PDA

View Full Version : Buttigieg

Pauls' Revere
03-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Meet Pete Buttigieg, the first openly gay major presidential candidate.

SAN FRANCISCO — Pete Buttigieg, the first openly gay major presidential candidate, took his campaign Thursday to San Francisco — a heartland of progressive gay politics — but said he is running “not to be a candidate for the LGBTQ community alone, or for any one group,’’ but to speak to all Americans.

The outpouring of enthusiasm for the Midwestern mayor in Northern California showcased what appears to be Buttigieg’s meteoric rise as a genuine surprise factor in the 2020 presidential contest — and came on the heels of Buttigieg’s first significant showing in a national political poll.

The Quinnipiac University National Poll, released Thursday, ranked former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke as the top three in the field but placed Buttigieg in a tie with Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 4 percent, just below Harris at 8 percent.

With those numbers, Buttigieg, the youngest presidential candidate, outranked three sitting U.S. senators — New Jersey’s Cory Booker, Minnesota’s Amy Klobuchar and New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, as well as the former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Julián Castro.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/29/pete-buttigieg-san-francisco-1243203

Swordsmyth
03-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Meet Pete Buttigieg, the first openly gay major a minor presidential candidate.

bv3
03-29-2019, 09:59 PM
No, that not possible. Not with that surname. Its too fiction to be possible. The first democrat that pays lip service to disaffected (dispossessed might be more accurate) rural whites wins.

All of this racial tension: the 'sturm'
Inevitably followed by the solution. Good line tho swordsmyth, and also I'd like to apologize to you for my negative vibes and comments. Don't know why I got personal with you. That is as sincere as forums can be. But we definitely have fundamental disagreements.

Pauls' Revere
03-29-2019, 10:25 PM

Time will tell. ;)

Pauls' Revere
03-29-2019, 10:28 PM
No, that not possible. Not with that surname. Its too fiction to be possible. The first democrat that pays lip service to disaffected (dispossessed might be more accurate) rural whites wins.

All of this racial tension: the 'sturm'
Inevitably followed by the solution. Good line tho swordsmyth, and also I'd like to apologize to you for my negative vibes and comments. Don't know why I got personal with you. That is as sincere as forums can be. But we definitely have fundamental disagreements.

Oh its true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg

https://www.peteforamerica.com/

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg

Pete ButtigiegVerified account PeteButtigieg

Just launched a presidential exploratory committee. Afghanistan vet, musician, businessman, husband to Chasten and South Bend's "Mayor Pete." (BOOT-edge-edge)

Swordsmyth
03-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Time will tell. ;)
A mayor is a minor presidential candidate by definition.
If he should win the D nomination it will be a longshot that paid off.

Pauls' Revere
03-29-2019, 10:37 PM

Interesting to see how far he can go, a prelude to the future. Never know, he may get a major backing from somewhere.

Swordsmyth
03-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Interesting to see how far he can go, a prelude to the future. Never know, he may get a major backing from somewhere.

It will be interesting, it is already to see him get treated as a "major candidate" by the media.
Partly it is because the Demoncrats have nothing but minor candidates but it does seem like someone is hyping him on purpose.

Pauls' Revere
03-29-2019, 10:48 PM
It will be interesting, it is already to see him get treated as a "major candidate" by the media.
Partly it is because the Demoncrats have nothing but minor candidates but it does seem like someone is hyping him on purpose.

or, that the others carry to much baggage. He's fresh and exciting, like AOC.

timosman
03-29-2019, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCwUwziRvY

Anti Federalist
03-30-2019, 12:13 AM
I was wondering who this Buttplug fellow was...and why the government media organs were fawning all over him and his co-masturbator.

Pauls' Revere
03-30-2019, 10:10 AM
I was wondering who this Buttplug fellow was...and why the government media organs were fawning all over him and his co-masturbator.

LOL.

+rep Now you know. I can sense your excitement... haha ;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Origanalist
03-30-2019, 10:21 AM
or, that the others carry to much baggage. He's fresh and exciting, like AOC.

I'm literally shaking.

Brian4Liberty
03-30-2019, 10:46 AM
The Quinnipiac University National Poll, released Thursday, ranked former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke as the top three in the field but placed Buttigieg in a tie with Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 4 percent, just below Harris at 8 percent.

With those numbers, Buttigieg, the youngest presidential candidate, outranked three sitting U.S. senators — New Jersey’s Cory Booker, Minnesota’s Amy Klobuchar and New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, as well as the former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Julián Castro.

Guess we’ll never know where the one who must not be mentioned is polling...

Swordsmyth
03-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Even if she takes 2nd place in Iowa.

Stratovarious
03-30-2019, 03:49 PM
''What's in a name''
Is it pronounced Buttgig?
Middle G silent?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gideonresnick/the-31-weirdest-political-names-of-all-time

Zippyjuan
03-30-2019, 04:04 PM
''What's in a name''
Middle G silent?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gideonresnick/the-31-weirdest-political-names-of-all-time

According to the Bill Maher video above it is "boot- edge- edge".

acptulsa
03-30-2019, 04:13 PM

There was a time when that was true. But there was a time when a businessman whose only political experience was giving out bribes fit the same category. Now I'm inclined to say if the major networks say he's major, they obviously intend to spam the airwaves with him. That makes him major.

But politico doesn't qualify. So, no, I'm not expecting him to "emerge".

Swordsmyth
03-30-2019, 04:16 PM
There was a time when that was true. But there was a time when a businessman whose only political experience was giving out bribes fit the same category. Now I'm inclined to say if the major networks say he's major, they obviously intend to spam the airwaves with him. That makes him major.

But politico doesn't qualify. So, no, I'm not expecting him to "emerge".
Trump was nationally known, he may not have been a politician but everyone had heard of him, nobody outside of his home town would even know this guy existed if he wasn't being hyped.
I expect him to "emerge" because someone is pushing him but I expect him to fail, his sponsor probably expects him to fail as well and is just using him to take votes from some other candidate.

Pauls' Revere
03-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Trump was nationally known, he may not have been a politician but everyone had heard of him, nobody outside of his home town would even know this guy existed if he wasn't being hyped.
I expect him to "emerge" because someone is pushing him but I expect him to fail, his sponsor probably expects him to fail as well and is just using him to take votes from some other candidate.

What if he gives kickbacks to the Clinton Machine to get that rolling?

Swordsmyth
03-30-2019, 04:21 PM
What if he gives kickbacks to the Clinton Machine to get that rolling?
Anything is possible these days.

timosman
04-03-2019, 11:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUaW5jxfPQ

TheTexan
04-04-2019, 02:35 AM
Calling him a "major" candidate with just 4% in the polls is a bit generous. Even the wacky fringe candidate Ron Paul once polled at 4%.

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Calling him a "major" candidate with just 4% in the polls is a bit generous. Even the wacky fringe candidate Ron Paul once polled at 4%.
Ron was a minor candidate, until he took 2nd place in Iowa.

TheTexan
04-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Ron was a minor candidate, until he took 2nd place in Iowa.

Ron Paul could have won 2nd in every primary in the nation, he still wouldn't have been a "major" candidate.

Everyone knew he had no chance at winning.

Anti Globalist
04-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Move over Hickenlooper. This guy now has the funniest last name running for president.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2019, 03:44 PM
''What's in a name''
Middle G silent?

One of the first times I heard him mentioned (think it was CNN), they didn’t know how to pronounce it. Someone called him booty-judge.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 03:49 PM
LOL.

The Sodomite calls the Reprobate "Un-Christian" (https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/03/mayor-pete-buttigieg-christian-right-2020-democratic-primary-trump-column/3342767002/)

Stratovarious
04-04-2019, 04:17 PM
One of the first times I heard him mentioned (think it was CNN), they didn’t know how to pronounce it. Someone called him booty-judge.

Classic!!
:frog:

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2019, 04:44 PM
LOL.

The Sodomite calls the Reprobate "Un-Christian" (https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/03/mayor-pete-buttigieg-christian-right-2020-democratic-primary-trump-column/3342767002/)

And here is what drives Catholic Charities and other religious zealot’s support for immigration:

Christians are called to defend the poor

As to the religious right saying “so little about what (Jesus) said so much about,” Buttigieg made this observation: “When I think about where most of Scripture points me, it is toward defending the poor, and the immigrant, and the stranger, and the prisoner, and the outcast, and those who are left behind by the way society works.

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 04:49 PM
And here is what drives Catholic Charities and other religious zealot’s support for immigration:
Defending the rights of legal immigrants is not the same as encouraging either legal or illegal immigration.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Defending the rights of legal immigrants is not the same as encouraging either legal or illegal immigration.

Who has ever said that legal visitors and legal immigrants must leave or not have rights?

Are you saying that Buttigieg is only talking about legal immigration? Does he have a nuanced position we don’t know about yet?

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Who has ever said that legal visitors and legal immigrants must leave or not have rights?

Are you saying that Buttigieg is only talking about legal immigration? Does he have a nuanced position we don’t know about yet?

No, I am attacking the concept that the leftist Christians use to support their treasonous behavior.
They are distorting the doctrine to serve their evil purposes.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2019, 05:04 PM
No, I am attacking the concept that the leftist Christians use to support their treasonous behavior.
They are distorting the doctrine to serve their evil purposes.

I had assumed that Buttigieg was coming from the standard leftist school of open the borders. Could be wrong. His website has no information whatsoever on his political positions.

Swordsmyth
04-04-2019, 05:08 PM
I had assumed that Buttigieg was coming from the standard leftist school of open the borders. Could be wrong. His website has no information whatsoever on his political positions.

I also assume that, I don't intend to say anything about his policies at all and certainly nothing good.

You posted the rationale that leftist Christians use to justify their behavior and I responded by exposing that it is a lie that is not based in Christianity at all.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Yup, leftist Christians.

What I have taken to calling Suicide Christians.

Willing to burn it all down and destroy Christian civilization in the name of suicidal charity and "kindness that can kill".

Anti Federalist
04-04-2019, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_4pM4IAmE

Philhelm
04-04-2019, 08:36 PM
What about Obama?

gaazn
04-04-2019, 11:29 PM
Easily running the smartest campaign by positioning as compassionate liberal and trying to win over Democrats who are Catholics or evangelical Christians. Theres a huge opening because everyone else busy chasing Bernie.

Pauls' Revere
04-07-2019, 04:23 PM
In Pete Buttigieg, America deals with a new kind of candidate.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/In-Pete-Buttigieg-America-deals-with-a-new-kind-13747087.php

I think if he sticks to this, his campaign can go a good distance. Stick to the issues, not your sexuality and he'll make progress on the left.

[sic]Whether Buttigieg is rising because he is gay or despite it, and whether he should be celebrated as a symbol or viewed no differently from anyone else, depends on perspective. From Buttigieg's perspective, the best evidence of progress is not that an openly gay person is running for president, but that some wonder why anyone is talking about his sexuality at all.

Pauls' Revere
04-07-2019, 09:34 PM
I don't think he'll be president but he sure could lift/support a major DEM candidate as VP.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/06/how-pete-buttigieg-could-beat-trump-in-his-bases-backyard/

“Our party can and should do better in the industrial Midwest,” Buttigieg said. “I’m convinced that so many people in this part of the country are already with us, much more than with the other party on issues, on substance, on policy.”

He said his experience in South Bend proves there are solutions that work besides a “promise to turn back the clock.”

When Buttigieg was first elected to office in his hometown of South Bend in 2011, the city was on its knees. Job growth was nonexistent and like many Rust Belt cities with declining industry, it had been hemorrhaging jobs since the ’70s.

First, he improved the cosmetics of the town by demolishing more than 1,000 abandoned homes, and then focused on revitalizing it by attracting hundreds of millions in private investment for commercial development.

You won’t find Buttigieg ridiculing fellow Midwestern voters or taking them for granted, the way Hillary Clinton’s campaign did in 2015. After the University of Notre Dame, based in South Bend, invited her to attend their prestigious St. Patrick’s Day event, her campaign declined, telling organizers “white Catholics were not the audience she needed to spend time reaching out to,” according to The New York Times.

Trump would go on to win those white Catholic votes in 2016 — 52 percent of them, according to Pew’s exit polls, reversing the gains Democrats made when Barack Obama earned their votes in 2008 and 2012.

Even so, Buttigieg’s religious beliefs haven’t prevented him from taking progressive positions on major issues.

He supports abortions into the third trimester out of a belief in “freedom from government,” he said. And he won’t rule out tax hikes. “If the only way I can get all of us paid parental leave, universal health care, dramatically improved child care, better education, good infrastructure and, therefore, longer life expectancy and a healthier economy is to raise revenue, then we should be honest about that.”

And although natural gas leads to good, solid jobs in the Rust Belt, he is a big booster of wind and solar power. “I think the goal still has to be focused on renewables,” he said.

But Jeff Rea, a former Republican mayor from another Indiana town, said nobody should count out Mayor Pete. Currently, the South Bend Chamber president, Rea said he and Buttigieg have been on opposite sides on a number projects but have “always found a way to come together for a solution.”

Buttigieg “is a very data-driven guy and also a very good man,” Rea added. “That has helped him win over voters who might not like progressive politics.”

No mayor has ever run and won their party’s nomination for president in our history, nor has anyone under the age of 43. Then again, no businessman had ever done it until Trump came along either.

dannno
04-07-2019, 10:58 PM
According to the Bill Maher video above it is "boot- edge- edge".

I think it's a combination of "boot- edge -edge" and "bootie jedge", maybe a "booteh jedge"

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Word went out months ago.

Indiana mayor running for president was in Israel during 2018 rocket attack
Democrat Pete Buttigieg was on a learning experience trip when a barrage of 20 projectiles targeted the Golan Heights
By JTA and TOI STAFF - 23 January 2019
Below are some tidbits on his Israel and Jewish ties.
Buttigieg visited Israel last year as part of a mayors tour organized by Project Interchange, an American Jewish Committee affiliate that introduces young politicians across the globe to the Jewish state. While he was there, rockets from Syria were launched into Israel.

“It was a reminder of how real and how alive all these issues are,” he said in an AJC podcast.
A Jewish DNC official was in his corner

Buttigieg gained national attention in 2017 when he emerged from nowhere as a credible candidate to take over the Democratic National Committee. In that race he had the backing of Susan Turnbull, a former vice chairwoman of the DNC who has been a leader of a number of Jewish organizations, including the Jewish Council for Public Affairs and Jewish Women International.
More: https://www.timesofisrael.com/indiana-mayor-running-for-president-was-in-israel-during-2018-rocket-attack/

Even years ago:

Jewish Insider's Daily Kickoff - February 24, 2017

“‘Rebuilding’ efforts overshadow Jewish issues in DNC election” by Ron Kampeas: “The leading candidates are sensitive to the disproportionate importance of the Jewish community to the party. They have not forgotten Jewish outreach, even while campaigning on the nuts and bolts that are preoccupying the state officials, state-level party officials and special interest representatives who make up the 447 electors. No one is more acutely aware of the need to reassure the party’s Jewish base than Ellison Fundraiser Barbara Goldberg Goldman and Susan Turnbull, a longtime Jewish community activist who backs Buttigieg, in interviews said they rejected insinuations that Ellison is anti-Semitic, but worried that his baggage could weigh down the party.”
More: https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/jewish-insider-s-daily-kickoff-february-24-2017-1.5441666

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Past week:

Democrats Are Turning Away from Israel. Not Pete Buttigieg
ALEX WARD, VOX | PUBLISHED APR 4, 2019

“Pete Buttigieg may be a rising star in the 2020 Democratic field, but his strong pro-Israel views may put him at odds with the increasingly pro-Palestinian left flank in his own party.

The 37-year-old openly gay mayor of South Bend, Indiana, has in the past described Israel as a model for the US in how to deal with security threats. He’s blamed most of the suffering in Gaza on Hamas, the Palestinian Islamist political organization and militant group that has run the territory since 2007. And he’s strongly rejected condemnations of Israel — and US support for it — made by progressive lawmakers...
More: https://jewishjournal.com/newsroom/israel/democrats-are-turning-away-from-israel-not-pete-buttigieg/

Superfluous Man
04-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Past week:

Good catch.

When he announced that he was forming an exploratory committee, there was a line in his speech that I wanted someone to ask him about, and I have never heard him address it. But he said that something about a political realignment that he was a part of. He didn't specify anything. My suspicion was that he was talking about foreign policy, where he saw a chance for the Dems to take the military interventionist mantle and let the Republicans go an America-First route. I don't know for sure. But given his policies, and how much he lines up with his party's base on everything else, that seems like the most likely thing he was talking about.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Good catch.

When he announced that he was forming an exploratory committee, there was a line in his speech that I wanted someone to ask him about, and I have never heard him address it. But he said that something about a political realignment that he was a part of. He didn't specify anything. My suspicion was that he was talking about foreign policy, where he saw a chance for the Dems to take the military interventionist mantle and let the Republicans go an America-First route. I don't know for sure. But given his policies, and how much he lines up with his party's base on everything else, that seems like the most likely thing he was talking about.

You never know. Could be a message about aligning more with the Bill Kristol wing of the Democrat Party. Would have to have the full context, and know who he winked at when he said it.

Superfluous Man
04-09-2019, 06:32 AM
You never know. Could be a message about aligning more with the Bill Kristol wing of the Democrat Party. Would have to have the full context, and know who he winked at when he said it.

I didn't notice any clues in the context. But yes, I do think that he is aligned with the Bill Kristol Democrats. He was a big Hillary supporter against Bernie in 2016. And issues-wise this seems like the one issue where he seems unabashed about distinguishing himself from both the other Dem candidates and Trump at the same time.

The exact line was, "I think we are living through a total realignment in the politics of this country."

Here's the transcript. But again, I don't think there's any elaboration of what he means in it.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?457199-1/indiana-mayor-pete-buttigieg-launches-2020-exploratory-committee&start=177

ETA: Perhaps I'm wrong. He does say that there are things he wants to address that his party avoids talking about, and from that he transitions to mentioning three key broad topics that he seems to want to make central to his campaign: freedom, democracy, and security. As he elaborates on those topics, I don't see him say anything that any progressive Democrat would object to. But he does hint at things in his lines about security that I think do generally point in the direction you suggested.

bv3
04-09-2019, 08:30 AM
nah, and I find your colonization of pronunciation disturbing. But-eye-geeg, I says.

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2019, 11:20 AM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-candidate-pete-buttigieg-troubled-by-clemency-for-chelsea-manning/

South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who launched a an exploratory committee in January to run for president in 2020 as a progressive Democrat, is criticizing former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden for disclosing classified information.
Buttigieg told CBS News Radio on the sidelines of the South by Southwest Festival where he spoke over the weekend that he was "troubled" by former President Obama's decision to commute the 35-year prison sentence for Chelsea Manning days before he left office in 2017.

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2019, 11:25 AM

nah, and I find your colonization of pronunciation disturbing. But-eye-geeg, I says.

No idea what the intent is of the video maker is, but the out of place reference to “Jewish” as a pronunciation of his name is strange.

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University. From 2007 to 2010, he was a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[2] Buttigieg served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve from 2009 to 2017...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg

Groomed, vetted, establishment MIC insider operative.

nobody's_hero
04-09-2019, 12:37 PM
A mayor from the city that banned everything, running for president. What could go wrong?

bv3
04-09-2019, 12:43 PM
No idea what the intent is of the video maker is, but the out of place reference to “Jewish” as a pronunciation of his name is strange.

I watched maybe 5 seconds of the video before posting. Strange indeed. Stranger things just happened on the house floor. I can't believe what I just watched. Yikes.

oyarde
04-09-2019, 01:40 PM

Never crack 4 percent is my guess .

unknown
04-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Santorum

pcosmar
04-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Not Really

oyarde
04-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Oh , pretty sure this guy is quite a bit worse than Santorum.

oyarde
04-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Groomed, vetted, establishment MIC insider operative.

Worse than avg . Single payer supporter , anti 2nd amendment , union ties , Global warming nut , Kerry campaign worker ........ and God only knows what this douche was doing at ONI ( naval intelligence ) in maryland .

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2019, 03:43 PM
........ and God only knows what this douche was doing at ONI ( naval intelligence ) in maryland .

Grooming. Spy, economic hitman, politician, something involving deception.

oyarde
04-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Correct . Deception .So now I know what his second hobby is .

oyarde
04-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Guy named his dog after harry truman . You know you cannot trust anyone like that . Truman got in with Boss Tom Pendergrast's nephew James at Fort Sill about 1917. Boss Tom ran the dirty KC Dem party and did the selecting and choosing for state and national candidates .

Philhelm
04-10-2019, 09:11 AM

Pedophilia.

Brian4Liberty
04-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Well, he makes no secret about the human pyramid scheme that the establishment has been creating for decades. No worries, the flood will eventually reach him. Unfortunately for him, it will be more spoiled, NIMBY, California leftists moving there, and the cheap labor will stay in California. California wins again! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533088-Census-2020-Let-the-games-begin!) ;)

https://www.twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1116104783927173126

Brian4Liberty
02-04-2020, 10:43 AM

Time will tell. ;)

And Buttigieg claims a win in Iowa...

Brian4Liberty
02-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Seth Klarman, another big Buttigieg supporter.

Pro-Israel Buttigieg backer Seth Klarman is top funder of group behind Iowa’s disastrous voting app (https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/04/pro-israel-buttigieg-seth-klarman-iowas-voting-app/)

At the time of publication, twelve hours after voting in the Democratic Party’s Iowa caucuses ended, the results have not been announced. The delay in reporting is the result of a failed app developed by a company appropriately named Shadow Inc.

This firm was staffed by Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama campaign veterans and created by a Democratic dark money nonprofit backed by hedge fund billionaires including Seth Klarman. A prolific funder of pro-settler Israel lobby organizations, Klarman has also contributed directly to Pete Buttigieg’s campaign.
An Israel lobby moneyman’s path to Mayor Pete’s wine cave

Shadow Inc. was launched by a major Democratic dark money nonprofit called Acronym, which also gave birth to a $7.7 million Super PAC known as Pacronym.

According to Sludge, Pacronym’s largest donor is Seth Klarman. A billionaire hedge funder, Klarman also happens to be a top donor to Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar.

Though he has attracted some attention for his role in the campaign, Klarman’s prolific funding of the pro-settler Israel lobby and Islamophobic initiatives has gone almost entirely unmentioned.

Seth Klarman is the founder of the Boston-based Baupost Group hedge fund and a longtime donor to corporate Republican candidates. After Donald Trump called for forgiving Puerto Rico’s debt, Klarman – the owner of $911 million of the island’s bonds – flipped and began funding Trump’s opponents.

The billionaire’s crusade against Trump ultimately led him to Mayor Pete’s wine cave.

By the end of 2019, Klarman had donated $5600 to Buttigieg and pumped money into the campaigns of Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris as well.
More: https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/04/pro-israel-buttigieg-seth-klarman-iowas-voting-app/

AngryCanadian
02-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Well, he makes no secret about the human pyramid scheme that the establishment has been creating for decades. No worries, the flood will eventually reach him. Unfortunately for him, it will be more spoiled, NIMBY, California leftists moving there, and the cheap labor will stay in California. California wins again! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533088-Census-2020-Let-the-games-begin!) ;)

https://www.twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1116104783927173126

Will Buttigieg accpet open borders and diversity into his own community and home? :confused:
How could leftists be moving to their paradise of California when everything their is crazy expensive?

Zippyjuan
02-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Seth Klarman, another big Buttigieg supporter.

He also supports Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris.

Swordsmyth
02-04-2020, 06:10 PM
And Buttigieg claims a win in Iowa...

Mayor Cheat is still a minor candidate.

Brian4Liberty
02-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Mayor Cheat is still a minor candidate.

He’s young. His backers invest in the future.