PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any good ideas for DEMOCRABS.COM?

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I have this domain and never did anything with it. My 4 year old daughter came up with the name "democrabs" when she tried to repeat something she heard on TV. I went and looked and grabbed the domain democrabs.com

I was thinking of some sort of parody on Democrats related to some attributes of crabs. Like walking sideways on the issues, picking things apart, hiding in holes, etc. All in fun of course, don't want to offend our Ron Paul supporting democrats here.

So, anybody have any good ideas? I simply don't have any time.

PM me or respond to this thread with ideas.

Thanks!

nist7
12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
What Would Ron Paul Do?

I'd think Ron Paul would win the democrats over through his unifying message of freedom, peace, and prosperity.....not through opponent/ideology bashing. Of course, the die hard liberals will vote for Kucinich anyways.....

This will only alienate potential Ron Paul supporters and make us look bad.

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Good point... I just thought it was a pretty clever domain name and didn't know what to do with it.

I definitely wouldn't want anything that "bashed" democrats, but more of a funny cartoony (if that's a word) type of site.

A mascot can be used effectively in a campaign if done well.

But yes, I agree, nothing harsh, just something to make people laugh at themselves.

Alopederii
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe just have it forward to a Ron Paul youtube video?

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
OK, that's better than nothing. Any suggestions for a good video to forward it to?

lynnf
12-13-2007, 06:03 PM
OK, that's better than nothing. Any suggestions for a good video to forward it to?

bill and hillary are the king crabs,, har, har, har!

lynn

TheIndependent
12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Democrabs == South Park Crab People

MikeStanart
12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I kinda like it:

But if you're gonna do it; don't make it affiliated with RP, or the RP Revolution.

Just be a critic; using your first ammendment rights.

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Agreed, no RP linkage or affiliation...

adpierce
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
crabs are an STD as well... figure the rest out on your own