PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 93% Say Those Making $500,000 Should Not Pay More Taxes

Swordsmyth
02-07-2019, 10:16 PM
A Job Creators Network/ScottRasmussen.com Weekly Pulse poll found that an overwhelming majority of Americans are against those who make $500,000 having to pay more in taxes. A whopping 93 percent of respondents said a person making $500,000 a year should not be forced to pay more in taxes. The number increases to 96 percent when those polled were asked about those who make $150,000 a year.
“There is a lot of talk these days about making the rich ‘pay their fair share,’” said Elaine Parker, President of the Job Creators Network Foundation, in a press release. “But in reality, people don’t know how to define rich and don’t support the idea that anyone should pay more than half their income in taxes.”
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-7.15.47-PM.png (https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-7.15.47-PM.png)

The polling numbers also found that 79 percent of Americans rated the economy as performing excellent, good, or fair under President Donald Trump. Another 79 percent said their personal finances were either excellent, good, or fair. A majority also strongly agreed that paying half of your income in taxes was too much.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/07/poll-93-say-those-making-500000-should-not-pay-more-taxes/

acptulsa
02-01-2022, 03:20 PM
This 93% of respondents do not understand the fundamental processes that take place in the country's economy. If the population that earns $500,000 stops paying more taxes, there will be a massive gap between the middle and wealthy classes.

Stops paying more?

The question was about them paying more than they already do, not about them paying more than you.

RJB
02-01-2022, 04:25 PM
This is a popular thread for first time posters.

acptulsa
02-01-2022, 04:28 PM

Suddenly. And a minute apart...

Occam's Banana
02-01-2022, 04:41 PM

I'm making a list.

And I'll be checking it (at least) twice.

oyarde
02-01-2022, 05:16 PM
This one should bring the novice commies out . Of my 500K I'd be willing to donate 1 percent to what is covered in Article One Section 8 only and give ten percent to my Church while allowing the state to collect gas tax , state tax and sales tax only. That would leave me 77 percent about which wouldve been a good deal more than I ever got out of he 50K a yr I made when I was working before I retired. Of course this means no property tax so the state would need to find a different way to fund the overly wasteful public education for me to retain three quarters of my earnings . Anyone expecting me to be happy with less than the 3/4 offer I made should be at the wrong end of a bayonet needless to say and would get no mercy from me.

mtr1979
02-02-2022, 01:16 AM

It looks like a mystery, but I have a theory. Potolog and Reobill are in the same class at college. The class is called "Modern Economics and Taxation." After they finished the reading assignment which was from the terrible book the teacher wrote. The next part of the assignment was to post on forum whose views you oppose. Potolog and Reobill must then take screenshots of the interaction to the professor. The professor will then compile this information for their next book. The book will be terrible and the only people who buy it will be students who are forced to because it will be required reading.

Occam's Banana
02-07-2022, 05:09 PM

I'm making a list.

And I'll be checking it (at least) twice.

It looks like a mystery, but I have a theory. Potolog and Reobill are in the same class at college. [...]

I have another theory.

They (or he, or it) are just spammers who try to evade the banhammer by making posts without any spam-links.

Then they (or he, or it) will come back a few days or a week later and edit their (or his, or its) posts to insert spam-links.

"potolog" did this yesterday. He (or it) is gone now.

The cockroach-swatter yet awaits "reobill" ...

acptulsa
02-07-2022, 05:17 PM

Reobill the Reobot.

I'm having trouble imagining a self-driving REO.

https://ccnwordpress.blob.core.windows.net/journal/2019/10/18336120-1931-reo-royale-jumbo.jpg

RJB
02-07-2022, 06:50 PM
I have another theory.

They (or he, or it) are just spammers who try to evade the banhammer by making posts without any spam-links.

Then they (or he, or it) will come back a few days or a week later and edit their (or his, or its) posts to insert spam-links.

I will hand the kudos for actually reading the OP and responding somewhat appropriately. Most spammers don't seem to have a grasp of who they are talking to. Some don't even use the right language. Great catch!

Occam's Banana
02-07-2022, 07:10 PM
I will hand the kudos for actually reading the OP and responding somewhat appropriately. Most spammers don't seem to have a grasp of who they are talking to. Some don't even use the right language. Great catch!

It's the "somewhat appropriately" that gives them away. Their posts have an "uncanny valley" feel to them.

That's probably because they use some kind of AI bots to programmatically generate them.

Occam's Banana
02-07-2022, 07:25 PM

Actually, I just noticed that not only was potolog's post edited to include a spam-link, but for some reason it was also edited so that it started with a verbatim copy of reobill's two-sentence post.

So I'm just going to go ahead and swat reobill, too.