PDA

View Full Version : Utah Governor Signs Bill Making Abortion on Babies with Down Syndrome Illegal

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
The pro-life crowd in Utah gained a major win this week as their Governor signed a life-saving bill.
“HB 166, also known as the Down Syndrome Nondiscrimination Abortion Act, would prohibit women from getting abortions after a pregnancy screen indicates that their unborn child has Down syndrome. The bill includes provisions that specify what Down syndrome is, and require the state Department of Health to create an informational sheet and webpage to inform parents about the disability,” according to Life News. (https://www.lifenews.com/2019/03/23/utah-governor-signs-bill-to-ban-abortions-on-babies-with-down-syndrome/)
Governor Gary Herbert signed the bill into law on Friday after the bill passed by a 20-6 vote (https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/02/28/legislators-send-ban-down/) in the state Senate on Thursday. The Senate President Stuart Adams said, “The blessing of life and the blessing of Down syndrome kids and their simple way of life and the way they look at things, that’s a hard question to answer, and hopefully you just see the value of it,” when asked why the bill is good, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.
The sponsor of H.B. 166, Rep. Karianne Lisonbee told represenatives, “social engineering is alive and well in Utah’s abortion clinics and doctor’s offices today as we see the eradication of babies with Down syndrome.” The new law contains a “trigger” provision, meaning that the courts must rule on its constitutionality before being put into practice.

Another pro-life bill is set to be vote on in the Utah legislature coming up soon. H.B. 136 (https://le.utah.gov/~2019/bills/static/HB0136.html), would make abortions after 18 weeks illegal. Sponsored by Rep. Cheryl Acton, the bill expected to face an uphill battle.
This is a huge victory for the pro-lifers in the Utah!

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/victory-utah-governor-signs-bill-making-abortion-on-babies-with-down-syndrome-illegal/

Dr.3D
03-24-2019, 06:24 PM
:up:

Anti Globalist
03-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Good.

Stratovarious
03-24-2019, 06:36 PM
WITF is the difference ?

Murder is Murder last time I checked.

Retards or Healthy , what am I missing here, is there already a law against
abortion there , abortion for healthy babies?

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 06:41 PM
WITF is the difference ?

Murder is Murder last time I checked.

Retards or Healthy , what am I missing here, is there already a law against
abortion there , abortion for healthy babies?
Thanks to Roe v. Wade they can't just outlaw all abortions so they try to come up with angles to outlaw as many different kinds as possible, outlawing abortions for this reason is one of the latest ways they have thought of.

Stratovarious
03-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Thanks to Roe v. Wade they can't just outlaw all abortions so they try to come up with angles to outlaw as many different kinds as possible, outlawing abortions for this reason is one of the latest ways they have thought of.

I can only think of to legit reasons to abort;

1. Danger to the mother's life, too rare to mention.
2. Impregnated by Alien Lizards under Hillary Clinton's Regional Control (also very rare).

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-24-2019, 08:53 PM
Should have gone all the way and make abortion of kids with down syndrome illegal period. We gotta protect the minorities, you see!!!!

Brian4Liberty
03-24-2019, 09:43 PM
When a test is developed to detect gay or transgender babies before 18 weeks, will everyone switch sides? Or will there all of sudden be a majority who wants to outlaw abortion?

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 11:22 PM
When a test is developed to detect gay or transgender babies before 18 weeks, will everyone switch sides? Or will there all of sudden be a majority who wants to outlaw abortion?
I don't believe there are and genes that make you a qweer or a tranny but even if there were I don't think that any conservatives would support murdering such children and the left would rely on our morality and not support outlawing abortion.

enhanced_deficit
03-24-2019, 11:25 PM
What about babies that don't have DS... okay to abort (baby murder) those in Utah assuming life starts at conception?

Romney is from Utah and he's very pro life too as a mormon.

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 11:33 PM
What about babies that don't have DS... okay to abort (baby murder) those in Utah assuming life starts at conception?

Romney is from Utah and he's very pro life too as a mormon.
They would gladly ban ALL abortions in Utah if it weren't for Roe v. Wade.

enhanced_deficit
03-24-2019, 11:38 PM
They would gladly ban ALL abortions in Utah if it weren't for Roe v. Wade.

New Trump SCOTUS picks , Brett Kavanaugh and other CFR member whose names escapaes me right now, are very solid conservatives and should help fix that. Trump despite being a NY Republican gets big credit for picking such pro-life judges.

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 11:41 PM
New Trump SCOTUS picks , Brett Kavanaugh and other CFR member whose names escapaes me right now, are very solid conservatives and should help fix that. Trump despite being a NY Republican gets big credit for picking such pro-life judges.
Hopefully you are right but I don't trust Roberts, if we are luck Trump will get to replace Darth Bader and and maybe BRAYer soon.

enhanced_deficit
03-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Hopefully you are right but I don't trust Roberts, if we are luck Trump will get to replace Darth Bader and and maybe BRAYer soon.

Does that mean you trust Trump, Brett K and other CFR member he picked as SCOTUS judge?

Swordsmyth
03-24-2019, 11:48 PM
Does that mean you trust Trump, Brett K and other CFR member he picked as SCOTUS judge?
More than Roberts, their records are better than Roberts'.