PDA

View Full Version : Is there really any distinguishing

furface
05-19-2007, 08:57 AM
feature about any of the "major" candidates in either party? As far as I can tell, they're all the same, with just different religions and/or genders. Has it come to that? That you vote for Hillary because she's a woman, Obama because he's Black? Rudy,McCain, and Romney all seem to be exactly the same person with the exception of Romney being Mormon. Maybe we should just let the special interests that are backing them become president.

JoshLowry
05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Romney said he wants to double guantanamo, that's pretty distinguishing.

Kidding aside, it's a good point.

I was listening to a recording of Dr.Paul talking about how some people are apathetic and don't vote. There are also a lot of people that haven't voted in the past few elections, not because they are apathetic, but because they have calculated the situation and given up because it's almost a lose - lose situation. I think that's where he is going to pick up a lot of votes.

MsDoodahs
05-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Josh, that is very accurate.

I swore off voting over a decade ago.

I'm registering to vote this time. :eek:

Had it not been for Dr. Paul's run, I certainly would never have voted again.

Hubby is unwilling to register and vote, but supports the cause of freedom and my involvement with the campaign.

I know of others like me, who had long ago dropped out of the system, and who are coming BACK IN because of Dr. Paul's campaign.

I won't bother to vote for anyone else, but I am DETERMINED to vote for Ron Paul.

:D

romelll
05-19-2007, 09:31 AM
You have to register as a Republican to vote in most state primaries. Also, if the GOP sends out their surveys, they will usually only send them to registered Republicans or folks who have donated in the past.

I have to reregister as a Repub (I changed to Independent) so I can do my part.

FOr those that are still on the fence, now is the time to start standing up
(Like a Braveheart moment to look back years from now and if you could have it all over again you had one chance to vote for freedom....)
Hey, thats a great video idea..

JoshLowry
05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
(Like a Braveheart moment to look back years from now and if you could have it all over again you had one chance to vote for freedom....)
Hey, thats a great video idea..

I love it, it's such a great part of the movie and really does relate.

Aravoth is going to get burnt out on video making. :p

Brandybuck
05-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Speaking of Braveheart movements, what if we all got in a line with our kilts, and mooned the government?

:eek:

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I think you are definitely correct in stating that Ron Paul will pick
up a lot of non voters.

I'm one of them. The ONLY reason I am voting in the presidential election
in 08 is because Ron Paul is running. I know a lot of other people
that are jumping back into voting for the same reason.

Instead of voting for the lessor of two evils we can now vote for a true
honest freedom fighter.

I seriously doubt the mainstream realizes how many of us there
actually are.

Ron Paul All The Way!

- Dave
Ron Paul Fever
"Feel It... Catch It... Spread It!!!"

Therion
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, Obama is good-lookin'.

Bryan
05-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Furface, you bring up a good point. I'd like to suggest creating a table of the issues to are important to us and how all the candidates come down on these issues. Who is game to start a new thread in the Strategies forum and/or lead such an effort?

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Speaking of Braveheart movements, what if we all got in a line with our kilts, and mooned the government?

Maybe leave that scene out of the rated version.

That is pretty much what we're doing by supporting Ron Paul, as I see it.

tnvoter
05-20-2007, 11:44 AM
that's why the media's choice for us is called Rudy McRomney. And romney is the only one holding ground against Paul, the rest are falling way behind.

As for the democrats, they're supporting Hillary/Obama/Edwards -- and they are easily smacked down by Gravel - an angry liberal who doesn't even have near the support that we have for Ron Paul.

As I still see it, our candidate has far beyond the most substance out of the entire race.