PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Memorandum of Understanding

dshields
12-13-2007, 03:34 PM
As Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and other party affiliations we can all stand for the same principle yet maintain independent political views.

It is clear Ron Paul has brought people of all walks of life together under one vision, so why can't we maintain the core principles that have brought us here and bring them back to our parties.

Since we are discussing running for local Congressional and Senatorial offices we should be in agreement on what principle we run and operate under. Below is the start of such an agreement. Please comment and add.

The Ron Paul Memorandum of Understanding (MoU Agreement):

1. The Constitution as written reigns supreme. Procedure to amend the Constitution shall be followed as written by the Founders.
2. The intentions of the Founding Fathers would be a guiding principle in their decisions, such as Foreign Policy, Free Markets, and of course our personal Liberties which are God given and not granted by Government.
3. This is a Nation of Sovereign Citizens and not a Nation of subjects.
4. States are Sovereign and are a better place for law to be created (see number 5 below)
5. A politician's time is better spent at home then actually working in Congress. (In other words, don't create law just to do it)
6. The belief that Citizens (you and I) can better and more expertly manage their lives.
7. Our Nations Economy and Monetary System is best managed by the free Markets.

Care to add to this list? Perhaps we should create a list that bounds all who wish to run on Constitutional Principle.

As you can see, you can have different Political views but still follow these beliefs.

Just some thoughts,

Dave

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
8. Politicians are not entitled to anything denied the general citizenry. No pensions shall accrue from public service. Compensation shall be commensurate with comparable private-sector jobs. Communications services provided to inform the populace may not be used for political purposes.

noxagol
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I would sign such an agreement if I were to run.