PDA

View Full Version : Census 2020 - Let the games begin!

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2019, 09:45 PM
It’s a race to get the most Federal dollars, and California plans on winning!

Almost every local media outlet in California has been publicizing that all Californians must be counted, so that California can get more money. Nevermind that this might encourage some less than ethical individuals and organizations to cheat a little bit.

And while not publicized to the general public at this point, you can also trust that the Democrat Party insiders would like to add some more US House of Representative seats to California. Which State wants to give a couple up to California?

Monterey County is counting down to the 2020 United States Census. On Monday it launched the Complete Count Committee with the goal of making sure everyone in the county is counted next year.

Nineteen speakers from the county government to city government to community organizations spoke at the event in front of the library in Castroville on Monday about the importance of accurate census data.
Census data is a critical part of the allocation of federal funds and resources. Across the state, leaders are worried not everyone will be counted resulting in California losing out on federal dollars.
More: https://www.ksbw.com/article/monterey-county-launches-countdown-to-2020-census/27011382

Anti Globalist
04-02-2019, 09:53 PM
California will end up winning in the end obviously.

timosman
04-02-2019, 09:55 PM
California will end up winning in the end obviously.

Fair play is for suckers. :tears:

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2019, 09:55 PM
And let’s not forget that pesky Electoral College! Which State wants to give up some of them to California?

Idaho, Montana, you really shouldn’t be hogging.

Pauls' Revere
04-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Last time registered as Lizard.

ATruepatriot
04-02-2019, 10:14 PM
If it's for Federal dollars this should make every taxpayer not in Ca happy. They are already receiving more tax dollars than any other state or organization in the union including the MIC contractors. Yep... Let more into Ca for the rest of us to pay for is real wise. Ca and New York are going to break this country.

https://www.usaspending.gov/#/recipient

oyarde
04-02-2019, 10:21 PM
I will call trump and tell him california may only be allowed to count US citizens .

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2019, 10:28 PM
I will call trump and tell him california may only be allowed to count US citizens .

California will count everyone, many of them two or three times. Homeless people can be counted as many times as they change the bush they are sleeping under or the doorway they are in.

Last time I was on the banks of the Wabash, I didn’t see many people. The sides of all the rivers, streams and creeks in California have people living on them (or just stopping to defecate). I am thinking that Indiana will be losing a rep or two to California...

ATruepatriot
04-02-2019, 10:34 PM
California will count everyone, many of them two or three times.

That is an absolute fact. I personally witnessed this during Obama's census.

oyarde
04-02-2019, 10:40 PM
California will count everyone, many of them two or three times. Homeless people can be counted as many times as they change the bush they are sleeping under or the doorway they are in.

Last time I was on the banks of the Wabash, I didn’t see many people. The sides of all the rivers, streams and creeks in California have people living on them (or just stopping to defecate). I am thinking that Indiana will be losing a rep or two to California...
It is true , my banks of the Wabash are beautiful without defecation .

TheTexan
04-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Texas is expected to be a big winner in the 2020 Census, gaining 3 new districts!!! 3 new representatives!!!

What an amazing time to be alive!

Danke
04-03-2019, 12:31 AM
Texas is expected to be a big winner in the 2020 Census, gaining 3 new districts!!! 3 new representatives!!!

What an amazing time to be alive!

ya, but mostly from all the Mexicans moving and breeding there.

Swordsmyth
04-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Online Census runs the risk of being hacked (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/2020-census-likely-target-of-hacking-disinformation-campaigns-officials-say/2019/03/31/12e8d416-522d-11e9-88a1-ed346f0ec94f_story.html)

euphemia
04-03-2019, 09:24 PM
New York could lose two seats. Illinois lost one last time and could lose another. Michigan might lose one. Other states will be gaining a seat.

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Mark your calendars. April 23...

Third federal court puts brakes on Census citizenship question (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/third-federal-court-puts-brakes-on-census-citizenship-question/)
April 5, 2019 - By Kathryn Watson

A third federal court has put the brakes on the Trump administration's plans to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census.

U.S. District Court Judge George Hazel in Maryland on Friday determined the Trump administration's addition of the question, "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" is a violation of federal administrative law, favoring the plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

"Based on the foregoing, the court will enter judgment for the plaintiffs, enjoining defendants from including the citizenship question on the 2020 Census," the judge's opinion reads.

Federal judges in New York and California had already come to similar conclusions. The Supreme Court is expected to [rule] about the constitutionality of the question on April 23.
More: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/third-federal-court-puts-brakes-on-census-citizenship-question/

oyarde
04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Since the entire and only purpose of the census is to count citizens how is a citizenship question even thought to not be allowed ?

ATruepatriot
04-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Since the entire and only purpose of the census is to count citizens how is a citizenship question even thought to not be allowed ?

I was thinking that too. I really don't know... but I wonder if the ethnic origin question is still one of the census questions, but if it is, I think this would be more offensive than if someone is ACTUALLY A CITIZEN to BE REPRESENTED AS A CITIZEN or not. lol

I don't see how they can even argue against this one. It's a common sense no brainer...

tfurrh
04-07-2019, 02:35 PM
ya, but mostly from all the Mexicans moving and breeding there.

Come on down, the water's fine.

oyarde
04-07-2019, 02:35 PM
I was thinking that too. I really don't know... but I wonder if the ethnic origin question is still one of the census questions, but if it is, I think this would be more offensive than if someone is ACTUALLY A CITIZEN to BE REPRESENTED AS A CITIZEN or not. lol

I don't see how they can even argue against this one. It's a common sense no brainer...

Yes , the race question is still on there last I saw one .

ATruepatriot
04-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Yes , the race question is still on there last I saw one .

I got my fingers crossed.

oyarde
04-07-2019, 08:15 PM
I will list my household as two americans and thats it of course .

Brian4Liberty
04-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Let the games continue!

For the final months of 2020 census preparations to continue as planned, the Census Bureau says it is counting on the U.S. Supreme Court to resolve the legal battle over the citizenship question by June. But a new appeal filed by plaintiffs in one of the Maryland lawsuits over the question could complicate that timeline.

Plaintiffs led by La Unión Del Pueblo Entero, a Texas-based community group, have appealed part of U.S. District Judge George Hazel's decision to the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, according to a filing with the Maryland federal court released Tuesday.
The filing comes a week before the Supreme Court is set to hear oral arguments on April 23 about an earlier ruling by a federal judge in New York who also blocked the citizenship question, as well as about whether including the question on the 2020 census is constitutional.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/17/713762546/appeal-to-census-lawsuit-ruling-adds-uncertainty-to-citizenship-questions-fate

AZJoe
05-02-2019, 09:20 PM
19 D Candidates so far. Just one more for 20 in 2020.
https://infographic.statista.com/normal/chartoftheday_16748_candidates_for_us_president_in _2020_n.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Battle over census citizenship question high stakes for Texas, California

HOUSTON -- In June, the Supreme Court will decide whether the Trump administration can include a citizenship question in the 2020 census, a move that could affect how many congressional seats states have and how federal dollars are distributed for years to come.
“We just know enough at this point, and we’ve done enough census over the years, to know that adding that question will prevent many, many people from participating in the United States census,” said Mustafa Tameez, a Democratic strategist.

Nearly 11 percent of Texas residents are non-citizens, second to California, where 13 percent are non-citizens, according to 2017 data from the Kaiser Family Foundation. If many don’t answer out of fear, experts say Texas and California could lose a congressional seat, or two.
"Texas would lose [up to] $1.2 billion in revenue. For every one person we don't count, we lose federal dollars, about $1500," said Tameez.
More: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-california-congressional-seats-citizenship-question-census