PDA

View Full Version : Break-up USA trigger

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2019, 09:51 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-calls-for-an-end-to-electoral-college/

Many post here have tried to predict or determine what would be the trigger to set in motion the break-up of the USA. That is to say, the Balkanization of the states. The death of the dollar, the pending economic collapse,etc...but I think it would be this, If we were to abolish the electoral college we would see states disband from the union. Right off the top of my head I see West Coast and the New England states splitting from the fly-over states.

Warren joins South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who's also seeking the Democratic presidential nod, in calling for an end to the Electoral College.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 09:54 PM
That'll do it alright.

UWDude
03-27-2019, 09:58 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-calls-for-an-end-to-electoral-college/

Many post here have tried to predict or determine what would be the trigger to set in motion the break-up of the USA. That is to say, the Balkanization of the states. The death of the dollar, the pending economic collapse,etc...but I think it would be this, If we were to abolish the electoral college we would see states disband from the union. Right off the top of my head I see West Coast and the New England states splitting from the fly-over states.

Warren joins South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who's also seeking the Democratic presidential nod, in calling for an end to the Electoral College.

Hmmm... shall we soon see a forcing of the issue?

They really, really want this civil war to touch off.
The idiots think they will get it. And they will. The idiots also think they want it. And they don't.

kona
03-27-2019, 10:00 PM
This would most definitely lead to secession.

Which is exactly why abolishing the EC will never go anywhere.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:06 PM
This would most definitely lead to secession.

Which is exactly why abolishing the EC will never go anywhere.

Unless the left thinks it has enough power to repeat Mr. Lincoln's war.

It would be nice if they get upset that they can't eliminate it and do the seceding.

TheTexan
03-27-2019, 10:08 PM
Your application for secession has been denied.

Reason: this country is called the United States of America.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Your application for secession has been denied.

Reason: this country is called the United States of America.
"One nation, under god, INDIVISIBLE"

You wouldn't want to go against god, he will crush you.

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Hmmm... shall we soon see a forcing of the issue?

They really, really want this civil war to touch off.
The idiots think they will get it. And they will. The idiots also think they want it. And they don't.

Power hungry at any means. The end justifies the means.

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2019, 10:15 PM
Unless the left thinks it has enough power to repeat Mr. Lincoln's war.

It would be nice if they get upset that they can't eliminate it and do the seceding.

Those on the left in California were calling for secession with the California Yes campaign.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:17 PM
Those on the left in California were calling for secession with the California Yes campaign.
Yes, I was disappointed that that died down, maybe now that RM failed them it will start up again if they lose the House again in 2020.

susano
03-27-2019, 10:21 PM
As soon as I started reading I thought the EC, as well. Do these people and states not understand that would take a constitutional amendment? I mean, it appears as they think passing state legislation will do it.

As for secession, Thomas Jefferson believed in it and so do I. No unions by force. It would be a messy divorce, that's for sure. If people think Brexit is bad...

It will be fun to conflate liberals with the Confederates, though. :D

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2019, 10:24 PM
Yes, I was disappointed that that died down, maybe now that RM failed them it will start up again if they lose the House again in 2020.

or Trump re-elected.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:25 PM
or Trump re-elected.
I'm assuming that but I think they will need to lose the House as well before they start talking about leaving again.

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2019, 10:25 PM
As soon as I started reading I thought the EC, as well. Do these people and states not understand that would take a constitutional amendment? I mean, it appears as they think passing state legislation will do it.

As for secession, Thomas Jefferson believed in it and so do I. No unions by force. It would be a messy divorce, that's for sure. If people think Brexit is bad...

LOL yes, the irony is thick. Its like they went full circle back to their Dixiecrat origins.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:27 PM
https://qanon.pub/data/media/ecd98612dfd1716c8badb5c08bba22dc7b62f0e4aac9e0ed7d 84661910cc3f77.jpeg

susano
03-27-2019, 10:39 PM
https://qanon.pub/data/media/ecd98612dfd1716c8badb5c08bba22dc7b62f0e4aac9e0ed7d 84661910cc3f77.jpeg

And nowhere do they love their slaves (cheap labor) more than in the liberal bastion of California.

Swordsmyth
03-27-2019, 10:44 PM
And nowhere do they love their slaves (cheap labor) more than in the liberal bastion of California.
They love them so much that they want to enslave everyone.

susano
03-27-2019, 10:56 PM
They love them so much that they want to enslave everyone.

Yep. A global plantation of serfs serving the well off. That's one reason I am not a libertarian.

TheTexan
03-27-2019, 11:44 PM
Yep. A global plantation of serfs serving the well off. That's one reason I am not a libertarian.

Same here. If being a libertarian means never having a plantation of serfs to call my own, then I gotta pass.