PDA

View Full Version : SC-Mayor's car gets coated in tree pollen: She claims it was a racist hate crime

Anti Federalist
03-05-2019, 10:26 PM
S.C. MAYOR SAYS ‘YELLOW STICKY SUBSTANCE’ ON HER CAR WAS SPRAYED BY VANDALS, POLICE SAY IT’S JUST POLLEN

https://www.newsweek.com/darnell-byrd-mcpherson-mayor-lamar-south-carolina-hate-crime-pollen-spray-1349289

BY M.L. NESTEL ON 3/1/19 AT 4:07 PM

The mayor of a South Carolina town believed she was the target of a hate crime after cars belonging to her and her husband were dusted with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky substance.”

Local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7 at 10 p.m. local time, someone sprayed her 2017 Symphony Silver Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s soft-top 1998 Buick Roadmaster with a residue outside of their home.

https://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/embed_tablet/public/2019/03/01/lamar-mayor-hate-crime.jpg

The material, she remembered, “got in all of the grooves” of her husband’s gray sedan.

The mayor had recently returned to her home from a meeting in the larger city of Hartsville, about 22 miles north of Lamar.

“My husband went out to the car to get some things out of the garage,” she told Newsweek. “He says, ‘Somebody’s painted your car!’”

South Carolina local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7, someone sprayed her 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s1998 Buick Roadmaster with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky” residue outside of their home.

She recalled that the couple’s neighbor, who had stopped by in his van to pick up some laundry, also chimed in.

“Darnell, there’s something on your car,” she remembered him saying. “They started rubbing it, and it was this yellow, sticky substance. So it was like, What is this?”

She said her husband and the neighbor “started scraping all over” their cars to rid what she described as a “grainy substance” akin to industrial spray foam used to patch concrete.

“It looked like little pebbles,” she added.

Setting in was the deafening fear of an attack.

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, there’s a history in our town of Lamar,” the volunteer mayor of the town with approximately 980 constituents, said.

Lamar, South Carolina, has a population of 977, according to the U.S. Census. In the 1970s, racist acts were not uncommon in Lamar, where the mayor said burning crosses was once a pastime.

In the 1970s, racist acts were not uncommon in Lamar, where the mayor said burning crosses was once a pastime.

According to a New York Times article dated March 4, 1970, an estimated 200 vigilante white men wielding ax handles, chains and stones—charged three school buses carrying black children, and prevented them from heading to attend newly segregated schools. Many of the kids were injured by smashed bus window glass.

Once the buses were emptied, the mob tipped two of them over before state police were able to restore order.

“If the safety of our children is not sacred to all men, then the entire process of law and government is meaningless,” Governor Robert E. McNair declared afterward.

The memories of the past were front and center for Mayor McPherson upon seeing her car defaced.

“It ignited some fear in my spirit,” she said. “My God, who would do that?

“It was something; it was just unnerving to me.”

In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson’s husband asked her, “Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint.”

In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, her husband asked her, "Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint."

The report went on to detail how the mayor and her husband streaked a finger over the tarnished parts surfacing the car and "realized it was not paint and that the substance could be removed with a finger; similar to pollen."

She explained in the interview with Newsweek that there were no words or symbols drawn on the cars. The cars were parked in the street near the end of the couple's driveway, a block and a half from Lamar’s downtown.

“To me that was the message,” she said.

Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, of Lamar, South Carolina, claims her Hyundai and her husband’s Buick were sprayed with a strange residue by a “disgruntled person.” Authorities, however, doubted a crime had occurred and claimed the substance was actually pollen.

The mayor says she has lived and traveled throughout the Southeast and calls herself a “peacemaker.”

“It’s not like I just grew up in this community and don’t have any experience,” she stated.

She has served as Lamar’s volunteer mayor for one year while working full-time as the Executive Director of the Darlington County First Steps, which serves to strengthen families through education.

The mayor is hard-pressed to understand why she was targeted.

“I have a good reputation,” she said. I have never been subjected to something like this.”

Both cars were rigorously cleaned the day after the incident, and therefore a sample of the substance, whatever it was, wasn’t preserved.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned—pressure-washed twice—there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” argued McPherson.

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo explained that an investigation was opened to determine what the substance was on both cars.

“We found it to be pollen,” Kilgo explained in an interview with Newsweek. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

The report that was taken included details of an examination by two sheriff's officials (a sergeant and a deputy) "immediately came to the conclusion that the substance had a yellowish tint to it and that it's a type of powder similar to pollen."

Though the possibility was raised that the car’s mysterious coating could have been pollen and not the result of foul play, McPherson remained convinced someone was behind it.

"It's something," she said. "Something that's sticky that's stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off."

Though the possibility was raised that the car’s mysterious coating could have been pollen and not the result of foul play, Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson remained convinced someone was behind it.

Kilgo explained that once the mayor was intent that she had been attacked, the local agency referred the matter to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division or SLED.

“Due the suspicion from her of it being a hate crime, we couldn’t say no,” he said.

The report added that the mayor also had "a possible suspect in mind at the time" of the incident.

A SLED spokeswoman informed Newsweek that after receiving the report, the decision was made against launching a probe.

“We reviewed the incident report, but we did not open a formal investigation,” she said.

As to why they didn’t open a probe? “Because we did not believe a crime occurred.”

When McPherson attended a town meeting after the incident, she learned from her local law enforcement personnel that there had been additional threats.

“There’s a police officer who came to me and said, ‘There’s rumors out there that they’re going to assassinate you,’” the mayor recounted.

She had asked the local law enforcement to file a complaint about the purported death threat as well.

“That’s a federal crime,” she said she told the officer at the time.

After the car situation, the mayor remained upbeat and was determined to be a unifier.

“What do we need to do in Lamar? I say, we need to come together,” she said. “There should be something else…. But there’s always these remnants of racism.”

The mess on her car wasn't what bothered her—it was speculating the intent of whoever might have made it.

"I don't care about a car," she said. "What I want is my life."

Anti Federalist
03-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Now, the same thing applies to this as it does with that asshole Smollet.

What if some hapless MAGA hat wearing white guy was just passing by at the time?

jon4liberty
03-05-2019, 10:41 PM
The party of victimhood and inferiority

Wooden Indian
03-05-2019, 11:17 PM
I won't say all trees are racist, but these White Oaks are systematically oppressing the Black Walnuts that built this forest after stealing it from the Red Wood Cedars.

TheTexan
03-05-2019, 11:25 PM
I don't know why their minds immediately jumped to "hate crime", when this incident was clearly something else - a terrorist attack to cause mass allergies.

aGameOfThrones
03-06-2019, 03:06 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/ae/be/43aebeab92bb75b2c2b2cde527d800c9.gif

Danke
03-06-2019, 04:11 AM
No Justice, No Peace!

https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/dbm-770x1024.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-06-2019, 04:23 AM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Schifference
03-06-2019, 05:29 AM
These are the people elected to solve problems. She should be let go.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 05:59 AM
So lemme get this straight, her car and her husband's car that was parked in his garage were sprayed with this substance, the police did not get a sample, no reports of any of the neighbours complaining or mentioning that their cars also had this substance on it. My guess is that this mayor has lived in this city for a while now, hopefully long enough to know what pollen looks like. She thinks something was off with this spray and sadly the story doesn't give me enough to say that nothing happen

Normally I would have sided with the police because for one, the crime is way to complex for most criminals in a small town to pull off and there is little reason by the police to lie about this. But I was reading hoping to hear what her neighbours said about the attack, did they also have their cars dusted with the yellow substance? Because if it was just the lady and husband that had this happen to their cars and this is not a normal occurence in the town then maybe just maybe, there is another explanation to the attack.

Schifference
03-06-2019, 06:13 AM
So lemme get this straight, her car and her husband's car that was parked in his garage were sprayed with this substance, the police did not get a sample, no reports of any of the neighbours complaining or mentioning that their cars also had this substance on it. My guess is that this mayor has lived in this city for a while now, hopefully long enough to know what pollen looks like. She thinks something was off with this spray and sadly the story doesn't give me enough to say that nothing happen

Normally I would have sided with the police because for one, the crime is way to complex for most criminals in a small town to pull off and there is little reason by the police to lie about this. But I was reading hoping to hear what her neighbours said about the attack, did they also have their cars dusted with the yellow substance? Because if it was just the lady and husband that had this happen to their cars and this is not a normal occurence in the town then maybe just maybe, there is another explanation to the attack.

When trees are emitting pollen, it goes everywhere. Is it possible the pollen happened when the vehicles were out of the garage? Is it possible it happened while at work or the store? Do we need to do DNA pollen analysis to determine if which tree emitted the pollen?

juleswin
03-06-2019, 06:25 AM
When trees are emitting pollen, it goes everywhere. Is it possible the pollen happened when the vehicles were out of the garage? Is it possible it happened while at work or the store? Do we need to do DNA pollen analysis to determine if which tree emitted the pollen?

Yes, it goes every where but cars that are parked indoors are generally protected from pollen than the ones parked outdoors. Have you ever woken up with pollen all over your indoor furniture? Ofc not, they were protected by your walls and windows . And no, that amount of pollen couldn't have happened while the were at work or at the store without them noticing it.

No, we don't need a DNA pollen analysis. Just get a sample and look at the sample under a microscope and then cross match it with images of pollen in the area. You can make it a lab project for the high school biology class. Very easy thing to do and wouldn't cost the PD any money at all.

specsaregood
03-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Yes, it goes every where but cars that are parked indoors are generally protected from pollen than the ones parked outdoors. Have you ever woken up with pollen all over your indoor furniture? Ofc not, they were protected by your walls and windows . And no, that amount of pollen couldn't have happened while the were at work or at the store without them noticing it.

I'm fairly certain it could have happened while they were at work or store or driving around town without them noticing it.

Danke
03-06-2019, 06:41 AM

It helps if you read the article.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 06:49 AM
It helps if you read the article.

You see, I read every single sentence of the article even the duplicate sentences that was put in due to bad copy and paste job. Also, I suspect you did not read the article because if you did, you would have posted the portion of the article that answered my question in your reply.

I read the article and if there is anything you think I missed or overlooked, why don't you point me to it.

Danke
03-06-2019, 06:54 AM
You see, I read every single sentence of the article even the duplicate sentences that was put in due to bad copy and paste job. Also, I suspect you did not read the article because if you did, you would have posted the portion of the article that answered my question in your reply.

I read the article and if there is anything you think I missed or overlooked, why don't you point me to it.

Oh FFS, here:

"In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, her husband asked her, "Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint."

"She explained in the interview with Newsweek that there were no words or symbols drawn on the cars. The cars were parked in the street near the end of the couple's driveway, a block and a half from Lamar’s downtown."

"Both cars were rigorously cleaned the day after the incident, and therefore a sample of the substance, whatever it was, wasn’t preserved.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned—pressure-washed twice—there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” argued McPherson."

juleswin
03-06-2019, 06:56 AM
I'm fairly certain it could have happened while they were at work or store or driving around town without them noticing it.

Yes its possible and if the pollen was so bad that day that they had it collected on their cars to the point that it needed pressure washing and solutions to remove it, I am sure they wouldn't be the only people to have noticed the sticky substance on their cars. The police can just go around and ask the people living in the community if they also noticed this extra pollen that day, check the weather, just do something other than telling them that is it pollen without doing any real investigation.

Again, I doubt it was a crime at all, but their explanation to a woman who is probably paranoid is not good enough.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 06:58 AM

Let me help you out.

The cars were parked in the street near the end of the couple's driveway, a block and a half from Lamar’s downtown.

He went to get something out of the garage. And like those able-bodied people who press the handicap button and wait for the mechanism to open the door (when they could just breeze through), he probably went out front to get the remote that opens the big door instead of going straight out back and using the key.

Because politicians are always so concerned about the environment.

We straight yet?

juleswin
03-06-2019, 07:05 AM
Oh FFS, here:

"In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, her husband asked her, "Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint."

"She explained in the interview with Newsweek that there were no words or symbols drawn on the cars. The cars were parked in the street near the end of the couple's driveway, a block and a half from Lamar’s downtown."

"Both cars were rigorously cleaned the day after the incident, and therefore a sample of the substance, whatever it was, wasn’t preserved.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned—pressure-washed twice—there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” argued McPherson."

South Carolina local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7, someone sprayed her 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s1998 Buick Roadmaster with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky” residue outside of their home.

She said her husband and the neighbor “started scraping all over” their cars to rid what she described as a “grainy substance” akin to industrial spray foam used to patch concrete.

“We found it to be pollen,” Kilgo explained in an interview with Newsweek. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

The report that was taken included details of an examination by two sheriff's officials (a sergeant and a deputy) "immediately came to the conclusion that the substance had a yellowish tint to it and that it's a type of powder similar to pollen."

How about this? No reason to collect a sample or no opportunity to collect a sample? What did they examine? the picture or the actually substance? And did this attack just affect the family or was this a community wide event? So many questions and so little answers in the article.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 07:10 AM
"

How about this? No reason to collect a sample or no opportunity to collect a sample? What did they examine? the picture or the actually substance? And did this attack just affect the family or was this a community wide event? So many questions and so little answers in the article.

The only question is, why are you taking the clowns who make this funny story funny seriously?

I guess you never parked under a pecan.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Let me help you out.

He went to get something out of the garage. And like those able-bodied people who press the handicap button and wait for the mechanism to open the door (when they could just breeze through), he probably went out front to get the remote that opens the big door instead of going straight out back and using the key.

We straight yet?

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. So do u think the husband's car parked in the garage was sprayed when he opened up the garage door?

Who said all politicians are concerned about the environment? This politician seem to be more concerned about racism and not the environment so why bring that up here?

RJB
03-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Pollen is plant sperm. Those slut like trees are fornicating on her car. That's the real crime!

juleswin
03-06-2019, 07:13 AM
The only question is, why are you taking the clowns who make this funny story funny seriously?

I really want to know what happened. Wait a minute, pecan grow on trees?

olehounddog
03-06-2019, 07:14 AM
You sure can tell people that never wash their own car.

RJB
03-06-2019, 07:17 AM
I really want to know what happened. Wait a minute, pecan grow on trees?
Yes they are like hickory trees.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 07:17 AM
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. So do u think the husband's car parked in the garage was sprayed when he opened up the garage door?

Who said all politicians are concerned about the environment? This politician seem to be more concerned about racism and not the environment so why bring that up here?

The husband's car was not in the garage.

The husband went to get something out of the garage.

You read that the husband was going to the garage and assumed his car was there.

The article does not say he went to "...get something out of the garage, where his car was."

You jumped to a conclusion.

Having jumped to that conclusion, it's taking two of us and a crowbar to get you unstuck from it.

The

Buick

Was

Not

In

The

Garage

Danke
03-06-2019, 07:18 AM

Both cars were outside.

specsaregood
03-06-2019, 07:24 AM

Or near a giant pine tree. My car gets covered in pollen twice as thick as the OPs when the season comes.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 07:27 AM
The husband's car was not in the garage.

The husband went to get something out of the garage.

You read that the husband was going to the garage and assumed his car was there.

The article does not say he went to "...get something out of the garage, where his car was."

You jumped to a conclusion.

Having jumped to that conclusion, it's taking two of us and a crowbar to get you unstuck from it.

The

Buick

Was

Not

In

The

Garage

“My husband went out to the car to get some things out of the garage,” she told Newsweek. “He says, ‘Somebody’s painted your car!’”

I dunno man, the way I read that sentence, it tells me that a car was in the garage. I wish the article hand been written properly as in it should have stated clearly if the car was in the garage, which car it is and how thick was the spray.

Also did the husband also wash his car? edit Yes :)

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 07:30 AM
And did you also misread this? Or did you not read it at all?

Let me help you out.

We straight yet?

I dunno man, the way I read that sentence, it tells me that a car was in the garage. I wish the article hand been written properly as in it should have stated clearly if the car was in the garage, which car it is and how thick was the spray.

Also did the husband also wash his car?

It did say where the car was, what the car was, what and where the other car was, and that the "spray" was not a spray.

As for who washed the car, I'm guessing the reporter figured about one person in a million would care. How does it feel to be one in a million?

Superfluous Man
03-06-2019, 07:51 AM
The real story here is how far Newsweek has fallen.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 08:34 AM
And did you also misread this? Or did you not read it at all?

It did say where the car was, what the car was, what and where the other car was, and that the "spray" was not a spray.

As for who washed the car, I'm guessing the reporter figured about one person in a million would care. How does it feel to be one in a million?

It wasn't clear where the 2nd car was, I think it says it was in the garage and u think it was outside. I wish it was better written cos it makes all the difference to me.

Also, from a different article on the story, the mayor says this

Ms. McPherson complained that police never took a sample of the substance on their cars before they were cleaned the next day.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/5/hate-crime-against-sc-mayor-turns-out-be-pollen-po/

I know it may sound silly but just take a sample and maybe test it later if only to really shut her up. Because now she can go around saying that the sample was never tested. And lastly, the easiest investigation would have been to interview the neighbours about the their cars. If this was a neighbourhood wide spray painting job, then there is a 99.9% chance that this was the actions of nature and not white nationalists. This would have cost them so little money to do and it doesn't seem like they bothered doing it.

Again, I still think its a weird crime for anyone to do. I cannot imagine anyone going around to dust this pollen looking substance on the cars in the Mayor's household.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 09:04 AM
It wasn't clear where the 2nd car was, I think it says it was in the garage and u think it was outside. I wish it was better written cos it makes all the difference to me.

This is, like, the opening paragraph:

someone sprayed her 2017 Symphony Silver Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s soft-top 1998 Buick Roadmaster with a residue outside of their home.

That's even repeated. If you refuse to believe what the reporter writes, then what difference does it make what the reporter writes?

And lastly, the easiest investigation would have been to interview the neighbours about the their cars. If this was a neighbourhood wide spray painting job, then there is a 99.9% chance that this was the actions of nature and not white nationalists.

Say what?

Trees do not cover entire neighborhoods.

You have seen a tree, right?

juleswin
03-06-2019, 09:21 AM
This is, like, the opening paragraph:

That's even repeated. If you refuse to believe what the reporter writes, then what difference does it make what the reporter writes?

Say what?

ITrees do not cover entire neighborhoods.

You have seen a tree, right?

I say that quote that mentioned outside their residence and for whatever reason, I keep thinking about the quote about the garage quote. Ok, I think that was is on me, the husband's car was parked outside the garage.

One thing I know about pollen is that they are generally light in order to be spread around by wind or attached to bees etc. So unless there was only one of that trees in the neighbourhood, the pollen bloom happened on a night when there was 0 wind speed and their neighbours all had their cars in garages, then we should have heard of more spraying in the neighbourhood. I wonder if they even went around to ask if this happened or did they just assume like you that it just happened in an area that could only spray their cars.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 09:37 AM
I say that quote that mentioned outside their residence and for whatever reason, I keep thinking about the quote about the garage quote. Ok, I think that was is on me, the husband's car was parked outside the garage.

One thing I know about pollen is that they are generally light in order to be spread around by wind or attached to bees etc. So unless there was only one of that trees in the neighbourhood, the pollen bloom happened on a night when there was 0 wind speed and their neighbours all had their cars in garages, then we should have heard of more spraying in the neighbourhood. I wonder if they even went around to ask if this happened or did they just assume like you that it just happened in an area that could only spray their cars.

So. We have a town of 977 people. Their revenue stream is so small, they can't afford to pay a sane mayor, and have to settle for a crazy volunteer.

Where are they going to get the resources to put pollen under an electron microscope or check its DNA, set up an anemometer and vane to better estimate dispersal patterns, remove the hoods and/or trunk lids of all the neighborhood cars and take them to the lab to check the spore dispersal patterns, and cross examine everyone in the neighborhood?

I have a suggestion for you. The next time CSI comes on, change the channel. And the time after that, and the time after that. Or just keep repeating this as you watch it: It's only a rather propaganda-laden and very silly television show.

jkr
03-06-2019, 09:51 AM
YOU (WE)
LIVE
IN
CRAZYTOWN

DID U KNOW THAT???

phill4paul
03-06-2019, 09:58 AM
I had perhaps thought she was a "half-back" that had never before experienced the Carolinas secondary car color. Pollen Yellow.

Nope. She's just an idiot.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 09:59 AM
So. We have a town of 977 people. Their revenue stream is so small, they can't afford to pay a sane mayor, and have to settle for a crazy volunteer.

Where are they going to get the resources to put pollen under an electron microscope or check its DNA, set up an anemometer and vane to better estimate dispersal patterns, remove the hoods and/or trunk lids of all the neighborhood cars and take them to the lab to check the spore dispersal patterns, and cross examine everyone in the neighborhood?

I have a suggestion for you. The next time CSI comes on, change the channel. And the time after that, and the time after that. Or just keep repeating this as you watch it: It's only a rather propaganda-laden and very silly television show.

Why is that the first thing people assume is that you need to check the DNA of the pollen? or it has to be some very elaborate, CSI style investigation? All u need is the sample of the substance on her car and a smaple of pollen maybe on a different car and then compare the 2 samples.

You don't need an electron microscope to do any of this, just go to any American high school with a compound microscope and look at it. If my shitty high school in Nigeria had microscopes in the biology dept, I am sure an american high school would have much better ones. Just asking for a simple investigation as opposed to theno investigation this police dept did for this case.

Again, no need for DNA testing, electron microscope, anemometer and vane to better estimate dispersal patterns, no CSI bullshyte. Just simple investigation a person who has watched more than one episode of Matlock can come up with.

phill4paul
03-06-2019, 10:00 AM

If you have never lived in the Carolinas you have never experienced our secondary car color. There is your primary color, then there is "Pollen Yellow." It's as natural a phenomenon as the sun rising.

specsaregood
03-06-2019, 10:05 AM
I had perhaps thought she was a "half-back" that had never before experienced the Carolinas secondary car color. Pollen Yellow.
Nope. She's just an idiot.

Hate to break it to you, but this happens in the NE (NJ) as well. At least the portions outside the big cities where people still have lots of trees.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 10:05 AM
If you have never lived in the Carolinas you have never experienced our secondary car color. There is your primary color, then there is "Pollen Yellow." It's as natural a phenomenon as the sun rising.

Never lived in the Carolinas, so I am guessing this is a normal occurance in the area? I still think collecting testimony from the neighbours would have been very helping in quieting her suspicions. Because if it happened to other people in the area then it couldn't have been a targetted hate crime on her..

Then again, if this is as common as you say then I can understand why the police did not take her seriously at all. Its like a fish complaining that someone spat on her because she was black :)

RJB
03-06-2019, 10:10 AM
There was a branch on my driveway under the tree in my yard. It blocked my way out. I called the police to report this hate crime. They showed up, shot my dog, told me to move the branch myself and refused to investigate this obvious hate crime any further. How can I get in touch with CNN?

phill4paul
03-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Never lived in the Carolinas, so I am guessing this is a normal occurance in the area? I still think collecting testimony from the neighbours would have been very helping in quieting her suspicions. Because if it happened to other people in the area then it couldn't have been a targetted hate crime on her..

Then again, if this is as common as you say then I can understand why the police did not take her seriously at all. Its like a fish complaining that someone spat on her because she was black :)

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - With the winter weather this week, you would think that allergies have taken a back seat to the cold. But that hasn't been the case.

Tree pollen is very high and got an early start this year, thanks to a warm February.

"We have had tree pollen out since about a week after Valentine's Day," said Dr. Heather Gutekinst of Allergy Partners of the Triangle. "It's all timing, we had a couple of warm days in February and the trees got ready to start pollenating."

https://www.cbs17.com/weather/despite-the-cold-pollen-rampant-in-central-nc/1070077121

https://www.performancefordclinton.com/assets/misc/14632/907572.jpg

phill4paul
03-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Hate to break it to you, but this happens in the NE (NJ) as well. At least the portions outside the big cities where people still have lots of trees.

Yeah, I've heard rural NJ gets hit pretty hard.

phill4paul
03-06-2019, 11:11 AM
The report added that the mayor also had "a possible suspect in mind at the time" of the incident.

Now we get to the heart of the matter. Any guess as to what color of individual may have committed this "hate crime?" Their political affiliation?

Dr.3D
03-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Somebody put bird shit all over my windshield. This has to be a hate crime.

Stratovarious
03-06-2019, 11:29 AM
SPLC soon to list Pollen as a 'Hate Group' .

RJB
03-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Now we get to the heart of the matter. Any guess as to what color of individual may have committed this "hate crime?" Their political affiliation?

This crime goes beyond skin color. We're talking bark patterns with these culprits. Can we reeducate the trees of this ancestrial hatred? Do trees not understand the centrury old wounds they gouged deeper by fornicating on this lady's car? Spooging his pollen all over like a plantlike version of Ron Jeremy's libido crossed with David Duke's hatred.

Cut this tree down before it hangs another victim from its branches, I say!

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 11:34 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

Damn it! And even if I do, it'll just tell me I can't rep the same post twice!

RJB
03-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Damn it! And even if I do, it'll just tell me I can't rep the same post twice!
I originally read the title and rolled my eyes. But it kept popping up in my feed because someone kept it alive. I clicked on it had a laugh, but someone kept it going when it could have just died, and it kept getting funnier.

+ Rep to Jules. Great thread lol.

jmdrake
03-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Now, the same thing applies to this as it does with that $#@! Smollet.

What if some hapless MAGA hat wearing white guy was just passing by at the time?

The real culprit.

https://img.memecdn.com/groot-porn_o_3923161.webp

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-06-2019, 11:43 AM
So lemme get this straight,...

I have another project for you. They said the other car is a 1998 Buick Roadmaster. Well, Buick didn't have a Roadmaster in 98. The last one was in 96. Please have them investigate that. Sounds fishy.

juleswin
03-06-2019, 12:08 PM
I have another project for you. They said the other car is a 1998 Buick Roadmaster. Well, Buick didn't have a Roadmaster in 98. The last one was in 96. Please have them investigate that. Sounds fishy.

Hate to be sterotypical, but its a woman talking about cars, its no suprise that she would get the details wrong. So easy explanation there, but like I have said from the beginning, this case could have been blown wide open and the mayor shut about the issue forever if they put a little more effort in the case.

Just look at the Justin Smollett case, we all knew that he was lying. The moment he told his tale, you had people on youtube doubting it. Black, white, straight, gay etc all knew it was phoney but the police didn't just dismiss him, they took it serioulys and did their investigative work to expose him. All these guys need was to get a sample, interview other people in the area and voila, you have done your debunking of her entire case.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 12:19 PM
All these guys need was to get a sample, interview other people in the area and voila, you have done your debunking of her entire case.

So you're not impressed that they tracked down and caught the culprit? That they, in fact, caught the perp in the act?

Yeah, that's right, Newsweak didn't tell you that part. But now that you think about it, you know it's true. Don't you?

Superfluous Man
03-06-2019, 12:39 PM
I just noticed that this happened on February 7, and now I'm envious of people in South Carolina for having weather that nice that time of year.

Schifference
03-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Wait till one day they park under a walnut tree and days later wonder who put all those little dents in their cars.

acptulsa
03-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Wait till one day they park under a walnut tree and days later wonder who put all those little dents in their cars.

Think they're that dumb?

What am I saying? They're dumb enough to park under a coconut palm.

Danke
03-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Hate to be sterotypical, but its a woman talking about cars, its no suprise that she would get the details wrong. So easy explanation there, but like I have said from the beginning, this case could have been blown wide open and the mayor shut about the issue forever if they put a little more effort in the case.

Just look at the Justin Smollett case, we all knew that he was lying. The moment he told his tale, you had people on youtube doubting it. Black, white, straight, gay etc all knew it was phoney but the police didn't just dismiss him, they took it serioulys and did their investigative work to expose him. All these guys need was to get a sample, interview other people in the area and voila, you have done your debunking of her entire case.

"We found it to be pollen,” [Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo] explained in an interview with Newsweek. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

Anti Globalist
03-06-2019, 06:18 PM
SPLC soon to list Pollen as a 'Hate Group' .
Who would of thought that pollen was sentient enough to hate black people.

Stratovarious
03-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Who would of thought that pollen was sentient enough to hate black people.

SPLC, and Maxine Waters , the one that insults White people by parading around in 'white' hair, ergo
the wig.

RJB
03-06-2019, 06:22 PM
She should be grateful she didn't get her dog shot.

Stratovarious
03-06-2019, 06:24 PM
So you're not impressed that they tracked down and caught the culprit? That they, in fact, caught the perp in the act?

Yeah, that's right, Newsweak didn't tell you that part. But now that you think about it, you know it's true. Don't you?

:facepalm:

Mach
03-06-2019, 07:54 PM
I won't say all trees are racist, but these White Oaks are systematically oppressing the Black Walnuts that built this forest after stealing it from the Red Wood Cedars.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw

- Rush

RJB
03-09-2019, 03:54 PM
I am curious if the tree will have to pay reparations.

Superfluous Man
03-09-2019, 04:12 PM
There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw

- Rush

Great libertarian song.

One of the great libertarian passages of the Bible, and one of the lesser-known ones, is also a tree allegory.

8 The trees once went out to anoint a king over them, and they said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us.’ 9 But the olive tree said to them, ‘Shall I leave my abundance, by which gods and men are honored, and go hold sway over the trees?’ 10 And the trees said to the fig tree, ‘You come and reign over us.’ 11 But the fig tree said to them, ‘Shall I leave my sweetness and my good fruit and go hold sway over the trees?’ 12 And the trees said to the vine, ‘You come and reign over us.’ 13 But the vine said to them, ‘Shall I leave my wine that cheers God and men and go hold sway over the trees?’ 14 Then all the trees said to the bramble, ‘You come and reign over us.’ 15 And the bramble said to the trees, ‘If in good faith you are anointing me king over you, then come and take refuge in my shade, but if not, let fire come out of the bramble and devour the cedars of Lebanon.’

-Judges 9:8-15

Positions of earthly rule will always come to be occupied by the ignoble brambles.

Swordsmyth
03-09-2019, 04:45 PM
I am curious if the tree will have to pay reparations.
It will be happy to provide more pollen as compensation.

RJB
03-09-2019, 05:05 PM
It will be happy to provide more pollen as compensation.

Take a cut of the maple syrup industry.