PDA

View Full Version : Reuters Admits To Covering Up Beto’s Hacker Past Until After The Ted Cruz Race

Swordsmyth
03-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Reuters admitted that they covered up their knowledge of Beto O’Rourke’s hacker past until after his Senate campaign against Ted Cruz. Why? Because O’Rourke himself made an agreement with them to hold it past the election date. (h/t Thinkologist (https://twitter.com/ChelEarle/status/1107084583990972417)).
Here is Reuters’ stunning admission, which they included in their braggadocios article “Backstory: How Reuters uncovered Beto O’Rourke’s teenage hacking days (https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1QX02M),” apparently without any self-awareness about their treachery: “After more than a year of reporting, Menn persuaded O’Rourke to talk on the record. In an interview in late 2017, O’Rourke acknowledged that he was a member of the group, on the understanding that the information would not be made public until after his Senate race against Ted Cruz in November 2018.”
Unbelievable!
Will they get applauded for this by liberal journalists?

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/fake-news-reuters-admits-to-covering-up-betos-hacker-past-until-after-the-ted-cruz-race/

specsaregood
03-16-2019, 07:48 PM
hacker my ass, he was a script kiddie at best and most likely just some fuck that downloaded pirated software. they are running with this now to try to make him sound edgy since they know trump will refer to him as beta.

acptulsa
03-17-2019, 07:58 AM
These lapdogs aren't journalists. To know something about a journalist and keep it secret through an election is to proclaim to the world you're only a propaganda organ.

"The functionaries of every government have propensities to command at will the liberty and property of their constituents. There is no safe deposit for these but with the people themselves, nor can they be safe with them without information. Where the press is free, and every man able to read, all is safe." --Thomas Jefferson

Reuters has chosen not to be a part of that. It has chosen its role; it isn't worth reading.

ProBlue33
03-17-2019, 08:47 AM
I guess Beto isn't the chosen one for the DNC

Zippyjuan
03-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Things US Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh did in college- insignificant. Things Beto O'Rourke did as a teenager- critically important.

Chester Copperpot
03-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Things US Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh did in college- insignificant. Things Beto O'Rourke did as a teenager- critically important.
youre absolutely right zip..

15 yr old beta stuff is immaterial.

if anything him doing that hacking stuff as a teenager endears him a little to me..

i still wont vote for him but i dislike him a little less

dannno
03-17-2019, 01:37 PM

Both were worthy of reporting before the race, neither on a 24/7 cycle for weeks straight.

All you have to do is see which one got reported endlessly, and which one was covered up, and that tells you the bias of the press.

This story is not about Beto, this story is actually about Reuters.

timosman
03-17-2019, 01:40 PM

Reuters sitting on this information up until after elections is fine with me. :cool:

Zippyjuan
03-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Both were worthy of reporting before the race, neither on a 24/7 cycle for weeks straight.

All you have to do is see which one got reported endlessly, and which one was covered up, and that tells you the bias of the press.

Nobody sued Beto O'Rourke. Several women were suing Kavanaugh. Voters don't get to vote on Kavanaugh and he cannot be removed in addition to being a much more powerful position- the can vote on and if desired remove O'Rourke. Fox sat on news stories(Stormy Daniels) to protect Trump. Kids do stupid things.

timosman
03-17-2019, 01:42 PM

Zippy pulled one of his straw men.

timosman
03-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Several women were suing Kavanaugh.

What happened to these lawsuits? :confused:

Zippyjuan
03-17-2019, 01:48 PM
What happened to these lawsuits? :confused:

I can't find any reports of resolution. Do you have any links?

timosman
03-17-2019, 02:19 PM
I can't find any reports of resolution. Do you have any links?

Resolution :tears:

dannno
03-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Nobody sued Beto O'Rourke. Several women were suing Kavanaugh. Voters don't get to vote on Kavanaugh and he cannot be removed in addition to being a much more powerful position- the can vote on and if desired remove O'Rourke. Fox sat on news stories(Stormy Daniels) to protect Trump. Kids do stupid things.

I would imagine the left is better organized than what you describe. :cool:

jmdrake
03-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Reuters admitted that they covered up their knowledge of Beto O’Rourke’s hacker past until after his Senate campaign against Ted Cruz. Why? Because O’Rourke himself made an agreement with them to hold it past the election date. (h/t Thinkologist (https://twitter.com/ChelEarle/status/1107084583990972417)).
Here is Reuters’ stunning admission, which they included in their braggadocios article “Backstory: How Reuters uncovered Beto O’Rourke’s teenage hacking days (https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1QX02M),” apparently without any self-awareness about their treachery: “After more than a year of reporting, Menn persuaded O’Rourke to talk on the record. In an interview in late 2017, O’Rourke acknowledged that he was a member of the group, on the understanding that the information would not be made public until after his Senate race against Ted Cruz in November 2018.”
Unbelievable!
Will they get applauded for this by liberal journalists?

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/fake-news-reuters-admits-to-covering-up-betos-hacker-past-until-after-the-ted-cruz-race/

Yeah...and the Stormy Daniels story was kept quiet all while Donald Trump was kicking Ted Cruz butt with a fake news story about Cruz being a serial adulterer. Some people here are RPF ran with that garbage. Seems Ted Cruz can never get a break.

Swordsmyth
03-17-2019, 02:50 PM

Exactly.

juleswin
03-17-2019, 02:53 PM
youre absolutely right zip..

15 yr old beta stuff is immaterial.

if anything him doing that hacking stuff as a teenager endears him a little to me..

i still wont vote for him but i dislike him a little less

This ^^^

timosman
03-17-2019, 03:12 PM
This ^^^

Case closed. Beta is an alpha now. :tears:

timosman
03-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Yeah...and the Stormy Daniels story was kept quiet all while Donald Trump was kicking Ted Cruz butt with a fake news story about Cruz being a serial adulterer. Some people here are RPF ran with that garbage. Seems Ted Cruz can never get a break.

Thank you for not accusing anybody of being a nazi sympathizer. :tears:

ProBlue33
03-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Case closed. Beta is an alpha now. :tears:

Nope, still a Beta, he needs to beat Daryl in the rematch only then can he ascend to an Alpha......:D

angelatc
03-17-2019, 06:08 PM

This. The reporter sat on the information specifically because he wanted to jack up sales of his book. He willingly didn't report (which is his job) information which could affect an election because he wanted to maximize the potential profit. Reuters should fire him for that.

jmdrake
03-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Thank you for not accusing anybody of being a nazi sympathizer. :tears:

Thank you for being a lying troll. :cool: The last person to be accused of being a Nazi sympathizer here was AuH2O and I came to his defense. :D

timosman
03-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Thank you for being a lying troll. :cool: The last person to be accused of being a Nazi sympathizer here was AuH2O and I came to his defense. :D

Looks like somebody lied:

Naw. The half that goes around defending racism, falsely accusing non-racists of being racists, falsely accusing people who support Ron Paul's immigration position of being "open borders", and generally following the Stormfart infiltrator's playbook. That half. idiom called it right.

:rolleyes:

jmdrake
03-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Looks like somebody lied:

:rolleyes:

Yes. And that person is you. I never said Nazi sympathizer. That is unless you think all racists are Nazis. And I was responding to someone falsely accusing me of being racist for pointing out racism. That is from the Stormfront playbook. Now I don't know if everyone at Stormfront is a Nazi sympathizer are not. Are you? You are a liar though.

timosman
03-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Yes. And that person is you. I never said Nazi sympathizer. That is unless you think all racists are Nazis. And I was responding to someone falsely accusing me of being racist for pointing out racism. That is from the Stormfront playbook. Now I don't know if everyone at Stormfront is a Nazi sympathizer are not. Are you? You are a liar though.

It seems my gratitude was premature. :tears:

jmdrake
03-17-2019, 10:11 PM
It seems my gratitude was premature. :tears:

Sarcastic gratitude? Okay. Accepted.