PDA

View Full Version : Everybody LOVES THE CONSTITUTION NOW!?

coffeewithchess
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I've got the Democratic debate on right now, Bill Richardson, Barack Obama, and Chris Dodd have all pretty much said how they will "restore the constitution". This is crazy, in two days, I've heard the Constitution mentioned from both Democrats and Republicans...too bad I don't believe any of them but ONE!

Mark Rushmore
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Many can follow..

mavtek
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Yes, they are following Kucinich's and Paul's lead. They are trying to pander to people, hopefully it's way too late for that. Hopefully the media starts to shed some light on the subject or most will be in the dark about it.

shrapnel88
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
they wipe their asses with the constitution!

rasheedwallace
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
someone help me...

obama just said that he will abolish the patirot act and FISA...

would hillary? has she stated this? i never understand what the f*** she means because i'm convinced she tries to be as vague as possible.

Talldude1412
12-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey I don't mind seeing the other political candidates getting forced to talk about the constitution, maybe Oprah will put it on her reading list? ::vomits profusely::

This is just further proof of the Ron Paul movement getting stronger.

yongrel
http://homepage.mac.com/nancymorris/.Pictures/copycat.jpg

AtomiC
someone help me...

would hillary? has she stated this? i never understand what the f*** she means because i'm convinced she tries to be as vague as possible.

Their voting records certainly speak differently. They're a bunch of con artists in every sense.

leipo
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM

Didn't he sign the patriot act?

jake
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
pathetic pandering.

amonasro
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
ugh. I heard Obama too. Restoring civil liberties and repealing all of Bush's unconstitutional executive orders.

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
someone help me...

You half expect Hillary to say that, if elected, she may or may not take the oath of office, may or may not govern, and may or may not live in the United States during her first term.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

tcmaroc
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Someone should make a video

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, they are following Kucinich's and Paul's lead. They are trying to pander to people, hopefully it's way too late for that. Hopefully the media starts to shed some light on the subject or most will be in the dark about it.

Lol, Kucinich. The only time he cares about following the Constitution is when it has to do with impeaching Dick Cheney.

Tenbatsu
12-13-2007, 02:16 PM
That's funny, Obama wants to abolish the Patriot Act? Why did he vote to extend its life in 2006? Someone should call him out on that.

Danny Molina
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Of the ones on the stage Bill Richardson is the best.

rollingpig
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
they'll say anything to get your vote. that's the main difference.

Nancy A
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
A lot of these candidates have their own polls commisioned rather than relying on the medias---maybe these polls are telling them that Paul is indeed is a threat. Could be that's why all of this "Constitution" talk of late.

PathIveMade
12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I've noticed a lot of this Constitution talk lately as well, and not just amongst Presidential candidates. It's been in the MSM and just general conversation a LOT more often than before. If nothing else, you can see how the Ron Paul movement has changed the tone in the debates. This is a good thing! If people are aware, once again, of the Constitution, and what it really means, and how it's been trampled over the past decade +, it's just a matter of time until the see that the only true defender is the good doctor.

jake
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I've noticed a lot of this Constitution talk lately as well, and not just amongst Presidential candidates. It's been in the MSM and just general conversation a LOT more often than before. If nothing else, you can see how the Ron Paul movement has changed the tone in the debates. This is a good thing! If people are aware, once again, of the Constitution, and what it really means, and how it's been trampled over the past decade +, it's just a matter of time until the see that the only true defender is the good doctor.

good point. If RP gets the nomination, I think he will easily crush any opponent the Dems can throw at us!

Micahyah
12-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I felt the same thing watching the debate!

This "longshot, fringe" candidate is DOMINATING POLITICAL DISCOURSE in BOTH PARTIES.

They must be scared to death of Ron Paul.

If he wasn't running, do you think restoring the Constitution would be talked about by either party? Not a chance.

mconder
12-13-2007, 02:47 PM
"restore the constitution"

These people are pathological liars.

davidkachel
12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I felt the same thing watching the debate!

This "longshot, fringe" candidate is DOMINATING POLITICAL DISCOURSE in BOTH PARTIES.

They must be scared to death of Ron Paul.

If he wasn't running, do you think restoring the Constitution would be talked about by either party? Not a chance.

I love the smell of revolution in the morning.

Readers of this thread should go read this one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53135

lloydian
12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
This "talking of the constitution" is a direct result of Ron Paul and this movement.

We are the trailblazers in many facets and have been
the butt of many jokes just as the founding fathers were considered crazies in the beginning of the revolution. How IRONIC

Somebody should do a you tube on the contrast going all the way back to early in the campaign of Ron Paul to call these copycats out on their fake platforms.

benhaskins
12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
they would have to be dumb not to realize how popular his message is at this point.

maybe they still buy into phony polls though and ignore the massive fundraising from individual donors which no one else can seem to accomplish along with being the most popular candidate on the internet.

rpfreedom08
12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
lol, oh yeah, this is pretty funny "fringe", my ass!

Vendico
12-13-2007, 03:58 PM
bah wrong thread

jasonoliver
12-13-2007, 04:14 PM

Kucinich doesn't know JACK about the constitution. Maybe the russian one....

Alopederii
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
You know how the other campaigns and MSM reporters would always ask how RP does so well with grassroots organizing? Then the other candidates try to copy his website, his meetup groups, etc?

Ron Paul always says it's the message.

Maybe the other candidates are catching on.*

The constitution is finally no longer a fringe position, and should remain in the debates for years to come. Also, if enough folks hear about the constitution and are sold on it (even from Obama or Hillary) it is then a simple matter of getting them to compare the voting records. They already will want the idea, we just need to direct them to the honest man who delivers on it!

*I'm telling you!

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
someone help me...

They both voted for it