PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION WEB DEVELOPERS -- Domains Available

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Web Developers,

I have 3 pretty good Ron Paul domain names that I'd like to use to present original content -- perhaps something different than the numerous yet invaluable blog-formatted sites like Daily Paul or Ron Paul Nation. Fun, interactive flash-based sites comes to mind, but I'm at a loss for themes. A 3D flash portal to top sites using screen previews?

RonPaul08.com
RonPaulforPrez.com
PresidentRonPaul.com

I bought the domains in January hoping to develop original content, but the ideas never surfaced and time has been thin with all the other stuff going on. In the meantime, they've just been redirected to RonPaul2008.com. I haven't been squatting, if that's what you're thinking.

If there's a talented developer who would like to submit an idea as to how to best use the domain and would like to have FTP access, please post your ideas here. I would retain ownership, but creative control would be yours, with very little & reasonable oversight to keep it G rated and pertanent.

I'm relucant to use RonPaul08.com because it might be one of the most common mistypes and those intending to go to RonPaul2008.com should get there. That's the one that would need to house the most informative idea. I know it's a little late in the game. I have regrets about not doing this 8 months ago. In the interest of time, I'd entertain the idea of migrating a bad ass site that merits more domain-based attention.

Ya know, PresidentRonPaul.com should have a flash based video game where Prez Paul goes on NWO-destroying adventures, but that'll just take way too much time and wouldn't exactly get him elected. Once he's President, we can do something more serious. Anyways, think outside the box. You gotta come up with something you can own and love (read: hence develop til it hurts).

If someone wants to buy a domain at a hefty price (about $2,000 to max me out), I will donate 100% to the campaign and send you proof. I'll entertain reasonable offers. I'm sorry if this is soliciting, but it's for the right cause. It's not like I'm selling a car to pocket some cash.

If I'm way off base about how important it could be to have sites at these domains, my apologies. I'm a tool. I'm already embarrassed enough for sitting on my hands for so long.

Better late than never,
Jesubub

j0ew00ds
12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
What type of server is it? LAMP?

jstmike
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
You're doing a great service having RonPaul08.com forward to RonPaul2008.com.

Thank you.

I was going to say why don't you have them buy it but then since you're going to donate the money to them anyways you might as well keep it and keep it as a redirect.

That is the domain that I've been using to get to the offical campain and I thought it was theirs.

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
What type of server is it? LAMP?

Not sure. They're hosted at Dreamhost (http://dreamhost.com/hosting.html). I snooped around but didn't find an answer, but you may know exactly where to go.

BTW, my hosting package has over 200GB space and 5TB/month BW.

GoRon2008
12-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Not sure. They're hosted at Dreamhost (http://dreamhost.com/hosting.html). I snooped around but didn't find an answer, but you may know exactly where to go.

BTW, my hosting package has over 200GB space and 5TB/month BW.

Do you know how much traffic is generated by presidentronpaul.com?

If it isnt much, it might be worth throwing something simple up for now talking about ron paul and who he is. I could help with that.

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
You're doing a great service having RonPaul08.com forward to RonPaul2008.com.
That is the domain that I've been using to get to the offical campain and I thought it was theirs.

Whew, that's a relief! That made my day.

Your suggestion is my gut feeling. The site that would live there would have to blow my mind.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Do you know how much traffic is generated by presidentronpaul.com?

If it isnt much, it might be worth throwing something simple up for now talking about ron paul and who he is. I could help with that.

Since I had the redirects set up on the server, my host doesn't provide any stats for them. And bandwidth doesn't register, of course. If I'd had a redirect script or meta on the pages, I could have know. Dammit.

I'll keep your offer in mind. I'll let this thread steep for a few days to see what comes up. Thanks.

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Disturbing. Oh wait, are you proposing a Ballmer website?

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
__

tsetsefly
12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I would donate or sell at cost ronpaul08.com

ashlux
12-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Indeed. :D

Rex
12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Sent you a PM... interested.

ashlux
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Definately keep RonPaul08.com forwarding to RonPaul2008.com. That site is being used all over the place as his official website: http://www.google.com/search?q=ronpaul08.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&client=firefox-a.

No doubt tons of people use 08 instead of 2008.

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I would donate or sell at cost ronpaul08.com

I've effectively been donating it since RonPaul2008.com went live. Do you think they'd want to use it for a different site? If not, I'll keep this arrangement until a stellar idea displaces it. I'm open for you to expand on your thought.

tsetsefly
12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I've effectively been donating it since RonPaul2008.com went live. Do you think they'd want to use it for a different site? If not, I'll keep this arrangement until a stellar idea displaces it. I'm open for you to expand on your thought.

You shoudl email them and tell them you have ronpaul08.com and if they are intersted in buying it at cost, I am sure they would, if they aren't you should put a message and link to ronpaul2008.com

PrimarilyPaul
12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
put a site up for this HUGE upcoming poll that Ron Paul needs to win. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44248)

ashlux
12-13-2007, 02:59 PM
You shoudl email them and tell them you have ronpaul08.com and if they are intersted in buying it at cost, I am sure they would, if they aren't you should put a message and link to ronpaul2008.com

He's already forwarding the traffic to RonPaul2008.com which is good enough.

Sell it to them for the same cost you paid. Donating it would have some fun FEC rules around it, like taking money out of your max donation of $2300. But if you're no where close to maxed out, it doesn't matter. But selling it has some FEC rules around it too.

How about just asking them what they want to do about it :-)

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 02:59 PM
if they aren't you should put a message and link to ronpaul2008.com

It's already redirected seamlessly, no action is needed in terms of getting traffic to RonPaul2008.com. Try it.

The only way it could benefit them more is if they intended to develop a different site on it.

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Sent you a PM... interested.

Replied.

tsetsefly
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
It's already redirected seamlessly, no action is needed in terms of getting traffic to RonPaul2008.com. Try it.

The only way it could benefit them more is if they intended to develop a different site on it.

oh i didnt know that, nevermind...

Nyte
12-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Nice work snagging that RonPaul08.com site.

It's really good to know it's in the hands of someone who cares about Ron Paul!

I'd be really cautious about giving it to anyone other than the official campaign. Once it leaves your control, who knows what's really going to happen to it.

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Anybody interested in democrabs.com? I have it and haven't done a thing with it. My 4 year old daughter came up with the name after trying to repeat something she had overheard on TV... :)

Jesubub
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone see a problem with changing the RonPaul08.com redirect to point to time sensitive sites like TeaParty07.com, and default back to RonPaul2008.com when there's no urgent news? Do you see any value in that? Since I don't have access to stats, I don't know how many people that would impact.

Should I embed a redirect in the site so my host can accumulate stats? If so, could you post your favorite or most robust chunk of redirect code?

Mark
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I just bought ---> RonPaul.cc (http://ronpaul.cc) <---a few days ago, I just copied and pasted the source of the campaign site for now.

It's mostly just plain text without the graphics, which is good I suppose for people without high speed connections.

I'm hoping to throw up a site before The Tea Party with a donation widget, the donation counter, and a few of the donation graphs
in order to save bandwidth/reduce traffic on the campaign site and graph sites so they're not so bombarded on Tea Party day.

Hopefully some "old timer" Ron Paul people will use RonPaul.cc to check stats and graphs
and leave the official site for "nu_Bz" who'd like to browse a bit too.

I'll post when it's together, and bulletin Myspace too.

Brian Bailey
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Does anyone see a problem with changing the RonPaul08.com redirect to point to time sensitive sites like TeaParty07.com, and default back to RonPaul2008.com when there's no urgent news? Do you see any value in that? Since I don't have access to stats, I don't know how many people that would impact.

Should I embed a redirect in the site so my host can accumulate stats? If so, could you post your favorite or most robust chunk of redirect code?

My first reaction was that you could redirect it to TeaParty07.com for the next couple of days, so I think you're on to something there.

puppetmaster
12-14-2007, 02:38 AM
california4ronpaul.com

I have it redirected to our Nevada site for now