PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party --The importance of Giving Early in the Day

Cardinal Red
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
As we prepare for the excitement of tea party weekend, I wanted to stress the importance of giving early. I'm not saying crash the servers at 12:01 A.M., but, as much as is practical, try to give either shortly after that or early in the morning on the 16th when you wake up. The reason is simple: Money drives media, which drives more money.

The bigger the tea party donations are in the late night/early morning, the more of a story this will be in the media on Tea Party day-- and the more of a media story this is, the bigger our day is likely to be. If people across the country wake up and hear that we've already brought in $2 or $3 Million (or more), several good things will happen

(1) Fence sitters will be inspired to donate-- everyone loves being part of a big, exciting movement

(2) The media will begin covering the story earlier in the day leading to more exposure of the event among the general public

(3) The campaign will send supporters a "Thanks" email like they did November 5th and the bigger our number looks in that email, the more likely our previous supporters are to donate again.

(4) Fence sitters will be inspred to go to their local Tea Party rallies, which will get great media coverage and show that we have support both on the Internet and on the streets.

If you remember how Nov. 5 unfolded, at first the media didn't pick it up, then they started saying "oh it's $1 Million, $2 Million, etc." By the time we really started getting stories on a broad scale, we had lost a lot of our potential coverage for that day. This time, of course, we are all much more prepared.

Remember, just because everyone here is living and breathing Tea Party doesn't mean the world at large is aware of it-- and even if they are aware of it, most are not really paying close attention.

We need to raise so much money early in the day that when everyone in America turns on their TV Sunday morning, and the news is talking about the Tea Party. This will lead to a virtuous circle:

More early money= more media coverage= even more donors and Tea Party participants= even more media coverage.

So start your day right Nov. 16, fellow Dr. Paul supporters-- Make that donation EARLY in the day and we will build great momentum.

Voluntaryist
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
++++++++++++++1

jrich4rpaul
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm donating early. I agree it's better for news coverage and such.

I won't tell people when to donate, but I will say that if you're planning on donating last minute on the 16th to give one last push before midnight, do it early enough to avoid any delays in the system. Like no later than 11:45pm or so the night of the 16th. Waiting till 11:59 is way too risky.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Everyone needs to donate as early as possible.

Micahyah
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
+1

LynnB
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't forget the time change! Midnight Eastern Time! (right?)

torchbearer
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
i'm donating early too.

mtmedlin
12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Im in early.
Maybe we can get 1000 people on this board to commit to donate just after midnight.....maybe make it the 500 club. Anyone that will donate $500 just after midnight could help raise a half million before 1 am.

ursamajor
12-13-2007, 08:28 PM
1:00 am

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 08:32 PM
No one should hold out. By donating everything you can early you encourage others to donate even more. Holding out and donating later only hurts the project.

redfan13
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
thank you for pointing this out, i will remember to donate as soon as i wake up.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2392/pauldt1.jpg