PDA

View Full Version : OK - Gov signs Constitutional Carry bill

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 05:24 AM
Saw this the other day but didn't see it posted here...could always use some good news.

'Constitutional carry' becomes first legislation signed into law by Gov. Kevin Stitt

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/constitutional-carry-becomes-first-legislation-signed-into-law-by-gov/article_1c943003-1eca-542e-8d71-cfab83d93328.html

OKLAHOMA CITY — Individuals will be able to carry firearms in Oklahoma without a permit or training starting Nov. 1, when a bill passed by the Legislature and signed by Gov. Kevin Stitt goes into effect.

The bill is the first signed by Stitt since he took office.

“As I traveled all over the state to all 77 counties, I heard from Oklahomans all over that they wanted us to protect their right to bear arms,” Stitt said.

He said he doesn’t think the measure will result in an increase in violence.

“I think the best defense for a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Stitt said.

House Bill 2597, authored by House Majority Floor Leader Jon Echols, R-Oklahoma City, and Senate Majority Floor Leader Kim David, R-Porter, passed the Senate earlier Wednesday by a vote of 40-6.

David said 15 states, including three that border Oklahoma, allow what proponents call “constitutional” — or permitless — carry.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 05:29 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry%2C_timeline.gif

Anti Globalist
03-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Oregons governor is a beast.

PAF
03-02-2019, 10:27 AM
So the precedent is set, that the 2nd A is not good enough and government “legislation” can override.

Sheep.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 02:38 PM
So the precedent is set, that the 2nd A is not good enough and government “legislation” can override.

Sheep.

Oh for fuck's sake...blow it out yer ass why don't you?

That's just what this does, it removes "legislation" that restricted a natural, fundamental right that needs nothing but the 2nd Amendment to be confirmed.

Fuck's sake..."libertarians"...even when you win, you lose.

oyarde
03-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Do they still have 3.2 beer in The Indian Territory ?

Swordsmyth
03-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Oh for $#@!'s sake...blow it out yer ass why don't you?

That's just what this does, it removes "legislation" that restricted a natural, fundamental right that needs nothing but the 2nd Amendment to be confirmed.

$#@!'s sake..."libertarians"...even when you win, you lose.
Losertarians (as opposed to sane libertarians) don't want to win, they have a mental disorder that causes them to want to cause a total collapse even if that means living (or dying) under communism first and they fantasize that anarchy could last without being replaced by tyranny imposed by either neighbors or foreigners.

Swordsmyth
03-02-2019, 02:57 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry%2C_timeline.gif
There is hope for the future.

BrooklynZoo
03-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Sheep.

Or the example is set that despite the negligence toward and lack of fidelity to the Constitution by other states or the overarching federal government, the people in these states have spoken and have been heard on their right to bear arms. The more this becomes reality across the states and the more it becomes apparent that people aren't dying in the streets because of it, the better we all are for it.

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Oh for $#@!'s sake...blow it out yer ass why don't you?

$#@!'s sake..."libertarians"...even when you win, you lose.

How convenient that you left this out:

She said guns still won’t be allowed in areas where they are now prohibited, such as on college campuses and in some businesses.

Under the terms of House Bill 2010, concealed carry will be legal in the Gathering Place and similar venues, but open carry will not.

Wow what a "win" for the 2nd Amendment "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". You statists are all alike, SwordShill included. Pass more "legislation", why don't you, maybe other states [politicians] will change their mind and support the Natural Right to carry, maybe NOT.

There is NOTHING "constitutional" about that bill, other than offer scrap bones, giving politicians more power and conditioning the people to accept it.

Swordsmyth
03-02-2019, 05:22 PM
How convenient that you left this out:

Wow what a "win" for the 2nd Amendment "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". You statists are all alike, SwordShill included. Pass more "legislation", why don't you, maybe other states [legislatures] will change their mind and support the Natural Right to carry, maybe NOT.

There is NOTHING "constitutional" about that bill, other than offer scrap bones, giving politicians more power and conditioning the people to accept it.
We didn't get where we are overnight and we can't get where we need to be overnight.

"All or nothing" gets you nothing, you can continue to get nothing but as for me I will take what I can get now and keep pushing for more.

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:36 PM
We didn't get where we are overnight and we can't get where we need to be overnight.

"All or nothing" gets you nothing, you can continue to get nothing but as for me I will take what I can get now and keep pushing for more.

Standing ground without mucking things up would be a better option. Every time "legislation" is passed on something [Law of the Land BoR's] it results in steps backward. THAT is how we got to where we are.

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Anti Federalist Swordsmyth

Come to my neck of the woods we'll teach you how without "legislation":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDY36rHqLf4

Swordsmyth
03-02-2019, 05:40 PM
@Anti Federalist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=3169) @Swordsmyth (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=65299)

Standing ground without mucking things up would be a better option.
I await your revolution.

Just be aware that the average American will side with any kops that get killed when you resist their attempts to enforce CCW law.
We have much work to do before that approach will do any good and getting states to pass this kind of law will help with that work.

Every time "legislation" is passed on something [Law of the Land BoR's] it results in steps backward. THAT is how we got to where we are.
That is not how we got here, we got here because laws were passed and accepted that required government permission to carry concealed.

Danke
03-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Does the Constitution bar one from owning a nuke?

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Standing ground without mucking things up would be a better option. Every time "legislation" is passed on something [Law of the Land BoR's] it results in steps backward. THAT is how we got to where we are.

35 years ago when I started all this, there was active legislation afoot that would have banned all handguns at the federal level.

This tyranny wasn't built in day, it won't be dismantled in a day

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Does the Constitution bar one from owning a nuke?

Nope. The people don't know or understand that though, because they have been conditioned and obey their "masters".

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Anti Federalist Swordsmyth

Already been there done that, in the cold, in Concord.

It's how we managed to pass the "cleanest" constitutional carry in the nation.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm just a statist sheep, right?

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:49 PM
35 years ago when I started all this, there was active legislation afoot that would have banned all handguns at the federal level.

This tyranny wasn't built in day, it won't be dismantled in a day

No dispute. But I refuse to recognize or promote "legislation" that is repugnant to my natural rights. The best course of action is NOT via legislation but instead re-educating the brainwashed kids. They need to know and understand that NO politician or bill can trample natural born rights.

See the video above where I was part of that effort and others.

Danke
03-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Nope. The people don't know or understand that though, because they have been conditioned and obey their "masters".

So you have no problem with your neighbors owning them then?

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Already been there done that, in the cold, in Concord.

It's how we managed to pass the "cleanest" constitutional carry in the nation.

But what the $#@! do I know, I'm just a statist sheep, right?

I don't what you're point is, telling me to blow it out my ass... are you under some impression that I'm a young naïve 40 year old wet behind the ears? I've been around at least half a century.

PAF
03-02-2019, 05:57 PM
So you have no problem with your neighbors owning them then?

Do something Danke!

Are you ok with a Nerf Air pistol?

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 06:14 PM
I don't what you're point is, telling me to blow it out my ass... are you under some impression that I'm a young naïve 40 year old wet behind the ears? I've been around at least half a century.

I told you to blow it out yer ass because the constant wet blanket whinging and complaining and "I am more pure of spirit than thou art" is fucking tiring.

This did not ADD legislation, it REMOVED restrictive, already existing, legislation.

It's a win.

"We" don't get many of those, for Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ's sake...enjoy it for a moment and move onto the next battle.

FFS...

Danke
03-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Do something Danke!

So, yes?

PAF
03-02-2019, 06:21 PM
So, yes?

Right-O! :-)

Danke
03-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Right-O! :-)

Well, you are consistent.

CCTelander
03-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Do something Danke!

Is that an "Assault" Nerf Air Pistol? ;)

PAF
03-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Well, you are consistent.

I will take that as a very cool compliment :-)

PAF
03-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Is that an "Assault" Nerf Air Pistol? ;)

We'd better consult with Shill, he might want compromising legislation on that which will define whether "Assault" refers to a person place or thingy-ma-jig :D