PDA

View Full Version : 34% Of Michigan Trump Rally Attendees Were Registered Democrats

Swordsmyth
03-31-2019, 04:59 PM
Approximately 34% of attendees at President Trump's Thursday night rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan were registered Democrats, according to Trump's 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale.
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/trump%20hand%20up.jpg
Speaking on Saturday with Fox News' Jesse Watters, Parscale explained that the campaign uses the phone numbers of attendees to look up their voter information.
"We had tens of thousands of registrants, I believe 34% of the people who came to the Michigan rally were Democrats," said Parscale, adding "Almost half had only voted once in the last four elections."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-31/34-michigan-trump-rally-attendees-were-registered-democrats-parscale

Superfluous Man
03-31-2019, 05:09 PM
Only 34%?

oyarde
03-31-2019, 05:11 PM
I see no real reason right now to think Trump will not take the same states again .

Swordsmyth
03-31-2019, 05:13 PM
I see no real reason right now to think Trump will not take the same states again .
And more.

Zippyjuan
03-31-2019, 05:17 PM
They collected phone numbers for everybody who attended?

I guess so: https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/government-and-politics/4460236-registration-trumps-rally-causing-confusion

Although tickets don't reserve a spot at the rally, and tickets to Trump's April 2016 rally in Superior were not even checked at the door, attendees still need to register at donaldjtrump.com before they enter, DECC executive director Chelly Townsend said.

Carnahan agreed.

"If you don't register, you can't get in," she said.

But the registration process has confused people wanting to attend the event.

Townsend said the DECC has been flooded with calls from people inquiring about tickets, but they're not handling any of that — that's the campaign's responsibility. Callers are being directed to donaldjtrump.com where they must submit their name, email, ZIP code, state and mobile phone number. A text message is then sent to the user for confirmation.

Since the event is free and tickets don't ensure a seat in the rally, some on social media are calling the registration process a scam to get people in the area to give up personal information and be added to the campaign's email and phone list.

(at the rally in this story, the event location only held about 1,200 people but 20,000 tickets were said to have been issued).

From the OP:

When asked if the campaign was still harvesting information on various demographics, Parscale said: "I'm harvesting nearly a million voters data information in key swing states every month."

Superfluous Man
03-31-2019, 05:24 PM
Since the event is free and tickets don't ensure a seat in the rally, some on social media are calling the registration process a scam to get people in the area to give up personal information and be added to the campaign's email and phone list.

Yep. Those people are definitely new to politics. That's for sure.

Anti Globalist
03-31-2019, 06:12 PM
Democrats must be scared to know that.

RJB
03-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Think of how many Democrats support Trump but would not want it to get out because their friends who are crazy Democrats would screech like harridans.

TheCount
03-31-2019, 06:37 PM
Does that percentage include Trump?

phill4paul
03-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Think of how many Democrats support Trump but would not want it to get out because their friends who are crazy Democrats would screech like harridans.

It's not an anamoly. I know of a few that can't stand their FB friends posts but won't respond because of the excoriation and disenfranchise it would bring.

RJB
03-31-2019, 08:03 PM
It's not an anamoly. I know of a few that can't stand their FB friends posts but won't respond because of the excoriation and disenfranchise it would bring.
I used to enjoy political discussions whether I agreed with the person or not, but these days before I discuss politics, I first ascertain whether the person is sane or not. These days a lot of people are not. I have met people who will literally hate someone who didn't vote or voted third party instead of for Hillary. These are the kinds of people who will report you for not being happy enough while waiting 3 hours in a bread line.

Swordsmyth
03-31-2019, 08:05 PM
I used to enjoy political discussions whether I agreed with the person or not, but these days before I discuss politics, I first ascertain whether the person is sane or not. These days a lot of people are not. I have met people who will literally hate someone who didn't vote or voted third party instead of for Hillary. These are the kinds of people who will report you for not being happy enough while waiting 3 hours in a bread line.
In before The Texican reports you.