PDA

View Full Version : Did the CIA hire this man to kill RFK?

KEEF
02-17-2019, 09:05 AM
Interesting read about CIA and the RFK assassination.

CIA may have used contractor who inspired ‘Mission: Impossible’ to kill RFK, new book alleges

Was Robert Maheu, an aide to Howard Hughes, responsible for Bobby Kennedy’s assassination?

I
Robert A. Maheu pauses outside federal court in Los Angeles in 1974, where a jury ruled that he had been defamed by billionaire Howard Hughes. A new book claims that Maheu, a longtime CIA operative, may have arranged the assassination of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy (D-N.Y.). (Bettmann/Bettmann Archive)
By Tom Jackman (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/tom-jackman/)

February 9
Robert A. Maheu was such a colorful character that it’s widely believed the television show “Mission: Impossible” was based on him and his private investigative agency.
As an ex-FBI agent, the CIA asked him to handle jobs it wanted to steer clear of, such as lining up prostitutes for a foreign president or hiring the mafia to kill Fidel Castro. For more than 15 years, Maheu and his Washington-based company were on monthly retainer to “The Agency,” CIA records show. And during much of that time, Maheu was the right-hand man to Howard Hughes as Hughes bought up vast swaths of Las Vegas and helped finance CIA operations.

Now, a new book alleges that Maheu may have performed another mission for the CIA: the assassination of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy (D-N.Y.).

More at link https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/02/09/cia-may-have-used-contractor-who-inspired-mission-impossible-kill-rfk-new-book-alleges/?utm_term=.542147534749

Cap
02-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Sadly, we will probably never know for sure. I imagine that rabbit hole is pretty deep.

Anti Globalist
02-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Well if RFK became president he most likely was going to open up an investigation on who killed his brother.

Cap
02-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Well if RFK became president he most likely was going to open up an investigation on who killed his brother.I'm sure you are correct, I know that if I were in his shoes, I would have been hell bent on finding the truth and making an example of the perps.

KEEF
02-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Well if RFK became president he most likely was going to open up an investigation on who killed his brother.
That is what the article was talking about.

oyarde
02-17-2019, 03:08 PM

The guys that were in on it must have thought so too because it was the same guys .

TheCount
02-17-2019, 03:33 PM
No

Swordsmyth
02-17-2019, 05:31 PM
No
I think we can take this as reverse verification of the theory.

enhanced_deficit
02-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Above if confirmed as non-fakenews should help stop conspiracy theories that may have started following SS's mom's comments at the time:

Rfk Speech on Arms to Israel Triggered Sirhan to Assassination

NEW YORK (Feb. 21)
Robert Kennedy’s promise of military aid to Israel was the trigger that led to Sirhan Sirhan’s decision to kill the Democratic presidential hopeful, who had just won the California primary election in June 1968.
Sirhan gave that explanation in an interview with television host David Frost on NBC’s “Inside Edition” Monday night.
The Jerusalem-born Palestinian, who immigrated to the United States as a child and is now 44, is serving a life sentence at the California Correctional Facility at Soledad.
He will be eligible for parole in May for the 13th time since he began his sentence in 1969.
In the interview, the first with Sirhan since he shot Kennedy at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles more than 20 years ago, the Palestinian said he hadn’t planned the killing because Robert Kennedy “was my hero, my champion,” who stood up for the underdog.
Sirhan recalled hearing Kennedy at a rally n Oregon promise warplanes to Israel. It was then that the targeted the senator to die.
“To hear him say he was going to send 50 Phantom jets to Israel . . . to deliver nothing but death and destruction on my countrymen, that seemed like it was a betrayal,” Sirhan said.

https://www.jta.org/1989/02/22/archi...-assassination (https://www.jta.org/1989/02/22/archive/rfk-speech-on-arms-to-israel-triggered-sirhan-to-assassination)

TheCount
02-17-2019, 10:48 PM
I think we can take this as reverse verification of the theory.

But what has Q said about it?

Swordsmyth
02-18-2019, 01:08 AM
Above if confirmed as non-fakenews should help stop conspiracy theories that may have started following SS's mom's comments at the time:
:confused:

Swordsmyth
02-18-2019, 01:10 AM
Rfk Speech on Arms to Israel Triggered Sirhan to Assassination

NEW YORK (Feb. 21)
Robert Kennedy’s promise of military aid to Israel was the trigger that led to Sirhan Sirhan’s decision to kill the Democratic presidential hopeful, who had just won the California primary election in June 1968.
Sirhan gave that explanation in an interview with television host David Frost on NBC’s “Inside Edition” Monday night.
The Jerusalem-born Palestinian, who immigrated to the United States as a child and is now 44, is serving a life sentence at the California Correctional Facility at Soledad.
He will be eligible for parole in May for the 13th time since he began his sentence in 1969.
In the interview, the first with Sirhan since he shot Kennedy at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles more than 20 years ago, the Palestinian said he hadn’t planned the killing because Robert Kennedy “was my hero, my champion,” who stood up for the underdog.
Sirhan recalled hearing Kennedy at a rally n Oregon promise warplanes to Israel. It was then that the targeted the senator to die.
“To hear him say he was going to send 50 Phantom jets to Israel . . . to deliver nothing but death and destruction on my countrymen, that seemed like it was a betrayal,” Sirhan said.

https://www.jta.org/1989/02/22/archi...-assassination (https://www.jta.org/1989/02/22/archive/rfk-speech-on-arms-to-israel-triggered-sirhan-to-assassination)
I hope you don't take the official story at face value, there is zero possibility it is truthful.

Zippyjuan
02-18-2019, 12:02 PM
But what has Q said about it?

Q predicted that something bad could happen to somebody someplace at some time. He was spot on!