PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Majority of Americans trust Mueller over Trump

Warlord
02-12-2019, 10:18 AM
A majority of Americans say they trust special counsel Robert Mueller's credibility more than they trust President Trump's, according to a new poll.

A Washington Post/Schar School poll released Tuesday found that 56 percent of Americans surveyed said they view Mueller as more credible, while 33 percent said they trusted the president's version of the facts more.

Fifty-seven percent said the special counsel was more interested in “finding out the truth” than “hurting Trump politically.”

The poll's results were split largely along partisan lines — 86 percent of Democrats polled said they were more likely to believe Mueller's version of the facts, while 74 percent of Republicans said they trusted Trump's.

Fifty-seven percent of independents surveyed said they trusted Mueller's credibility over Trump's, while 29 percent said they trusted the president.

More:
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/429565-poll-majority-trusts-mueller-over-trump

Brian4Liberty
02-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Nothing poll shows nothing. Who do you trust more Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer? Results will be so meaningful.

AngryCanadian
02-12-2019, 10:30 AM
A poll which was done by just 1 000 people? so 1000 people are the voice of America?

kahless
02-12-2019, 10:31 AM
A WAPO poll, lol. About as accurate as the 2016 Presidential polls. No doubt mostly Democrat participants since everyone else is too busy working to be bothered or too afraid to tell the poster they trust Trump more.

CaptUSA
02-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Hmmm... A lifelong bureaucrat and an avowed conman wrapped up in a political game... :confused: This is a tuffy... Which to trust more???

I think I'm gonna have to put them both in the same cage and tell 'em, "I don't care about your power squabbles; quit stealing my stuff!"

dannno
02-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Will they trust him when it turns out he doesn't have shit?

Stratovarious
02-12-2019, 10:47 AM
This was an honest poll, taken in a district where 97% were welfare recipients that heard;
''Trumpt' gonna' git' 'are' 'Wewfair'

Stratovarious
02-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Global Warming Statistics = Polls (synonyms)

You compile/conduct 40 surveys/polls and publish the 2 that agree with
what you had hoped them to reflect.

CaptUSA
02-12-2019, 10:52 AM
This was an honest poll, taken in a district where 97% were welfare recipients that heard;
''Trumpt' gonna' git' 'are' 'Wewfair'

Once again. Wrong enemy, pal.

They will divide you amongst yourselves if you let them. The real enemy here is the government. If you get caught up in their power squabbles, they already got you.

Stratovarious
02-12-2019, 10:56 AM

They will divide you amongst yourselves if you let them. The real enemy here is the government. If you get caught up in their power squabbles, they already got you.
Troll button :upsidedown:

CaptUSA
02-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Troll button :upsidedown:

Yes, that's right... Use the troll button on the ones promoting individual liberty. And not on the ones continuing the political division ballgame that keeps government growing and liberty receding.

You musta gon to gubmint skools, amirite?

Stratovarious
02-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Yes, that's right... Use the troll button on the ones promoting individual liberty. And not on the ones continuing the political division ballgame that keeps government growing and liberty receding.

You musta gon to gubmint skools, amirite?

I must have hit the wrong Troll Button , lemi' see here - - - -

:check:

oyarde
02-12-2019, 11:40 AM
If the majority of 1k americans say they will believe mueller about anything it kind of shows you how fucked you are .

nikcers
02-12-2019, 11:44 AM
If the majority of 1k americans say they will believe mueller about anything it kind of shows you how $#@!ed you are .

Are you not entertained? #Mueller2020

jkr
02-12-2019, 12:09 PM
didnt

ask

me

shakey1
02-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Mueller's a joke... 2 years+ trying to prove collusion... show me the money.

Swordsmyth
02-12-2019, 03:51 PM

The real enemies are the people who elect and support the government tyrants, a tyrant without followers is no threat.

Swordsmyth
02-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Fake Poll.

Anti Globalist
02-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Now that is some fake news right there.

kpitcher
02-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Mueller's a joke... 2 years+ trying to prove collusion... show me the money.

Last figure I saw showed he had brought in from fines more than the investigation has cost. Perhaps Trump isn't colluding, but he has had a lot of people around him doing really stupid and illegal things. On the upside, if anything this is indeed draining a little of the swamp. Why not consider investigations into every lobbyist and power trader in DC? As long as the investigation continues to self fund.

Superfluous Man
02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
That would be a tough poll to answer.

It's not like honesty is one of Trump's selling points.

Swordsmyth
02-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Last figure I saw showed he had brought in from fines more than the investigation has cost. Perhaps Trump isn't colluding, but he has had a lot of people around him doing really stupid and illegal things. On the upside, if anything this is indeed draining a little of the swamp. Why not consider investigations into every lobbyist and power trader in DC? As long as the investigation continues to self fund.
Why not endorse giving government the unlimited power to snoop on everyone?
If you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to fear.:sarcasm:

kpitcher
02-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Why not endorse giving government the unlimited power to snoop on everyone?
If you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to fear.:sarcasm:

Quite the opposite, only looking at government - I did mention lobbyists and power traders. While a flippant remark it could be a potential way to stop the lobbying if the lobbyists knew their actions would be truly scrutinized. When we have parts of government not even give visitor logs we know there is the very real possibility of citizens being shafted.

I've seen many outrageous solutions. One of the most amusing is that since police are public servants and have body cams running, why not all government employees or at least politicians? Sure it's not the best use of funds, and isn't practical, yet if "drain the swamp" is a serious ongoing problem then some viable and effective solutions should be considered. Obviously more thought out than glib comments on a forum.

Sadly Ron Paul not being lobbied because he couldn't be bought was an exception and not the rule.

Swordsmyth
02-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Quite the opposite, only looking at government - I did mention lobbyists and power traders. While a flippant remark it could be a potential way to stop the lobbying if the lobbyists knew their actions would be truly scrutinized. When we have parts of government not even give visitor logs we know there is the very real possibility of citizens being shafted.

I've seen many outrageous solutions. One of the most amusing is that since police are public servants and have body cams running, why not all government employees or at least politicians? Sure it's not the best use of funds, and isn't practical, yet if "drain the swamp" is a serious ongoing problem then some viable and effective solutions should be considered. Obviously more thought out than glib comments on a forum.

Sadly Ron Paul not being lobbied because he couldn't be bought was an exception and not the rule.
It will be used subjectively.

If you want anything like that then you need multiple competing investigators, at least one chosen by the administration, one chosen by the opposition and one directly elected.

UWDude
02-12-2019, 05:35 PM

I know my enemies.
I don't need you to tell me who my enemies are.

Origanalist
02-12-2019, 05:42 PM
didnt

ask

me

Me either.

Occam's Banana
02-13-2019, 02:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/odmJ4Rr.jpg
Pole needs more options ...

Q: Who do you distrust more, Mueller or Trump?
A: Yes.

enhanced_deficit
02-13-2019, 01:25 PM
While there are many fakenews polls out there, this poll's results seem plausible as many in public would instinctively put more trust in LE/policing officers than they would in a former reality TV star turned politician ... especially on the GOP/Right side.

Trump calls Democrats 'anti-police,' says GOP represents 'rule of law'
The president also said he was fighting for law enforcement funding

Donald Trump signs executive order giving police more powers
Feb 9, 2017

Mueller's a joke....

Unfortunately "joke" narrative is being used by some on Right to undermine MAGA's credibility also.

Even some MAGA supporters have been saying this lately:

Coulter on Trump: "Joke presidency who scammed the American people" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529453-Coulter-Trump-Will-Not-Finish-Current-Term-quot-joke-presidency-who-scammed-the-American-people-quot&)

'Gun owners of America' leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519979-Conservative-leader-on-Trump-He-s-a-fraud-and-has-betrayed-us-twice-now&)

Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.