PDA

View Full Version : KY-Gov. signs "Constitutional Carry" bill, becomes 16th state to do so

Anti Federalist
03-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Governor signs KY bill into law allowing concealed carry without permit

http://www.wave3.com/2019/03/12/bevin-signs-ky-bill-into-law-allowing-concealed-carry-without-permit/

March 11, 2019 at 10:28 PM EST - Updated March 12 at 7:21 AM

FRANKFORT, KY (WAVE) - Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin signed a bill to change gun laws in the Commonwealth.

Bevin signed the NRA-backed measure, Senate Bill 150, into law Monday. It allows anyone 21 and over to carry a concealed weapon without a permit in the state of Kentucky.

Supporters said the bill reinforces Kentuckians’ constitutional rights to bear arms. Critics have voiced concerns about safety and lack of training.

The law goes into effect in July.

People can still get a concealed carry permit after July, but it will no longer be mandatory. Kentuckians who travel to other states and wish to conceal carry may opt to keep their permit.

The NRA said Kentucky is the 16th state to allow for permitless conceal carry.

jkr
03-12-2019, 02:04 PM
NICE!
freedom for me is one state away-split amongst 2 states...why does Ohio suk dik?

Anti Globalist
03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
I'd be even better if people 18-20 were also included.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Governor signs KY bill into law allowing concealed carry without permit

...Critics have voiced concerns about safety and lack of training.

Valid concern.

What can be done to promote safety training without government being involved? Guns shops and ranges offer safety training, and refuse to sell or serve people until they have taken a course? NRA/GOA step up their game and promote safety training?

Anti Federalist
03-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Valid concern.

What can be done to promote safety training without government being involved? Guns shops and ranges offer safety training, and refuse to sell or serve people until they have taken a course? NRA/GOA step up their game and promote safety training?

I'd say that niche is being filled satisfactorily, without more government or laws:

http://www.gunfacts.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/CHILDREN-AND-GUNS-Accidental-Child-Firearm-Deaths-and-Handgun-Supply.png

Swordsmyth
03-12-2019, 05:07 PM
In before PAF tells us how bad this is for liberty.

PAF
03-12-2019, 09:34 PM
In before PAF tells us how bad this is for liberty.

Any bill that establishes setting a precedent of “overriding” the 2nd is a loss for liberty. It is the statist agenda.

What a shame that Bevin didn’t just simply enforce that anybody who violates a persons Natural Born Right regardless of age, under 21 mothers included, would be held accountable and prosecuted (18 USC 241 and 18 USC 242).

That is why the Bill of Rights are dead. And here you are blaming undocumented immigrants for transforming our government, when it is you who actually support that effort.

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/recorddocuments/bill/19RS/sb150/bill.pdf

Swordsmyth
03-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Any bill that establishes setting a precedent of “overriding” the 2nd is a loss for liberty. It is the statist agenda.

What a shame that Bevin didn’t just simply enforce that anybody who violates a persons Natural Born Right regardless of age, under 21 mothers included, would be held accountable and prosecuted (18 USC 241 and 18 USC 242).

That is why the Bill of Rights are dead. And here you are blaming undocumented immigrants for transforming our government, when it is you who actually support that effort.

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/recorddocuments/bill/19RS/sb150/bill.pdf
LOL
This bill doesn't establish any precedent, it weakens an old bad one.

PAF
03-12-2019, 09:39 PM
LOL
This bill doesn't establish any precedent, it weakens an old bad one.

There is nothing funny about it. You obviously ignore/reject what I wrote because your true colors are brightened with Tide.

Swordsmyth
03-12-2019, 09:43 PM
There is nothing funny about it. You obviously ignore/reject what I wrote because your true colors are brightened with Tide.
LOL
Your self defeating perfectionism is funny.

Go tell all the people who won't be harassed by the kops now for carrying concealed how much worse off they are.

PAF
03-13-2019, 08:29 AM
LOL

Go tell all the people who won't be harassed by the kops now for carrying concealed how much worse off they are.

I think it is well known, to me anyway, that you support statist agendas.

As Ron Paul has said many times, good intentions lead to bad consequences.

So now that these bills “allow” age 21 and over, leaving 20 and under out to dry, and the “precedent” will be welcome by many stupid people, I can see where raising the age to 25 to be a “legal” adult can someday happen.

Yes, Swordy, I am very well grounded and very principled. You think that’s funny.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Statist Ron Paul would have happily backed this bill.

PAF
03-13-2019, 08:56 AM

Don’t complain that the Constitution is dead.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Don’t complain that the Constitution is dead.

I try not to complain when more people get more freedom without having to go to war for it.
You just keep on being happy with less freedom, it gives you something simple to bitch about.

PAF
03-13-2019, 09:03 AM

From Ron Paul’s latest article:

That is why those of us who understand the benefits of liberty must remain vigilant against any attempt to erode respect for our rights, especially the right to defend ourselves against private crime and public tyranny.

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/bipartisan-attacks-on-the-second-amendment

Yet you condone leaving 20 year old and under out to dry, by “legislation”.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 09:06 AM
From Ron Paul’s latest article:
http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/bipartisan-attacks-on-the-second-amendment
Yet you condone leaving 20 year old and under out to dry, by “legislation”.

I don't like it, but did 20yr olds lose any freedom from this or were they already limited before this legislation?

PAF
03-13-2019, 09:11 AM
I don't like it, but did 20yr olds lose any freedom from this or were they already limited before this legislation?

Read post #7

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Read post #7

way to dodge. people do that when they don't want to give an honest answer. were 20yr olds already restricted the same or more so prior to this bill passing?

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 09:15 AM

lol

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 09:17 AM
LOL

''''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.''

PAF
03-13-2019, 09:18 AM
way to dodge. people do that when they don't want to give an honest answer. were 20yr olds already restricted the same or more so prior to this bill passing?

I did not dodge, I wrote that post earlier.

Think about trumps “raise the age to 21”, now states are doing it, giving legitimacy to “bills” rather than to defend and protect the Natural Right of all people outlined in the 2nd Amendment regardless of age.

We already have laws in place for criminal acts. The 2nd does not need to be disturbed.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 09:19 AM
I did not dodge, I wrote that post earlier.

Think about trumps “raise the age to 21”, now states are doing it, giving legitimacy to “bills” rather than to defend and protect the Natural Right of all people outlined in the 2nd Amendment regardless of age.

We already have laws in place for criminal acts. The 2nd does not need to be disturbed.

So, prior to this bill passing, could 20yr olds conceal carry without a permit in KY without risk of getting arrested. Yes or No?

PAF
03-13-2019, 09:28 AM
So, prior to this bill passing, could 20yr olds conceal carry without a permit in KY without risk of getting arrested. Yes or No?

I did not read each states legislation, but I believe the answer is no.

My post #7 still stands, followed up with post #11, otherwise “happy we won precedent” will be set which takes legitimacy/accountability away from the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

specsaregood
03-13-2019, 09:35 AM
I did not read each states legislation, but I believe the answer is no.

My post #7 still stands, followed up with post #11, otherwise “happy we won precedent” will be set which takes legitimacy/accountability away from the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

So nobody lost more freedoms as a result, but a great many gained back their freedoms. And you think that is bad, got it.

PAF
03-13-2019, 09:41 AM
So nobody lost more freedoms as a result, but a great many gained back their freedoms. And you think that is bad, got it.

oops I left one out... followed up by post #13

PAF
03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Related thread:

Constitution Under Attack - by Ron Paul - March 11, 2019

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532351-Constitution-under-attack-Bipartisan-Attacks-on-the-Second-Amendment

Anti Federalist
03-13-2019, 10:52 AM

No I don't either, but I'm pretty certain that once one of these "under 21" cases finds it's way to SCROTUS, they will be overturned.

Anti Federalist
03-13-2019, 10:54 AM

He's right, you know.

Stratovarious
03-13-2019, 11:05 AM

This --------/\--------------------/\----------------------/\------------------------/\

Danke
03-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Everything should be raised to a minimum of 21. Get those punks off my roads!

And the bill still needs some work, I see no restrictions on women possessing firearms.

Swordsmyth
03-13-2019, 02:11 PM

So now that these bills “allow” age 21 and over, leaving 20 and under out to dry, and the “precedent” will be welcome by many stupid people, I can see where raising the age to 25 to be a “legal” adult can someday happen.

Yes, Swordy, I am very well grounded and very principled. You think that’s funny.
You are crazy and that is funny.
The precedent that the government could restrict concealed carry was already set a long time ago and this weakens it.