PDA

View Full Version : American anarchist 'John Galton' shot dead in Acapulco

Anti Federalist
02-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Died by his own terms, which is more than can be said for me, or 99 percent of us.

American anarchist 'John Galton' shot dead in Acapulco

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/3/john-galton-american-anarchist-shot-dead-acapulco/

By Amy Guthrie - Associated Press - Sunday, February 3, 2019

MEXICO CITY — An American anarchist who went by the name John Galton was shot dead at his home in the Mexican resort of Acapulco, sending shivers through a tightknit anti-establishment community of expatriates that organizes events in the violence-torn retreat with seminars on topics such as how to make money via cryptocurrencies.

A woman describing herself as John’s partner, Lily, said via social media that she saw the gunmen go straight for John and his friend Jason Henza, 43. Henza made it to a private hospital with bullet wounds in an armpit, leg and hand. The hospital said he checked out that same day. Mexican police found equipment to process drugs, glass pipes and marijuana plants at the home.

Lily and Henza both posted videos to Facebook immediately after the shooting. Lily screamed: “I really need help! Somebody please come.” In his post, a bearded Henza said in a blood-smattered T-Shirt: “We were attacked. I’ve been shot three times. I’m not doing so good.”

Prior to the shooting, John and Lily hosted weekly “Meat Ups” at a local restaurant where self-professed carnivores dined only on meat. They were also busy recruiting speakers for an anarchist conference set to take place in Acapulco later in February. The dreadlocked couple, both in their 20s, posted a video to Facebook two months ago calling for attendees at the conference.

“We want freedom of ideas,” John said from the patio of a house that the couple rented for $400 a month high above the bay of Acapulco. Waves lapped gently far below and roosters crowed as he spoke.

Lily did not respond to request for comment via social media on Saturday. Henza declined to comment. A U.S. Department of State official said the Bureau of Consular Affairs was aware of an investigation into the death of a U.S. citizen in Acapulco, but that it couldn’t provide additional information due to privacy considerations.

John Galton could be a pseudonym, a nod to John Galt, the fictional character who defies convention in Ayn Rand’s individualistic tome “Atlas Shrugged.” John Galt is idolized among some anarchist groups who resent state overreach.

In a separate video posted to a YouTube channel called Press For Truth, John and Lily described how, in early 2016, they fled drug charges in the U.S. John said they each faced up to 25 years in prison for manufacture of a controlled substance - specifically, condensing marijuana into powerful extracts - that Lily used for chronic pain.

No U.S. federal court records for drug charges were found under the name John Galton.

In a second video a year later by Press For Truth, the couple detailed how they were getting by financially through selling glass drug pipes that Lily blew into shape. When asked about the high crime rates in Acapulco, the blue-eyed anarchist with scruffy facial hair said: “I’d say it’s safer than any big city I’ve lived in in the U.S., like way safer than Chicago or something like that.”

Guerrero state, home to Acapulco, has a murder rate of 64.2 per 100,000 residents, more than two times that of Chicago. Acapulco has become a hotbed for violence between drug gangs.

“There’s pockets of freedom all over the world,” John said in the video. “There’s so much that’s more free about where we live here.”

-Associated Press writer Jose Antonio Rivera contributed to this story from Acapulco.

jkr
02-03-2019, 09:59 PM
He was awesome!

Rip brother

angelatc
02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Wapo story. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/04/an-american-crypto-anarchist-fled-country-he-was-just-killed-mexicos-murder-capital/?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.afed6b058999&fbclid=IwAR0DLoDdAvlCDXN3k8hKkfCJTK59uXhFhtfLSK1k7 gnk0yFwSZ5x4ZDLkt0)

Bathed in the sunlight of Mexico’s dry season, his dreadlocks tumbling down his back, a man who went by the name “John Galton,” an apparent nod to the hero of Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged," observed almost two years ago, “There’s pockets of freedom all over the world if you’re willing to live in freedom.”

Galton paid a high price for that freedom. He was gunned down Friday by a band of men who stormed his home in Acapulco, where he and his girlfriend had found safe haven from drug charges in the United States, as they explained in a March 2017 video interview with the conspiracy site Press for Truth.

Joining a community of like-minded expatriates, Galton had sought to build a life as a self-made man. He advocated drug liberalization and taught classes on cryptocurrencies. He was set to be featured in a documentary called “Stateless.”

He envisioned himself as a prophet of American entrepreneurship — but freed from the constraints of the American nation-state.

“Go for what you want to do," he suggested to Americans considering a similar move. "If you think it’s not possible, maybe you’re doing it in the wrong place.”

As for the locals, “They don’t seem to mind us living here. We’ve lived here a year with no issues."

His girlfriend, Lily Forester, nodded. Defending the once-glamorous Pacific Coast city now considered Mexico’s “murder capital,” she said, “It’s not perfect, but it’s a hell of a lot better than anything I’ve experienced in the States.”

On Friday, she was left pleading for help after the rampage left her boyfriend dead and another man, Jason Henza, injured.

“If somebody’s listening, please, I just — somebody showed up right after we finished eating, and they shot John and Henza, and I was in the house, and John’s dead at the gate,” Forester wailed in video she posted on social media. She begged, “Somebody please come.”

Henza, 43, also recorded his anguished reactions to the attack. Appearing in a bloodied T-shirt, he stared into the camera and in a state of eerie resignation. “We were attacked," he reported. "I’ve been shot three times. I’m not doing so good.”

“Hopes and prayers, and all that stuff,” he added, speculating, “I think it’s backlash.”

Guerrero State police said in a statement Saturday that the survivors reported armed men showing up at a “cannabis greenhouse" and targeting Galton. The attorney’s office, which confirmed that Galton had been killed, said in a statement Sunday that it had found a marijuana laboratory on the premises, including white lights and gas tanks. No suspects had been named, and a motive for the killing remained unknown.

An email to the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs wasn’t immediately returned. The Associated Press reported that Galton was in his 20s and that Forester is, too.

In a statement to CoinSpice, a cryptocurrency news site, Forester said, “I will release a statement when it is safe for me to do so. The news is wrong, but I have to wait to tell my story.”

Speaking to Dan Dicks of Press for Truth in the spring of 2017, the couple said that they had been in Mexico for about a year, and that they had fled a potential 25-year prison sentence related to marijuana. They said they spent the equivalent of $300 a month, in addition to utilities, for their hideout in Vista Hermosa, which they described as a “developing neighborhood” on the edge of the city.

“We didn’t hurt anybody, so we’re just going where we’re valued,” Galton said.

Interviewed last year for a crypto-anarchist show called the Vonu Podcast, whose host labeled the couple “self-liberators,” each described their path to anarchism.

Raised by “hippie parents” who were anti-government but simultaneously dependent on food stamps, Forester said she became interested in politics in college. She realized politics “weren’t changing anything,” however, so she dropped out and “one thing led to another.”

Galton said that he had always had libertarian leanings, but that his anti-state philosophy grew sharper during the several months he spent in prison, although he claimed that he had never committed a crime. His lawyer gave him several books that put him on a “fast track toward anarchy,” he said, including Machiavelli’s “The Prince” and Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends and Influence People.”

The couple began using cryptocurrencies toward the end of 2011 and decided to “de-bank” in 2012, they said. Attempting to live off the grid — with only a “cheap smartphone" and the “occasional Google search” — they bounced around the Midwest.

In Detroit, where they experimented with gardening and tried to fight government land seizures, they ran afoul of drug laws nearly three years ago, they said. “We were just trying to live in peace with our use of the cannabis plant," Forester said. "We had the wrong things on us at the wrong time.”

They were charged with five felonies, Galton said, and faced the possibility of more than 25 years in prison.

That’s when they fled, heading first to California and then to Mexico. “Neither of us could afford to pay all of the money to bribe the judges,” Forester said. “Our only defense was to leave.”

They crossed the border with $50 in cash. Once in Acapulco, they found odd jobs in the tourism industry, while also amassing followings on Steemit, a blogging and social networking site. Forester built a business blowing glass into pipes. Among their projects were organizing “Meat Ups,” which advocated a carnivorous diet, and creating “an uncensorable Wikipedia.”

They were founders of Anarchaforko, an anarchist conference and spinoff of the more well-known Anarchapulco, which brings 3,000 people to Acapulco each year for discussions about ways to “live unchained.” Both were to take place this month.

A participant in last year’s events mourned Galton’s death — suggesting that he had been targeted by cartels because he was competing with them — but said he was not afraid to return to the resort town in the state of Guerrero, which had a homicide rate in 2017 of 64.2 per 100,000 inhabitants, more than twice that of Chicago.

“You gotta have common sense about it, but I’d say it’s safer than any big city I’ve lived in in the U.S., like way safer than Chicago or something like that,” Galton said in the March 2017 interview, titled “John and Lily on the Run.”

Asked by Press for Truth whether there had been any contact from American authorities, Galton said, “We’re sure they know, like at this point, we’re trying to call out the corruption of the system."

“We don’t dislike America or anybody like that,” he said, explaining that his objection was rather to “statism.” He averred, “Taxation is theft.”

“And this is how they affect real people’s lives,” Forester said.

angelatc
02-05-2019, 01:45 PM
His wife's Facebook video on Youtube. The comments are not sympathetic - anti-freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDItacFFl4

Anti Globalist
02-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Government killed him.

shakey1
02-05-2019, 03:31 PM
They don't want you to be free... anywhere.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 04:49 PM
His wife's Facebook video on Youtube. The comments are not sympathetic - anti-freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDItacFFl4

I'm shocked.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Gee, who'da thought that going to a world murder capital with idealistic visions of fighting the man might be a bad idea? I mean, I'm shocked. I would've thought going to Mexico and competing with drug cartels would be a walk in the park, but my illusions have been so cruelly shattered. I mean, Alcopulco is safer than Chicago, they said so themselves. The higher murder rate in Mexico is just propaganda! Truly, this man is a model to be admired emulated.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 05:05 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/SO9XV1b7IwcBsUGZY_2_X9po7uk=/1258x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/IJYMBEWDPVDNTG6A73JNEU2IFM.png
Look at this guy, what a fucking tool. The libertarian movement would be so much better off without these kinds of people.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Gee, who'da thought that going to a world murder capital with idealistic visions of fighting the man might be a bad idea? I mean, I'm shocked. I would've thought going to Mexico and competing with drug cartels would be a walk in the park, but my illusions have been so cruelly shattered. I mean, Alcopulco is safer than Chicago, they said so themselves. The higher murder rate in Mexico is just propaganda! Truly, this man is a model to be admired emulated.

No worries comrade, they'll all be imported here before too much longer.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 05:42 PM

They had balls enough to try. They said fuck you, we'll take our chances and lost. WTF have you done?

Swordsmyth
02-05-2019, 05:45 PM
They had balls enough to try. They said $#@! you, we'll take our chances and lost. WTF have you done?

Avoided an honorable mention in the Darwin awards.

Terminal stupidity is NOT a virtue.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Avoided an honorable mention in the Darwin awards.

Terminal stupidity is NOT a virtue.

And the beat goes on, I'm gonna kneel because it's futile not to.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2019, 05:49 PM
They had balls enough to try. They said fuck you, we'll take our chances and lost. WTF have you done?

That's how I saw it as well.

This falls into the same category as Kokesh bashing.

Not my style, but I admire the courage.

Swordsmyth
02-05-2019, 05:53 PM
And the beat goes on, I'm gonna kneel because it's futile not to.
I may live long enough to actually affect things for the better, he just helped the powers that be make libertarians look insane.

Until you do what he did you don't have any right to throw stones at anyone else who doesn't do it either.

Swordsmyth
02-05-2019, 05:54 PM

Courage must be tempered with wisdom, Kokesh and this guy are a detriment to the movement, they drive people away.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Kokesh isn't mine either, but I have better things to do than bash someone actually doing something.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 06:01 PM
"They had balls enough to try. They went into the woods to live off the grid and start poking bears, throwing rocks at hornets nests and play Russian Roulette. They lived on their own terms."

Give me a fucking break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:04 PM
I may live long enough to actually affect things for the better, he just helped the powers that be make libertarians look insane.

Until you do what he did you don't have any right to throw stones at anyone else who doesn't do it either.

You aren't going to affect shit towards reducing the police state. I don't think you believe what you just typed. Sitting on this forum 24/7 ain't gonna do squat. Until a majority of the people reject the tyrants and refuse to follow their rules nothing will change.

I wasn't the one throwing stones, but you already knew that. And you have no idea what kind of jeopardy I'm currently in for being a refusenik, but carry on with your bad self keyboard warrior.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:05 PM
"They had balls enough to try. They went into the woods to live off the grid and start poking bears, throwing rocks at hornets nests and play Russian Roulette. They lived on their own terms."

Give me a fucking break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.

Do you even know why they went there? Don't google it, just answer.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Do you even know why they went there? Don't google it, just answer.
Yes, they were running from a drug charge.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Yes, they were running from a drug charge.

Why?

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Why?
Because they're ideologically opposed to drug prohibition and didn't want to go to jail for a victimless crime, I would imagine.

Swordsmyth
02-05-2019, 06:10 PM
You aren't going to affect $#@! towards reducing the police state. I don't think you believe what you just typed. Sitting on this forum 24/7 ain't gonna do squat. Until a majority of the people reject the tyrants and refuse to follow their rules nothing will change.
I will live long enough to be able to do more in the future and you have no idea what else I do right now.

I wasn't the one throwing stones, but you already knew that.
So saying that I "kneel" isn't throwing a stone?

And you have no idea what kind of jeopardy I'm currently in for being a refusenik, but carry on with your bad self keyboard warrior.
I have a pretty good idea and I don't criticize you because there is merit to your position and at least as far as I know you don't do brain meltingly stupid things that drive people away from the movement like this guy.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Because they're ideologically opposed to drug prohibition and didn't want to go to jail for a victimless crime, I would imagine.

Now, I can't verify the truth of this but it really shouldn't matter;

In a separate video posted to a YouTube channel called Press For Truth, John and Lily described how, in early 2016, they fled drug charges in the U.S. John said they each faced up to 25 years in prison for manufacture of a controlled substance - specifically, condensing marijuana into powerful extracts - that Lily used for chronic pain.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:16 PM
I will live long enough to be able to do more in the future and you have no idea what else I do right now.

So saying that I "kneel" isn't throwing a stone?

I have a pretty good idea and I don't criticize you because there is merit to your position and at least as far as I know you don't do brain meltingly stupid things that drive people away from the movement like this guy.

How do you know how long you will live? Do you have some vision of the future? I meant Paleo was the one throwing stones before you put yourself into it, but you already knew that.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Now, I can't verify the truth of this but it really shouldn't matter;
Obviously, that shouldn't be a crime, but I'm not chastising them for fleeing or even fleeing to Mexico. I'm chastising them for believing that a worldwide murder capital was safe, going down there and competing with some of the most brutal killers on Earth. There was only one way that was going to end. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Origanalist
02-05-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm out. Being called to spend time, anyway, pretty much said all I want.

Swordsmyth
02-05-2019, 06:21 PM
How do you know how long you will live? Do you have some vision of the future?
We could all die any minute but statistics say I am very likely to live for decades more and throwing it away while also making liberty people look bad would be quite foolish.

angelatc
02-05-2019, 08:43 PM

I'm usually pretty harsh, but their brains aren't even fully developed. Life teaches lessons, but we're allowed to mourn when people die when attempting to live free.

Ender
02-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Government killed him.

My 1st thought as well- WoD and all.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2019, 09:51 PM
I'm usually pretty harsh, but their brains aren't even fully developed. Life teaches lessons, but we're allowed to mourn when people die when attempting to live free.

This.

Sometimes we don't live through the mistakes.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and two gringos trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel shithole are mistakes most don't recover from.

Occam's Banana
02-05-2019, 09:59 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

Ditto and +rep. If they were fools, then they've paid the price for it.

But I'll save my spit for the graves of those who actually deserve it (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?525785-McCain-just-died!) ...

jkr
02-05-2019, 10:08 PM

Give me a $#@!ing break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.

what is this "first world" you speak of...

https://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/tanks-waco-texas.jpg
...i wish to know more

Brian4Liberty
02-05-2019, 10:12 PM
This.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel shithole are mistakes most don't recover from.

What could possibly go wrong? Don’t they support friendly free market competition in Mexico (and Guatemala)?

Anti Federalist
02-05-2019, 10:16 PM
What could possibly go wrong? Don’t they support friendly free market competition in Mexico (and Guatemala)?

Just peaceful friendly folks trying to make their lives better.

kcchiefs6465
02-05-2019, 10:19 PM
This is not as funny as it could have been.... you know, if the United States had free markets.

Brian4Liberty
02-05-2019, 10:32 PM
I’m sure I agree quite a bit with the guy politically, but I’d file this under the “got killed ignoring danger in the third world” files...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528583-American-killed-by-tribemen-in-Indian-islands
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529241-Leopard-kills-Buddhist-monk-meditating-in-forest
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Biehl

Anti Federalist
02-06-2019, 10:32 AM
I’m sure I agree quite a bit with the guy politically, but I’d file this under the “got killed ignoring danger in the third world” files...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528583-American-killed-by-tribemen-in-Indian-islands
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529241-Leopard-kills-Buddhist-monk-meditating-in-forest

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/664171467848998912/aN0prwXD_400x400.jpg

phill4paul
02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
So, he had to flee because he made cannabis extracts. Too bad he didn't have millions of dollars backing him like these companies...

Major Beer Companies Getting Into U.S. Cannabis Market In Spite of Federal Law

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmikeadams%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07% 2FScreen-Shot-2018-07-02-at-11.07.20-AM.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeadams/2018/07/02/major-beer-companies-getting-into-u-s-cannabis-market-in-spite-of-federal-law/#7fcda5415d90

Indy Vidual
02-06-2019, 11:04 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/SO9XV1b7IwcBsUGZY_2_X9po7uk=/1258x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/IJYMBEWDPVDNTG6A73JNEU2IFM.png
Look at this guy, what a $#@!ing tool. The libertarian movement would be so much better off without these kinds of people.

I am looking, could you be more specific as you criticize someone who was murdered for wanting to be free? Is there a chance we would be better off without you?

Suzanimal
02-06-2019, 11:56 AM

Kokesh isn't mine either, but I have better things to do than bash someone actually doing something.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

Ditto and +rep. If they were fools, then they've paid the price for it.

But I'll save my spit for the graves of those who actually deserve it (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?525785-McCain-just-died!) ...

Yes to all of the above.

RIP
:(

Ender
02-06-2019, 12:11 PM
This.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and two gringos trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel $#@!hole are mistakes most don't recover from.

Which is supported by the WoD & the alphabets. My first gut reaction is that it ain't the Mexicans that took him down.

shakey1
02-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Which is supported by the WoD & the alphabets. My first gut reaction is that it ain't the Mexicans that took him down.

Prolly never know fer sure, but wouldn't discount it entirely.

Champ
02-06-2019, 12:35 PM
The attacks on these people definitely does feel similar to the typical attacks we see on Adam Kokesh. Why waste the effort when we have far bigger fish to fry.

Daring to make a life outside of a corruptly infested surveillance state tax plantation is something that should be commended, not ridiculed. You can of course disagree with their ideology and their lifestyle choices and say they had it coming to them. Maybe they did. Maybe the law, caught up to them, regardless of geographic isolation. Maybe they made bad choices. All of this is possible. When we have just a handful of people born in the US, willing to get rid of everything that they have here and move away to take an ideological stand against said corrupted state, we should be happy there are people willing to take this stand, even when it literally has cost them their lives. Taking shots at them is like complaining about traffic. Anyone can do it, it's easy, but why waste the time when we have 1000+ problems that are bigger problems than this.

We should both be taking a stand for those of us living here and appreciating those that take a stand using other methods. It's not mutually exclusive to endorse both and we cannot be fooled or tricked into thinking one is good and the other is bad. There isn't one right way to fight back. Both are fighting the deep state, the corrupt core of this nation. Doesn't mean you have to follow in these folks footsteps or emulate them in any way. We each play our own part in this fight and denigrating people that choose a different path will not help us win in the end. I'm not talking about "staying unified" or whatever some people say is hurting the libertarian movement. I'm talking about wasting time on low hanging fruit when we should be infuriated at the last batch of rights that the government has stolen away from the people.

We all have a common enemy, let's keep it that way and stay focused on that and leave the trivial pettiness to the leftist msm.

TheTexan
02-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Agreed. He would have been much safer in a U.S. prison.

Brian4Liberty
02-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Agreed. He would have been much safer in a U.S. prison.

Better to be in Baja California, and staying out of any drug business ventures. Or Canada.

Brian4Liberty
02-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Acapulco is no longer a tourist destination...

Tourists in Mexico drive around dismembered and burned corpses of cartel victims amid gang violence spike in one-time holiday hotspot Acapulco
28th March 2018
The resort city is now at the centre of a crime wave that has swept across the country with extortion, kidnaps and murder daily occurrences.

Acapulco was once frequented by film stars such as Elizabeth Taylor and even members of the Kennedy family.

It was even the subject of the Four Tops 1988 hit Going Loco Down In Acapulco which sang about how "the magic" in the town was "so strong".

But that magic has been replaced by hideous violence.

Despite its former glamour Acapulco resides in Guerrero state, one of Mexico’s poorest provinces and one of the most ravaged by organised crime.
More: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5918901/acapulco-mexico-tourists-gang-violence-cartel-victims-corpses/

And:

How Acapulco became Mexico’s murder capital (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/how-acapulco-became-mexicos-murder-capital/)

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2019, 04:53 PM
I am looking, could you be more specific as you criticize someone who was murdered for wanting to be free? Is there a chance we would be better off without you?
He wasn't murdered for wanting freedom, he was murdered for fleeing to a murder capital that he believed to be safe for God knows what reason, and started competing with fucking drug cartels. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This outcome was entirely predictable.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Dem Mexicans dindu nuffin! Dey good bois. Dem cartels are just peaceful flowerchildren trying to make it in a cruel world. Killing someone competing with their business is so out of character for them!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Sounds like the ole "drug deal gone bad."

phill4paul
02-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Could have been a fellow Anarcho-Capitalist....

Galton was part of a small community of fellow anarcho-capitalists formed by Jeff Berwick, who promised a drug-friendly haven and hosts the annual “Anarchapulco” festival. Berwick says Galton and Forester should’ve known what they were getting into.

“They started up a competing conference to Anarchapulco, called Anarchaforko and John continued to be involved in one way or another with the production or sale of plants,” Berwick told The Daily Beast in an email. “Unfortunately, that is the one thing that is very dangerous to do in Mexico as the drug cartels will attack anyone they see as competition and that appears to have happened to John.”

Anarchapulco will go on as scheduled next week and might be even bigger due to the murder, Berwick says.

“We've received nothing but love from attendees and expect this will not affect attendance in a negative way at all,” he said. “In fact, it could increase attendance as more people are exposed to our message this week due to media coverage of this tragic event.”

Forester, meanwhile, suggested the murder had an anarchist connection.

“All I can say is be careful of everyone,” she wrote in a Telegram post, first reported by CoinSpice. “Those who talk anarchy don’t always Live in accordance. This was because we trusted and helped the wronfg [sic] ‘anarchist’. Be vigilant, on your toes and skeptical of all.”

In another Telegram post, she added that “the news is wrong, but I have to wait to tell my story.”

she continued on Discord. “This is a big mess and while I'm sad about it I don't want to leave Mexico. Mexico isn't the problem, this was due to an American who hired Mexicans.

Anyone going to go see Ron?

This year’s Feb. 14-17 Anarchapulco promises a nudist pool, psychedelics, sex counseling, and sessions on radical homeschooling—as well as big-name Republican figures like former presidential candidate Ron Paul and Fox News personality Judge Andrew Napolitano.

The conference is located in a ritzy Acapulco hotel. Attendees will have shelled out $545 for tickets, with options to pay an additional $495 for an “investment summit,” $255 for the “Infinite Man” summit with a pickup artist, $140 for “De-Mystifying the Occult,” and $250 each for various drug ceremonies like “Jaguar Vision,” an hour-long DMT experience.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-galton-wanted-libertarian-paradise-in-anarchapulco-he-got-bullets-instead

LibertyEagle
02-07-2019, 02:42 PM
//

Slave Mentality
02-07-2019, 04:21 PM
^Sign me up for the Ron Paul visit, as well as Jaguar Vision.

Pauls' Revere
02-07-2019, 04:31 PM
This.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and two gringos trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel $#@!hole are mistakes most don't recover from.

Yeah, not the way I would Expat either.

phill4paul
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM
^Sign me up for the Ron Paul visit, as well as Jaguar Vision.

Send us some pics.

Slave Mentality
02-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Send us some pics.

I am too poor.

Krugminator2
02-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Give me a $#@!ing break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.

For some reason, all of these anarchists that move there equate not having a strong rule of law with freedom. Mexico is a third world shithole. Property rights and rule of law are what make a functioning society. Mexico has neither, therefore it is not free.

I am not going to dump on this guy. I am strongly against the drug war. He should have watched Narcos Mexico. These guys don't mess around. One of the film crew scouts for Narcos was murdered in Mexico because he was poking around.

Krugminator2
02-07-2019, 05:38 PM

If your gut reaction isn't that a drug cartel killed him based on this story, you should never trust your gut.

Who do you think killed him? Richard Nixon?

Brian4Liberty
02-08-2019, 11:04 AM

Anyone going to go see Ron?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-galton-wanted-libertarian-paradise-in-anarchapulco-he-got-bullets-instead

Wow. Just saw that article myself. It's worth reading the entire article.

It seems like all of these anarcho-utopia schemes in a foreign nation always end up resulting in scams, fraud or murder.

I had no idea Ron Paul was involved in this "event" and I would advise him to rethink it.

AuH20
02-08-2019, 11:07 AM
'Drug friendly haven.' Yes, that haven killed him.

Ender
02-08-2019, 11:09 AM
If your gut reaction isn't that a drug cartel killed him based on this story, you should never trust your gut.

Who do you think killed him? Richard Nixon?

Who do you think supports the cartels. Clue: It ain't Nixon.

AuH20
02-08-2019, 11:10 AM
“After the first Anarchapulco, quite a few people moved down there, which became the core of this community. They were a mix of varying idealists, anarchists, heavily into drugs and partying and all that. That was the core of the group,” Mike said. “You don’t get a particularly nice, functioning community. Over time, the community’s broken up and splintered off about a dozen times.”

Mike said he grew worried about his physical safety. The city was notorious for murders; armed robbery and cartel extortion were a fact of life, he said. But Berwick and others make frequent reference to the ease of living in the city.

“At one point quite a large crowd came, but they were extremely naive,” Mike said. “Jeff was always saying publicly that Acapulco’s not dangerous, that you can do anything, nothing will happen to you. People believed him.”

LOL

When asked about the high crime rates in Acapulco, the blue-eyed anarchist with scruffy facial hair said: 'I'd say it's safer than any big city I've lived in in the U.S., like way safer than Chicago or something like that.'

Guerrero state, home to Acapulco, has a murder rate of 64.2 per 100,000 residents, more than two times that of Chicago.

AuH20
02-08-2019, 11:13 AM

The Mexicans are the spokes of that wheel. Damn right they did.

AuH20
02-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Is it just me or are the more hedonistic libertarians just lacking street smarts that other libertarians possess? I admire what he was trying to do, but you have to be really naive. First off, your appearance is a dead giveaway, in that you're a first world westerner living in a foreign land. You are a prime target, just from an image standpoint. Then you push your way into their business, without taking the necessary steps for protection? Umm?

Brian4Liberty
02-08-2019, 11:55 AM

Galton was part of a small community of fellow anarcho-capitalists formed by Jeff Berwick, who promised a drug-friendly haven and hosts the annual “Anarchapulco” festival. Berwick says Galton and Forester should’ve known what they were getting into.

“They started up a competing conference to Anarchapulco, called Anarchaforko and John continued to be involved in one way or another with the production or sale of plants,” Berwick told The Daily Beast in an email. “Unfortunately, that is the one thing that is very dangerous to do in Mexico as the drug cartels will attack anyone they see as competition and that appears to have happened to John.”

Let’s hope not. That statement is a bit suspicious.

Indy Vidual
02-09-2019, 05:59 PM
He wasn't murdered for wanting freedom, he was murdered for fleeing to....

The young man had plenty of time to eventually get rid of the long hair.
You called him a "tool", with a picture posted, so your comment was based (at least partly) on his looks:
Yes or No?

angelatc
02-09-2019, 06:33 PM
I am too poor.

They're anarchists, so probably won't be any security to stop you, am I right?

angelatc
02-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Wow. Just saw that article myself. It's worth reading the entire article.

It seems like all of these anarcho-utopia schemes in a foreign nation always end up resulting in scams, fraud or murder.

I had no idea Ron Paul was involved in this "event" and I would advise him to rethink it.

Ron Paul has gone every year for the past few years. It's in a resort, not in the city itself.

Here's his speech from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8eEnzcGWzQ

Slave Mentality
02-10-2019, 07:18 AM
They're anarchists, so probably won't be any security to stop you, am I right?

This has nothing to do with my ability to afford a trip to Mexico. You are just fussy because my beliefs don’t align with yours, am I right?

You are wrong about security - airport security and customs is not concerned about political beliefs. That’s plenty of security to keep me from going. Like I said, I am too poor to spend a couple grand on something like this anyway.

May you not be as abrasive in the real world.

mt4rp
02-10-2019, 08:16 AM
He was the key note speaker at last years Anarchapulco 2018

angelatc
02-10-2019, 11:57 AM
This has nothing to do with my ability to afford a trip to Mexico. You are just fussy because my beliefs don’t align with yours, am I right?

You are wrong about security - airport security and customs is not concerned about political beliefs. That’s plenty of security to keep me from going. Like I said, I am too poor to spend a couple grand on something like this anyway.

May you not be as abrasive in the real world.

Lighten up, Sparky. It was a joke.

I don't pay enough attention to you to even know what we disagree on.

tn1776
09-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Leaving the system is not easy.

If you set up a commune, you will be called a racist child-abusing nutjob.

You will be forced to have mandatory warrantless inspections and buy solar panels. You will not be allowed to have animals or outhouses.

If you live on a sailboat, you cannot have vitamins or fruit or vegetables.

If you stay in society, you can have electricity, water, cars, the Internet, and plentiful cheap or free processed food, but you must be enslaved and lose your privacy forever by being wiretapped, getting a name, SSN, giving a DNA sample, and fingerprints if you want to bank, drive, fly, travel, work, study, get healthcare, or marry.

jkr
09-23-2019, 07:40 AM
and they call it "civilization"

i call it perpetual violence