PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi Rules Out Impeachment: Trump ‘Just Not Worth It’

Anti Federalist
03-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Nancy Pelosi Rules Out Impeachment: Trump ‘Just Not Worth It’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/11/nancy-pelosi-rules-out-impeachment-trump-just-not-worth-it/

11 Mar 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is ruling out impeaching President Donald Trump, arguing in an interview with the Washington Post Monday that “he’s just not worth it.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it,” Pelosi told the Post.

Pelosi’s remarks come as House Democrats are expanding their investigation into President Trump and his allies, having requested documents from over 80 individuals and entities regarding their finances and communications. Some lawmakers are hopeful their probe will uncover impeachable offenses.

In addition to the speaker, top Democrats such as House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) have also voiced opposition to discussions about impeachment, urging caution until the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on his investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election.

However, their pleas have not deterred some Democrats from demanding President Trump’s ouster. In a recent appearance on MSNBC, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) claimed the president’s actions have already “crossed the threshold of what was brought for impeachment” against President Richard Nixon. “[W]hat we know is that the president’s behavior has already crossed the threshold of what was brought for impeachment before the House in the Nixon administration and the Clinton administration. In fact, he crossed those thresholds in the first weeks or months of office. And so, that is another means, if these other means fail, to control this president,” he said.

Rep. Al Green (D-TX) announced last month that he will bring a vote on impeachment to the House floor for a third time, despite failing to hold a successful vote in 2017 and 2018. The Texas Democrat said he will propose the measure regardless of the Mueller’s findings, vowing to “act on Trump’s bigotry.”

PAF
03-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Whewwww, that was close. Good thing he signed that great big Omnibus, “emergency” bill and the bump stock ban. Otherwise he wouldn’t be considered a team player.

invisible
03-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Why would an authoritarian police-stater want to impeach another authoritarian police-stater? A statement of it "not being worth it" is hardly necessary.

Anti Globalist
03-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Guess she must have saw a sneak peek at Muellers report.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Meh...I frankly wish they would.

Be curious to see if "I don't like that fucking guy" is an impeachable offense.

oyarde
03-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Nancy Pelosi Rules Out Impeachment: Trump ‘Just Not Worth It’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/11/nancy-pelosi-rules-out-impeachment-trump-just-not-worth-it/

11 Mar 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is ruling out impeaching President Donald Trump, arguing in an interview with the Washington Post Monday that “he’s just not worth it.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it,” Pelosi told the Post.

Pelosi’s remarks come as House Democrats are expanding their investigation into President Trump and his allies, having requested documents from over 80 individuals and entities regarding their finances and communications. Some lawmakers are hopeful their probe will uncover impeachable offenses.

In addition to the speaker, top Democrats such as House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) have also voiced opposition to discussions about impeachment, urging caution until the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on his investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election.

However, their pleas have not deterred some Democrats from demanding President Trump’s ouster. In a recent appearance on MSNBC, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) claimed the president’s actions have already “crossed the threshold of what was brought for impeachment” against President Richard Nixon. “[W]hat we know is that the president’s behavior has already crossed the threshold of what was brought for impeachment before the House in the Nixon administration and the Clinton administration. In fact, he crossed those thresholds in the first weeks or months of office. And so, that is another means, if these other means fail, to control this president,” he said.

Rep. Al Green (D-TX) announced last month that he will bring a vote on impeachment to the House floor for a third time, despite failing to hold a successful vote in 2017 and 2018. The Texas Democrat said he will propose the measure regardless of the Mueller’s findings, vowing to “act on Trump’s bigotry.”
What she really means is she figures the chances of them beating trump are much greater than beating Pence .

PAF
03-11-2019, 04:03 PM
So if we focus on this, are we allowed to not worry about other stuff like Common Core? I don’t want to waste my time on things that wastes my time.

TheTexan
03-11-2019, 04:06 PM
She couldn't if she wanted to. Trump has too much bi-partisan support. The best bi-partisan support, you wouldn't believe.

dude58677
03-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Whewwww, that was close. Good thing he signed that great big Omnibus, “emergency” bill and the bump stock ban. Otherwise he wouldn’t be considered a team player.

I’m infuriated that he ended the shutdown. That was his chance to reduce government and he showed his true colors. What’s he’s presently doing with the budget proposal, it’s all lip service.

donnay
They have nothing to impeach him on. Just as Mueller has nothing on Russian Collusion.

Anti Federalist
So if we focus on this, are we allowed to not worry about other stuff like Common Core? I don’t want to waste my time on things that wastes my time.

Why are you worried about Common Core?

No sane, rational, "liberty" person would have their kids within 1000 yards of a government indoctrination center...I would think.

PAF
03-11-2019, 04:10 PM

No sane, rational, "liberty" person would have their kids within 1000 yards of a government indoctrination center...I would think.

It’s not the liberty folks - it’s the “education” that the non-liberty aware folks are getting.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
It’s not the liberty folks - it’s the “education” that the non-liberty aware folks are getting.

Yah, fair enough, we see the consequences of that playing out right in front of us.

invisible
03-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Advocating for the government to "protect culture" is advocating for government indoctrincation. No need to worry about common core if the Department Of Education was eliminated.

PAF
03-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Yah, fair enough, we see the consequences of that playing out right in front of us.

I would certainly like at least a tweet, or a fox tv show one night where trump suggests it. Even just once to get a reaction by today’s “republicans”.

dannno
03-11-2019, 04:18 PM
In a recent appearance on MSNBC, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) claimed the president’s actions have already “crossed the threshold of what was brought for impeachment” against President Richard Nixon.

LOL.. you mean the Democrats, who paid for a fake dossier, in order to get an illegal search warrant, in order to spy on their political opponents (aka the Trump campaign)?????

Fucking unreal.

PAF
03-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Advocating for the government to "protect culture" is advocating for government indoctrincation. No need to worry about common core if the Department Of Education was eliminated.

EXACTLY. When I refer to one or the other, I am referring to both. But yes the FedDeptEd is core to our country’s problems. As long as it stays intact, nothing else matters.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM
I would certainly like at least a tweet, or a fox tv show one night where trump suggests it. Even just once to get a reaction by today’s “republicans”.

The GOP used to makes noises about abolishing the Dept. of Education...but don't anymore.

PAF
03-11-2019, 04:25 PM
The GOP used to makes noises about abolishing the Dept. of Education...but don't anymore.

A result of.............Common Core!

That should be primary talking point of the next election, but no, I will no longer hold my breath. But I do raise that issue everywhere that I go.

Swordsmyth
03-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Advocating for the government to "protect culture" is advocating for government indoctrincation.
Not necessarily, no government indoctrination is required to limit the number of immigrants from countries with cultures hostile to liberty.