PDA

View Full Version : I came here looking for

oyarde
02-03-2019, 08:40 AM
An article titles something like " TSA worker jumps to his death in Orlando airport " .

timosman
02-03-2019, 09:44 AM
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=TSA+worker+jumps+to+his+death+in+Orlando+airpor t&ia=news

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2019/02/02/tsa-worker-jumps-his-death-from-hotel-balcony-orlando-airport/fje2G6XGdHsv2bzwYcmbJM/story.html

A terminal at Orlando International Airport was evacuated and incoming flights were grounded Saturday morning after a Transportation Security Administration officer jumped to his death, police and witnesses said.

The officer, described by the Orlando, Florida, police as a man in his 40s, had just clocked out of work before jumping from a balcony of the Hyatt Regency in the airport atrium about 9:30 a.m.

“The TSA confirms that an on-duty officer fell from a hotel balcony inside Orlando International Airport this morning and is deceased,” said Jenny Burke, a spokeswoman for the agency. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the officer’s family, friends and everyone in our TSA family.”

The sound of the man crashing to the floor caused passengers to flee unscreened into a restricted area, Burke said. Crowds of passengers were being rescreened on Saturday afternoon. Officials said flight operations were starting to return to normal about 12:30 p.m. Saturday. The Federal Aviation Administration issued a halt to inbound flights that was lifted at 11:30 a.m.

Michael Bawol, 32, was traveling home to Halifax, Nova Scotia, after a week of work in Florida when he saw a man standing on the outer ledge of a balcony on the top floor of the hotel, he said.

“It looked like he was repairing something, and I thought to myself that this was a very dangerous spot to be fixing something,” Bawol wrote in an email. “At that moment, he turned and faced the main hall, extended his arms to the side and let himself fall.”

Bawol, who said he was about 20 feet away, looked away when he realized the man was jumping.

“I covered my ears, but the sound of impact was still audible,” he said.

Adults and children began crying when they realized what had happened. TSA agents rushed in and guided passengers to the terminal exits. Paramedics tried to revive the man before moving him to a stretcher.

Police said the man, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Another witness, Greg Oswald, a psychologist from Plainfield, Illinois, was returning home after a Disney cruise with his wife and four children when he heard passengers gasping and screaming.

“All the families and everyone there is just watching in horror,” Oswald said. “I was anxious and scared and very worried for my family.”

During the partial government shutdown, TSA workers at several major airports around the country were working without pay and began to call in sick in increasing numbers, union and airport management officials.

Rep. Darren Soto, D-Fla., said on Twitter: “Our @TSA Officers have already suffered so much during the #GovernmentShutdown. This apparent suicide only adds to tragedy experienced at Orlando Int’l. Our prayers go out to his family and co-workers after this difficult loss.”

oyarde
02-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Congrats to retard dem FLA . Rep. Soto for blaming it on govt shutdown right out of the gate . Congrats to florida for electing such great leaders .

Danke
02-03-2019, 09:59 AM
I came here looking forAn article titles something like " TSA worker jumps to his death in Orlando airport " .

Why, was he a tribal member?

oyarde
02-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Why, was he a tribal member?

Negative , we have not infiltrated an agency with such low pay and moral standards . I have strict restrictions on govt employment . Has to be approved by me and the purpose will be to gain skills useful later .

timosman
02-03-2019, 10:08 AM
Negative , we have not infiltrated an agency with such low pay and moral standards . I have strict restrictions on govt employment . Has to be approved by me and the purpose will be to gain skills useful later .

Aren't you worried Russians might have taken advantage of the situation?

oyarde
02-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Aren't you worried Russians might have taken advantage of the situation?

Russians are too smart to work TSA jobs.

Stratovarious
02-03-2019, 10:18 AM
The way I heard it , he jumped off the counter and stepped on an I E D, they say
that most airports today are just infested with them, in fact I hear there
were 3 terrists' living under his couch.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2019, 11:07 AM
I posted this in the "Danke do something" thread.

Anti Globalist
02-03-2019, 11:49 AM
That TSA worker did a great service by putting himself out of his misery.

angelatc
02-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Well, if I decide to be suicidal, this is a close second to crashing a plane into an IRS building, I guess.

I actually spoke with someone who was a passenger at the airport, and he said the TSA agent cleaned out his desk first. Very thoughtful.

brushfire
02-03-2019, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKEqMdz_xL4

Danke
02-03-2019, 02:28 PM
I posted this in the "Danke do something" thread.

What would you like me to do about it?

Anti Federalist
02-03-2019, 04:00 PM

Go on a multi city, good will tour, of "~Hugs~ for TSA Agents", to make them feel better.

Gonna write Munoz an email suggesting that.

Will call it Hugs For TSA Agents or HOTASs

timosman
02-03-2019, 04:31 PM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/brutal-three-days-for-dhs-after-three-employees-killed-in-separate-incidents

February 03, 2019

Three employees with the Department of Homeland Security died while working over the past three days — unusual in such a short period of time, even for such a large federal agency.

The three DHS personnel who died while on the job include Michel Kozloski of the Coast Guard, Donna Doss of Border Patrol, and an unnamed male officer from the Transportation Security Administration.

On Thursday, Kozloski, a 35-year-old chief warrant officer, was killed as the result of a crane accident at the Coast Guard buoy yard in Homer, Alaska. Kozloski, originally from Mahopac, N.Y., had been assigned to the Coast Guard Cutter Hickory crew.

“It’s with great sadness that we announce the passing of a devoted shipmate, husband and father following this tragic accident,” Rear Adm. Matthew Bell Jr., Coast Guard 17th District commander, said in a statement. “Chief Warrant Officer Kozloski faithfully served his country for over 17 years and we are forever grateful for his steadfast devotion to duty and sacrifices.”

On Saturday morning, a TSA officer working at Orlando International Airport died following a fall from a hotel balcony that overlooks security lines at the airport.

TSA said the officer "fell" from the Hyatt Regency Hotel balcony into the atrium of the airport. However, Orlando police said in a statement that the 40-something-year-old man "jumped" and the death appeared to be a suicide. The incident is being investigated by local police.

Hours later, on Saturday evening, a 17-year veteran of the Border Patrol was killed while working in Abilene, Texas. Doss had been helping state and local police on Interstate 20 when she was struck by a vehicle.

DHS did not respond to a request for comment on the deaths.

Occam's Banana
02-03-2019, 04:34 PM
That TSA worker did a great service by putting himself out of his our misery.

Fixed.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2019, 07:16 AM
Danke ignored my suggestion...

shakey1
02-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Let your conscience be your guide.:cool:

oyarde
02-04-2019, 08:37 AM

If you are going to push them off get more than one at a time.

Danke
02-04-2019, 10:05 AM
@Danke (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=6186) ignored my suggestion...

You sure?

https://fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/gettyimages-1086347952-e1548189634704.jpg?w=1024

Too late:

http://www.advicegoddess.com/archives/2012/04/18/Screen%20shot%202012-04-18%20at%207.40.45%20AM.png

TheTexan
02-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Very sad. I guess the pressures of keeping so many people safe, was just too much for him.