PDA

View Full Version : A petition to catalog and reveal the citizenships of our elected representatives

Swordsmyth
02-10-2019, 07:51 PM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dual-citizenship-public-officials-creates-conflicts-interest

Dr.3D
02-10-2019, 07:55 PM
I wish people would stop calling them leaders.

They are supposed to be representatives.

I wouldn't follow those folks any place.

Swordsmyth
02-10-2019, 07:57 PM
I wish people would stop calling them leaders.

They are supposed to be representatives.

I wouldn't follow those folks any place.
I just copied the headline, I'll change it.

Occam's Banana
02-11-2019, 03:08 AM
I don't live in a lot of places. For example, I don't live in Azerbaijan. Nor do I live in Connecticut. So any "public official" or "elected representative" in Connecticut is just as much a "dual-citizenship foreigner" to me regardless of whether his forebears came over on the Mayflower or he (or his forebears) came from Azerbaijan.

IOW: As far as I'm concerned, Congress is composed of 532 foreigners ... (and I'm not so sure about the other three, either ...)

Swordsmyth
02-11-2019, 03:15 AM
I don't live in a lot of places. For example, I don't live in Azerbaijan. Nor do I live in Connecticut. So any "public official" or "elected representative" in Connecticut is just as much a "dual-citizenship foreigner" to me regardless of whether his forebears came over on the Mayflower or he (or his forebears) came from Azerbaijan.

IOW: As far as I'm concerned, Congress is composed of at least 532 foreigners ... (and I'm not so sure about the other three, either ...)
Some "foreigners" are more distant geographically, culturally and share fewer interests than others.

Your point is a good one however, we do need separation from some of those representatives and their constituents but that doesn't change the problem that this is intended to deal with.

TheTexan
02-11-2019, 03:20 AM
People with any citizenship other than America can't be trusted.

They're shifty.

TheTexan
02-11-2019, 03:23 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dual-citizenship-public-officials-creates-conflicts-interest

I think we should extend this to also ban anyone who has ever lived overseas. (besides military obviously)

Swordsmyth
02-11-2019, 03:33 AM

They're shifty.
They can't be trusted to serve Americans instead of their other country.

TheTexan
02-11-2019, 05:04 AM
They can't be trusted to serve Americans instead of their other country.

They shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Swordsmyth
02-11-2019, 02:33 PM
They shouldn't even be allowed to vote.
I said that they should have to give up one citizenship or the other but if we can't get that then keeping them out of positions in government will help.

Zippyjuan
02-11-2019, 04:38 PM

They're shifty.

Can't trust Americans either. Better keep out those with foreign spouses too.