PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Bashes Middle America: Less ‘Affluent and Educated’ People Who ‘Want to Be Us’

Anti Federalist
02-24-2019, 04:03 PM
I usually pay no mind to this assclown, but I'm posting this only to point out the glaring contradiction:

If what you say is true, then why are people leaving those states in droves?

Bill Maher Bashes Middle America: Less ‘Affluent and Educated’ People Who ‘Want to Be Us’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/24/bill-maher-bashes-middle-america-less-affluent-and-educated-people-who-want-to-be-us/

24 Feb 2019

Left-wing HBO host Bill Maher mocked voters in middle America on Friday’s edition of Real Time, explaining that less “affluent and educated” people in red states are jealous of those living in more prosperous states that tend to vote Democrat.

Maher’s monologue was in response to the news this week that Amazon had scrapped its plan to build a new headquarters in New York, a proposal he argued was symbolic of the geographic inequality that exists in America.

“We have a problem in America called spatial geographic inequality which means the most affluent and educated people are clustered in just a few cities,” Maher explained. “We have orchestras and theaters districts and world-class shopping. We have Chef Wolfgang Puck, they have Chef Boyardee.”
“Maybe that has something to do with why Trump voters are obsessed with ‘owning the libs.’ Because the libs own everything else,” he continued. “The blue parts of America are having a big prosperity party while that big sea of red feels like their invitation got lost in the mail.”

Maher then urged Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to “take one for the team” and invest in a less prosperous state such as Mississippi, creating thousands of jobs for the local economy and preventing voters from throwing a “turd in the punch bowl” by voting for Republican politicians.

“The blue parts of America are having a big prosperity party while the big sea of red feels like their invitation got lost in the mail — and they still use the mail,” he explained. “The fly-over states have become the passed-over states, that’s why red state voters are so pissed off. They don’t hate us, they want to be us.”

“Bezos, you’re worth $130 billion. Take one for the team! Stop playing cities off against one another and help a dying one come back to life,” he said. “If we keep leaving the red states behind, they’re going to keep getting angrier and crazier, because if you’re not invited to the party, the next best thing is to throw a turd in the punch bowl.”

(LOL - We are the "crazies". - AF)

juleswin
02-24-2019, 04:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oeeXjyHiw

Monologue in question. Enjoy people

oyarde
02-24-2019, 04:10 PM
Uh ya , no thanks . In fact I prefer they keep the disease to themselves .

Anti Federalist
02-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Monologue in question. Enjoy people

Yup, that's how they see themselves, and how they see me.

And when us bitter, clinging, crazy, deplorables and our ideas (limited government, property rights, individual liberty, Bills of Rights and such) stubbornly refuse to die off quickly enough to suit them, they are gearing up the killing squads to make sure we're purged.

A no-shit Final Solution for the 21st Century.

Separation is now a life or death choice, and the only viable option on the table.

phill4paul
02-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Thanks for this. It puts their, the lefts, idiocy, into a nutshell. Their blue cities on the hill are failing spectacularly. The mortar crumbles as pensions go into the red. And they call themselves blue. Lol. More like black and blue. The affluent leave in droves as the street shitters and needle droppers flock in.
Red states should start some new legislation. If you are from a blue state you should have to pay the same tax as the state you moved from for a period of five years and you cannot vote locally for the same period.

Kotin
02-24-2019, 05:48 PM
wow.. just broadcasting your elitism with no self-awareness for how much of a self-righteous prick you are outing yourself as.. the lack of awareness is staggering, almost.. but this shouldn't surprise anyone..

People like Maher have always felt this way about most people including their voter base.. its just you'd think they would understand that they should hide those feelings so they can keep using people for their own ends..

but I guess when their audience just eats this shit up without realizing they are part of the group being laughed at by these assholes, they don't have to hide it..

this quote speaks so much in such few words... "We have Chef Wolfgang Puck, they have Chef Boyardee.”

that is quite infuriating even for someone like myself who fully expects this from these people..

and how far of a departure from reality this is, is also quite shocking.. especially when like 50% of people in places like CA are thinking of leaving(even though many dont know why its so bad and would love to push their bullshit onto other states..) this guy has is completely backwards in that regard..

donnay
02-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Bill Maher is an empty vessel--that much is obvious to me.

timosman
02-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Bill Maher is an empty vessel--that much is obvious to me.

smug mofo :cool:

Anti Globalist
02-24-2019, 07:11 PM
Maher is a scumbag loser.

specsaregood
02-24-2019, 07:23 PM
"Less educated". I could easily think of a dozen things people from those areas are likely to know how to do that Maher couldn't do to save his life.

jkr
02-24-2019, 07:42 PM
That always say the same tire azz sh it...its exahusring and they know it

Krugminator2
02-24-2019, 07:45 PM
Maher mentions Nebraska first.

What's funny about that is when you adjust for cost of living and taxes Nebraska is the sixth highest income state per capita. California is 37th.

http://www.aei.org/publication/adjusting-state-incomes-for-taxes-and-price-levels-may-change-our-perceptions-of-which-us-states-are-poor-or-rich/

Zippyjuan
02-24-2019, 07:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpxVEiuxF0Y

tod evans
02-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Thank goodness there's people like him that point out the folly of my beliefs...:rolleyes:

timosman
02-24-2019, 07:55 PM
Thank goodness there's people like him that point out the folly of my beliefs...:rolleyes:

Don't forget Zippy. Credit where credit is due.

Zippyjuan
02-24-2019, 07:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGmG5CogTRo

RJB
02-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Gee, why won't people in flyover country vote for the candidates these smug jerks push?

donnay
02-24-2019, 08:55 PM
Here you go guys, I bet you envy this...

The Oscars tonight--Hollyweirdo

https://s16-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fcdn.abcotvs.com%2Fdip%2 Fimages%2F5154599_022419-cc-getty-billy-porter-img.jpg%3Fw%3D1280%26amp;r%3D16:9&sp=535a30bfadf4f4a52fab6f206b04953c

donnay
02-25-2019, 10:16 AM

https://s16-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fcdn.abcotvs.com%2Fdip%2 Fimages%2F5154599_022419-cc-getty-billy-porter-img.jpg%3Fw%3D1280%26amp;r%3D16:9&sp=535a30bfadf4f4a52fab6f206b04953c

Just so everyone knows that photo was not photoshopped. Lots of people think it was.

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uycs1odMjZ8

acptulsa
02-25-2019, 11:03 AM
this quote speaks so much in such few words... "We have Chef Wolfgang Puck, they have Chef Boyardee.”

that is quite infuriating even for someone like myself who fully expects this from these people..

and how far of a departure from reality this is, is also quite shocking..

Isn't it, though? Which Indian nation provided the Tallchief family of ballerinas, who put the New York ballet company on the map? Who had Chef Prudhomme? Where did the stage production of The Lion King premiere, before Broadway ever heard if it? How long a list can we produce of examples of how flyover country trumps California? Do they have a Gilcrease Museum there?

Superfluous Man
02-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Just so everyone knows that photo was not photoshopped. Lots of people think it was.

I see that he wasn't born that way. This is nurture, not nature, we're looking at.
https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2018/10/31/pose-star-billy-porter-reveals-past-sexual-abuse-searing-op-ed

Philhelm
02-26-2019, 05:18 PM

Reminds me of those stupid nobles from the Hunger Games (I know, I know, but my wife wanted to watch them).

Anti Federalist
02-26-2019, 09:56 PM

Gender role bending black guy wears evening gown to Oscars...

Why would I think that was fake news?

So "woke" my eyes hurt.

Champ
02-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Bill Maher, you mean the guy that runs Kid Love Productions, the company that ran his Real Time show for years?

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?companies=co0093906

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxMciL5k5w

I think you are correct in pointing out, he is not worth our time.

bv3
02-26-2019, 11:07 PM
Don't be so sensitive. Bill Maher is alright--had Dr. Paul on and treated him right.

Kotin, I think of him as a seal trainer, sometimes. It is the acme of hubris to assume that your life is so good that strangers must envy you. No, Bill, no. You have this incredible platform and what do you do with it Bill? You put seals in your audience and you make them arf. Since his audience is nearly all left, he effectively given them suzerainty over his mind. I'm sure he thinks what he likes, but he'd better watch what he says.

I eat canned food regularly... So he's got me there. Its good, and its easy to clean up. But I'm not some overweight Hollywood soft-palm, so maybe I don't know what its like to make love to fancy chef food.

Champ
02-26-2019, 11:33 PM
He's a pied piper (or used to be) for radicals, extremists, and libertarians, who pretends to be a rebellious libertarian guy. He brings these groups in and brings in their heroes, then he denigrates these heroes over time when they aren't there in person, to try to stomp out the enthusiasm the rebels have for these people.

He brought in RP years ago and treated him kindly in person, but has said a ton of negative things about him since, even joking about how libertarianism itself is a pipe dream and that he himself, is not even one, nor ever was. He did this once Trump became president because he has to be opposed to Trump because that's what the network he works for demands, so that's the role he plays. His resume of networks he has worked for looks like a neat little establishment anti-liberty pro-censorship list. So he's right, he isn't a rebel, and never was.

He was against the war in Iraq and wars in general while Bush was in there, but got completely quiet about our foreign policy as soon as Obama became president. He is back into attack mode now that Trump is in. Jon Stewart is a similar pied piper for people who are contrarians, but when you listen to what he is actually saying and how he has a double standard based on who is in power, you can begin to see through the illusion.

PursuePeace
02-27-2019, 07:24 AM

Anti Federalist
02-27-2019, 07:38 AM
He's a pied piper (or used to be) for radicals, extremists, and libertarians, who pretends to be a rebellious libertarian guy. He brings these groups in and brings in their heroes, then he denigrates these heroes over time when they aren't there in person, to try to stomp out the enthusiasm the rebels have for these people.

He brought in RP years ago and treated him kindly in person, but has said a ton of negative things about him since, even joking about how libertarianism itself is a pipe dream and that he himself, is not even one, nor ever was. He did this once Trump became president because he has to be opposed to Trump because that's what the network he works for demands, so that's the role he plays. His resume of networks he has worked for looks like a neat little establishment anti-liberty pro-censorship list. So he's right, he isn't a rebel, and never was.

He was against the war in Iraq and wars in general while Bush was in there, but got completely quiet about our foreign policy as soon as Obama became president. He is back into attack mode now that Trump is in. Jon Stewart is a similar pied piper for people who are contrarians, but when you listen to what he is actually saying and how he has a double standard based on who is in power, you can begin to see through the illusion.

Yup, this.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Bless Your Heart, Bill Maher

https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/28/bless-your-heart-bill-maher/

By Helen Lamm| February 28th, 2019

Comedian Bill Maher, better known for his condescending recitals of leftist talking points than his sense of humor, showed us just how much he hates middle America in last week’s episode of his HBO program, “Real Time.” For providing first-hand insight into the mindset of the effete coastal elite, the monologue is worth watching.

The funniest part of this attempt to paint middle America as a bunch of culturally and cognitively impoverished buffoons is the way he exposes himself as a philistine in the process.

He begins:

We have a problem in America called spatial-geographic inequality, which means that the most affluent and educated people are clustered in a few cities. Last year, Hillary Clinton said, “I won the places that represent two-thirds of America’s gross domestic product. I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward.” Yes, you did. And maybe that’s why voters have such an obsession with “owning the libs.” Because the libs own everything else. The blue parts of America are having a big prosperity party while that big sea of red feels like their invitation got lost in the mail. And they still use the mail.

Still hung up on Hillary, huh?

Maher might be right that a few extremely rich urbanites own just about everything, but the idea that urban centers are full of universally “optimistic” people is laughable. While it’s true that rural Americans have slightly lower median household incomes than urban households, people living in rural areas actually have lower poverty rates than their urban counterparts.

Yes, urban centers have more rich people, but they also have a lot more poor people. Maher points out urban-rural income inequality while completely ignoring intra-urban income inequality because, of course, it’s more convenient for him to frame it that way. Leave it to a celebrity to overlook the tent cities of the homeless on his way to the Oscars.

As for the cheap shot, imagine thinking that snail mail is anything less than charming. For Bill Maher, the fact that heritage America, these rural bumpkins, might exchange handwritten notes with friends and loved ones is . . . laughable? Then again, Bill Maher chose to embrace a, shall we say, cosmopolitan bachelor lifestyle into his 60s. He long ago liberated himself from all kinds of oppressive and anachronistic social pressures like thank-you notes, emotional intimacy, and being remembered after he’s gone.

Maher’s entire soliloquy is littered with these kind of resentful and incoherent jabs. “We have Chef Wolfgang Puck; they have Chef Boyardee,” Maher quips. What? Bill, the last time celebrity chain restaurants were considered cool, sodomy was still illegal in New York. It seems this Baby Boomer missed the memo that farm-to-table, locally owned cafes are the only place the popular kids hang out anymore. I suppose he wouldn’t know. Bill doesn’t have any kids.

In Maher’s view, middle America is made up of distasteful fools who cling to their Bibles and guns simply because they don’t know any better. Meanwhile, genderfluid internationalists make urban life fun and fabulous, because “yoga,” “karaoke,” “solar panels,” and the Real Housewives of wherever apparently are the key markers of high culture.

Beyond these nonsensical insults, Maher attempts to make a moral point. He believes that Jeff Bezos should overcome his greed and put the new Amazon headquarters somewhere in a red state, imagining that the intellectual rubes in, say, Lubbock, can be redeemed through corporate wage slavery. The point is not that Middle America receives a bump in income, but that through the cultural and demographic change Amazon brings, middle America loses itself in the process.

Maher despises red state voters especially. But in the end, that contempt is merely an extension of his attitude toward human beings generally. For Maher, good coastal liberal that he is, man is nothing more than an atomized economic unit deriving meaning only from material pleasure, capital gains, and diversionary sex. To the demographic that Maher represents, human beings are infinitely malleable consumers who can be drawn away from God and country with a little “anal bleaching” and “legal bud.” Yes, if only country folks had more stuff, sex, and drugs, they would all vote blue. What an accidentally hilarious acknowledgement that the Left is the party of decadence and degeneracy.

How strange that he would purport to help the people he hates. Well, “help” sounds a lot better than “replace.” For rich liberals yearning for a permanent underclass of immigrant service-workers, the obstinate middle class is a serious inconvenience. This is a matter of culture. Middle America prevents the Left from throwing out the Constitution and completely dispensing with the Christian social mores which once allowed liberty to thrive in the country. Middle America does “cling to their guns and Bibles,” not because they are relatively less wealthy but because they embrace personal autonomy and objective standards of morality. They know better than to dance along to the siren song of leftism.

Maher and his comrades want to pump the flyover states so full of artisanal ice cream and marijuana that, in their overstuffed stupor, they begin voting for the party of infanticide. “Helping Middle America”, i.e. making them liberal, means changing their culture fundamentally. It means watering down their basic unity by exposing them to the divisive wonders of diversity and multiculturalism. It means “educating” their children through Drag Queen Story Hour in the public library. It means destabilizing the nuclear family through the introduction of liberal city dwellers’ sexual mores. It means turning Mississippi into “Amazippi”!

Unbeknownst to Maher, superficial material and sexual gratification do not amount to meaningful human fulfillment. It does not occur to him that some Americans might prefer the clean air, home-cooked food, regularly attended churches, and gosh darn peace and quiet of bucolic red states to the incessant noise, yoga studios, and authentic halal carts that dot the modern metropolitan hellscape.

(Until it comes time to retire, of course. Then, Maher’s buddies can relocate to clog traffic in Charleston rather than Brooklyn—without leaving their snobbery behind!)

Bill Maher is a spiritually destitute clown who has lost the pulse of this country. “They don’t hate us. They want to be us,” Maher tells himself.

Ah, the delusional fantasy of the urbanite.

No, Bill. Deep down, not even you want to be you.