PDA

View Full Version : Former Greenpeace Activist Who Called AOC "Pompous Twit" Is Persona Non Grata at Greenpeace

James_Madison_Lives
03-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Well if the guy in that picture isn't a pompous twit then I don't know what it means.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Former-Greenpeace-Activist-Who-Called-Ocasio-Cortez-Twit-is-Persona-Non-Grata-at-Greenpeace-Monsanto-Consultant

Former Greenpeace Activist Who Called Ocasio-Cortez "Pompous Twit" Is Persona Non Grata at Greenpeace, Monsanto Advocate

The former Greenpeace activist who called Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a "pompous twit" is accused by Greenpeace in a formal statement at its website of now being a "paid representative of corporate polluters" who promotes such practices and businesses as clearcut logging, nuclear power, and genetically engineered crops.

This week in a tweet Moore launched an attack on Ocasio-Cortez for her Green New Deal Plan saying that the plan was "completely crazy" and "would bring about mass death.”

@AOC
Pompous little twit. You don’t have a plan to grow food for 8 billion people without fossil fuels, or get food into the cities. Horses? If fossil fuels were banned every tree in the world would be cut down for fuel for cooking and heating. You would bring about mass death. more... https://hubpages.com/politics/Former-Greenpeace-Activist-Who-Called-Ocasio-Cortez-Twit-is-Persona-Non-Grata-at-Greenpeace-Monsanto-Consultant

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Well if the guy in that picture isn't a pompous twit then I don't know what it means.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Former-Greenpeace-Activist-Who-Called-Ocasio-Cortez-Twit-is-Persona-Non-Grata-at-Greenpeace-Monsanto-Consultant

Former Greenpeace Activist Who Called Ocasio-Cortez "Pompous Twit" Is Persona Non Grata at Greenpeace, Monsanto Advocate

The former Greenpeace activist who called Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a "pompous twit" is accused by Greenpeace in a formal statement at its website of now being a "paid representative of corporate polluters" who promotes such practices and businesses as clearcut logging, nuclear power, and genetically engineered crops.

This week in a tweet Moore launched an attack on Ocasio-Cortez for her Green New Deal Plan saying that the plan was "completely crazy" and "would bring about mass death.”

@AOC
Pompous little twit. You don’t have a plan to grow food for 8 billion people without fossil fuels, or get food into the cities. Horses? If fossil fuels were banned every tree in the world would be cut down for fuel for cooking and heating. You would bring about mass death.

— Patrick Moore (@EcoSenseNow) March 3, 2019
In a statement entitled Greenpeace Statement On Patrick Moore, the organization attacks Moore, who claims he left Greenpeace after he "saw the light," as an opportunist who cashed in on his former ties to Greenpeace by starting a consulting firm, the group says, whose clients are:

"a veritable Who’s Who of companies that Greenpeace has exposed for environmental misdeeds, including Monsanto, Weyerhaeuser, and BHP Minerals."

After being attacked by right-leaning websites and writers for violations of straw man rules she never put forth, such as "banning" beef or "banning" fossil fuels outright, Ocasio-Cortez quipped in a tweet "I fly and use A/C too."

Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal seeks to reduce the use of fossil fuels by encouraging the development of renewable sources, which other countries besides the US are already doing.

China has set the national goal of having renewable energy account for at least 35% of electricity consumption by 2030, and has in recent years has become the world's leader in renewables, with over double the renewable energy generation of the second place nation, the US.

The Los Angeles Times recently reported that Germany is slated to close down all 84 of its coal-fired electricity plants by 2038. Burning coal is a leading cause of mercury in the environment, with the by-product mercury being released into the atmosphere and then washing down into waterways during snow and rain. Studies have shown mercury to be present in every species of freshwater fish studied in from US ponds, lakes, rivers, and streams. Mercury is a potent neurotoxin which accumulates in fatty tissue and is hard to flush from the body.

In his work after Greenpeace, Moore once defended the Monsanto-patented herbicide, glyphosate, more commonly known as Roundup, as being perfectly safe to use on genetically modified GMO food crops, which are engineered to not die as non-GMO food crops would if applied. The chemical has been studied extensively. Most recently, University of Washington research concluded that it increases the risk of some cancers by more than 40 percent.

Moore told an interviewer for the French television station Canal that a person "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. The interviewer, unbeknownst to Moore, had a glass of the weed-killer handy, and challenged Moore to drink it. Moore then responded "I'm not crazy" and ended the interview.
Commies stick together.

specsaregood
03-04-2019, 07:56 PM
The same is the case of the founder of M.A.D.D. Its almost like people with a good objective found an organization, then people who's real agenda is different; work to subvert them and kick them out of their own organization.

Stratovarious
03-04-2019, 08:00 PM
For AOC OAC
Pompous Twit isn't complete without Dimwit , somewhere in the 'middle' .
:frog:

acptulsa
03-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Near as anyone can tell, the GND also promotes nuclear power. It doesn't seem to propose anything be done about the fact that Great Britain's renewable fuels tax cut has led to increased logging on the U.S. Atlantic coast. And if these urban-centric regulations continue to make life difficult for family farmers on the Great Plains, soon Monsanto will own the entirety of the Breadbasket of the World.

Are you sure Moore and Cortez aren't on the same team?

Stratovarious
03-04-2019, 08:02 PM
The same is the case of the founder of M.A.D.D. Its almost like people with a good objective found an organization, then people who's real agenda is different; work to subvert them and kick them out of their own organization.

MADD should also be against sober drivers, they kill 24k / year , drunks kill about 16k.......or
at least they get the blame.

acptulsa
03-04-2019, 09:17 PM
For AOC OAC
Pompous Twit isn't complete without Dimwit , somewhere in the 'middle' .
:frog:

Do you post this stuff just to use the alt-blight neo-nazi frog emoji a thousand times a day?

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Do you post this stuff just to use the alt-blight neo-nazi frog emoji a thousand times a day?
Bryan is a neo-nazi?
He added the new emojis.

:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

Peace Piper
03-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Well if the guy in that picture isn't a pompous twit then I don't know what it means...
Patrick Moore (@EcoSenseNow) March 3, 2019

He's so much more than a pompous twit, this Patrick Moore buffoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhES654s98Y

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 09:39 PM
He's so much more than a pompous twit, this Patrick Moore buffoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhES654s98Y
I guess it takes one to know one, AOC certainly is one.

acptulsa
03-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Bryan is a neo-nazi?
He added the new emojis.

:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

That sounded like, "Yes, that's why he does it" to me.

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 09:58 PM
That sounded like, "Yes, that's why he does it" to me.
How would I know why he does anything?

How about you explain how a frog is necessarily neo-nazi and why Bryan would include a frog emoji if it was?

Anti Globalist
03-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Shes more than just a pompous twit.

acptulsa
03-04-2019, 10:03 PM
How would I know why he does anything?

How about you explain how a frog is necessarily neo-nazi and why Bryan would include a frog emoji if it was?

Because I didn't say any of that b.s., and turning a passing observation into a full-blown threadjack is your style, not mine.

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Because I didn't say any of that b.s., and turning a passing observation into a full-blown threadjack is your style, not mine.
You accused a site member of being a neo-nazi because he uses the frog emoji a lot, that is your style.

acptulsa
03-04-2019, 10:10 PM
You accused a site member of being a neo-nazi because he uses the frog emoji a lot, that is your style.

I asked a question. Which makes your post another lie.

Swordsmyth
03-04-2019, 10:12 PM
I asked a question. Which makes your post another lie.
An accusatory question.

It's a slick technique but it is so old everyone recognizes it.