PDA

View Full Version : Ex Senator Al D’Amato accused of million in bank fraud by his soon to be ex-wife

Swordsmyth
04-15-2019, 03:40 PM
The wife of former New York Republican Sen. Alfonse D´Amato has gone to federal authorities alleging that her husband committed bank fraud and that he forged her signature on checks from a secret bank account for millions of dollars spanning seven years.

Katuria D’Amato, who has been in several rounds of legal battles with her husband over the last few weeks, said in an interview that she found out about the account when the U.K.-based bank HSBC sent a letter to her home about the account opened in her name.

The couple, who have been married for 15 years, are going through a complicated and contentious divorce.

D’Amato says that she called the bank regarding the letter, only to be told that the account is seven years old and that someone had withdrawn nearly $40 million over the seven years under her name.

After reporting it to the bank, the institution sent her copies of the deposited checks with her signature. D’Amato insists that the signatures on the checks show inconsistencies and are clearly forged. After confronting her husband about the checks, she said that the former senator had directed associates to sign off the checks.

“Two people were forging my name and my husband told me that he told them to do it,” she said.

The former senator’s attorney did not offer comment to the outlet and the FBI in New York would not confirm an investigation. D’Amato served from 1981 to 1999 before he was ousted by then-Rep. Chuck Schumer.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-1/alfonse-damato-accused-of-millions-in-bank-fraud/