PDA

View Full Version : Portlandia: Canada Border

PAF
04-04-2019, 07:39 PM
https://youtu.be/UCugbVxQtrc

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 07:56 PM
I live very close to the Canadian border.

And trust me, my view is quite a bit prettier than sun blasted desert, rocks, lizards and scorpions.

I would have no problem with a wall or fence.

Especially, since by erecting such a barrier, we could then do away with the "Constitution Free Zone" I currently live under, since there would no longer be any justification for it.

PAF
04-04-2019, 08:05 PM

And trust me, my view is quite a bit prettier than sun blasted desert, rocks, lizards and scorpions.

Especially, since by erecting such a barrier, we could the do away with the "Constitution Free Zone" I currently live under, since there would no longer be any justification for it.

Oh jeez, another wall.

I live a couple of hours from the Canadian border, there is no reason whatsoever to put up a wall or fence. I remember when no ID was required, just a simple question answered, then the mandatory ID came about, now they want passport/global entry.

The last couple of times I headed up to Niagra Falls they literally strip searched my car, on the grounds that I had a minor traffic violation years ago down in WV. Detainment last a couple of hours before they said “oh, it was just a traffic violation, be careful while you’re up here”.

F%ck these police state countries!

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Oh jeez, another wall.

I live a couple of hours from the Canadian border, there is no reason whatsoever to put up a wall or fence. I remember when no ID was required, just a simple question answered, then the mandatory ID came about, now they want passport/global entry.

The last couple of times I headed up to Niagra Falls they literally strip searched my car, on the grounds that I had a minor traffic violation years ago down in WV. Detainment last a couple of hours before they said “oh, it was just a traffic violation, be careful while you’re up here”.

F%ck these police state countries!

So that was Canada detaining you?

They did the same thing to me on a number of occasions.

So why would I want a bunch of statist Canadians walking in?

Wouldn't you like to no longer live in a Constitution Free Zone?

axiomata
04-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Especially, since by erecting such a barrier, we could then do away with the "Constitution Free Zone" I currently live under, since there would no longer be any justification for it.

I too live in a border town with Canada. You're naive if you think they'd get rid of the constitution free zone in exchange for a border wall. And I'd be pissed if they put up a wall. But go ahead and give up.

Actual photo of my border:
http://images.politico.com/global/2015/04/24/stevepic.jpg

PAF
04-04-2019, 08:24 PM
So that was Canada detaining you?

They did the same thing to me on a number of occasions.

So why would I want a bunch of statist Canadians walking in?

Wouldn't you like to no longer live in a Constitution Free Zone?

A Wall ENSURES Constitution Free everything. Papers please to pass go, no guns, better answer questions or you’ll be detained.

WTF are you thinking?

When I approach the US/Canadian border in or out bound I am ALREADY looking at a wall that divides the highway. THAT is precisely where I lose ALL of my rights.

There is an area up at the International intersection where they don’t stop or check any ID, at least I am free at that junction. It’s a longer route but well worth it to me.

Canadians come down this way for tourism. I know a few who came here to live and work. I have no problem with them coming here. I’m the type that doesn’t poke my nose in others business, as long as they don’t harm me or my private property they are free to do as they wish.

PAF
04-04-2019, 08:26 PM
I too live in a border town with Canada. You're naive if you think they'd get rid of the constitution free zone in exchange for a border wall. And I'd be pissed if they put up a wall. But go ahead and give up.

Actual photo of my border:
http://images.politico.com/global/2015/04/24/stevepic.jpg

Right on brother, +Rep.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 08:31 PM
A Wall ENSURES Constitution Free everything. Papers please to pass go, no guns, better answer questions or you’ll be detained.

WTF are you thinking?

We have all that now, in spades.

We're under more surveillance than the old DDR.

axiomata
04-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Right on brother, +Rep.

The funny thing is that even though that's what the actual border looks like, they still found a 360 foot long drug tunnel under it a number of years ago.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Go ahead and keep beating your brains out against a brick wall.

I'm trying to come up with something that works, as this situation comes to a head.

AngryCanadian
04-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Its a lot worse then ya think Americans. Be thankful that Hillary Clinton didn't win.

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 08:36 PM
Its a lot worse then ya think Americans. Be thankful that Hillary Clinton didn't win.
Amen!

PAF
04-04-2019, 08:38 PM
We have all that now, in spades.

We're under more surveillance than the old DDR.

Then by all means let’s have more! That’ll fix everything! Government knows best!

SMGDH

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 08:48 PM
Then by all means let’s have more! That’ll fix everything! Government knows best!

SMGDH
By all means let's stop the people who will give us very much more from coming here, then we will have a chance to get rid of some.