PDA

View Full Version : I predict that the media will promote Huckabee as....

LastoftheMohicans
07-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I predict that the media will promote Huckabee as the head of the 2nd tier candidates. Once the 2Q numbers are released, Ron Paul should be ahead of Hunter, Brownback, Gilmore, Tancredo and possibly Huckabee. The top three may change positions but will still be considered "top tier". The media will do everything they can not to let Paul be considered the "alternative" to the top three. The only one that may have more money and is acceptable is Huckabee. He has polling a little higher than Ron Paul in national "polls" and is more "acceptable" than Tancredo.

Sorry for the the quotes, but political language is so deceptive that words don't mean what they should.

By the way, I have no respect for Huckabee. On Fox a few weeks ago, I believe he said that one of my opponents thinks we deserved 911. I wonder who he may be talking about.

foofighter20x
07-02-2007, 09:41 PM
He was probably talking about Giuliani... :p :D

Badger Paul
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
They may try to promote Huckabee but ultimately it comes down to hard numbers like money raised and votes and if he doesn't have them, he's unpromotable.

Or they'll say he's running for vice president.

wecandoit
07-02-2007, 10:29 PM
I've always felt that "they" would try to promote Huckabee, and clear the way for him to be a heavyweight on the national stage, for VP this go around, or for prez on down the line.

I've watched him during his time as governor, pure d slime, but acts well enough to come off looking good. A perfect candidate for "them".

MozoVote
07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Brownbacks fundraising was awful in 2Q. Paul really could beat him.

Zydeco
07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
No doubt about it. Did you see him on Fox the other day talking about "his" plan to get rid of the IRS? Couldn't believe it.

dmitchell
07-03-2007, 01:11 AM
No question about it. The press has fawned over him ever since that asinine joke about John Edwards' haircut. What a sad commentary on the political system...

dmitchell
07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
No doubt about it. Did you see him on Fox the other day talking about "his" plan to get rid of the IRS? Couldn't believe it.
Care to elaborate?

LibertyEagle
07-03-2007, 01:13 AM

You're kidding. He did? :eek: Geez, they're all trying to copy our good doctor, in some regard. If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

dmitchell
07-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Huckabee on the IRS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWUxpS7anpo)

Sounds like the standard FairTax pitch. Anybody else getting tired of it? I was a strong proponent of the FairTax at one time, but now I just find it frustrating. To borrow a phrase from Thoreau, there are a thousand FairTax proponents hacking at the branches of evil for every one Ron Paul striking at the root.

richard1984
07-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Sounds like the standard FairTax pitch. Anybody else getting tired of it? I was a strong proponent of the FairTax at one time, but now I just find it frustrating. To borrow a phrase from Thoreau, there are a thousand FairTax proponents hacking at the branches of evil for every one Ron Paul striking at the root.

Ha, yeah, my dad mentioned Huckabee and his support of the FairTax stuff. I told him that "Yeah, Ron Paul said that he would probably vote for it because it's better than what we have now, but he doesn't think it's adequate because it doesn't do enough..." blah blah blah. Anyway, my dad looked impressed when I said this (he just recently found out that I support Ron Paul and that he's a "conservative"--my dad thought I was a bleeding heart liberal, and I said that I was attracted to truth). But anyway, if my dad was privy to this information, that must mean that the neocon press took that story and ran with it.

...But what about Ron Paul? I just don't understand how they can overlook him or smear him so blatantly, and so many viewers just accept it.

And by the way, this video is disgusting! You wanna know what I think, Huckabee?: I think you suck!

Gimme Some Truth
07-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Huckerbee looks too much like Nixon to even begin to try and believe him.

He's just trying to ride the Ron Paul internet wave.

EDIT: The video was made back in May tho.

beermotor
07-03-2007, 04:44 AM
I've always felt that "they" would try to promote Huckabee, and clear the way for him to be a heavyweight on the national stage, for VP this go around, or for prez on down the line.

I've watched him during his time as governor, pure d slime, but acts well enough to come off looking good. A perfect candidate for "them".

Shucks. I guess I need to revise my opinion of him, then. I thought he seemed OK except for the war thing. Course, I said that about Tancredo as well.

beermotor
07-03-2007, 04:46 AM

The problem with the FairTax is that they pitch it as a net zero change. So where's the fucking tax relief, eh? Goons.

LizF
07-03-2007, 05:27 AM

Political plagiarists! :mad: :rolleyes:

LizF
07-03-2007, 06:14 AM
"Huckabee's Record: Anything But Conservative" in Newsmax.com

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/7/2/194431.shtml?s=tn

:rolleyes:

LastoftheMohicans
07-03-2007, 07:17 AM
No question about it. The press has fawned over him ever since that asinine joke about John Edwards' haircut. What a sad commentary on the political system...

Interesting that the haircut joke was a criticism of the big-spending Republican Congress. But somehow, the focus got shifted to Edwards.