PDA

View Full Version : [Audio] Steve Kubby Show talks with David Nolan about Ron Paul

DrNoZone
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Steve Kubby (http://www.kubby2008.com/) (Libertarian candidate for President), David Nolan (http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/david-nolan.html) (founder of the Libertarian Party and inventor of the Nolan Chart (http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html)), and Richard Cowan (former national president of NORML and author/proprietor of MarijuanaNews.com (http://www.marijuananews.com)) talk about the Ron Paul revolution.

It's a good show, check it out: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SteveKubbyShow/2007/12/13/Leading-from-the-Front-Lines-1

DrNoZone
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Show description:

At 9:15 our guest will be David Nolan, who will offer a fascinating perspective on the Ron Paul phenomenon and how it will change America. David Nolan founded the Libertarian Party in 1971. He subsequently served the party in a number of roles including National Chair, editor of the party newsletter, chairman of the By-laws Committee, chairman of the Judicial Committee, and Chairman of the Platform Committee. Nolan is also known as the inventor of the Nolan Chart.

DrNoZone
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Just finished listening to the show. It's well worth a listen. Check it out.

BiPolarBear
12-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Is David Nolan trying out for the mainstream media? Could he possibly be more negative? He really wasn't informed about a few things also...I believe he commented that the blimp wasn't a good use of campaign funds? Does he realize that isn't paid for by the campaign or am I mistaken?

Steve Kubby is a good guy...much more positive.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Is David Nolan trying out for the mainstream media? Could he possibly be more negative? He really wasn't informed about a few things also...I believe he commented that the blimp wasn't a good use of campaign funds? Does he realize that isn't paid for by the campaign or am I mistaken?

David Nolan is a very smart man, a very educated man when it comes to politics, political theory, political races and political history. So I think he was just being realistic from where he sees things. Notice how many times he said, basically, "I hope I'm wrong".

As for the bit about the blimp, I don't recall him saying that it was campaign funded. He was saying that it showed, as well as some other things the grassroots has funded, how new to politics some of Paul's supporters are. He was just saying that it wasn't likely to be an effective use of those kind of funds.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
For the uninformed:
Steve Kubby and George Phillies are the two most prominent potential candidates for the LP nomination. Phillies has been running subtle anti-Ron Paul ads on the internet and Steve Kubby has endorsed Ron Paul. Just remember this if you participate in the process later.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 09:38 AM
For the uninformed:
Steve Kubby and George Phillies are the two most prominent potential candidates for the LP nomination. Phillies has been running subtle anti-Ron Paul ads on the internet and Steve Kubby has endorsed Ron Paul. Just remember this if you participate in the process later.

Yes, if I vote LP (assuming Paul doesn't win the nomination or stay in the race), then I will be voting for Kubby...I sure hope he gets their nod.

AlexMerced
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes, if I vote LP (assuming Paul doesn't win the nomination or stay in the race), then I will be voting for Kubby...I sure hope he gets their nod.

I second that

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
David Nolan is an idiot.

Ron Paul a greater chance getting elected as a 3rd party candidate than getting the Republican nomination?

HA HA HA HA HA HA

What a dumbass.

We need 40-50 million votes in the general to win.
We need 5-6 million votes in the primary to win.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
David Nolan is an idiot.

Ron Paul a greater chance getting elected as a 3rd party candidate than getting the Republican nomination?

HA HA HA HA HA HA

What a dumbass.

We need 40-50 million votes in the general to win.
We need 5-6 million votes in the primary to win.
Yeah, but we get more support from independents than Republicans. This primary is definitely going to be an uphill fight. We already have latecomers who are complaining that its too late to change parties in their state.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Disagree with him if you want, that's totally acceptable (and I disagree with him in many ways on the Ron Paul campaign), but David Nolan is definitely NOT an idiot.

Paul supporters are REALLY doing themselves a disservice when they call anyone who disagrees with them an idiot.

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but we get more support from independents than Republicans. This primary is definitely going to be an uphill fight. We already have latecomers who are complaining that its too late to change parties in their state.

Many states have open primaries.
Most states that have closed primaries have 1-2 week registration.

To win a general it would literally take EVERY SINGLE registered independent and then some cross overs to vote for Paul for him to win a plurality.

If that is route yall want to take then good luck. My time would be better spent earning a bit more money and donating it to liberty causes instead of doing this again for a fruitless and impossible bid.

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Disagree with him if you want, that's totally acceptable (and I disagree with him in many ways on the Ron Paul campaign), but David Nolan is definitely NOT an idiot.

Paul supporters are REALLY doing themselves a disservice when they call anyone who disagrees with them an idiot.

No he letting his preconceived beliefs get in the way of proper analyzation of the circumstances. While you are right he is not an idiot (reform of prior statement) his analysis is idiotic.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Many states have open primaries.
Most states that have closed primaries have 1-2 week registration.

To win a general it would literally take EVERY SINGLE registered independent and then some cross overs to vote for Paul for him to win a plurality.

If that is route yall want to take then good luck. My time would be better spent earning a bit more money and donating it to liberty causes instead of doing this again for a fruitless and impossible bid.
It doesn't really matter, because we're going to try both if Paul fails to win the Republican nomination. Its a moot point which is better.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
No he letting his preconceived beliefs get in the way of proper analyzation of the circumstances. While you are right he is not an idiot (reform of prior statement) his analysis is idiotic.

Preconceived? Seriously, listen to the show again. He's analyzing it based on his experience and considerable political knowledge. He PERSONALLY would LOVE if Ron Paul got the Republican nod, and he said so many times in the show.

It sounds like it's you who has preconceived notions about anyone who doesn't automatically support Ron Paul.

tsetsefly
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
bump it was good, interesting take on ron paul running as a 3rd party candidate and getting most western states...

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Steve Kubby, Marc Emery (of Cannabis Culture), and Richard Cowan discuss Ron Paul on today's episode of the Steve Kubby Show as well.

Check it out: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SteveKubbyShow/2007/12/14/Leading-from-the-Front-Lines-1

DrNoZone
12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Bump

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Caution should be taken before anyone gets involved with this group of people. They think of themselves as crusaders for the cause of marijuana, but they in fact diminish the credibility of the debate on the issue of personal marijuana use and the quality of their character is questionable. Caveat Emptor!

"First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person.

I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination" - Marc Emery

DrNoZone
12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Caution should be taken before anyone gets involved with this group of people. They think of themselves as crusaders for the cause of marijuana, but they in fact diminish the credibility of the debate on the issue of personal marijuana use and the quality of their character is questionable. Caveat Emptor!

"First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person.

I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination" - Marc Emery

Get over yourself. Marc Emery, Steve Kubby, and Richard Cowan are all heroes.

You've got few posts, and at least 3 that I've seen are you trashing Emery. Get a life, get on with your life. Troll.