PDA

View Full Version : Democrat presidential candidate John Delaney

timosman
04-16-2019, 11:42 AM
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/16/playbook-birthday-john-delaney-1277276

04/16/2019

How/where are you celebrating your birthday and with whom? “With April and two of my four daughters in Maryland.”

How did you get your start in politics? “My first ‘political’ posting was as a Hillary delegate in 2008. I ran for office for the first time in 2012.”

What’s an interesting book/article you’re reading now or finished? And why? “‘Storm Lake: A Chronicle of Change, Resilience, and Hope from a Heartland Newspaper,’ by Art Cullen. It’s a brilliant book that tells the story of the changes in rural America through the lens of one small town in Iowa.”

What is a trend going on in the U.S. or abroad that doesn't get enough attention? “Most big trends get attention (climate, AI, deepening political divisions), but the risk of large-scale cyberattacks and growing global sovereign debt probably don’t get enough.”

How is the Trump presidency going? “It is dysfunctional, which is now par for the course for this administration.”

What’s a fun fact that people in Washington might not know about you? “I’ve seen Springsteen 30 times in concert, and as an electrician’s son, I’m pretty handy and can fix most things.”

Todd
04-16-2019, 11:48 AM
12% on the Freedom index. Great statesmen. :rolleyes: