PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on the blimp project - GET THE BLIMP TO BOSTON!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
The following is my opinion on the blimp project. If you don't like it then please feel free to post with your opinion. There is no censorship here at Ron Paul Forums.

In my opinion the blimp project is a great idea, but an expensive idea. I think everyone involved has done a GREAT job so far. They have put together a project in a short period of time that should have taken months. Additionally, they have worked like crazy on this project and have sacrificed their own savings and income for this project. Also, they are taking a chance by finding a unique way to bypass unconstitutional campaign finance laws.

I think they are doing a GREAT job. I think the blimp idea is GREAT. I think it could bring us tons of supporters! But there are a few issues I must address.

1) For the blimp project to be successful people need to know about the blimp. The best chance for the blimp to get a huge boost of publicity from the start is to be in Boston for the Tea Party! There is currently NO OTHER MASSIVE EVENTS happening that can be used to get the blimp a huge boost of publicity. If the blimp does not get a HUGE START the mainstream media will simply try to ignore it and marginalize it.

2)The blimp project is expensive and has probably taken money away from those that would donate towards the Tea Party or other chip in projects. Every dollar spent on this expensive blimp project should be MAXIMIZED. For that to happen the blimp MUST be in Boston for the Tea Party! If it is not in Boston for the Tea Party there is NO OTHER EVENT 1/10th as important that is on the horizon! If it makes it to Boston the Tea Party will benefit and the blimp will benefit. If it does not make it to Boston NEITHER will benefit.

3) The letter "n" must be completed. Is Ron Paul a serious candidate? Then the banner on the blimp must be perfect. Without the "n" the blimp looks unprofessional.

---

I want to see the blimp be successful. However, unless the blimp gets a GIGANTIC head start in media attention I don't think it will be too much more than a novelty. It will bring us some new supporters, but it won't be worth the cost because most people will not be looking for it. Please remember that every dollar spent on the blimp COULD have been spent on other worthy projects. Look at all the chip ins that remain! Look at all the ads that could be purchased for NH!

For the blimp project to be successful it needs to be in Boston and it needs to have the letter "n" completed.

If the letter "n" is not completed I still think the blimp project should continue. However, if the blimp does not make it to Boston for the Tea Party I think that the blimp will lose much of it's ability to be successful, the project should be canceled, and the money refunded so it can be used on other projects.

I am NOT bashing this project. I think it's a great project. However, the success of the entire project depends on the blimp making it to Boston.

If you have a different opinion I respect it. If you want to call me names then that is your right. If you want to call me a troll then that is your right.

However, I have the right to post my opinion.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
I think flyers like this should be handed out to everyone in Boston.

By the way, I posted this several weeks ago. Do you still think I'm a troll?

------

Here are SEVEN FACTS about Ron Paul that make him totally unique from all the other candidates both Republican and Democrat. Remember these facts, because they can be very useful talking to potential new supports or in a debate.

1) Ron Paul desires to tremendously reduce the size, cost, and power of the federal government. He is the only candidate that would strive to make the federal government abide by the constitution so that the IRS and income tax can be abolished and replaced with nothing! This means no flat tax and no huge national sales tax!

2) Ron Paul is the only non-interventionist candidate. He is the only candidate that would bring all of our troops home from around the world immediately. Other candidates support an aggressive foreign policy that offends other nations. Ron Paul on the other hand desires a foreign policy that encourages trade, commerce, tourism, diplomacy, and peace!

3) Ron Paul is the only candidate that desires to end the war on drugs. As a medical doctor he has witnessed first hand the horrors that have resulted from the drug war. He is fully aware of the dangerous black market and violent activity that is a direct result of the prohibition of drugs. Also, unlike all the other candidates he also has the courage to stand up for your right to control what you put into your own body.

4) Ron Paul is the only candidate to boldly oppose the unconstitutional banking cartel that is called the Federal Reserve system. He also opposes the printing of money from thin air (backed by nothing) that results in high inflation. Unlike other candidates he is bold enough to give this dreadful result of the Federal Reserve system a name: the Inflation Tax!

5) Ron Paul is the only candidate that defends the national sovereignty of the USA from those that want to take it away. He is the only candidate that opposes the relinquishing of authority of our nation to the United Nation, the proposed North American Union, and other globalist organizations. Unlike a few other candidates who recognize the danger of illegal immigration he recognizes additional threats as well!

6) Ron Paul is the only candidate that opposes forced participation in the social security system. He wants to allow younger people to invest their money for their future or retirement how they see fit! However, by reducing the size and cost of government in many other areas (so that the federal government once again abides by the constitution) those currently that depend on social security or are heavily invested in the system can be taken care of so that no one is left in the cold.

7) Ron Paul is the only candidate who defends the Bill of Rights totally and completely. He opposes violations of the right to bare arms, voted against the Patriot Act, defends your right to privacy, opposes censorship in all forms, and has fought for years to defend the constitution.

What do the above SEVEN FACTS mean to you this election season?

Ron Paul is the ONLY true small government, anti-interventionist, anti-tax (income or sales tax), and pro-freedom candidate that you can vote for this election.

No one else even COMES CLOSE!

Joe3113
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Menthol Patch is most likely an infiltrator from an opposing campaign.

Please check out his post history.

Please let this thread die and ignore him.

shadowhooch
12-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Geeezzz! What part of "the weather isn't cooperating" don't you understand???

I trust the pilot.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not at all an infiltrator from another campaign. I totally support Ron Paul. I just don't support spending up to a million dollars on a project that may end up having an awful start and remain a novelty.

If the blimp makes it to Boston you will see me cheering the blimp on for the next several months!

By the way, I was one of the first people on here to support the blimp project!

WilliamC
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Greetings All,

If the weather doesn't cooperate, Boston won't happen. What is confusing about this?

You sound like chicken little, like the campaign will come to an end if the blimp isn't over Boston on December 16th. This is not the case. December 16th doesn't need the blimp to succeed, and the blimp doesn't need December 16th to succeed. These were independently organized events to begin with, and while synergy would be nice, it isn't required.

Keep the Blimp in good weather where it will be seen by the most people. Eastern seaboard and the South sound like good places for it to be. Maybe hit the West Coast logistics permitting.

How about we let the people who are actually working on the blimp do their jobs? If you know what's best by all means head over to where it's at and take charge. But please, this armchair quarterbacking is getting old.

William C Colley

sherpah23
12-13-2007, 02:02 PM
+1 on boston making a huge difference. I donated to the blimp. I just want to see it off the ground.

Lacrosseus
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
The following is my opinion on the blimp project. If you don't like it then please feel free to post with your opinion.

In MY opinion... Trevor should take the controls of the blimp and fly it up your a...

hueylong
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Guys like this waste our time.

See? I'm wasting time replying to this moron right now.

Huey

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Greetings All,

If the weather doesn't cooperate, Boston won't happen. What is confusing about this?

You sound like chicken little, like the campaign will come to an end if the blimp isn't over Boston on December 16th. This is not the case. December 16th doesn't need the blimp to succeed, and the blimp doesn't need December 16th to succeed. These were independently organized events to begin with, and while synergy would be nice, it isn't required.

Keep the Blimp in good weather where it will be seen by the most people. Eastern seaboard and the South sound like good places for it to be. Maybe hit the West Coast logistics permitting.

How about we let the people who are actually working on the blimp do their jobs? If you know what's best by all means head over to where it's at and take charge. But please, this armchair quarterbacking is getting old.

William C Colley

The campaign can do PERFECTLY WELL without the blimp!!!

The blimp could HELP the campaign, but we are going to WIN with or without the blimp!

I'm just saying the blimp is not worth the CONTINUED EXPENSE of HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars if it can't be in Boston to get a HUGE START and TONS of publicity.

Without a FANTASTIC start I think the blimp project is not worth the money. There are tons of other VERY WORTHY projects and chip-ins that could be FULLY FUNDED by a fraction of the money the blimp will cost!

A FRACTION!!!!!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
In MY opinion... Trevor should take the controls of the blimp and fly it up your a...

So many of you are calling me a troll but YOU are the ones making the personal attacks and insults?

seapilot
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Menthol Patch: this post does nothing but reduce or destroy your credibility for new posts or threads. No longer are they contributions of logic or educated reason but misguided emotion.

Ilhaguru
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
The blimp will CRASH AND BURN if it flies on bad weather!!

/exageration

Come on guys, it's up to the weather.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Menthol Patch: this post does nothing but reduce or destroy your credibility for new posts or threads. No longer are they contributions of logic or educated reason but misguided emotion.

I'm not the one attacking another user.

The difference between many of you and myself is that I don't care what other people think about me.

I'm giving my honest opinion and I don't care if some people attack me because of it. I don't care if a lot of people attack me. I'll continue giving my opinion.

Leslie Webb
12-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Just added Menthol Patch to my Ignore list. Too many negative posts. His fixation on getting to Boston come hell or high water makes it seem like he wants the blimp to go down.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Just added Menthol Patch to my Ignore list. Too many negative posts. His fixation on getting to Boston come hell or high water makes it seem like he wants the blimp to go down.

No. I do not want the blimp to crash. I would NOT advocate it flying in unsafe conditions.

I just think the blimp needs to make it to Boston or the project needs to be canceled.

Hamburglar
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
The blimp has already paid for its self with the free media it generated.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't see that it has generated a lot of free media.

I think 50K could generate more media (if spent on the correct chip ins) than what the blimp has generated so far.

Joe3113
12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't see that it has generated a lot of free media.

I think 50K could generate more media (if spent on the correct chip ins) than what the blimp has generated so far.

Ignore this infiltrator troll everybody. Join the fun.

Go Blimp!

USAHotair
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey menthol patch. I'm in a van right now leaving Amherst, Mass with the REVOLution banner in hand. There is at least six inches of snow on the ground so far and they're calling for at least twelve before this storm passes through.

As a full-time balloon and airship pilot, it is my professional and objective opinion that the Skyship needs to stay in the southern states. Boston is unrealistic with this weather and the blimp wouldn't even be able to make it there in time.

I don't know what else to say. Just ask for your $10-$5000 back and leave everyone to do their jobs which are being done to the best of their abilities.

P.S. I love this iPhone! :)

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey menthol patch. I'm in a van right now leaving Amherst, Mass with the REVOLution banner in hand. There is at least six inches of snow on the ground so far and they're calling for at least twelve before this storm passes through.

As a full-time balloon and airship pilot, it is my professional and objective opinion that the Skyship needs to stay in the southern states. Boston is unrealistic with this weather and the blimp wouldn't even be able to make it there in time.

I don't know what else to say. Just ask for your $10-$5000 back and leave everyone to do their jobs which are being done to the best of their abilities.

Then what kind of huge aircraft could be used to fly over the harbor and dump tea?

Forget this blimp project for a moment. What other kind of aircraft could be utilized?

Ethek
12-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Get that banner to NC! Hopefully they have time to put it on tonight.

Ethek
12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Well forget tonight. drivetime to NC looks to be about 11hrs. That puts it getting there around 5 AM Eastern. How long does it take to get a banner on?

USAHotair
Cars are spun out into ditches on rt. 91 already. We're doing 40 mph and it feels death-defying. I just hope we make it out of here without problems. It's my turn to drive next.

Menthol Patch
By the way, I'm interested in one day getting an iPhone. Is it easy to make posts and type with the eye phone? For example, I can type very very fast on a regular keyboard. I can type 60 words per minute on a bad day when I'm tired and much faster on a good day. Is it possible to type with any speed on the iphone?

Ethek
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Cars are spun out into ditches on rt. 91 already. We're doing 40 mph and it feels death-defying. I just hope we make it out of here without problems. It's my turn to drive next.

What are you driving.? I'm partial to those dodge sprinter vans. The econolines that everyone re badges can be pretty scary.

USAHotair
12-13-2007, 02:59 PM
It's got a touchscreen keyboard which suffices, but it's not something I want to keep doing right now. I'm in a Toyota minivan. We just passes a semi stuck in the median. Traffic has just slowed to a crawl.

paulie
12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds like fun :(

Ethek
12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
It's got a touchscreen keyboard which suffices, but it's not something I want to keep doing right now. I'm in a Toyota minivan. We just passes a semi stuck in the median. Traffic has just slowed to a crawl.

I love that your hooked in. The weather sounds treacherous. If your up to it start a live blog thread to track the banner progress. :P

It may be the launch ceremony is just ceremonial... might have to have the good side to the cameras

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM

Is there a way to hook a keyboard into the i phone? Does it have a USB port?

USAHotair
12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
That sounds like a fun idea. I'll start a new thread soon.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
If the blimp can't make it to Boston how can we dump tea into the harbor without the blimp?

What would be the best way of doing so?

Is there a way to rent an aircraft that can fly in bad weather?

How much would it cost to rent a replica of a boat used in the original Tea Party?

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I have supported Rudys Reading List.

I have supported the Tea Party.

I have supported Ron Paul in the debates.

I have supported various efforts to spread the word about Ron Paul.

I have spread the word about Ron Paul on places like DIGG, MYSPACE, and other forums I visit.

I also support the blimp project and have supported it from the start.

I did not complain about the blimp project or that the staff were getting paid. Unlike many others I did not complain when they were getting paid 1,000 dollars a week. I think they deserve that now.

I have said that they are doing a great job by organizing this project in such a short period of time.

However, I simply have an opinion about the FUTURE of this project that is different from many of you. I believe it is absolutely critical for the future of this project for the blimp to make it to Boston successfully. If it does not make it to Boston I simply believe the total MILLION dollars this project will cost could be more effectively spent on HUNDREDS of other projects and chip ins!

That's right, HUNDREDS of additional chip-ins could be supported by the cost of this one singular project.

For this you attack, bash, and call me a troll.

This is totally unfair and shows the immaturity of those who can't accept someone has a different opinion.

USAHotair
12-13-2007, 03:45 PM
P.S. - Menthol Patch, please don't clutter up my new thread with this utter tripe.

freelance
12-13-2007, 03:49 PM
1) For the blimp project to be successful people need to know about the blimp. The best chance for the blimp to get a huge boost of publicity from the start is to be in Boston for the Tea Party! There is currently NO OTHER MASSIVE EVENTS happening that can be used to get the blimp a huge boost of publicity. If the blimp does not get a HUGE START the mainstream media will simply try to ignore it and marginalize it.

ANY aviator worth his or her salt puts safety above all else, regardless of the consequences. Surely you agree that we don't need a tragedy on our hands, should the weather or the mechanical workings of the blimp be in question at flight time!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
He is THE TROLL!
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0295178/austin3_CN-147A-34F.jpg

Austin Powers: Nice to troll you... loathe you. Nice to loathe you, Troll.
Austin Powers: Don't say troll.
Foxxy Cleopatra: Now stop.
Austin Powers: I said troll.
Foxxy Cleopatra: Stop.
Number Three: Bye.
Austin Powers: Troll.
Basil Exposition: Oh, shut up!
Austin Powers: TROLLEE, TROLLEE, TROLLEE, TROLLEE, TROLLEE!!!!

You are reported.

1000-points-of-fright
12-13-2007, 04:14 PM
If the blimp can't make it to Boston how can we dump tea into the harbor without the blimp?

What would be the best way of doing so?

Is there a way to rent an aircraft that can fly in bad weather?

How much would it cost to rent a replica of a boat used in the original Tea Party?

Why is it necessary to dump tea in the harbor and from some sort of vehicle no less? I'm not sure how much tea you think they were planning on dropping. You wanna dump tea in the harbor? Buy a box, walk down to the docks and throw it in.

The physical act of dumping tea is not needed for this to be a success.

You may as well resign yourself to the fact that the blimp will not be in Boston. The weather will be too bad for it to travel to Boston and probably too bad to have it tethered to the ground outdoors even if gets there.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm still hoping that the blimp will make it to Boston.

If it does not make it to Boston I will stop supporting this project and focus on other aspects of the campaign.

For example, I'll spend my time promoting the New Year Eve's money bomb!

But I'm very excited about the blimp making it to Boston!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
ANY aviator worth his or her salt puts safety above all else, regardless of the consequences. Surely you agree that we don't need a tragedy on our hands, should the weather or the mechanical workings of the blimp be in question at flight time!

I have said from the start that they should not put anyone's lives in danger.

But if the blimp cannot make it to Boston the project should be canceled and the million dollars this project would eventually cost should be spent on other projects and chip-ins.

The 1,000,000 dollars this project could cost would pay for hundreds of chip-ins or dozens of smaller projects that might be even more cost effective!

Lacrosseus
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
So many of you are calling me a troll but YOU are the ones making the personal attacks and insults?

I am not calling you a troll... and I fully respect your right to dissent and express your beliefs... but not over and over and over and over with the same lines again... I want to hear new complaints!

Castrensis
12-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Seriously. This is only my second post, but a great deal of my time is spent in money-earning activity so I haven't much time to participate but peruse the boards when I am able to get the latest in RP news & views.

I love the blimp, the other candidates fear the blimp (wouldn't you?). However, this incessant naysaying by Menthol Patch & his insane schemes that are not grounded in reality are driving me nutty.

Here's my proposal, Menthol Patch: PM me your paypal address & I will personally refund your $25. That way you can stop losing your mind because you just realized your next pack of smokes will overdraw your checking account.

Capiche?

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 04:31 PM
.....I will personally refund your $25.

Was it only $25...lol....I'll throw in on that....

.....but seriously....I won't....no refunds...learn to read....

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Seriously. This is only my second post, but a great deal of my time is spent in money-earning activity so I haven't much time to participate but peruse the boards when I am able to get the latest in RP news & views.

I love the blimp, the other candidates fear the blimp (wouldn't you?). However, this incessant naysaying by Menthol Patch & his insane schemes that are not grounded in reality are driving me nutty.

Here's my proposal, Menthol Patch: PM me your paypal address & I will personally refund your $25. That way you can stop losing your mind because you just realized your next pack of smokes will overdraw your checking account.

Capiche?

I don't want any of your money. I want the blimp in Boston for the Tea Party. If that does not happen I'll simply start supporting other projects. For example, the end of the month money bomb!

By the way, I use menthol patches for back pain. I don't smoke.

patrick123
12-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Was it only $25...lol....I'll throw in on that....;)

.....but seriously....I won't....no refunds...learn to read....

Start a chipin for it. I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing the incessant nagging from Menthol. Its really bringing the signal to noise ratio down here.

And to Menthol:

As far as calling for the cancellation of the project.... Thats, well, stupid. The project is funded by people donating, if everyone believes the project isn't beneficial the donations will stop and the project will be cancelled. This is a grassroots project and the call to cancel the project should come from the bottom if from anywhere at all. Not that I see that coming any time soon. The only one likely to stop donating is Menthol.

Now, before you cut and paste your "I'm not a troll" rant yet again, I'm not calling you a troll. All I'm saying is everyone here knows your opinion and nobody is going to take anything you say to heart if you keep posting the same nonsense over and over. Try keeping one thread per subject. You want the hole fixed, I don't think anyone has said it won't be. You want the blimp in boston on the 16th. That isn't going to happen. You want the project cancelled. That also isn't going to happen. Try confining your posts to three threads, each one dedicated to one of these three subjects, so you don't clutter any real discussion about whats going to happen in reality.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Getting the hole fixed is MEANINGLESS if the blimp does not make it to Boston.

jjockers
12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow guys, anyone who thinks Menthol is a troll has not been reading his posts. He single handedly took control of several smaller fundraising efforts and probably encouraged several thousands extra dollars from his incessant encouragement/rallying. Give the guy a break, he has helped a lot!

That being said, weather is weather, can't do anything about that. Safety first.

patrick123
12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Getting the hole fixed is MEANINGLESS if the blimp does not make it to Boston.

Ok, then I don't want to see one more post from you about the hole because the blimp isn't going to Boston.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Just in case anyone forgot.....

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1] It often has a broader meaning referring to any shady trouble making Internet activity.

Calling for the cancellation of a full blown multi-thousand dollar project over and over among those who funded it would qualify for this title.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
And anyone who thinks their opinion overrides the opinion of the pilot responsible for a craft is just nuts.

Everyone hates backseat drivers. This is 100 times worse. You are not a pilot I imagine, not a blimp pilot I am sure, and probably have never been in a blimp. Get over it.

It ain't your call.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow guys, anyone who thinks Menthol is a troll has not been reading his posts. He single handedly took control of several smaller fundraising efforts and probably encouraged several thousands extra dollars from his incessant encouragement/rallying. Give the guy a break, he has helped a lot!

That being said, weather is weather, can't do anything about that. Safety first.

Thank you for stating the truth. I wish these people would stop attacking me as being a troll just because I have a different opinion than they do.

Of course by them attacking me as a troll they are just proving to me that they are very immature.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
And anyone who thinks their opinion overrides the opinion of the pilot responsible for a craft is just nuts.

Everyone hates backseat drivers. This is 100 times worse. You are not a pilot I imagine, not a blimp pilot I am sure, and probably have never been in a blimp. Get over it.

It ain't your call.

LISTEN UP!

I've said OVER And OVER again that I do not want the blimp to fly if it cannot do so safely.

[Admin - edit off-topic to sub-forum]

patrick123
12-13-2007, 05:05 PM
LISTEN UP!

I've said OVER And OVER again that I do not want the blimp to fly if it cannot do so safely.

However, if it cannot make it to Boston I think the whole thing should be canceled.

Everyone knows what you've said it OVER and OVER again. Shut the hell up about it unless you have something new to say. I don't think anyone agrees with you about the cancellation, and repeating yourself isn't going to change any minds.

Seriously, I think you could worry the piss out of a septic tank.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
LISTEN UP!

...... I think the whole thing should be canceled.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1] It often has a broader meaning referring to any shady trouble making Internet activity.

Calling for the cancellation of a full blown multi-thousand dollar project over and over among those who funded it just to annoy them, fully knowing that it can not be canceled. would qualify for this title.

PLEASE...just stop.

What are the new users suppose to thisnk when they read your posts after I ask them to come here while I go Door to Door.?????

PLEASE...just stop.

Arek
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Well the weather doesn;'t want to cooperate so the blimp won't be in Boston. I'm sorta glad it's flying South through some very important early primary states. South Carolina and hopefully Florida. Could jsut be what we need to spread Ron Paul's name. I honestly figured they wouldn't get to Boston due to the bad weather in the northeast.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm not stopping and I'm not doing anything wrong. Other people respond to what I'm saying and I respond to them. I'm not attacking anyone.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm not stopping and I'm not doing anything wrong. Other people respond to what I'm saying and I respond to them. I'm not attacking anyone.

LISTEN UP!

...... I think the whole thing should be canceled.

Calling for the cancellation of a full blown multi-thousand dollar project over and over among those who funded it just to annoy them, fully knowing that it can not be canceled. would qualify for this title.

PLEASE...just stop.

What are the new users suppose to think when they read your posts after I ask them to come here while I go Door to Door.?????

PLEASE...just stop.

See....repeating things over and over does not do any good.....it just makes people upset.....

Please stop.....

crasch
12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
"That's right, HUNDREDS of additional chip-ins could be supported by the cost of this one singular project."

That may be true. But it's fallacious to assume that the money people have given to the blimp would've gone to support those other projects. It's like assuming that if Ron Paul weren't in the race, the dollars that have gone to him would've gone to the other candidates. Some would've given to other candidates, to be sure, but most of the dollars wouldn't have gone to any candidate at all. Likewise, most of the dollars the blimp has raised are dollars that would not have been raised at all without the blimp.

In any case, this is the forum for supporters of the blimp project. If you no longer support the blimp project, given the unavoidable change in flight plan, would you please take your complaining elsewhere? Blimp supporters don't go to the other projects forums and tear down their efforts, and I don't appreciate you doing so here.

Castrensis
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Honestly, I have no problem with dissenting opinions but spamming the forums with what I would estimate to be at least one-hundred posts heckling the organizers for unforeseeable delays & the insolent weather is counterproductive & actively denigrating the effort.

It diverts valuable attention & enthusiasm from several other projects & exasperates even the most casual reader. While your opinion is yours and your right to express it is sacrosanct that does not mean that at times we should not temper our message, particularly when it is essential that we garner more support. These forums are the gathering place for RP information & potential (daresay I?) converts are witness to the infighting caused by a single person over his approx. 0.0001% share in an advertising campaign.

1) The Blimp shall not be in Boston. No need to continue heckling & scheming to move The Blimp North. Resolved.
2) As a result of The Blimp not being in Boston you claim it is meaningless to get the N "fixed". Therefore there is no point in continual heckling to get the N "fixed". Resolved.
3) You have been offered a refund & refused. Therefore, there is no point in continual heckling for a refund. Resolved.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm still hoping the weather will change and the blimp can make it to Boston.

patrick123
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Well, posting here won't change the weather, so you have nothing to post about.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Honestly, I have no problem with dissenting opinions but spamming the forums with what I would estimate to be at least one-hundred posts heckling the organizers for unforeseeable delays & the insolent weather is counterproductive & actively denigrating the effort.

It diverts valuable attention & enthusiasm from several other projects & exasperates even the most casual reader. While your opinion is yours and your right to express it is sacrosanct that does not mean that at times we should not temper our message, particularly when it is essential that we garner more support. These forums are the gathering place for RP information & potential (daresay I?) converts are witness to the infighting caused by a single person over his approx. 0.0001% share in an advertising campaign.

1) The Blimp shall not be in Boston. No need to continue heckling & scheming to move The Blimp North. Resolved.
2) As a result of The Blimp not being in Boston you claim it is meaningless to get the N "fixed". Therefore there is no point in continual heckling to get the N "fixed". Resolved.
3) You have been offered a refund & refused. Therefore, there is no point in continual heckling for a refund. Resolved.

Absolutely NOTHING is resolved.

When I find out if the blimp will be in Boston FOR A FACT then I will either keep supporting this project OR leave this forum forever and start supporting other projects.

Basically, if they tell me for a fact the blimp will not be in Boston you will not have to see any more of my posts in here.

brianbb98
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
whether or not the blimp goes to boston or not is dependent on the weather.

so right now its not an issue because we can do nothing about it.

Ethek
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Absolutely NOTHING is resolved.

When I find out if the blimp will be in Boston FOR A FACT then I will either keep supporting this project OR leave this forum forever and start supporting other projects.

Basically, if they tell me for a fact the blimp will not be in Boston you will not have to see any more of my posts in here.

QFP

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 05:49 PM
What does QFP mean?

wxflyguy
12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't want any of your money. I want the blimp in Boston for the Tea Party. If that does not happen I'll simply start supporting other projects. For example, the end of the month money bomb!

By the way, I use menthol patches for back pain. I don't smoke.

I would stop wasting your time and the time of others on this hope that it'll still go to Boston. It would behoove you then to START spending your time on another project.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I will begin starting on another project when I find out exactly what is happening with the blimp. Until then I'm here to stay.

slantedview
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Hope you guys are being safe.

USAHotair
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Hope you guys are being safe.

Lots of morons on the road tonight. We just got onto I-84 west from 91 just past Hartford. There seems to be one more major bottleneck to get through in the next few miles and hopefully things will clear up. We probably won't get to the hangar in time to get the other banner installed (a three hour project) before the blimp absolutely needs to leave the hangar. The wind speed must be less than 7 knots for the blimp to exit the hangar. Tomorrow morning is the last chance the winds will allow that to happen before the weekend. Looks like it will have to fly with one banner for now unless an absolute miracle in our transit occurs. Not likely with these conditions.

All I can say is that we left the instant we finished that last corner loop box-x stitching. Such is life.

RonPaulCentral
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Dude - you must promise to never ever ever ever forget to take your Lithium again!!! :p

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
TO MENTHOL PATCH

I GUARANTEE the Blimp will NOT be in Boston.
Now go away.

Ozwest
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
TO MENTHOL PATCH

Now go away.
+one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Nope. I'm not going anywhere unless there is an official announcement that the blimp will not be in Boston. If that happens I'm going to consider that the blimp never existed.

antiwardoc
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Looked up the driving time from Amherst to E-City, NC on maps.google.com. IN GOOD WEATHER it's about 11 hours.

So you guys are only gonna get in about 2-3 AM assuming you left about 1-2 PM today. Drive carefully!

And get some videos of the trip if you can. This is making history!

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2007, 01:45 AM
TO MENTHOL PATCH

Now go away.

hmmm... SC, FL, then west through the southern super Tuesday states, and north, to Iowa!

You have to try getting into one of them! and the weather looks pretty good if you can get the banner on in time. Maybe chase the storm East again - into NH.

Work fast guys, work fast!

-n

liam
12-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Had hoped to see it but can't be helped. Well done all!