of humanity. The Rebbe believed that education is not only about the transmission of knowledge but that it is also integral to the formation of character. He sought to expand freedom in education while finding common ground with those of differing beliefs and backgrounds. His unfailing example offered those around him an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the inherent connections between knowledge, character, and freedom.

We must encourage institutions of higher learning to resist calls to stifle the open debate that is crucial to fostering freedom and social understanding. Genuine education depends on the free sharing of thought. That is why I recently signed an Executive Order to improve free inquiry, transparency, and accountability at colleges and universities.

Today, we honor the Rebbe’s legacy by recommitting ourselves to embracing lifelong learning, defending freedom of expression, and upholding virtue. As Americans, let us strive to listen to each other’s perspectives, learn from one another’s experiences, and gain a deeper appreciation for the exchange of competing views to develop our character as citizens of a great republic.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 16, 2019, as “Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A.” I call upon government officials, educators, volunteers, and all the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
fifteenth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.

DONALD J. TRUMP

dannno
04-17-2019, 09:48 AM
So the bill would have done nothing, except to ally us more closely with Israel?

Wow, the anti-Trumpers here are so pathetic.

First they claim I won't show up in their special little thread.

Then when I do, and I completely demolish them, they pretend my post doesn't exist.. nobody argues against it. They just keep droning on.

dannno
04-17-2019, 09:49 AM
The most pathetic thing is that if Trump had done what the bill said, by some sort of Executive Order or special declaration, these anti-Trumpers would make precisely the same argument I did and say that it means nothing, or actually makes us worse off.

Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

Not to say I'm surprised.

asurfaholic
04-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Wow, the anti-Trumpers here are so pathetic.

First they claim I won't show up in their special little thread.

Then when I do, and I completely demolish them, they pretend my post doesn't exist.. nobody argues against it. They just keep droning on.

But that was besides the point. More shows that the joint resolution was a dog and pony show that did nothing. But trump instead of taking any, even if only symbolic step towards ending military involvements vetos it not on the grounds that it doesn’t do enough, but that (fear, boogity, and muh authority) and all that.

The point is that he wants to continue military conflict.

Superfluous Man
04-17-2019, 10:14 AM
I hate John BoltonDonald Trump. This is a serious setback.

Fixed.

dannno
04-17-2019, 10:20 AM
But that was besides the point. More shows that the joint resolution was a dog and pony show that did nothing. But trump instead of taking any, even if only symbolic step towards ending military involvements vetos it not on the grounds that it doesn’t do enough, but that (fear, boogity, and muh authority) and all that.

The point is that he wants to continue military conflict.

Uh, ya, that's my entire point.. if Trump took a purely symbolic step toward ending military conflict, then all the anti-Trumpers are going to come out and whine and say it means nothing and he doesn't want to end military conflict. When he vetoes a bill that does the same thing, they also all come out to whine. In other words, they are whiners, and that is all they are good for.

The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently and he hasn't started any wars with any new countries.. He has been fighting actual terrorists (ISIS) instead of funding them.. Which on the whole is a lot more than what we can say for our last two Presidents. He also wants to end the war in Afghanistan.

Obviously it isn't all we hoped for, but it is a lot better than having a President who doesn't push back against the deep state at all..

ATruepatriot
04-17-2019, 10:30 AM
What I find fascinating is that after all these years we have learned absolutely nothing. Has anyone read this entire resolution to see if there are any traps in it? Or if there are any last minute amendments or riders associated with it? If there is anything I learned from Ron Paul is not to accept MSM propaganda shoved at us until all elements are thoroughly investigated in depth. Look at how many times they bagged on Ron and presented his votes and actions completely out of context when in reality there was stuff hidden we couldn't see. Until someone reads every word of everything attached to this resolution, they have no right to judge decisions and choices, There very well could have been one hell of a trap associated with it we don't know about.

When Congress actually agrees on something like this with bipartisanship be wary... Be very wary... Because despite what they say and claim, both sides are hypocritical pawns for the MIC and the new world order. While they show one hand, always check to see what the other hand is doing too before trusting their actions and words. We should have learned this from Ron already.

kona
04-17-2019, 10:51 AM
No libertarian, non-interventionist, or anti-war person believes Trump on this anymore. The "I told you so" was appropriate in year one, not year three.

The haters here are preaching to the fox news crowd, which doesn't exist on this forum. And to be honest, non-interventionism was never important to them anyway.

EBounding
04-17-2019, 10:56 AM

nikcers
04-17-2019, 11:31 AM
No libertarian, non-interventionist, or anti-war person believes Trump on this anymore. The "I told you so" was appropriate in year one, not year three.

The haters here are preaching to the fox news crowd, which doesn't exist on this forum. And to be honest, non-interventionism was never important to them anyway.

This is Obama's war and how can Trump be allowed to start a war with Iran if Obama can't have his war.

AngryCanadian
04-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Yesterday Donald Trump used the second veto of his presidency against the resolution to stop US support for the war, genocide against Yemen.

https://archive.is/B3eJw/0d0638c45d4cfdd0e0720200d9ed9fc6e4ecd804.png

Trump claims that the US is “not engaged in hostilities in or affecting Yemen” except “counterterrorism operations against [Al-Qaeda] in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS”. Nor are any US military personnel “commanding, participating in, or accompanying” forces of the coalition operating in Yemen.
If so why would he block it as Al Qaeda is exempted?!?

Trump claims that the US only provides “limited support” to the coalition, “including intelligence sharing, logistics support, and, until recently, in-flight refueling” .
President Donald also pointed out that the resolution would hurt relations with foreign powers and "its efforts to curtail certain forms of military support would harm our bilateral relationships, negatively affect our ongoing efforts to prevent civilian casualties and prevent the spread of terrorist organizations such as al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS, and embolden Iran's malign activities in Yemen".

Sen. Bernie Sanders tweeted:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called on Trump to:

Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have already died due to starvation with another 90,000 as a direct result of the bombs: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/16/donald-trump-veto-resolution-yemen-war/3491383002/

That US/UK Support to the Saudi coalition is what is causing the genocide against Yemen.
Every weapons and bombs that had being dropped used by the Saudi coalition have being manufactured by the US military.

What a load of crap. The ongoing efforts is causing more civilian casualties. Iran's malign activities in Yemen? given by this logic i assume he means its ok if Shia civllians targeted as they are Iranians.

TheCount
04-17-2019, 12:05 PM
The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently

You conveniently left out the fact that it never happened and was later walked back.

CCTelander
04-17-2019, 01:04 PM
You conveniently left out the fact that it never happened and was later walked back.

Now quit confusing the issue with actual facts. It makes it that much harder to cling to those delusions.

RonZeplin
04-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Imperial Presidency Wins Again: Trump's Veto Continues Yemen War (http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/april/17/imperial-presidency-wins-again-trumps-veto-continues-yemen-war/)

Apr. 17 - Yesterday, President Trump vetoed his second bill as president. S. J. Res. 7 directed the president to cease US military activities in support of the Saudi war on Yemen. His veto signifies that he intends to continue in a war that he may not have started but that he is escalating. The White House statement on the veto is full of fallacies and contradictions. We take that apart - and share some idea on what we can do next - in today's Liberty Report:

https://youtu.be/4aoaUfRr3xc

dannno
04-17-2019, 02:18 PM

I would say it's probably more important to them since Trump is far better on non-intervention than anybody else besides Rand.

Superfluous Man
04-17-2019, 02:19 PM

The Fox News/MAGA crowd definitely does exist on this forum. You're right about non-interventionism not being important to them though.

dannno
04-17-2019, 02:22 PM

..and you conveniently left out the fact that he announced it again last week

dannno
04-17-2019, 02:25 PM
The Fox News/MAGA crowd definitely does exist on this forum. You're right about non-interventionism not being important to them though.

No, he's wrong, and you're wrong. It's actually my number one issue and I care about it more than you.

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops and another President is going to start another war, and we only have a choice between the two, I'll take the President who is going to withdraw 1,000 troops. That's how important it is to me. I didn't even consider Trump at all until he started talking about ending wars. The talk of ending wars by Trump didn't phase you, because you probably don't actually give a shit about ending wars. You only seem to care about hating on Trump.

If I have a choice to choose somebody who is going to withdraw all the troops, I would choose them.

You people, on the other hand, seem to prefer the candidate who is going to start more wars and not even consider withdrawing. At least my guy is fighting for withdrawing.

kona
04-17-2019, 02:36 PM
No, he's wrong, and you're wrong. It's actually my number one issue and I care about it more than you.

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops and another President is going to start another war, and we only have a choice between the two, I'll take the President who is going to withdraw 1,000 troops. That's how important it is to me. I didn't even consider Trump at all until he started talking about ending wars. The talk of ending wars by Trump didn't phase you, because you probably don't actually give a $#@! about ending wars. You only seem to care about hating on Trump.

If I have a choice to choose somebody who is going to withdraw all the troops, I would choose them.

You people, on the other hand, seem to prefer the candidate who is going to start more wars and not even consider withdrawing. At least my guy is fighting for withdrawing.
You consider yourself part of the fox news crowd?

dannno
04-17-2019, 02:39 PM
You consider yourself part of the fox news crowd?

No, you said that people defending Trump were preaching to the Fox News crowd, and non-interventionism was never important to the people defending Trump. Unless you meant non-interventionism was never important to the Fox News crowd, but I figured that was a given.

kona
04-17-2019, 02:45 PM
No, you said that people defending Trump were preaching to the Fox News crowd, and non-interventionism was never important to the people defending Trump. Unless you meant non-interventionism was never important to the Fox News crowd, but I figured that was a given.
Go back and read what I said. HATERS, not defenders.
You got the second part right though.

Origanalist
04-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Uh, ya, that's my entire point.. if Trump took a purely symbolic step toward ending military conflict, then all the anti-Trumpers are going to come out and whine and say it means nothing and he doesn't want to end military conflict. When he vetoes a bill that does the same thing, they also all come out to whine. In other words, they are whiners, and that is all they are good for.

The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently and he hasn't started any wars with any new countries.. He has been fighting actual terrorists (ISIS) instead of funding them.. Which on the whole is a lot more than what we can say for our last two Presidents. He also wants to end the war in Afghanistan.

Obviously it isn't all we hoped for, but it is a lot better than having a President who doesn't push back against the deep state at all..

That's what I love about you dannno, when you spin bullshit you don't fuck around.

Origanalist
04-17-2019, 02:56 PM

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops and another President is going to start another war, and we only have a choice between the two, I'll take the President who is going to withdraw 1,000 troops. That's how important it is to me. I didn't even consider Trump at all until he started talking about ending wars. The talk of ending wars by Trump didn't phase you, because you probably don't actually give a shit about ending wars. You only seem to care about hating on Trump.

You seem to forget that he is the commander in chief, not just some congressman or senator. "seem to"

CCTelander
04-17-2019, 03:05 PM
That's what I love about you dannno, when you spin bullshit you don't fuck around.

As my dad has been known to say, "Pull up your pant legs, it's too late to save your shoes."

TheCount
04-17-2019, 04:34 PM
..and you conveniently left out the fact that he announced it again last week
No, he didn't.

TheCount
04-17-2019, 04:36 PM
If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops

Two posts ago you said that it was 2000.

dannno
04-17-2019, 05:28 PM
No, he didn't.

Hmm could be a bad timestamp

Trump faces criticism from Republicans for Syria troop withdrawal ...

(https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-faces-criticism-from-republicans-for-syria-troop-withdrawal/)https://www.cbsnews.com/.../trump-faces-criticism-from-republicans-for-syria-troop-wit...

6 days ago - President Trump is pulling out the last 2000 American troops in Syria. They've been fighting against ISIS, and the president says they've done their job.

Everything I'm reading on the topic seems to indicate there is going to be a massive drawdown fairly soon, though.

TheCount
04-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Hmm could be a bad timestamp

Ya think? That video is four months old.

Air Date: Dec 20, 2018
https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morning/video/Ly3wWuj_UaO_x1dPBwwkJAXB27AU1azL/trump-faces-criticism-from-republicans-for-syria-troop-withdrawal/

Everything I'm reading on the topic seems to indicate there is going to be a massive drawdown fairly soon, though.

Is "everything you're reading" also from "last week?"

dannno
04-17-2019, 06:56 PM

Ya, but I'm finding Google's "last week" filter isn't always perfect tho.

Is China Exploiting Trump’s Syria Withdrawal?

4/11/19

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2019/04/11/is_china_exploiting_trumps_syria_withdrawal_114325 .html

U.S. Syria withdrawal could spur Turkish invasion catastrophe - McGurk

Apr 17 2019

https://ahvalnews.com/syrian-war/us-syria-withdrawal-could-spur-turkish-invasion-catastrophe-mcgurk

CCTelander
04-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Ya think? That video is four months old.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morning/video/Ly3wWuj_UaO_x1dPBwwkJAXB27AU1azL/trump-faces-criticism-from-republicans-for-syria-troop-withdrawal/

Trump Time.

TheCount
04-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Ya, but I'm finding Google's "last week" filter isn't always perfect tho.

Is China Exploiting Trump’s Syria Withdrawal?

4/11/19

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2019/04/11/is_china_exploiting_trumps_syria_withdrawal_114325 .html

U.S. Syria withdrawal could spur Turkish invasion catastrophe - McGurk

Apr 17 2019

https://ahvalnews.com/syrian-war/us-syria-withdrawal-could-spur-turkish-invasion-catastrophe-mcgurk

Neither of those articles claim that troops have already been withdrawn or will actually be withdrawn. Also, they rely on the December announcement which, as I pointed out, never came true and was walked back.

Side note, why is it what you're having to search now for things that you supposedly already read?

AZJoe
04-17-2019, 09:17 PM
The Idiot Trump proving once again he is Wahhabist Saudi Arabia's bitch.

https://i.imgur.com/NSpvlI7.jpg

https://s19453.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Saudi-king-ousts-nephew-to-name-son-as-first-in-line-to-throne-Mondoweiss-2-1-e1541170427853.jpg https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSgqxEAKBMSYoEB-L17nwrQ81o2yxmDvXzsisdwCARqR5t3l_akA

enhanced_deficit
04-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Don't know why some conservative purists keep calling him a democrat.

That said, no other Republican President had ever done this before though:

US establishes first permanent military base in Israel - Business Insider
Sep 18, 2017 - Dozens of US Air Force soldiers will call home the new base, located inside the Israeli Air Force's Mashabim Air Base.

Pretty bold leadership from America-First standpoint.

RonZeplin
04-17-2019, 10:47 PM
It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

https://theantimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/saudi-arabia-100-million.jpg

Franklin & Netanyahu

dillo
04-17-2019, 10:53 PM
Why don't they invoke the war powers act?

pcosmar
04-17-2019, 10:55 PM
Someone tried to put a date on it,,,

I won't.

But it does look like a whole lot of Ezekiel about to play out.

enhanced_deficit
04-18-2019, 12:06 AM
His tactics are unconventional, but his policies have been average republican.

Well $#@!, I guess I have to choose about living in a Nation with a million hate speech laws passed by 2024 by some open borders neocon, or just another neocon.

In other words, back to the same ol' same ol'.

Kim Jung Un would be wise to tell Trump to $#@! off, he is keeping the nukes.

EM.

Why did you have to say that:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon13.png North Korea test fires new tactical guided weapon with ‘powerful warhead’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533555-North-Korea-test-fires-new-tactical-guided-weapon-with-‘powerful-warhead’&)

Warlord
04-18-2019, 05:08 AM
Rand sounds a little pissed:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1118530800536948741

axiomata
04-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Rand sounds a little pissed:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1118530800536948741

Who cares if Trump appointed Bolton? He's got good non interventionist instincts and Rand Paul holding his leash amiright?

AZJoe
04-18-2019, 09:34 PM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia% 2Fcommons%2Fb%2Fbe%2FCaricature_of_Mohammad_Bin_Sa lman_07.jpg&f=1

RonZeplin
04-18-2019, 10:37 PM
https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/757c22fd124fd1ec90075e0379818ebc.jpg

invisible
04-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Bottom line: if you support trump, you support endless war. Awful funny how the shylls avoided this thread and tried to bury it as quickly as possible with endless immigration fear-mongering.

Swordsmyth
04-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Bottom line: if you support trump, you support endless war. Awful funny how the shylls avoided this thread and tried to bury it as quickly as possible with endless immigration fear-mongering.
:rolleyes:
Just because Trump is the best available option does not mean that anyone who recognizes that supports everything he does.
Without Trump we would be in multiple more wars now.

RonZeplin
04-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Just because Trump is the best available option does not mean that anyone who recognizes that supports everything he does.

Even John Mcafee would have had less wars than neocon Don.

https://fossbytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/john-mcafee-preseident.jpg

Better Than Trump :check:

Swordsmyth
04-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Even John Mcafee would have had less wars than neocon Don.

https://fossbytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/john-mcafee-preseident.jpg

Better Than Trump :check:
I'm open to viable alternatives but McAfee is not a viable alternative and never was.

ATruepatriot
04-20-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm open to viable alternatives but McAfee is not a viable alternative and never was.

Why is McAfee still even a discussed topic when we now have Linux? Not needed...

Swordsmyth
04-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Why is McAfee still even a discussed topic when we now have Linux? Not needed...
The man not the software.

enhanced_deficit
04-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Looking at their funders and foreign policy stances, MAGA seems closer to Democrat Booker. If there were no other options are you perceive in 2024 also, could see yourself supporting Cory Booker Presidency also?

America-First: MAGA's top funder wants his children to serve in Israeli military (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533663-America-First-MAGA-s-top-funder-wants-his-children-to-serve-in-Israeli-military&)

Trump to host fundraiser for Booker (https://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/ivanka-trump-fundraiser-cory-booker-094288)

Book: Trump inlaws Kushners funding behind Cory Booker, Kushner dad secretly met Booker (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533660-Book-Trump-inlaws-Kushners-funding-behind-Cory-Booker-Kushner-dad-secretly-met-Booker&)

enhanced_deficit
05-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Wars are bad and people get killed in wars but a question for anti-war purists, do you any idea what kind of pressures politicians ( who are not very rich independently and have to take money from billionaires) have to face from funders they take tens and hundreds of millions of dollars for their election campaigns?