PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Sues Texas After Being Fired For Refusing to Sign Pro-Israel Contract

James_Madison_Lives
03-12-2019, 10:47 PM
So much for Don't Mess With Texas. Texas is Israel's bitch.

Pflugerville Independent School District, school contractor refused to sign pledge she won't boycott Israel while under contract.

My question is, just learned from article this is now 17 states, you mean people are actually signing this thing? I wouldn't want that teacher-contractor teaching my kids about the Constitution.

https://www.newsweek.com/teacher-fired-refusing-sign-pro-israel-document-1262083

TEACHER SUES TEXAS AFTER BEING FIRED FOR REFUSING TO SIGN PRO-ISRAEL CONTRACT
BY DANIEL MORITZ-RABSON

A children's speech pathologist lost her job for declining to sign a document requiring she refuse to boycott Israel, according to a lawsuit filed against the Texas attorney general and a school district on Sunday.

Bahia Amawi, who had worked at the school district for nine years, was given a new contract in September. The document required her to affirm "that she does not currently boycott Israel and will not boycott Israel during the term of the contract." When she declined to sign, she "was forced to terminate her contractual relationship with the school district."

"I couldn’t in good conscience do that. If I did, I would not only be betraying Palestinians suffering under an occupation that I believe is unjust and thus, become complicit in their repression, but I’d also be betraying my fellow Americans by enabling violations of our constitutional rights to free speech and to protest peacefully," she said, according to The Intercept.

In May 2017, Texas became the 17th state to prohibit contractors from supporting a boycott of Israel.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jRXuOeugOWU/maxresdefault.jpg

UWDude
03-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Good luck to her.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Discussed on The Liberty Report:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?531300-Senate-Forbids-Israel-Boycott-Is-It-Constitutional

unknown
03-13-2019, 01:53 AM
Insane.

Scary AF.

How do you lose this case?

unknown
03-13-2019, 02:00 AM
WTF kinda authoritarianism is this?

If ever there was a time to boycott and impose sanctions on this enemy State.

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 02:24 AM
"I couldn’t in good conscience do that. If I did, I would not only be betraying Palestinians suffering under an occupation that I believe is unjust and thus, become complicit in their repression, but I’d also be betraying my fellow Americans by enabling violations of our constitutional rights to free speech and to protest peacefully," she said, according to The Intercept.

I'm glad she was fired. I certainly wouldn't want an America-hating anti-semite like that teaching my children.

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 02:28 AM
Bahia Amawi, who had worked at the school district for nine years

They were letting a muslim/terrorist teach at the school for nine years????

Wow, it's a good thing she was fired when she was.

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 05:38 AM
I'm glad she was fired. I certainly wouldn't want an America-hating anti-semite like that teaching my children.
Anti Semite?

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 05:43 AM
Anti Semite?

She refused to refuse to boycott Israel. She's also Muslim.

So, yes, anti-semite.

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 05:56 AM
She refused to refuse to boycott Israel. She's also Muslim.

So, yes, anti-semite.

How is Islam Different that Judaism ?

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 05:58 AM
They were letting a muslim/terrorist teach at the school for nine years????

Wow, it's a good thing she was fired when she was.
Why on earth would anyone need to be called anti semite for refusing to refuse anything ?

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 06:01 AM
My allegiance is to American no one else, I'll never be an Israel Firster.

War crimes, thievery , and Like Islam , these are the two most self inclusive , narcissistic
, racists sects on earth.
So how is it that Boycotting anything suppresses Freedom, freedom of choice, free speech?

Is Israel not repeating Hitler's mistakes?

spudea
03-13-2019, 06:03 AM
I imagine this forum would 100% agree with the law that bans the use of public funds for abortions. So this forum does agree there can be conditions on the use of public funds. A pro abortion activist would scream "REEEE YOU ARE VIOLATING MY RIGHTS VIEWS AND SPEECH", but that wouldn't be true, people are still free to get abortions, they just have to pay for it themselves.

This case is the same. The Texas law sets conditions on the use of public funds. This person is not being fined, penalized, or thrown in jail for her views/speech. She is not being denied access to a public square to express her views/speech. If her work is so vital and important, she is free to start her own business, and the parents/children that use her services can pay her directly. The public school is under no obligation to provide this advanced speech therapy for free, using my tax dollars. This is not a constitutional free speech issue.

Maybe you disagree with the law. But that is a political opinion, you are free to advocate for and if you can get enough votes, you can change the law.

Personally, I'm fine with the law and don't want my tax dollars used to pay potential anti-Semites and potential Jew haters.

Origanalist
03-13-2019, 06:06 AM
Lol, I'm not sure what is satire and what isn't in this thread.

Origanalist
03-13-2019, 06:24 AM
I imagine this forum would 100% agree with the law that bans the use of public funds for abortions. So this forum does agree there can be conditions on the use of public funds. A pro abortion activist would scream "REEEE YOU ARE VIOLATING MY RIGHTS VIEWS AND SPEECH", but that wouldn't be true, people are still free to get abortions, they just have to pay for it themselves.

This case is the same. The Texas law sets conditions on the use of public funds. This person is not being fined, penalized, or thrown in jail for her views/speech. She is not being denied access to a public square to express her views/speech. If her work is so vital and important, she is free to start her own business, and the parents/children that use her services can pay her directly. The public school is under no obligation to provide this advanced speech therapy for free, using my tax dollars. This is not a constitutional free speech issue.

Maybe you disagree with the law. But that is a political opinion, you are free to advocate for and if you can get enough votes, you can change the law.

Personally, I'm fine with the law and don't want my tax dollars used to pay potential anti-Semites and potential Jew haters.

Next thing you know Texas would be like California, full of Nazi's.

https://russia-insider.com/sites/insider/files/styles/w726xauto/public/main/2019-Mar-12/screenshot_2019-03-12_at_10.13.17_pm.png?itok=MvLV38T-

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 06:29 AM

Well since it is public funds, then I would think that the aim would be to get the best bang for our buck and the best possible people to perform the job. I fail to see what ones personal views on the state of Israel and boycotts has to do with speech pathology. She wasn't teaching history class. Are you concerned she was going to have kids working on their speech impediments by saying "hitler, himler, third reich, nazi" and similar?

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 06:31 AM
Lol, I'm not sure what is satire and what isn't in this thread.
??

Superfluous Man
03-13-2019, 06:58 AM

That word "potential" is awfully broad. Sounds like we're all guilty until proven innocent.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 07:04 AM
That word "potential" is awfully broad. Sounds like we're all guilty until proven innocent.

good point, and excellent. This means that no public employees could be hired! genius.

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 07:15 AM
How is Islam Different that Judaism ?

Islams very rudely built homes long ago where Israel was supposed to be.

It's a lot of work and costs Israel a lot of money to bulldoze those homes.

unknown
03-13-2019, 08:18 AM

Why just izrael?

The oath should prevent the criticizing or boycotting of any foreign State.

We dont want our tax dollars used to pay potential anti-[insert group name here] and potential [insert religion name here] haters.

spudea
03-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Why just izrael?

The oath should prevent the criticizing or boycotting of any foreign State.

We dont want our tax dollars used to pay potential anti-[insert group name here] and potential [insert religion name here] haters.

If you think it is worth it and can get a majority of votes in a representative legislature, then go for it. I don't see how that is different than denying public funds for abortion. You have people that are pro abortion, you have people that are anti abortion. The difference is the anti abortion people are in the majority and made the law.

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 10:06 AM
If you think it is worth it and can get a majority of votes in a representative legislature, then go for it. I don't see how that is different than denying public funds for abortion. You have people that are pro abortion, you have people that are anti abortion. The difference is the anti abortion people are in the majority and made the law.

The Majority of Americans do not support Israel's war crimes nor their on going Robberies of neighboring lands.
But America must bow to Israel Firsters.

timosman
03-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Is Israel not repeating Hitler's mistakes?

No. Hitler, as we all know, had bad intentions. :cool:

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2019, 11:01 AM

Well since it is public funds, then I would think that the aim would be to get the best bang for our buck and the best possible people to perform the job. I fail to see what ones personal views on the state of Israel and boycotts has to do with speech pathology. She wasn't teaching history class. Are you concerned she was going to have kids working on their speech impediments by saying "hitler, himler, third reich, nazi" and similar?

Yeah, I’m not seeing where she is advocating anything at work. Thus, state funds are not paying for any particular political opinion or religion.

On the other hand, it is accepted and often encouraged for teachers to push all kinds of leftist political activism on the job.

How long should the list of unacceptable thought or activity be on a contract for a government employee?

Anti Globalist
03-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Thats what happens when you go up against the Israeli lobbyists. She'll probably never be able to get a teaching job in that state again.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Zionism = politics
Judaism = religion

Q: How many Zionists does it take to screw in a lite bulb?
A: One to change the bulb and millions to accuse GE, Edison, tungsten and electricity of being "anti-Semitic."

Q: What did the Zionist answer, on his job application form, when asked about his desired occupation?
A: Occupation!

enhanced_deficit
03-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Bit surprized, this news is not even reported in NBC news headlines today.

So much for Don't Mess With Texas. Texas is Israel's bitch.

In May 2017, Texas became the 17th state to prohibit contractors from supporting a boycott of Israel.

Texas is 'lyin' Ted Cruz country and also home of controversial Christian Evangelical group CUFI (Christians United For Israel) headed by MAGA supporter Pastor Hagee that some anti-occupation Jewish-Americans see as an anti-semitic group.

Top Recipients of Pro-Israel Campaign Contributions 2018
(https://infogram.com/_/QiyJBcgu5PFQVFmYMnRj)With controversial comments from Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) putting a spotlight on pro-Israel spending, these are the five candidates who received the most in 2018.
Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)
Ted Cruz (R-Texas)

Texas GOP Senator Ted Cruz : “Those who hate Israel hate America”
Sep. 11, 2014
Lebanon envoy withdraws in protest of Israel remarks
BEIRUT: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz was booed offstage during a dinner for the Middle East's Christian conference in Washington D.C., with his pro-Zionists comments causing many Lebanese figures to withdraw in anger, including the Lebanese ambassador to the U.S.
As part of the controversial speech that led to the withdrawal of Ambassador Antoine Chedid, Cruz evoked the old argument that whoever disliked the state of Israel was anti-Semitic and did not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Related

Ilhan Omar Tweets That U.S. Politicians' Support for Israel Is 'All About the Benjamins'

Democratic congresswoman's words suggesting money is behind pro-Israel stances were widely criticized as 'anti-semitic'

https://twitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/omar_benj.png

9/11 was to punish U.S. for Israel policy: Philip Zelikow 9/11 Commission Exec. Dir. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHely2_KkC4&list=PLfrlsC1yJ2dRtvvzX47VwYbu6X-cQuvMM)

James_Madison_Lives
03-13-2019, 01:04 PM

So your allegiance is to Israel? Or America? It can't be both.

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Thats what happens when you go up against the Israeli lobbyists. She'll probably never be able to get a teaching job in that state again.

If she flipped and said she now Prays to Israel nightly, and boycotts America , she could get her job back.

Swordsmyth
03-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I’m not seeing where she is advocating anything at work. Thus, state funds are not paying for any particular political opinion or religion.

^^^THIS^^^

Anti Globalist
03-13-2019, 03:56 PM
If she flipped and said she now Prays to Israel nightly, and boycotts America , she could get her job back.
Even if she were to do that, they probably won't believe her for one second.

James_Madison_Lives
03-13-2019, 04:44 PM

Satire right?

Swordsmyth
03-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Satire right?

The Texican always posts satire unless he states otherwise.

enhanced_deficit
03-13-2019, 05:26 PM
The Texican always posts satire unless he states otherwise.

To be fair, 'often' might be more accurate than 'always'.. have never seen him post anything satirical about AIPAC, Jarvanka, Netanyahu. Adelson or our closest ally that does not bribe US politicians to get such America-First laws approved in US states.

Origanalist
03-13-2019, 05:28 PM

Sounds pretty objective to me.....:rolleyes:

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 05:28 PM
So your allegiance is to Israel? Or America? It can't be both.

Israel is one of our most valuable allies. Without Israel there to destabilize the region, we wouldn't have near as many reasons to bomb/invade the surrounding oil producing nations.

Israel's contributions to America cannot be overstated.

Origanalist
03-13-2019, 05:29 PM
//

enhanced_deficit
03-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Israel's contributions to America cannot be understated.

That's a fantastic statement.
On a related note, what are your views on contributions to America of lobbies like AIPAC, MAGA's top funder Adelson? :)

TheTexan
03-13-2019, 05:38 PM
That's a fantastic statement.
On a related note, what are your views on contributions to America of lobbies like AIPAC, MAGA's top funder Adelson? :)

I think its a shame they need to lobby at all. America is supposed to be giving money to Israel, not the other way around.

enhanced_deficit
04-26-2019, 07:03 PM
Another setback for GOP-Adelson and global interventionist neocons (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533868-Another-setback-for-GOP-Adelson-and-global-interventionist-neocons&)Ryan Autullo
Apr 25, 2019

In a victory for freedom of speech advocates and a setback for conservative state leaders, U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman on Thursday issued a temporary injunction on a politically charged law that bars state contract workers from boycotting Israel.

By blocking the state from enforcing the 2-year-old law, Pitman sided with Palestinian speech pathologist Bahia Amawi, who lost her contract position with the Pflugerville School district in October when she refused to sign her initials on an agreement saying she does not boycott Israel and would not do so for the remainder of her contract.

Amawi, a 46-year-old mother from Round Rock, testified in Pitman’s Austin courtroom last month that she refuses to buy certain items (https://www.statesman.com/news/20190329/dozens-show-up-to-support-woman-challenging-anti-israel-boycott-law), such as hummus and classroom toys, that are made by Israeli companies. Staring out at dozens of members of the local Muslim community, she told the court that Israel has long mistreated her family and other Palestinians and she could not in good conscience certify that she would refuse to boycott the country.
In 2017, Gov. Greg Abbott signed a law that prohibits governmental entities (https://www.statesman.com/news/20190118/does-texas-anti-israel-boycott-law-pass-constitutional-muster) from contracting with and investing in companies that boycott Israel, the state’s fourth-leading trade partner. The law is a response to the “Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions” movement, often referred to as BDS, that seeks to change Israeli policy toward Palestinians. In defending the constitutionality of the law, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has said the state had a right to boycott boycotters.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190...cotting-israel (https://www.statesman.com/news/20190425/federal-judge-rules-against-texas-in-ban-on-boycotting-israel)