PDA

View Full Version : Protest.

Thatguyuknow
07-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I think everyone here on this forum is infatuated with the ideals of Ron Paul, we all follow his beliefs with the knowledge stored somewhere in the back of our heads that they're apart of our forefathers, and in a way, we're fighting for George Washington and America. I think this thought of righteousness may lead to an ideal of complacency that because we're aligned with what's right, we believe things will go our way in natural course and due time.

Even though history teaches us differently, that when faced with ideological opponents, and hostile systems what is right in a moral sense doesn't always progress to reality on its own in natural course and due time. Where without the Montgomery boycotts, and the "I have a dream" speech, perhaps segregation would still be going on. Without Mahatma Ghandi, British oppression could still be raging... without Nelson Mandela would apartheid still be going on in South Africa? Change doesn't occur unless the energy and desire to change is both overt and cautious and in the right time and right place.. No significant protest occurred in Soviet Russia, millions died... likewise with Maoist China... likewise with the Khmer Rogue... the North Koreans... etc. just because horrible atrocities are occurring, doesn't mean the right will eventually take over without a guiding hand to direct it to reality. I think we must consider the alternative that we may need a plan "B"... and am asking who would be willing to march to capital hill for an en masse protest should the need arise?
If natural course and due process doesn't work.

kern802
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
The people here Are taking action, they are working towards getting one of Us into power. He is in this to win, so we haven't given up yet.

If you want to protest now, look into the http://freedomtofascism.com (http://freedomtofascism.com/), http://www.restoretherepublic.com/, or http://www.actindependent.org/ movements.

DXDoug
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Stick Together . grow bigger. WE CAN DO IT. 2012 .

Thats if we dont win in 2008. ... just saying cuz i really hope we win!:D

Though if we dont Its nothing to be discouraged by we will see the numbers of americans wanting a change and we will need to build upon it and continue until our numbers are more then any Party. People want freedoms we just gotta show everyone the way then will have the america we dreamed

4 U and Me! :) lol

tsoldrin
07-02-2007, 11:37 PM
I think the bad guys these days are pretty hip on handling protests. As soon as you start organizing and have more than a few people gathered, they start monitoring your activities and infiltrating. It only takes one planted provacateur to throw a rock at a cop to give them carte blanche to open fire. I think in today's age of near blanket surveillance, the only kind of real protest that can happen would be a flash crowd... something sets a few people off, they go out and get mad and broadcast it back to the internet and that attracts more people... and so on. No planning.

Alternately, if you want to hit them where it hurts, it's the wallet. Deny the corporatist greed monster its sustanence. Live as simply as you comfortably can, make as few purchases and transactions as you can manage and when you must, try to purchase only from local mom and pop merchants. Most monster corporations have stretched themselves fairly thin in an attempt to feed their shareholders and corporate elite, so if their profit margin shrunk drastically, they would be in serious trouble within only a few months.

Someone once said: If you want change, keep it in your pocket.

Man from La Mancha
07-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Is there a way of finding a provocateur without creating a which hunt?

Gimme Some Truth
07-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Lets just say RP got the presidential election for the Rep party and he got cheated out of the general election. I bet if ALL the RP supporters/voters didnt buy ANYTHING for a day or so , it would seriously effect the country in a way that couldnt be brushed under the carpet or ignored ,by the MSM , like protest marches... tho protest marches are still very very important . In the end ,as tsoldrina said, you've gotta hit them where it hurts.

Really , there are simple things you can do now to help you keep your sovereignty and that is to simply only buy goods that are made in the US. Forget your GAP and all the other products made in Indonesian slave camps and the like. Infact throw any such items you may have now in the bin...esp. if it has big advertisment logos on them.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2007, 01:53 AM
What was the name of the event several months back, where a bunch of farmers and ranchers, complete with tractors, etc., had a huge march in D.C.? I didn't see one solitary mention of it on the MSM.

Disgusting...

Craig_R
07-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Riot is more like it. 2012? we'll be lucky to see 08, what with all the talk of pre-emptive nuclear strikes and all. The world cannot wait till 2012. besides who are we going to get behind in 2012? dubya (or his puppet masters) has created the perfect storm the exact right climate for a libertarian constitutionalist, its 08 or revolution, do or die time. the future hangs in the balance.